******The Official Six Nations Thread ******

Harry Palmer

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

******* referee again - misses their blatant offside and then gives then an advantage that lasts for a ******* week. *****.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This ref is a dick.

Funny, when I stumbled onto here a few hours ago there were people slating the English for moaning about that non try v Wales.

The term 'raspers' was used, if memory serves me right.

Saying that, Wayne Barnes is a bumder

High tackle - missed. Blatant offside - penalty advantage signalled - then changes it? We'd be winning this without his influence.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

There are positives to take from the game.

Although we still need to work on the basics - handling and picking the ball up.

Wayne Barnes is a ######.

The White Cockade

Too many mistakes but decent performance

Hogg and Denton look great prospects

Rennie man of the match again

Referee - how can he miss a high tackle right in front of him then give penalty advantage and then ignore it

The Mighty Thor

Wayne Barnes - the game is NOT about you.

Very much this.

Barnes has ruined many a good game with his 'interpretation' of the basics.

He's a fud.

The ref spoiled it...

Clearly gave a pen and therefore there would be advantage to Scotland when it was 17-20, a kickable penalty too.

Then gives a scrum to France for a knock on seconds later. :blink:

Bizarre stuff.

It's not the ref's fault that professional players can't do the basics I'm affraid.

Shot ourselves in the foot today - we converted chances but we missed Euan Murray in the front row big time.

It's not the ref's fault that professional players can't do the basics I'm affraid.

Shot ourselves in the foot today - we converted chances but we missed Euan Murray in the front row big time.

I know that but as everyone was having a rant at the ref I thought I'd join in! :thumbsup:

Sunday matches are a killer as Murray can't play.

Same old story for Scotland today.

Liking Hogg as a player.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Spot on.

Geoff Cross couldn't handle Jean-Baptiste Poux.

Laidlaw, Hogg and Jones look good.

Can't believe it's only Jones' second season in pro rugby!

Hogg being the stand out.

S.Lamont is probably the worst offender (it used to be De Luca who did ok today) for not being able to hold onto passes...

Silly mistakes today that professional players shouldn't be making, never mind International players.

And Rory Lamont picked up his usual injury playing for Scotland.

I seem to remember the French destroying the Scottish scrum last year.

With Murray in the pack.

True - but with the weight advantage we had today we just could have used a better and more experienced scrumager up top IMO.

FWIW I also think we need to get someone like Dickinson involved again to give Jacobsen some competition. He tries hard but he isn't mobile enough for the modern game.

Guest GhostHunter

Hogg and Jones look to be the future of the Scottish Backs - add in George Weir to stand off and move Laidlaw back to Scrum half and all we really need is one or two decent centres...

Cussiter, whilst he used to be my favourite player, has fallen behind in terms of performances, Blair is good, but I think the all round game of Greg Laidlaw is simply outstanding.

Ansbro still has to come back and later in the year Tim De Visser completes the process of becoming mysteriously scottish. So we might eventually have a back division the forwards deserve.

Hogg and Jones look to be the future of the Scottish Backs - add in George Weir to stand off and move Laidlaw back to Scrum half and all we really need is one or two decent centres...

Cussiter, whilst he used to be my favourite player, has fallen behind in terms of performances, Blair is good, but I think the all round game of Greg Laidlaw is simply outstanding.

Quite liked the Blair - Laidlaw swap combo that we had to begin with.

The ball was coming far too slow from Blair and Cusiter today.

Hard to say on Weir going on todays game - one thing I do know is that he doesn't appear to have a neck. Just shoulders, traps and then his head plonked on top.

I think we miss Ansbro at 13.

See big positive signs. Similar situation as England cricket under Fletcher and Hussain. Good young players and a more positive style of play breaking through.

Hogg looks like a potential superstar on that evidence.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. The Murrayfield 'experience' however is being ruined by the American 'footballisation'. What is the story with the gash pop songs played while a lineout gets setup for example?

And btw, Hogg should move to Super League

Hogg is only 19 and you want him to move to Rugby League!!

He is young and if he continues his progress I am sure he will get a big money move in Rugby Union to an English or French side.

Rugby League is a bit like American Football and Baseball. A minority sport, only important in small areas.

Just back from the game, was the ref as bad as he looked? He seemed terrible at the game, but you can't always tell from so far away.

Seemed to give France rakes of advantage for penalties. We had penalty advantage in the 2nd half, knocked the ball on at the next phase and he never took it back. Also looked like they were infringing at the rucks and getting away with it.

That said, our handling when needed let us down big time again. We also let them come through and disrupt at rucks so often. And the scrum was a fecking disaster in the 2nd half.

Thought we looked far better with ball in hand though. Blair is far better than Cusiter at the type of game we're trying to play, and Laidlaw looks better than Weir. Delighted for Hogg, gutted for Lamont but I think Evans is a better player anyway. Unfortunately I think Laidlaw and Jones only missed one tackle each in the game and they both costs us scores. The how clinical we need to be to win games.

And what's the story with Grant Stott 'performing' at half time :down:

:rudi:

I was at the Calcutta Cup match where he was also doing this. Horrific, cringeworthy stuff. And I agree with your comments about the snatches of music every time there's an interruption. Far from creating atmosphere, the increasing use of announcers and loud music is a substitute for it, and not a very good one.

Same applies to football at half-time, by the way. Just STFU and let people have a chat about the game.

Quite liked the Blair - Laidlaw swap combo that we had to begin with.

The ball was coming far too slow from Blair and Cusiter today.

Hard to say on Weir going on todays game - one thing I do know is that he doesn't appear to have a neck. Just shoulders, traps and then his head plonked on top.

I think we miss Ansbro at 13.

Couldn't agree more. When he and Evans come back we will have a back line to match the best.

• 2 weeks later...

referee is virtually handing you a penalty try... what do you do? kick for the posts and then give up a try from the restart. then you get a try and then give up another one from the next restart.

:vrface:

The Old Tolbooth

Scotland are funny. :)

I wish I could tell you to piss off for being a smug English tw@t, but you're 100% correct! :lol:

Frustrating is the word I would use though, we're not actually far away from being a very good side, we just don't seem to have the belief to get there, but I'm not a Robinson basher, I reckon he's done a decent job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scotland are funny. :)

They're actually not that far away. Properly competitive side, just lacking precision and sparkle

Archived