******The Official Six Nations Thread ******

Harry Palmer

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I had my football hat on when i said it but that Dan parkes was shite , his replacement though cant remember the geezer tho looked quite capable .

Greig Laidlaw.

A running No. 10, injected much needed pace and creativity into our back line.

He needs to be starting.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

incident?

Under the table giving a shifty wristing to a South African stand off.

Just back from Murrayfield btw. That was fecking woeful.

First ever rugby game today, murrayfield is quite an impressive sight when full. Dan Parks is a waste of a shirt though, reliable for pens but the amount of wasted ball was unreal, we didn't really look threatening until he went off but every time we got into their 22 someone had a brain fart and the chance was gone. Was it a try in the 2nd half?

Barney Rubble

Greig Laidlaw.

A running No. 10, injected much needed pace and creativity into our back line.

He needs to be starting.

Yeah i was thinking that after he replaced Parkes that he was much more direct and quicker thats what gives me hope for the future , not that i know much about rugby but Denton and Laidlaw and couple of others were standouts for me .

I didn't think Laidlaw had his greatest game today when he came on but I'd like to see him control an international game from the start like he's been doing with Edinburgh this year. Preferably alongside Scott at centre with Lamont dropping to the bench. Hogg should have started full back today as well. Hopefully Robinson will realise that the public don't want to watch us trying to squeeze a win on penalties. For the first time in years the Pro side's are scoring tries through the backline so fu***** play them.

Dan Parks is a waste of a shirt though, reliable for pens but the amount of wasted ball was unreal, we didn't really look threatening until he went off but every time we got into their 22 someone had a brain fart and the chance was gone. Was it a try in the 2nd half?

I thought it was a try, that was after looking at the same replays the gimp looked at, but I'm not a ref... but there was still the penalty advantage which wasn't given after the try decision.

Good stuff ref.

Dan Parks can just feck off.

Just watched the highlights, Laidlaw's was never a try.

We should have had the penalty though, said it at the time.

Egg chasing is the one sport that I couldn't care less if we lose to England. Tiddlywinks would be a differnt matter.

Egg chasing is the one sport that I couldn't care less if we lose to England. Tiddlywinks would be a differnt matter.

This thread probably isn't the one for you then, Champ.

The clue was in the title.

Yet here you are commenting on something that you claim to have no interest or care less about.

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is going to be a very mediocre Six Nations from watching the highlights.

France are pish but will get a Grand Slam.

Really not a fan of rugby and haven't properly watched a match in about four years, but managed to see the entire 2nd half as it coincided with my break at work, and Jesus, was that painful to watch.

Don't think I'll watch much more, I've endured enough scars banging my head off a brick wall thanks to my various other sports teams without adding Scottish rugby into the mix.

Scotland are fecking brutal at rugby. They're seriously shite, the games are dull, the crowd was rubbish and the English werent much better.

What a waste of 80 minutes.

Waste of 80 minutes ? Waste of ?35 in my case :verymad:

Forwards getting in the way of the scrum half and the stand off/forwards picking up the ball and passing to the stand off when the scrum half is there/forwards picking up the ball and handing it to the scrum half.

Players standing flat and expecting the ball to be passed behind them, then dropping the ball when it's passed to them. If you're a dummy runner you should be running hard and always expect the ball.

"Chunk" Jacobsen - does a tremendous amount of work, and despite his appearance is very fit and mobile. But gives away so many penalties by killing the ball.

Going wide off 1st phase. Wales have shown how effective hitting a big, strong 12 running a flat angle can be. Scotland have Lamont and Morrison who can easily play this games. Suck in the defenders then go wide. Throwing it wide off first phase just gives the forwards miles to run, meaning backs have to win ball so we have very little pace for 2nd/3rd phase.

Waiting for 20/30secs with the ball at the back of a ruck.......just get it out! It just gives the defence time to get ready.

Support running. It's non-existent. Twice second rows, one of which (Hamilton) is slower than a week in the jail made good breaks and there wasn't a back in site. The number of times we're turned over or give away penalties because players are isolated is shocking. There is no inside runner tracking the ball during 2nd/3rd phase at all. At National 1 level we work non-stop on having supporting runners inside and outside the ball carrier, it's non-existent with Scotland. And then when we do break with players in support.......well.......

Jonathan Davies highlighted how stuck to set-plays Scotland are. We don't realise when the chance is on to play off-the-cuff. Parks has his uses at times, but he's not a ball playing 10. He doesn't realise when the space has been created elsewhere. 2 or 3 times we ran a set play when the space was somewhere else and didn't pick up on it.

Also, Ross Ford has been posted missing in internationals for a good 2-3 years. His lineouts were better yesterday, though they're geerally poor. For supposedly one of the strongest players he carries very little ball, and I thought gave away several penalties yesterday.

