Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudi Skacel

Upto 4th

Prob would done better had I not stupidly went for Webber to win

Think Hamilton and Button finishing very poorly caused it to be a low scoring week

kingantti1874

I have to be honest, agree with Schumacher .. it seems to be luck as to whether teams are hitting the sweetspot with tyres hence the random results... drivers are plodding round trying to.make them last... it seems worse than last year - maybe we ate just noticing because rbr dominance is fi.wished... don't like it

I have to be honest, agree with Schumacher .. it seems to be luck as to whether teams are hitting the sweetspot with tyres hence the random results... drivers are plodding round trying to.make them last... it seems worse than last year - maybe we ate just noticing because rbr dominance is fi.wished... don't like it

There is a lot more to it than luck, if that was the case the bottom teams would be more in the mix. Would Shumi say that if he had the points of Nico?

kingantti1874

There is a lot more to it than luck, if that was the case the bottom teams would be more in the mix. Would Shumi say that if he had the points of Nico?

Not really... the point is, teams aren't being rewarded for creating cars with the more efficient downforce, or higher top speeds... McLaren lost over a second a lap in race pace because the tenp dropped by 10 degrees after they set up, merc.on won in China because it was cold... clearly there is a massive difference between the cars at the front and the back ad you say but you will see mac, merc, rbr and lotus fighting for wins and places based on random events... it's artificial... the tyres are having far to big an influence...

rossthejambo

Not really... the point is, teams aren't being rewarded for creating cars with the more efficient downforce, or higher top speeds... McLaren lost over a second a lap in race pace because the tenp dropped by 10 degrees after they set up, merc.on won in China because it was cold... clearly there is a massive difference between the cars at the front and the back ad you say but you will see mac, merc, rbr and lotus fighting for wins and places based on random events... it's artificial... the tyres are having far to big an influence...

They've all got the same tyres though, it's surely the teams job when setting up the car for that particular race weekend to account for track temperature and how that will affect the tyres.

I think Schumi's looking for excuses to deflect from his, and his team's, average start to the season.

They've all got the same tyres though, it's surely the teams job when setting up the car for that particular race weekend to account for track temperature and how that will affect the tyres.

I think Schumi's looking for excuses to deflect from his, and his team's, average start to the season.

I tend to go with Ross. I don;t see how the weather or temperature can be described as artificial, they are truly natural, as is rain. It's all part of the teams work to have the flexibility to deal with whatever environmental conditions occur. IMO the most artificial effect on any race is the safety car, while it is essential it ruins races and does introduce a pure luck element. The "tyre influence" is the same for every team, just as the weather is. The differences come from the Engineers.

kingantti1874

I think the problem is the tyres are unpredictable.. the teams do not know how they are going to behave... That's not right... And small changes in temp or condition shouldn't ruin a race weekend for any teams... bolt the bridgestones on which were predictable and you'd have a different championship... it's an engineering and driver race.. not a tyre lucky dip IMO at the moment it's a lottery..

I think the problem is the tyres are unpredictable.. the teams do not know how they are going to behave... That's not right... And small changes in temp or condition shouldn't ruin a race weekend for any teams... bolt the bridgestones on which were predictable and you'd have a different championship... it's an engineering and driver race.. not a tyre lucky dip IMO at the moment it's a lottery..

I think we disagree :lol:. There is a degree of predictability with the tyres and they have three practice sessions before each race, as well as all the other data that has been gathered up till that point. It could be argued its the same for any change that anybody makes to any car. It adds another dimension, not as severe as rain and more predicable than rain.

In my view the teams should have access to all four tyres types every weekend and should get two sets of each for every race, and another three sets of each for practice and qualifying.

kingantti1874

I think we disagree :lol:. There is a degree of predictability with the tyres and they have three practice sessions before each race, as well as all the other data that has been gathered up till that point. It could be argued its the same for any change that anybody makes to any car. It adds another dimension, not as severe as rain and more predicable than rain.

In my view the teams should have access to all four tyres types every weekend and should get two sets of each for every race, and another three sets of each for practice and qualifying.

[/quote

We will agree to disagree then chief.... Mix of results is good... But I want to see drivers hammering it lap after lap..

Not tiptoeing around... Fastest lap. Was about 2 secs slower than pole....

