The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Toxteth O'Grady

Does anyone have an aproximate guess when the verdict is likely? I have a feeling this is going to still be delayed somehow.

I read that there would be a buffet lunch after the vote.

The SFL chairmen will be getting a bit peckish now :thumbsup:

It may not be over even if we get the vote that is just and true send to division 3, Dumcaster.Regan and Longmuir look hell bent on getting there way, Petrie and Green are holding there strings its all down to money screw intergrity thats there moto.

Edited by jambosrbarry

Rick Grimes

Does anyone have an aproximate guess when the verdict is likely? I have a feeling this is going to still be delayed somehow.

I'd assume sometime mid-afternoon. The pre-vote threats & intimidation are just about done now so that just leaves the voting & the 'accidental' miscounting of ballots to do.

If Regan and Doncaster get punted there will no doubt be many a position they could fill as campaign managers for many worldwide Politicians.

I am sure given there Tactics, positions in North Korea, Syria indeed any un democratic state will be worthy of there charm.

Scottish fitba you couldnae make it up yet Davie Hay says we should all be ashamed :woot:

colinmaroon

So today counts for nothing then?

That's a bummer, eh?

Rangers: Clubs fear Division Three vote could be overruled

Dunfermline and Clyde fear ways will be found not to abide by any decision to vote Rangers into Division Three.

And John Yorkston, who is hoping the Pars will play in the SPL, said: "They still haven't ruled out Rangers."

"Ourselves and Dundee are the two main contenders, though I wouldn't rule out the SPL doing something regarding newco if Rangers or newco are put into the Third Division," said Yorkston, who thought there would be calls for the resignation of top personnel at the SFA and SPL.

"Neil Doncaster told the SFL clubs that the SPL would not allow Rangers to join the Third Division as the loss of ?16m would not be countenanced," said the Division Three club's latest statement.

"He is also on record as having said that a 16-team league would cost ?20m, therefore we can hardly have confidence that the focus on finance will allow these proposals to come to life.

"Given that the SPL and SFA have signalled a clear intention to act against any decision that might result in Sevco Scotland Ltd being admitted to the Third Division...We can expect that, no matter what the SFL clubs decide, Sevco Scotland will not be playing in the Third Division in the coming season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

KEY points in the act of betrayal that is currently being worked out by the thoroughly discredited CE's.

Imeantasong

Why do i get the feeling the headlines will read " DESCENDED INTO FARCE " very shortly :facepalm:

DESCENDED?

Already there and beyond :lol:

Hopefully they can feed off of the carcass of Rangers :smuggy:

Edited by kirkwood69

The Old Tolbooth

Luigi: "Like most Rangers fans, I hope for a clean slate in Division 3. However, there seems to be an agenda that further punishment follows no matter what. Was this applied to Airdrie or Livi? No. Also where was sporting integrity when Aberdeen finished bottom of SPL but did not get relegated. Common sense should rule debate, not vindictive agendas. Too many small minded comments dominating debate and top brass have really made a drama out of a crisis."

They STILL don't get it. There's a difference between causing their own financial meltdown and it's knock-on effect, and downright cheating.

Where did Livi and Airdire do that?

Was the league only rearranged to save Aberdeen?

They absolutely don't get it at all ffs, Livingston didn't go into liquidation, but were dropped to Division 3 for a much lesser offence than Rangers committed, and Airdrieonians were booted out of the league and not allowed to return for being liquidated, they had to purchase Clydebank and relocate them to Airdrie to get back in! Huns are thick as shit!

Harry Palmer

5Live guessed it would be about 3pm before anyone knew what the decision was.

It'll likely be leaked before then or happen very suddenly and cause the internet to break. :thumbsup:

Edited by Arnold

Following this circus, poolside in turkey is quite entertaining ... Oops just spilled my drink ... Back soon

Following the same circus from Thailand and its equally entertaining!

Succulent lamb on the menu? :whistling:

I'd assume sometime mid-afternoon. The pre-vote threats & intimidation are just about done now so that just leaves the voting & the 'accidental' miscounting of ballots to do.

:lol:

colinmaroon

Let's not forget that this whole mess and any consequences lie fairly and squarely at the feet of one club and one club alone.

