Chaka Demus & pliers

grosjean out, alternator failed

He seemed to be a wee bit annoyed! Understandably of course

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

My Alonso, Grosjean 1-2 down the tubes :sob:

Would quite like Kimi to takeover Hamilton now.

Bert Le Clos

To be fair, there are few successful drivers out there who DON'T get frustrated when they have a bad race. I wouldn't say there's an overwhelming amount of arrogance on Vettel - not enough to make me hate him anyway, but that's just me.

Sorry, not for me. Both Vettel and Hamilton are horrific for arrogance. Button and Webber have both shown that you can be successful and humble at the same time.

rossthejambo

Sorry, not for me. Both Vettel and Hamilton are horrific for arrogance. Button and Webber have both shown that you can be successful and humble at the same time.

Im with you, I liked Vettel but his finger gesture and his general moodiness does my pan in. Always enjoy him making a bottom of it. I don't want to start on Hamilton because im not sure if i'd be able to stop :lol:

Button is usually not too bad, although he had a petulant rant about the Caterham's when he was struggling for the majority of a race behind Heikki earlier this season.

I do like Webber (And Button), but he has had a fair few grumbles in the past. He had a major outburst against Vettel when he was at Toro Rosso on live TV for '******* up' his race, as well as his jibes at Red Bull for apparently being overlooked ('not bad for a number 2 driver').

My point being, everyone has their gripes.

Hamilton's lost it!

Bert Le Clos

:pleasing: Hamilton dropping through the pack.

:yas:

The little dick.

Alonso looking like this under his helmet :verysmug:

Some great driving from Schumacher.

He might even finish on the podium :arry:

FTFM :jjyay:

What a 2nd half to the race!!

rossthejambo

Maldonado :facepalm:

Definitely to blame, but Hamilton's stupid to just turn in when he must have known Maldonado was there.

Back to back winners on the predictor :verysmug:

Maldonado :facepalm:

He would have taken Hamilton before the finish.

Agreed - I think he just got agitated by being pushed off the track and lost his composure.

Bert Le Clos

Button is usually not too bad, although he had a petulant rant about the Caterham's when he was struggling for the majority of a race behind Heikki earlier this season.

I do like Webber (And Button), but he has had a fair few grumbles in the past. He had a major outburst against Vettel when he was at Toro Rosso on live TV for '******* up' his race, as well as his jibes at Red Bull for apparently being overlooked ('not bad for a number 2 driver').

My point being, everyone has their gripes.

Hamilton's lost it!

Yeah you're right, they all love a hissy fit at some point. However, I'm pretty sure Webber was justified in his rant at Vettel during the Torro Rosso days, and no one can deny that Vettel was always number one in Red Bull's eyes. Remember they only brought one new set-up for the front of a car to a race last year and gave it to Vettel.

Hamilton and Vettel both suffer from having been the golden boys of their respective teams for years, primed to be the poster boy from a very young age, and simply cannot handle when things don't go their way. Maybe it's because they don't **** it up very often, but when do they admit to their faults being their downfall? Both have crashed into their own teammates recently, both clearly at fault, and both ridiculously tried to point the finger at Webber and Button who were in my opinion completely blameless. Neither has their team's interests at heart at all.

scottishguy

Definitely to blame, but Hamilton's stupid to just turn in when he must have known Maldonado was there.

Back to back winners on the predictor :verysmug:

Wouldnt say Hamilton was stupid to turn in, when thats the way the corner turns, would say it was more stupid that Madonado didnt turn in, he went straight on and into the side of Hamilton.

That was an excellent race. :thumbsup:

All the cars fighting for lap after lap was outstanding.

Maldonado is an idiot. He'd have got past Hamilton anyway.

I think he'll lose his 10th place.

And a big well done to di Resta. 7th and 1 stopping. Superb. :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

Wouldnt say Hamilton was stupid to turn in, when thats the way the corner turns, would say it was more stupid that Madonado didnt turn in, he went straight on and into the side of Hamilton.

If Maldonado's got the line into the corner, he can do whatever he wants. It's up to Hamilton to pull out. Maldonado has got previous for making contact, but Hamilton is horrendous for turning in on people when they've got the line into the corner.

As I've said, he's arrogant enough to think that even though the guy behind is faster and has the lump on him, he believes that if he just turns in the guy will back down. Good on Maldonado for not buckling, Hamilton deserves a grid place penalty in the next race for that. Did it against Massa I think at Monaco last year? And I'm sure I've seen him do it on other occasions.

Edit: Actually having seen it again, I'm being harsh on Hamilton. I'd say both were equally at fault. Maldonado could have pulled out but Hamilton also didn't need to turn in.

Yeah you're right, they all love a hissy fit at some point. However, I'm pretty sure Webber was justified in his rant at Vettel during the Torro Rosso days, and no one can deny that Vettel was always number one in Red Bull's eyes. Remember they only brought one new set-up for the front of a car to a race last year and gave it to Vettel.

Hamilton and Vettel both suffer from having been the golden boys of their respective teams for years, primed to be the poster boy from a very young age, and simply cannot handle when things don't go their way. Maybe it's because they don't **** it up very often, but when do they admit to their faults being their downfall? Both have crashed into their own teammates recently, both clearly at fault, and both ridiculously tried to point the finger at Webber and Button who were in my opinion completely blameless. Neither has their team's interests at heart at all.

That's fair. I still feel sorry for Vettel today, as he was cruising, and circustances out of his control have cost him.

The second paragraph has been true in many cases before. An obvious example is Michael Schumacher in the Ferrari glory years (2000-2004). While Ferrari had the best car hands-down, and MS was the best driver out there, he and Ross Brawn often manipulated and exploited Rubens Barichello to further massage Schumi's ego. Look no further than the 2002 Austrian GP for that one.

Back to today, you can see how much this one means to Fernando.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If Maldonado's got the line into the corner, he can do whatever he wants. It's up to Hamilton to pull out. Maldonado has got previous for making contact, but Hamilton is horrendous for turning in on people when they've got the line into the corner.

As I've said, he's arrogant enough to think that even though the guy behind is faster and has the lump on him, he believes that if he just turns in the guy will back down. Good on Maldonado for not buckling, Hamilton deserves a grid place penalty in the next race for that. Did it against Massa I think at Monaco last year? And I'm sure I've seen him do it on other occasions.

I think Maldonado had all 4 wheels of the track so wasn't first into the turn and he should have let Hamilton through. He then would have took him shortly after.

Bert Le Clos

I think Maldonado had all 4 wheels of the track so wasn't first into the turn and he should have let Hamilton through. He then would have took him shortly after.

Yeah agreed, see my edit.

Completely wrong. Maldonardo was off the track, if you go off the track you are not allowed to gain a place. Maldo must receive a penalty.

Still incorrect - Hamilton is NOT at fault, Maldo was off the track.

After being pushed off the track. Both drivers had a certain bit of blame so therefore a racing incident. I don't understand why every incident nowadays seems to need a scapegoat.

At the halfway point I had all of the top 4 correct in the correct order, as well as 6th and 8th.

Why god, why!?!?!?

Quite an entertaining race today. Haven't watched much recently but glad I saw it. Re Hamilton I thought he should have just let Maldonado passed. If it hadn't happened there it would have just been somewhere else.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Quite an entertaining race today. Haven't watched much recently but glad I saw it. Re Hamilton I thought he should have just let Maldonado passed. If it hadn't happened there it would have just been somewhere else.

Best race of what has been a really good season so far imo

Couldnt help but laugh at Hamilton at the end!

Aye, I found it quite amusing. His interview on the Forum was rubbish. I was hoping for him to have a go at Maldonado, but no such luck.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Aye, I found it quite amusing. His interview on the Forum was rubbish. I was hoping for him to have a go at Maldonado, but no such luck.

He'd be a bit of a hypocrite the number of times he has done similar

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

When did Hamilton run in to anyone after he had been off the track?

kingantti1874

This, Hamilton was on the track on the raving line, Maldonado off track and speared into side of him. 100% maldonados fault .. amateur stuff

scottishguy

Is that the first home race winner since Massa won at the 2008 Brazilian GP?

Techincally no its not, as this was the European Grand Prix and not the Spannish Grand Prix.

Something that will annoy a few people :whistling:

Techincally no its not, as this was the European Grand Prix and not the Spannish Grand Prix.

Something that will annoy a few people :whistling:

Ok, I guess that means that as Vettel won it last year and the year before, he is European, so it's a home win for him in both these races? :whistling:

scottishguy

Ok, I guess that means that as Vettel won it last year and the year before, he is European, so it's a home win for him in both these races? :whistling:

Thats why I said it will annoy a few people :thumbsup:

maldonado given 20 seconds time penalty for the crash with hamilton. dropping him from 10th to 12th meaning senna gets a point

maldonado given 20 seconds time penalty for the crash with hamilton. dropping him from 10th to 12th meaning senna gets a point

What a joke, He should be given at least a 10 place grid drop.

Archived