Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a mistake it would be for McLaren to lose Hamilton... Button is not good enough to lead a top team

The fact that he's a World Champion would indicate otherwise.

Maldonado qualifies 2nd - he's going to cause mayhem :lol:

The fact that he's a World Champion would indicate otherwise.

Maldonado qualifies 2nd - he's going to cause mayhem :lol:

You remember how he won that championship aye?

won first 7 races in a car 2 seconds faster than everyone else because of DD then was slow as feck for the rest of the season when the competition got close In terms of performance , constantly whinged about the balance of the car..

in summary - he lucked it.. I like the guy but he's nowhere near the top 3.. an able no 2 driver

won first 7 races in a car 2 seconds faster than everyone else because of DD then was slow as feck for the rest of the season when the competition got close In terms of performance , constantly whinged about the balance of the car..

in summary - he lucked it.. I like the guy but he's nowhere near the top 3.. an able no 2 driver

Wow! You really are the ultimate Hamilton fanboy.

And of course Hamilton won his only championship because of other people making bad tyre choices and McLaren doing a good job of strategy in a wet race.

He may have 'lucked' it (still had to win those races, and he took advantage of being in a superior team), but he still has a title.

A better argument, I suppose, is that he beat Hamilton by 43 points last season.

Wow! You really are the ultimate Hamilton fanboy.

And of course Hamilton won his only championship because of other people making bad tyre choices and McLaren doing a good job of strategy in a wet race.

Actually ,McLaren fanboy, I'd be delighted to see vettel or Alonso in Hamilton's seat - but that won't happen - those 3 are in a class of their own everything I said about button is fact, nice guy ..solid but not spectacular.. he won't win another WDC.. every time the car isn't perfect he can't compete..

He may have 'lucked' it (still had to win those races, and he took advantage of being in a superior team), but he still has a title.

A better argument, I suppose, is that he beat Hamilton by 43 points last season.

I think we all know why he beat Hamilton last season - and it wasn't ability, that fragility is why lewis is no.3 of the top 3 Until he proves otherwise.

if it wad not for team errors early this season the championship would be n the bag.. if he wins tomorrow it's game on.

I think we all know why he beat Hamilton last season - and it wasn't ability, that fragility is why lewis is no.3 of the top 3 Until he proves otherwise.

if it wad not for team errors early this season the championship would be n the bag.. if he wins tomorrow it's game on.

I think you are underestimating Button, or at least not giving credit where credit is due for finishing 2nd last season. While he did finish a good way behind Vettel, he had some great performances, and his win in Canada will go down as one of the best.

I'm not trying to sell Hamilton short either. I totally admit that I don't really like him, but he is a fantastic driver, and unless he knows something about Mercedes I don't, he's be crazy to leave McLaren for them. His ability deserves a top team, and Mercedes don't produce often enough.

Unless Maldonado jumps the start and ploughs into the back of him (not outwith the realms of reality), I can see Hamilton winning tomorrow and turning up the heat on Alonso.

I think you are underestimating Button, or at least not giving credit where credit is due for finishing 2nd last season. While he did finish a good way behind Vettel, he had some great performances, and his win in Canada will go down as one of the best.

I'm not trying to sell Hamilton short either. I totally admit that I don't really like him, but he is a fantastic driver, and unless he knows something about Mercedes I don't, he's be crazy to leave McLaren for them. His ability deserves a top team, and Mercedes don't produce often enough.

Unless Maldonado jumps the start and ploughs into the back of him (not outwith the realms of reality), I can see Hamilton winning tomorrow and turning up the heat on Alonso.

I don't underestimate him mate, when everything is in place, when the car is perfect he's as good as anyone... But he is very sensitive to problems, unlike the other 3 he simply can't drive around problems, he's also great in changeable conditons.

Happy with him being at McLaren, but if they want to remain a top top team they they a top top driver... A focused Hamilton gives then what they need..

if he is to go I'd like to see Kimi back.. he has unfinished business

Just caught up with the race now.

It was looking good for Hamilton before his gearbox failure, but Vettel did a great job to get the win.

A few tasty incidents (Massa did a stunning job of passing Senna), and a great result for Paul Di Resta. Hopefully a podium isn't too far away.

24 points.

Completely missed the deadline for my predictions :verymad:

It automatically uses the same ones as your previous race if that helps...

24 points for me.

It automatically uses the same ones as your previous race if that helps...

24 points for me.

Yeah I know. But my Spa prediction would be very different to what I would predict for a street circuit.

Circuit of the Americas in Texas is given the green light for hosting the US Grand Prix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19730654

Looking at the pictures here: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/media-center/photos/ looks like a pretty damn steep hill up to the first corner. Reminds me a bit of Spa.

Supposedly when they designed circuit they tried to take the best aspects from all the other circuits.. should be good

Austin is a cracking circuit if you go by the F1 game. A bit of Suzuka, bit of Turkey, Silverstone etc...

Would be amazing to drive the real thing!

That is an amazing score, well done, but, did u have inside information about Hamilton's gearbox? :angry:

No being funny like as I'm in a thoroughly mediocre position but it's been the same all season, massive points through lucky random selections based on little logic.. the McLaren is in a league of its own at the mo so how anyone would not them to win is mental

No being funny like as I'm in a thoroughly mediocre position but it's been the same all season, massive points through lucky random selections based on little logic.. the McLaren is in a league of its own at the mo so how anyone would not them to win is mental

vettel was fastest in all 3 practice sessions

vettel was fastest in all 3 practice sessions

Yeah, but all the analysis said Hamilton holding back and long run pace was well in front of rbr...

Yeah, but all the analysis said Hamilton holding back and long run pace was well in front of rbr...

Agreed.

Hamilton was easily faster when he wanted to be (as was evidenced in Qualifying). Shame about the gearbox really.

Night race in Bangkok in 2014 apparently on the cards

My link

Instead of night races in the far east why not have more in Europe?

Its where the hardcore fans are. :thumbsup:

:wonga:

unfortunately, I think more European races will disappear too.

night races in the far east are done for the european market so that the races are on during early afternoon.

:wonga:

unfortunately, I think more European races will disappear too.

You're probably right. Sadly.

night races in the far east are done for the european market so that the races are on during early afternoon.

Yes but racing in front a empty grandstands doesn't look good.

Good move for Perez...not so sure about Hamilton. Think he's taking a massive gamble.

I think so too! I think it's his ego that's pushed him to Mercedes! No doubting his abilities but he wants to be No 1 driver like Alonso at Ferrari which McLaren won't offer. So he has went to a team who will give him that. Although that team are a bit away from challenging for the title!

In football terms it's like Tevez or Auguero going from Man City to Everton. A potential big team where they will be the biggest fish.

Strange one for Hamilton, I just can't see Mercedes challenging the top 3! It's a great move for Perez. What does this mean for Di Resta? I thought he came through the ranks at Mercedes? Now makes me think that Ferrari will keep Massa next season now Perez is away to Mclaren.

Strange one for Hamilton, I just can't see Mercedes challenging the top 3! It's a great move for Perez. What does this mean for Di Resta? I thought he came through the ranks at Mercedes? Now makes me think that Ferrari will keep Massa next season now Perez is away to Mclaren.

Maldanado to Ferrari?

What about Schumacher :whistling:

Unless of course Ferrari are happy for Massa to take the car for a leisurely drive every second Sunday.

Maldanado to Ferrari?

What about Schumacher :whistling:

Unless of course Ferrari are happy for Massa to take the car for a leisurely drive every second Sunday.

Sauber said they would offer Schumacher a drive.

Maldanado? really? Can't see that myself, but he has raw speed just likes to crash. lol

Massa drove for Sauber before so that's not out the realms of possibilities.

I still think Ferrari will keep him on actually, although if Kubica was still kicking about I think he'd be out the door but his injury's arsed that plan up.

I don't think there will really be that many movements outwith the usual HRT/Marussia/Caterham reshuffles.

I can see Senna being dropped from Williams for next season. I think Force India will be the same line up. Massa at Sauber could be a good shout if he does leave Ferrari.

I can see Senna being dropped from Williams for next season. I think Force India will be the same line up. Massa at Sauber could be a good shout if he does leave Ferrari.

That's a fair shout actually, sure I heard the test driver at Williams is most likely to be promoted to replace him.

Feel a bit sorry for Senna, never seems to get any luck and seems to struggle when under pressure.

Sure I heard Alguersuari's joining Caterham to replace Petrov as well.

That's a ballsy move by Hamilton - time will tell in seeing if it was the correct one.

Mercedes will need to vastly increase their ambition. They have the potential to be great, as Rosberg's win in Malaysia showed, but how often do you see them not even attempting a lap in Q3, settling for 9th and 10th? Maybe Mercedes have promised Hamilton that they'll improve (and pay him a shitload of money), and he is buddies with Nico from their Cart days.

The knock on effect could be major - Perez should do a great job at McLaren, assuming he isn't flash in the pan at a smaller team (e.g. Heinz-Harald Frentzen).

That's a fair shout actually, sure I heard the test driver at Williams is most likely to be promoted to replace him.

Feel a bit sorry for Senna, never seems to get any luck and seems to struggle when under pressure.

Sure I heard Alguersuari's joining Caterham to replace Petrov as well.

I heard that Sauber may offer Alguersuari a seat. I feel sorry for Senna to, he has bad luck and really can't cope with the pressure.

Heard the same talk about the test driver.

Mercedes will need to vastly increase their ambition. They have the potential to be great, as Rosberg's win in Malaysia showed, but how often do you see them not even attempting a lap in Q3, settling for 9th and 10th? Maybe Mercedes have promised Hamilton that they'll improve (and pay him a shitload of money), and he is buddies with Nico from their Cart days.

The knock on effect could be major - Perez should do a great job at McLaren, assuming he isn't flash in the pan at a smaller team (e.g. Heinz-Harald Frentzen).

Very ballsy, maybe even stupid! Mercedes have a lot to do to challenge at the front, even with Brawn their and the money they have I just can't see them doing it.

From Hamilton's perspective it's a ballsy move, a brave one given mercs lack of form, think they may have a car in 14 but probably not competitive next year. from a McLaren perspective I don't think it's good, jenson is not quick enough and Perez is not ready to be wdc, would have preferred Kimi or Kimi + Perez..

Archived