The damage being done to Scottish football is down to Rangers FC.

Whatever the outcome of any votes, Scottish football has been seriously damaged already and we'll bear the scars for a long, long time.

So, the hypocrites can rant and rave, wheel and deal as much as they like - Rangers are the only guilty part here.

Regan and Doncaster are there lackeys, if they weren't we would have resolved this a long time ago.

...a bit disco

Succulent lamb on the menu? :whistling:

Nah.

It's a you've been finger-ed buffet.

:down:

...a bit disco

46s alex_thomson_d_normal.jpgalex thomson ?@alextomo The leaked email from S Regan was sent to: Barrie Jackson; Jim Ballantyne; Rod Petrie; Alan McRae; Neil Doncaster; R Topping...

1m alex_thomson_d_normal.jpgalex thomson ?@alextomo Also to Rod (Harper Macleod) and A S Leigh

Edited by ...a bit disco

Harry Palmer

alex thomson ?@alextomo

The leaked email from S Regan was sent to: Barrie Jackson; Jim Ballantyne; Rod Petrie; Alan McRae; Neil Doncaster; R Topping...Also to Rod (Harper Macleod) and A S Leigh

Edited by Arnold

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Fantastic Telegraph article. Wonderful.

Gordon Smith "They shouldn't be in Div 3 because they've played in four European finals". :facepalm:

Archie "Aberdeen fans saying they won't be back if Rangers were in SPL. That's madness. What kind of people are these?". :facepalm:

That's right, Archie. They, like the rest of us, should just continue to spend thousands of pounds every year on a competition they can't win and just shut the cluck up about it, eh?

I hope the death of the Huns is also the death of voices like these.

Cannae wait for later. It's going to be a rush whatever happens! :lol:

colinmaroon

They absolutely don't get it at all ffs, Livingston didn't go into liquidation, but were dropped to Division 3 for a much lesser offence than Rangers committed, and Airdrieonians were booted out of the league and not allowed to return for being liquidated, they had to purchase Clydebank and relocate them to Airdrie to get back in! Huns are thick as shit!

Blinded by their insufferable arrogance!

alex thomson?@alextomo

The leaked email from S Regan was sent to: Barrie Jackson; Jim Ballantyne; Rod Petrie; Alan McRae; Neil Doncaster; R Topping...Also to Rod (Harper Macleod) and A S Leigh

:(

Sorry I thought you were kidding, then remembered it's der huns.

:sob:

I'll probably get a letterbomb just for calling them that. :(

Following this circus, poolside in turkey is quite entertaining ... Oops just spilled my drink ... Back soon

+++Puerto Banus calling+++

Someone nudge me when outcome settled.

+++message ends+++

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

One of the more incredible (kind of) revelations from this, but lost in the shitstorm, is the fact Gordon Smith was effectively in charge of the whole of football in Scotland. He's thick as mince and so biased it's almost funny.

jambogee1974

The only reason Doncaster, Longmuir etc are he'll bent in keeping the newco in div 1 is purely for money, SPL,SFL and SFA with no money equals no big wages for they trumpets.

Scottish football Should survive. But IMO the rules will be changed if today's vote is a no.

The Comedian

+++message ends+++

:muggy:

One of the more incredible (kind of) revelations from this, but lost in the shitstorm, is the fact Gordon Smith was effectively in charge of the whole of football in Scotland. He's thick as mince and so biased it's almost funny.

Did he not say on SSN that teams should be reduced to 5 a side if it's tied on 90mins, only for Paul Merson to say "No wonder you got sacked from your job."?