• 2 weeks later...
kingantti1874

hamilton might lose pole position

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18047760

Saw that, another horrendous error from mclaren if it happens... With the margin he had today they could've put in 15 laps of fuel and he'd still have made pole... Surely it was a mistake and not deliberate... Shame for Hamilton if happens, you that'd be the 2nd win he'd lost because of team f ups

. Shame for Hamilton if happens, you that'd be the 2nd win he'd lost because of team f ups

He's also won a hell of a lot due to being in a very strong professional team.

Rudi Skacel

Hamilton demoted to the back of the grid

No points for me for first place this race :angry:

McLaren knew fine that they had short fueled him.

Martin Whitmarshes face was tripping him right after he got pole.

A bit careless by McLaren.

kingantti1874

No doubt mclarens fault... But that is a disgraceful punishment IMO.. hardly consistent with rosbergs punishment last week... I. E.. No punishment...

rossthejambo

No doubt mclarens fault... But that is a disgraceful punishment IMO.. hardly consistent with rosbergs punishment last week... I. E.. No punishment...

Two different types of incident in fairness, racing incidents don't tend to get punished quite as much as technical issues like this. I thought at the time that Rosberg should have been punished but I reckon because there was no crash and Hamilton got past him that the stewards probably thought no need to punish him.

I've got no love for Hamilton so to see him at the back does give me a slight smirk on my face, but from a racing perspective, it could make a more interesting race with Button and Hamilton working their way through the field.

kingantti1874

Two different types of incident in fairness, racing incidents don't tend to get punished quite as much as technical issues like this. I thought at the time that Rosberg should have been punished but I reckon because there was no crash and Hamilton got past him that the stewards probably thought no need to punish him.

I've got no love for Hamilton so to see him at the back does give me a slight smirk on my face, but from a racing perspective, it could make a more interesting race with Button and Hamilton working their way through the field.

Saw a quote saying a full lap of fuel worth 0.05 seconds .. Punishment should fit the crime.. The FIA seem to pick and choose when to apply rules and how stringently to apply them.. A time penalty would be much more appropriate...a 5 place penalty would have been harsh IMO.. Every week there seems to be some controversy

Saw a quote saying a full lap of fuel worth 0.05 seconds .. Punishment should fit the crime.. The FIA seem to pick and choose when to apply rules and how stringently to apply them.. A time penalty would be much more appropriate...a 5 place penalty would have been harsh IMO.. Every week there seems to be some controversy

i think the penalty is a bit harsh, i believe it should either have been a five place drop or removing his fastest time, which in this case would have dropped him 5 places. removing his results completely from quali was a bit harsh,

edit: one thing for sure it should add to the excitement of the race tomorrow

:shitwine:

Its a shame for Lewis, but it's careless once again from McLaren, who have cost both drivers with errors this season.

What a qualifying session from Maldonado - that came from nowhere. I always enjoy seeing somebody new on pole/winning, even if the circumstances aren't quite right. Nice to see Williams at the front. Was it Williams that Nico Hulkenberg got pole for a couple of years ago?

Prince Buaben

Its a shame for Lewis, but it's careless once again from McLaren, who have cost both drivers with errors this season.

What a qualifying session from Maldonado - that came from nowhere. I always enjoy seeing somebody new on pole/winning, even if the circumstances aren't quite right. Nice to see Williams at the front. Was it Williams that Nico Hulkenberg got pole for a couple of years ago?

Yeah Hulkenburg was in Brazil in 2010.

i think it was yes

It is a disgraceful decision, and so inconsistent. There have been cars come to the end of the race, without enough fuel to get back and no penalty. McLaren seem to be treated by the FIA like Hearts are treated by the SFA.

Prince Buaben
It is a disgraceful decision, and so inconsistent. There have been cars come to the end of the race, without enough fuel to get back and no penalty. McLaren seem to be treated by the FIA like Hearts are treated by the SFA.

It's only in qualifying that this rule stands . McLaren/Hamilton was also the reason that this rule was implemented back in 2010.

Whether or not the punishment was harsh, McLaren deliberately broke the rule and short fuelled Hamilton.

Yeah Hulkenburg was in Brazil in 2010.

He also went backwards rapidly in the race. I'm sure he was 10th after a few laps. :lol:

kingantti1874

It's only in qualifying that this rule stands . McLaren/Hamilton was also the reason that this rule was implemented back in 2010.

Whether or not the punishment was harsh, McLaren deliberately broke the rule and short fuelled Hamilton.

"Deliberately"

No they didn't.. The mechanic made an arse of, wrong setting on the pump for a few seconds.. Even the fia accept that.. The punishment is absolutely ridiculous .. Delete his fastest lap, add a representative time penalty.. Or at the very worst let his q2 time stand.. What was wrong with that phase of qualy.. He made q3 fair and square...

