Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Been a fairly boring race. Hopefully be some excitement at the end as the tyres near the end of their life.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Been a fairly boring race. Hopefully be some excitement at the end as the tyres near the end of their life.

Always the way with Monaco, no real places to overtake without risking crashing out. Need a quick down pour to shake things up a bit.

It has been pretty lifeless, but this could be a very interesting last few laps - not much between the top 6.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Always the way with Monaco, no real places to overtake without risking crashing out. Need a quick down pour to shake things up a bit.

Looks like it is hotting up a bit.

Prince Buaben

6 different winners of the first 6 races.:thumbsup:

get absolutley **** all for the predictor though

rossthejambo

Great drive from Webber there, got a lot of time for him tbh.

6 different winners in the first 6 races, with Hamilton still to bag a win I wouldn't be surprised if it was 7 from 7 in Canada.

6 winners from 6 is incredible.

It's testiment to how good a driver Fernando Alonso is that he's top of the championship with a weak Ferrari. The car has looked decent this weekend though, with Massa showing signs of improvement.

rossthejambo

6 winners from 6 is incredible.

It's testiment to how good a driver Fernando Alonso is that he's top of the championship with a weak Ferrari. The car has looked decent this weekend though, with Massa showing signs of improvement.

For that very reason I fancy Alonso to win the title this year.

Button isn't taking his battle with Kovalainen with good grace - no point complaining about how slow a car is when you've struggled to get past him for 50-odd laps. That's not like Button at all, both to struggle in a race and to show sour grapes.

rossthejambo

15 points - 13% accuracy :vrface:

It's a good job I got a clean sweep on the first grand prix or else I'd be at the bottom of the league.

Rudi Skacel

got 40 bonus points for not having Maldonado in my top 10 for this race, in total 48 points :)

57 points this week (includes 40 bonus for knowing that last GP winner would screw it up this time. (well the 10 place penalty gave it away).

But, what about Oversized go carts, up 14 places - how many points was that?

scottishguy

Can we get 7 races with 7 different winners!

C'mon Hamilton, a win would make the drivers table look so good.

Looking like its gonna be a very close season.

scottishguy

Come on Hamilton, you can win this. Hod it n dod it will be struggling with grip with 7 laps to go!

scottishguy

Well done Hamilton and McLaren for getting the tactics right atlast. fantastic result. well done lotus for second and sauberfor third. great result for all.

Well done.

rossthejambo

Great drive from Webber there, got a lot of time for him tbh.

6 different winners in the first 6 races, with Hamilton still to bag a win I wouldn't be surprised if it was 7 from 7 in Canada.

:verysmug:

rossthejambo

First correct prediction since Australia, about time too. The rest of you were catching me up :lol:

With not having Sky due to living in a Listed building and the fact that Telewest ran out of money by the time they came to put down the cables in Bath, I was left to watch the BBC highlights, which imo were total garbage - and Montreal is a race I used to enjoy :down: You could forsee how bad the BBC coverage was going to be when Jake Humphrey is in Poland covering the Euros.

On a lighter note I am delighted for Hamilton and we now have 7 different winners from 7 races :thumbsup: So what are the chances of an 8th in 2 weeks time?

Now my pc is almost repaired will need to update my streampro account for the Sky coverage.

24 points.

I would have got all of the first three if Red Bull and Ferrari hadn't made an arse of their tyre strategy.

39 points and still sitting top :smuggy:

I've decided there must be something wrong with your brain.

This is the strangest season I can remember and I've been watching F! since the late 70's.

rossthejambo

I've decided there must be something wrong with your brain.

This is the strangest season I can remember and I've been watching F! since the late 70's.

:lol:

I'm living off getting the Australian GP pretty much spot on, first 4 positions spot on and pole position as well, got hefty bonus points for that.

I think this is the first week since then that I've got over 20 points.

With not having Sky due to living in a Listed building and the fact that Telewest ran out of money by the time they came to put down the cables in Bath, I was left to watch the BBC highlights, which imo were total garbage - and Montreal is a race I used to enjoy :down: You could forsee how bad the BBC coverage was going to be when Jake Humphrey is in Poland covering the Euros.

On a lighter note I am delighted for Hamilton and we now have 7 different winners from 7 races :thumbsup: So what are the chances of an 8th in 2 weeks time?

Now my pc is almost repaired will need to update my streampro account for the Sky coverage.

Aye, it's the first sky-exclusive race since I moved flat, so I had to wait for the highlights as well. It wasn't the best coverage, and it didn't look like there were many highlights to pick from the race.

However, it is a really exciting season for the sheer unpredictability of it. Another couple of surprises on the podium, and Lotus continue to be a threat despite average-to-poor qualifying speed.

The only thing that seems predictable is that Schumacher ends up DNF.

Sheiky Baby

I've come to the conclusion that because this season is mental the league table should be tilted the wrong way to show the true winners.

:sob:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Vettel sold them all a dummy in practice, interesting in practice 3 at the end he did 2 purple sectors the came in. Will all balance on the medium tyres for the race, could be a similar end to Canada if someone tries a one stop.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Looks like Vettel sold them all a dummy in practice, interesting in practice 3 at the end he did 2 purple sectors the came in. Will all balance on the medium tyres for the race, could be a similar end to Canada if someone tries a one stop.

I put him on Pole based on that final in lap.

:verysmug:

Archived