Well i've read loads of stuff in the press like everyone else, for and against the Newco in the SPL/SFL division whatever and i've come to the conclusion that this could be good for Scottish football in the long term. We've been talkin for years about league re-construction and the SFA didn't give a flying fork about football in this country as long as their beloved oldsquirm dominated, stuff everyone else. Now the SFL clubs get a voice and not before time. You'll still have the Edinburgh derbies, Celtic'll always get tv coverage no matter who they play, if Dundee get the nod to get into the SPL then there's potentially 3-4 full houses at their grounds, St Johnstone see themselves as a derby match against them, Utd will still have Aberdeen games, the North will have a derby of sorts with Ross County and Inverness, Motherwell will just go about their buisness as will Kilmarnock so all is not lost in the SPL. Rangers have (50% of the time anyway) been ruining Scottish Football since Graeme Souness arrived mid-eighties then Fergus McCann with Celtic early ninties. They've won trophies while others have had the disadvantage of actually paying taxes etc on time and building new stands and grounds to the detriment of their squads. Rangers should pay back Scottish football by starting off again in the third division, the money they will generate in the lower leagues on their way back up to the SPL will strengthen their budgets and improve their squads somewhat, making them more competitive in their own leagues. Add a 16-team SPL in the future then maybe, just maybe we'll have some quality players to make the step-up to International football. Clubs are too scared to take chances with younger players within their squads giving us far less choice of players for future world cups/euro championships etc etc. Some mid-table teams would benefit in not having relegation fears hanging over them. Lets hope the SFL do the right thing and vote for division 3. Maybe then, more folk will turn up at their own SPL home grounds in the knowledge they'll not be getting beat by Rangers and have more chance of picking up points against another team/teams no too dis-similar in quality to their own.

The Comedian

The only reason Doncaster, Longmuir etc are he'll bent in keeping the newco in div 1 is purely for money, SPL,SFL and SFA with no money equals no big wages for they trumpets.

Scottish football Should survive. But IMO the rules will be changed if today's vote is a no.

Part of me hopes they do because that's when the real carnage begins.

alex thomson ?@alextomo

Regan, Jackson, McRae, Petrie = SFA

Ballantyne = SFA/SFL

Doncaster, Topping = SPL

Well two clubs don't come out of that very well.

Did he not say on SSN that teams should be reduced to 5 a side if it's tied on 90mins, only for Paul Merson to say "No wonder you got sacked from your job."?

The sad thing about that is I dont think he even got sacked. Sure he left for "family Reasons"

How someone with such a close tie to one club can get appointed to that job and presume to me impartial its beyond me. Not only was he the wrong choice they failed to act on his poor performance.

I put forward Lockie for the position next time it comes up and if he becomes available. Sure he could manage to be impartial,

...a bit disco

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant To clarify today's vote: 30 SFL votes, 16 majority required for each resolution. In event of tie, chairman (Ewan Cameron, Alloa) decides.

:thumbsup:

alex thomson ?@alextomo Another curio from the Regan leaked email. Point "1. The Rangers FC will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect..

alex thomson ?@alextomo "...and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC." Odd since they cannot be relegated. And shows SFA have decided in advance of today's vote

:blink:

The sad thing about that is I dont think he even got sacked. Sure he left for "family Reasons"

How someone with such a close tie to one club can get appointed to that job and presume to me impartial its beyond me. Not only was he the wrong choice they failed to act on his poor performance.

I put forward Lockie for the position next time it comes up and if he becomes available. Sure he could manage to be impartial,

which he then carried on in his new role as DOF at RFC(near total liquidation) according to himself

Ballantyne = SFA/SFL

Doncaster, Topping = SPL

When was Petrie's "sporting Integrity" statement in relation to that email ??

I think it was after the email, if so he KNEW there was a dodgy plan B (and its details) when he spouted his holier than thou lines !!!!!

Edited by dmhearts

+++message ends+++

Is this where the comrades go to relax and plot revolution these days?

...a bit disco

Indeed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1267298/Gordon-Smith-stepping-SFA-chief-executive.html

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster added: 'I am flabbergasted. I would like to wish Gordon well for the future.'

Ballantyne = SFA/SFL

Doncaster, Topping = SPL

Rod the Tache stormed the Bastille in the "Great SPL Race for Integrity" and slagged off Rangers ideas about getting into the SPL.

But he was quite happy to be Reagan's gopher to carve up RFC RIPs entry into the SFL.

Who else is involved in this ?

What is the views of the Hobbits on this bombshell ? AND it IS a bombshell. Two faced doesn't even get close.

Rick Grimes

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant To clarify today's vote: 30 SFL votes, 16 majority required for each resolution. In event of tie, chairman (Ewan Cameron, Alloa) decides.