If Scotland can sort out these things, we might have a chance of avoiding the wooden spoon :lol:

jack D and coke

Really not a fan of rugby and haven't properly watched a match in about four years, but managed to see the entire 2nd half as it coincided with my break at work, and Jesus, was that painful to watch.

Don't think I'll watch much more, I've endured enough scars banging my head off a brick wall thanks to my various other sports teams without adding Scottish rugby into the mix.

That's how I felt. It's bad enough Hearts and Scotland football teams torturing me without this as well now lol. One of the most frustrating games of anything I think I've ever watched.

Barney Rubble

Here by the way if i ever got round to actually going to an international like yesterdays could i give my support like i do for the Jamtarts effing and blinding here and there and singing dubious songs about the english , or is it a watching your Ps and Qs whilst eating cucumber sandwiches type affair sitting beside folk with surnames as their first names .

Sergio Garcia

Dan Park has retired from International Rugby with immediate effect. Got to be honest I am happy with this decision.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

From BBC:

"Scotland stand-off Dan Parks retires from international rugby

Stand-off Dan Parks has announced his retirement from international rugby.

The Australian-born Cardiff Blues player made 67 appearances for Scotland and scored 266 points, including 17 drop-goals, a Scottish record.

He said: "I was thinking about it but the first game of the Six Nations was against England, the Auld Enemy, and being able to play was huge for me.

"On reflection, after talking it over with family, I've come to the decision that now is the right time to retire."

More to follow...

"

It's a shame Robinson picked him as it leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth. Don't like seeing anyone hounded out but it's the right decision. Time for Weir or Laidlaw to take the step up.

Hopefully Laidlaw starting Sunday, with Weir on the bench...for the first time in a long time we may have a glimmer of promise at the number 10 spot.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Would have been better if someone like a Laidlaw was picked in the starting XV, and have Parks on the bench to come on to steady the ship if we're in a winning position.

However, I can't say I'm disappointed at this revelation. :pleasing:

Dan Parks retires. What will the lynch mob have to do now that they have some free time on their hands? A lot of people need to take a long hard look at themselves with regard to their behaviour towards him.

Jumped before he was pushed I believe

Shame he didn't do it before Saturday

He isn't even Scottish

And what were your views on the players who were not born in Scotland, like Dan, who played in more successful Scotland teams - in particular, the title winning sides of 1990 and 1999?

And what were your views on the players who were not born in Scotland, like Dan, who played in more successful Scotland teams - in particular, the title winning sides of 1990 and 1999?

Exactly the same. Look at any posts about these English-born Scottish footballers & you'll see me post very similar!! Don't agree with it in the slightest

As for those sides, thanks for being the first person to point out we even won in those years

From BBC:

"Scotland stand-off Dan Parks retires from international rugby

Stand-off Dan Parks has announced his retirement from international rugby.

The Australian-born Cardiff Blues player made 67 appearances for Scotland and scored 266 points, including 17 drop-goals, a Scottish record.

He said: "I was thinking about it but the first game of the Six Nations was against England, the Auld Enemy, and being able to play was huge for me.

"On reflection, after talking it over with family, I've come to the decision that now is the right time to retire."

More to follow...

"

2442.gif

Dan Parks retires. What will the lynch mob have to do now that they have some free time on their hands? A lot of people need to take a long hard look at themselves with regard to their behaviour towards him.

I kind of agree with this. I didn't want him in the side and let's be honest he had a shocker. But then, that's Robinsons fault for picking him so he's got to carry some of the blame. There's also been times in the past where Parks has carried us so it's a shame it's ended like this.

Exactly the same. Look at any posts about these English-born Scottish footballers & you'll see me post very similar!! Don't agree with it in the slightest

As for those sides, thanks for being the first person to point out we even won in those years

So who would you have had playing in that Grand slam decider against England in 1990 instead of Sean Lineen, Damian Cronin and the captain himself, David Sole? And what about John Jeffrey (who played a role in the decisive try) who was born in Scotland but had represented England at University level before his call up for Scotland? Or even the coach of that year's team himself who also played for Scotland but was born elsewhere, Ian McGeechan?

Under your strength through purity criteria, there would only have been one team playing for a grand slam that day and it wouldn't have been us.

Hi folks.

1. What Dalton said about Dan Parks in post #171 - I thoroughly agree.

2. Should have been launched after the World Cup.

3. Murray won't be playing.. (W. Isles stuff.)

4. We won't win.

5. As much as like Robinson, consistent failure when it matters.

:thumbsup:

Italy v England 16.00

France v Ireland 20.00

France and England to win...

Is that snow?

Have Italy built a stadium just for rugby? :thumbsup:

Close stuff so far.

It the Stadio Olimpico....where Lazio and Roma play.

It is snow.

It the Stadio Olimpico....where Lazio and Roma play.

It is snow.

Cheers, looked different from their usual stadium. :thumbsup:

England go 6-0 up.

Archived