I think I'll not even bother watching it

"Deliberately"

No they didn't.. The mechanic made an arse of, wrong setting on the pump for a few seconds.. Even the fia accept that.. The punishment is absolutely ridiculous .. Delete his fastest lap, add a representative time penalty.. Or at the very worst let his q2 time stand.. What was wrong with that phase of qualy.. He made q3 fair and square...

I think I'll not even bother watching it

I agree it's harsh but McLaren seem to love making an erse of things.

Hamilton should be good to watch today. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

I agree it's harsh but McLaren seem to love making an erse of things.

Hamilton should be good to watch today. :thumbsup:

They certainly do.. It's one error after another...

They certainly do.. It's one error after another...

Nothing new though. Its happened for years. :lol:

kingantti1874

Rumour this morning that a couple of the pit crew and an engineer left over night, also whitmarsh, compression jenson in Friday practice to lewis pole... We get it martin, and you hired him. And want him to do well... But dear me.. I think (hope), whitmarsh may get the bullet soon

Rumour this morning that a couple of the pit crew and an engineer left over night, also whitmarsh, compression jenson in Friday practice to lewis pole... We get it martin, and you hired him. And want him to do well... But dear me.. I think (hope), whitmarsh may get the bullet soon

Whitmarsh has to take the blame but remember it wasn't any different with Ron Dennis at the helm.

McLaren need someone who can think on their feet and make snap decisions.

They've lacked that for years.

kingantti1874

Again agree, they suffer from Pitwall paralysis half the time and make unbelievably stupid errors...that's 4 races they have cost hamilton valuable points. Re Ron, at least he knew. Which horse to back though.. Jenson is, good driver, a very like able driver... But he isn't interest hamilton, alonso, and vettel class and Never will be...

Again agree, they suffer from Pitwall paralysis half the time and make unbelievably stupid errors...that's 4 races they have cost hamilton valuable points. Re Ron, at least he knew. Which horse to back though.. Jenson is, good driver, a very like able driver... But he isn't interest hamilton, alonso, and vettel class and Never will be...

Up until Belgium last year I'd have agreed about Button.

Seeing and hearing his car from where we were sitting told you he was on the limit lap after lap.

No-one else was. Just him. :thumbsup:

McLaren would have won multiple championships if they had someone like Ross Brawn making the racing decisions. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

He is capable of world champion performances... But the car needs to be absolutely perfect for him to extract the max...bang on the money.. This is why he isn't a great... Just very very good... Still want the guy to do well and compete for wdc #2..

Gavsy Van Gaverson

My prediction of Hamilton to win is not looking so good right now.

:sob:

My prediction of Hamilton to win is not looking so good right now.

:sob:

It#'s still possible, but would probaly need a safety car at a time to his advantage, pretty unlikley. I think it will be Alonso or Kimi.

Bert Le Clos

Used to think Martin Brundle was a right cheeky *******, but his pit walks kicked the shite out of Coulthard's.

Used to think Martin Brundle was a right cheeky *******, but his pit walks kicked the shite out of Coulthard's.

You can still watch brundle on Sky if you want. I thought DC's grid walk was ok, good chat with DiResta.

Prince Buaben

Schumacher runs into Senna,

Another error in the pits for Hamilton

Bert Le Clos

You can still watch brundle on Sky if you want. I thought DC's grid walk was ok, good chat with DiResta.

Only because he was lucky to spot him after he'd finished his own pit walk early. I didn't always like Brundle's attitude, but he had the balls to interupt people and jump in front and because of that he always got lots of interveiws.

Coulthard is too much of a pussy to do that so you end up getting a lot of hanging about and walking about talking.

Niko Hulkenberg sacred by the sight of Lewis Hamilton's yellow helmet :oohmatron:

Bert Le Clos

Only because he was lucky to spot him after he'd finished his own pit walk early. I didn't always like Brundle's attitude, but he had the balls to interupt people and jump in front and because of that he always got lots of interveiws.

Coulthard is too much of a pussy to do that so you end up getting a lot of hanging about and walking about talking.

Niko Hulkenberg sacred by the sight of Lewis Hamilton's yellow helmet :oohmatron:

Prince Buaben

Think Alonso will run away with this.

Shows what i know

:facepalm:

Well done Pastor Maldanado and Williams.

Archived