Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent to see Di Resta picking up points again and showing that he is a great driver. Clearly one of the bigger teams will be after him if he keeps this up, maybe even Sauber ;)

He's doing OK but the other teams will also have been keeping tabs on drivers like Perez and Maldonado who have been doing well in staking claims for a step up.

Pretty blatant - do not overtake Ferrari order to Perez!!! Dodgy..

THIS!

Please do not overtake our engine suppliers!

Plus Perez miraculously goes off one of the dry corners! Miraculously it was one with a nice big bit of tarmac to run off in to. Thus keeping him in the race, with Alonso too far ahead to pass.

The same Perez who is replacing Massa at Ferrari!!!

rossthejambo

From 129 points...to 17 :sob:

Was an exciting race though, bit gutted Perez didn't win but them's the breaks. Not really into the whole conspiracy theory nonsense tbh.

Prince Buaben

Excellent to see Di Resta picking up points again and showing that he is a great driver. Clearly one of the bigger teams will be after him if he keeps this up, maybe even Sauber ;)

Di Resta is a McLaren/Mercedes protegee so i reckon McLaren or Mercedes would be his next step.

rossthejambo

Di Resta is a McLaren/Mercedes protegee so i reckon McLaren or Mercedes would be his next step.

Pretty sure he'll be replacing Rosberg if he doesn't get his act together.

Pretty sure he'll be replacing Rosberg if he doesn't get his act together.

He'll be in a Mercedes soon. Probably next year but most likely in place of Schumi.

Rosberg needs to get his finger out though.

I'm up 4 places to 8th though. :thumbsup:

RANK TEAM NAME MANAGER POINTS

1 RTJ Racing 146

2 Hamiltons Yellow Helmet 102

3 Andys Reliant Robin 98

4 Zoomers 94

5 Mcmoose f1 86

6 Hughes Vroooooom 83

7 GP Milky Lada 82

8 Slugs 80

9 Team Gavsy 80

10 Moist For Volvo's 79

11 Team SINCLAIR 76

12 Seldon F1 74

13 Team Disco Racing 71

14 Scuderia Tazio 70

15 F1SilverDog 69

16 Quick Brown Foxes 64

17 McHambut 64

18 Go Faster Snails 61

19 Clark Stewart Racing 60

20 Elvis Legend's 55

21 Flying Squirrels! 48

22 Oversized Go Karts 46

23 My Left Nut Racing 41

- VaVa Vrooom 0

i'm up to 7th

Kimi was fastest lap, by a surprising margin, maybe that Lotus is better than we think, we know it has a good engine.

Prince Buaben

He'll be in a Mercedes soon. Probably next year but most likely in place of Schumi.

Rosberg needs to get his finger out though.

I'm up 4 places to 8th though. :thumbsup:

Hasnt Schumi got a contract at Mercedes for 2013?

Hasnt Schumi got a contract at Mercedes for 2013?

Not sure but every chance.

Contracts are easy to manipulate. Will Schumi want to continue?

rossthejambo

Not sure but every chance.

Contracts are easy to manipulate. Will Schumi want to continue?

I think Schumacher brings more to Mercedes than just his racing, and he does not bad at that, think he's out raced and out qualified Rosberg more often than not.

I think Schumacher brings more to Mercedes than just his racing, and he does not bad at that, think he's out raced and out qualified Rosberg more often than not.

Yeah I agree but he is getting old. Couple that with a car that won't win the championship and maybe not even races then he could retire again.

I think a Merc will win this season and most likely him though. :thumbsup:

Prince Buaben

Sebastian Vettel is a cry baby, says Narain Karthikeyan

Narain Karthikeyan has described world champion Sebastian Vettel as a "cry baby" for criticising the Indian driver after the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Vettel called Karthikeyan an "idiot" after they collided as the Red Bull man was lapping Karthikeyan's HRT. The incident cost Vettel fourth place.

Speaking to the Hindustan Times, the 35-year-old Karthikeyan described Vettel as "unprofessional".

He added: "For a world champion to say things like that is really shameful."

Vettel ended up finishing 11th in Malaysia after dropping down the field with damage caused in the collision with Karthikeyan.

The result leaves the man, who has won the title for the last two years, sixth in the championship, 17 points adrift of the leader, Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

In German, Vettel used the word "gurken" - cucumber - to describe Karthikeyan's driving - a common insult used about bad drivers on the road.

Karthikeyan said: "It is really unprofessional. For a driver who has achieved so much to take out his frustrations on me just because he is having a difficult year is really sad.

"One does not expect a professional sportsman to be such a cry baby."

Sebastian Vettel is a cry baby, says Narain Karthikeyan

I hadnt realised that Karthikeyan got a 20 second penalty after the race for causing a collision. Seems harsh.

And apparently the literal translation of what Vettel called him was a "cucumber".

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions done :thumbsup:

Done mine the other day. Was going to bump this to remind everybody. :thumbsup:

Vettel out in Q2 :omg!:

He could still make the top 10, depending on where Hamilton qualifies, as he will get a 5 place grid penalty.

Could we finally see a Mercedes on pole?

Rosberg takes it :thumbsup:

With Hamiton's grid penalty (he was 2nd), we have a top 4 of Rosberg, Schumacher, Kobayashi and Kimi. :interesting:

Hopefully Mercedes can carry on their qualifying performances on race day.

kingantti1874

Wow - great stuff... Again delighted to see vettel taking a beating from the field and his team mate... The Merce will go back in the race I think we could... So much better when the cars are close

Some lap by Rosberg.

Good to see di Resta outqualify his team mate again. :thumbsup:

Having to record the race tomorrow as we leave at 8:15. Hope no-one spoils it.

the problem the mercs have are is tyre degredation i think it is higher than most teams which will hamper them

If Rosberg was to win I think that would only be the second time a father and a son have both won Grand Prix.

gilles and jaques villenueve did it so did graham and damon hill

gilles and jaques villenueve did it so did graham and damon hill

So the third time.

Can't believe I forgot Giles Villeneuve, One of my first heroes in motorsport.

If Rosberg or Schumi get a good start and the rest of the grid stays roughly in order they have a good chance as the faster teams need to get past Raikkonen and Kobayashi to catch them. Not an easy task at the best of times. I also think Mercedes tactic will be if Rosberg gets away first then Schumacher will develop a very wide car.

I think there will be an accident at the 1st corner.

I'm going to miss this because of the stupid ko in Glasgow. :down:

Huge start by Button to skip past the 2nd row cars. Mercedes cars starting well enough, but this may well be Jenson's race.

Vettel drops to 15th!

You could see one of the pit crew raging when Schumi left - poor from Mercedes on race day again. Shame fir Schumi - it could have been his day.

Now that was a good race

best race for ages

Fantastic, one of these one's where you can't even go and put the kettle on incase you missed something.

scottishguy

Fantastic, one of these one's where you can't even go and put the kettle on incase you missed something.

Christ, how long does your kettle take to boil!

You got to be taking the utter utter pish, that race was so dreadfull until about 12 laps to go!

What happened that had any interest or excitement before that!

I know the teams had their tactics and plans for the race, but to say that was a good race! you must **** over the thought of dust!!!

Cant beleive Eddie the leprichaun nearly orgasmed afterwards, dreadful dreadful presenter, who really should be put down.

Inspector Rex

All three races so far have been top notch. The great thing is that we've had three races, three different winners - and none of them are leading the championship, Hamilton is. It's gonna be a hell of a season. :thumbsup:

Sheiky Baby

Christ, how long does your kettle take to boil!

You got to be taking the utter utter pish, that race was so dreadfull until about 12 laps to go!

What happened that had any interest or excitement before that!

I know the teams had their tactics and plans for the race, but to say that was a good race! you must **** over the thought of dust!!!

Cant beleive Eddie the leprichaun nearly orgasmed afterwards, dreadful dreadful presenter, who really should be put down.

:cornette::wow::omfg:

Archived