******The Official Six Nations Thread ******

Harry Palmer

David Strettle's post-match moan is priceless.

"I felt the ball touch the floor," said Strettle. "If it is inconclusive you have to go with the attacking team."

:Vlad-Stupid:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way a try could have been given.

Hearing Guscott and Inverdale hurting badly was extremely :pleasing:

I P Knightley

David Strettle's post-match moan is priceless.

I'm so pleased to wake up this morning to headlines of him greeting his eyes out. The only thing that could possibly have made it better is if it had been Ashton.

Hearing Guscott and Inverdale hurting badly

That's not a bad Sunday morning, altogether. If we had to listen to Brian Moore hurting, it would be a Grand Slam (although it would involve listening to Brian Moore).

Strettle "felt" it touch the ground. Didn't see it, mind. Just "felt" it - could have been touching anything - such as a Welshman or his own arm. The evidence he has to support his claim is that the England physio, on the touchline, whas jumping for joy about the "try".

I have to say, I thought they did very well to get so close to a try but all this bleating about the refs' decision sticks in the throat.

Great result and fully deserved for Wales yesterday - England look like they are getting better though and I think they should stick with Lancaster tbh. With the age of the England team playing they have the look of a team that can only get better. Farrell at number 10 looked outstanding IMO and I think he could be better than Wilkinson.

Scotland will have to put some effort in today to even compete with France - I am not really looking forward to it and it could be Robinson's last chance to keep his job after the tournament.

Not sure sacking him would be the right way to go now the Lions job is out of the picture - really think he should be allowed to develop the team beyond this tournament.

I wonder what Strettle would have been saying had that incident been at the other end of the field..........? :whistling::rolleyes:

The disallowed try didn't 'hand the Triple Crown' to Wales either - they were ahead in the match and better than England.

That try would have only made it 19-17, lest we forget, with THE CHANCE to level the match. You'd have thought it had cost England victory.

I predict a thumping today. It doesn't matter who we play out wide given he's selected Morrison and Lamont in the centres. I also expect the French back row to destroy Barclay at Blindside. Pretty disappointed with his selection here.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Probably will skip the first half of this game for the second half of the North London Derby.

I predict a thumping today. It doesn't matter who we play out wide given he's selected Morrison and Lamont in the centres. I also expect the French back row to destroy Barclay at Blindside. Pretty disappointed with his selection here.

The French back row will destroy full stop.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scotland to get roasted today.

Love coming on here every 6 nations weekend to read the anti-English seethe. Played well yesterday

The French really do have a tremendous anthem.

France to win by at least 15pts unfortunately. :(

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Fantastic open passage of play there from both sides.

Scotland are very positive with possession, which is great to see.

Yep we need someone to run with Blair, he is spotting some great gaps. That boy Denton has been absolutely tremendous again.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Phenomenal line from Wesley Fofana there.

Trinh-duc great play as well.

Deserved try for France.

Good performance and an enjoyable match too.

Dex, I hate him. Might have mentioned that before.

The White Cockade

Inverdale is an absolute roaster

Good stuff from Scotland but losing Blair and Lamont so early is a huge blow

The French obviously targeted Blair as a danger and a couple of late hits sorted the problem

We're playing surprisingly well. We're just a couple of decent centres and a stand off away from having a reasonable side. I still expect France to pick us off in the second half but there's certainly positives to take from the first half. Ross Rennie's a great player and Hogg and Jones both look quick at this level. If only Laidlaw could tackle :ermm:

Archived