:thumbsup:

alex thomson ?@alextomo Another curio from the Regan leaked email. Point "1. The Rangers FC will be relegated to the 1st Division of the SFL with immediate effect..

alex thomson ?@alextomo "...and will be replaced in the SPL by Dundee FC." Odd since they cannot be relegated. And shows SFA have decided in advance of today's vote

:blink:

Bugger me.

The season isn't going to start for about 6 months, is it?

Hackney Hearts

How someone with such a close tie to one club can get appointed to that job and presume to me impartial its beyond me.

From Gordon Smith's Wikipedia entry:

Soon after being appointed SFA chief executive, he suggested in a book that there was "an agenda against Rangers", the team he formerly played for.

Bugger me.

The season isn't going to start for about 6 months, is it?

Changing the goalposts on what they've votng on 5 mins before the vote surely has to mean a postponement I'd have thought .

EDIT. Getting a bit confused - but my main concern is that voting them into Div 3 wasn't an explicit option I dont think

Edited by jamboally

...a bit disco

It would seem so.

Revolution ain't what it used to be.

Give my regards to the mayor Boris.

I hear Andalusia is lovely this time of year.

Indeed.

http://www.dailymail...-executive.html

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster added: 'I am flabbergasted. I would like to wish Gordon well for the future.'

Smithmustscore left his post at Ibrox at a VERY fortuitous time. Impeccable timing , one would have to say. Look at peripheral events. Very suspicious looking.

Imeantasong

1300:Gary Alderson: "Why don't Rangers say 'stuff Scotland we'll join the English league' and take the money with us?"

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Or does he mean "take the debt with us"?

When was Petrie's "sporting Integrity" statement in relation to that email ??

I think it was after the email, if so he KNEW there was a dodgy plan B (and its details) when he spouted his holier than thou lines !!!!!

Petrie's grand statement came on 14 May (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520), leaked email dated 23 June ...

Some turnaround Mr Petrie ...

:whistling:

I once spent a summer working in Puerto Ban?s, which is ahead of Slough, Easter Road and Govan as places to bomb.

If Boris is there on holiday, I demand that he be executed immediately.

Alex Miller came into the restaurant one evening and I had to stop myself singing "Miller must stay!"

Edited by Gorgiewave

1300:Gary Alderson: "Why don't Rangers say 'stuff Scotland we'll join the English league' and take the money with us?"

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I do wish they would though. It would save on all this rule changing that's going on :angry:

Petrie's grand statement came on 14 May (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520), leaked email dated 23 June ...

Some turnaround Mr Petrie ...

:whistling:

Lets face facts - if this scenario does pan out, I would think most of the clubs if not all were aware of what was afoot. Disgusting and dishonerable are just two words that come to mind to describe anyone involved in such hypocricy.

Edited by Deevers

...a bit disco

I once spent a summer working in Puerto Ban?s, which is ahead of Slough, Easter Road and Govan as places to bomb.

Don't do that!

That would make him a martyr.

We all know how revolutionaries feel about that.

God, he'd be insufferable!

1227:

Steve in Glasgow: "Annan Athletic chairman is wrong. Livingston were giving the opportunity to stay in div 1. They were offered to pay a bond but couldn't. As a result they couldn't guarantee fixtures would be fulfilled hence they were demoted to div 3. Same for Gretna! Somebody voting on Scottish football's future who represents about 400 fans and he hasn't even got his facts straight. God help us all!"

Saw this on BBC News latest on this fiasco:

Annan's 400 fans are some 150 more than Sevco at the moment!

Rick Grimes

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Ha. Saw that one too... they're more than welcome to **** off to the English leagues. In fact, I woish they would. They'll have to move to England to do so, so its a win/win really.

From BBC text-in thingy: Alan: "Sevco fans. If you want to be Rangers FC with the history, badge, colours and branding then pay ALL your bills and taxes, accept punishment for illegal registration of players, for not paying social taxes last season and for breaking Articles of Assoc by taking authorities to court. OR be Sevco, get a new name (not Rangers), enjoy being debt and punishment-free, then join the line with Spartans etc in the queue to join the SFL."

Pretty damn well summed up, I'd say.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic