**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

hmfc_liam06

Decker has not been fully fit for a while and still isn't I think. Don't get the point of them offloading veterans though and then trying to get Steve Smith. They really are a shambles.

Practicing fully so I'd expect him to be healthy for the start of the season...he better be, I drafted him in our dynasty!!

Though rumours of him going to Baltimore would do me zero favours, mind you, it's probably a step up.

Crazy to think Maclin and Decker are available in June!

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

Practicing fully so I'd expect him to be healthy for the start of the season...he better be, I drafted him in our dynasty!!

Though rumours of him going to Baltimore would do me zero favours, mind you, it's probably a step up.

Crazy to think Maclin and Decker are available in June!

I had read somewhere that he was wearing a red no contact jersey and assumed he still wasn't, but just checked and your right, he supposedly was looking impressive at ota's.

I mentioned Kenny Golladay for your Lions before, he's supposedly looking awesome at ota's. Early days, but could be the one to fill the void left by Megatron...here's hoping :smugger:

hmfc_liam06

I had read somewhere that he was wearing a red no contact jersey and assumed he still wasn't, but just checked and your right, he supposedly was looking impressive at ota's.

I mentioned Kenny Golladay for your Lions before, he's supposedly looking awesome at ota's. Early days, but could be the one to fill the void left by Megatron...here's hoping

Yeah he's looking good, not getting too excited yet though! He went undrafted in an IDP dynasty league I run, I picked him up and now trying to flog Marvin Jones.

We must have great faith in him (and Roberts) to not renew Boldin's contract. He was a Red Zone beast for us last season.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta

Yeah he's looking good, not getting too excited yet though! He went undrafted in an IDP dynasty league I run, I picked him up and now trying to flog Marvin Jones.

We must have great faith in him (and Roberts) to not renew Boldin's contract. He was a Red Zone beast for us last season.

Supposedly not dropped a single pass yet. Thought about taking Marvin Jones myself, but decided to go for Golladay instead. I know it was only Northern Illinois, but I like the look of him.

hmfc_liam06

Supposedly not dropped a single pass yet. Thought about taking Marvin Jones myself, but decided to go for Golladay instead. I know it was only Northern Illinois, but I like the look of him.

Decent enough player but a fairly low ceiling. We've too many mouths to feed in the passing game.

Jones, Tate, Golladay, Ebron, Roberts, Riddick and even Abdullah can be effective. Not a particularly amazing set of players but it's effective, no one really knows what's coming!

luckyBatistuta

Decent enough player but a fairly low ceiling. We've too many mouths to feed in the passing game.

Jones, Tate, Golladay, Ebron, Roberts, Riddick and even Abdullah can be effective. Not a particularly amazing set of players but it's effective, no one really knows what's coming!

Yup, they're not, but you never know. Positive thinking and all that :jiggy:

hmfc_liam06

Yup, they're not, but you never know. Positive thinking and all that :jiggy:

This is the best time of the year...everyone thinks their team is going to the Super Bowl :lol:

luckyBatistuta

This is the best time of the year...everyone thinks their team is going to the Super Bowl :lol:

:rofl: exactly

Looking forward to my first ring and eventually the JKB Canton

Edited by luckyBatistuta

hmfc_liam06

How about a waaaay too early division prediction?

AFC North

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

Browns

A poor division outside the Steelers I feel.

AFC East

Patriots

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

Fancy the Dolphins in their second season under Gase to put a little pressure on the Pats.

AFC South

Titans

Texans

Colts

Jags

I really like what the Titans are putting together, reckon they'll sneak a very close division.

AFC West

Raiders

Chiefs

Broncos

Chargers

Best division in football just now? I could pick this division again tomorrow and it'll be different.

NFC North

Lions obviously

Packers

Bears

Vikings

Don't know why but I've a feeling the Vikings are going to flop this season, watch out for them making a Super Bowl appearance...

NFC East

Cowboys

Giants

Redskins

Eagles

Similar to the AFC West, this could be anyones, and I include the Eagles in that.

NFC South

Saints

Falcons

Bucs

Panthers

Another tight division and probably a rival for the AFC West as the best in the league.

NFC West

Seahawks

Cardinals

49ers

Rams

This just isn't a great division!

hmfc_liam06

:rofl: exactly

Looking forward to my first ring and eventually the JKB Canton

I'll need to do a team rating for the dynasty!

luckyBatistuta

I'll need to do a team rating for the dynasty!

:lol: already mentioned you doing that.

luckyBatistuta

How about a waaaay too early division prediction?

AFC North

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

Browns

A poor division outside the Steelers I feel.

AFC East

Patriots

Dolphins

Bills

JetsFancy the Dolphins in their second season under Gase to put a little pressure on the Pats.

AFC South

Titans

Texans

Colts

Jags

I really like what the Titans are putting together, reckon they'll sneak a very close division.

AFC West

Raiders

Chiefs

Broncos

Chargers

Best division in football just now? I could pick this division again tomorrow and it'll be different.

NFC North

Lions obviously

Packers

Bears

Vikings

Don't know why but I've a feeling the Vikings are going to flop this season, watch out for them making a Super Bowl appearance...NFC East

Cowboys

Giants

Redskins

Eagles

Similar to the AFC West, this could be anyones, and I include the Eagles in that.

NFC South

Saints

Falcons

Bucs

Panthers

Another tight division and probably a rival for the AFC West as the best in the league.

NFC West

Seahawks

Cardinals

49ers

Rams

This just isn't a great division!

AFC North

Bengals

Steelers

Ravens

Browns

Don't think Dalton is a top end QB, but had a poor time last season with AJ Green injured. Now he's fit and with the other additions on offence, I think they're going to be a lot better...or they'll just be the usual Bungles :lol:

AFC East

Patriots

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

As long as Brady isn't struck by the Madden curse, it's normal service. Jets guaranteed bottom, so agree with you on this one.

AFC South

Colts

Titans

Texans

Jags

This is a really tough one to call. Think it depends on whether Luck is fully fit in time for the opener. I'm biased and going for the Colts and for Moncrief to finally break out. Titans to push them all the way, Texans still having QB problems and the Jags to improve, but next year will be big for them.

AFC West

Raiders

Chiefs

Broncos

Chargers

Two way battle for the top spot and Broncos and Chargers battling it out for the bottom spot...agree

NFC North

Packers

Lions

Bears

Vikings

Packers for one reason only...Rodgers. Lions for second, as they have a better offence than the others.

NFC East

Cowboys

Redskins

Giants

Eagles

Zeke to run wild again. Redskins will continue to put up good numbers, but the Giants have a problem...Eli is regressing.

NFC South

Falcons

Bucs

Panthers

Saints

Matt and Julio combined with their top running game to go again. Bucs have even more weapons now and should push them all the way. Carolina have made some good additions, but not convinced it's all going to come together this year. Saints bringing up the rear.

NFC West

Seahawks

49ers

Cardinals

Rams

Agree...This just isn't a great division!

Seahawks because of their defence and Wilson being fully fit will get it done. Going to shock you here, but I think Shanahan is immediately going to improve this bunch, not greatly, but enough to take second spot. QB is an issue for the Cards now and the same with the Rams.

hmfc_liam06

The beauty of the NFL is you can genuinely make a case for the majority of sides. You may not agree with some views but they're usually valid arguments.

49ers may well finish 2nd in the division...but I doubt it'll be with a playoff qualifying win total, most definitely a losing record. It's such a bad division, football wise.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

hmfc_liam06

And on Moncrief, I hope he does, I invested heavily in him when he was a rookie in my other 2 dynasty leagues, kept the faith this year but he's facing the chop if it's another disappointing year.

luckyBatistuta

The beauty of the NFL is you can genuinely make a case for the majority of sides. You may not agree with some views but they're usually valid arguments.

49ers may well finish 2nd in the division...but I doubt it'll be with a playoff qualifying win total, most definitely a losing record. It's such a bad division, football wise.

:spoton:

And on Moncrief, I hope he does, I invested heavily in him when he was a rookie in my other 2 dynasty leagues, kept the faith this year but he's facing the chop if it's another disappointing year.

It's really annoying, because he's definitely got it. Just need a full season and he'll show us all...fingers crossed.

There is a team available in the 5-1 Dynasty League, its got a lot of quality in the roster - Bell, Johnson, Gurley, Bryant, Robinson and Cooks, so a great situation for anyone to take over.

Here's the link to it

http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=36505&O=07&F=0003

Once we get a new owner, the rookie draft will get up and running right away, so the sooner, the better. Its a paid league, so ?5.35 for the season. If anyone is interested, give me a shout and it will be first one to respond and pay that gets the team.

Odds on favourite to win the league as well!

Tried to PM you Martin.

Is the team still available?

Cheers

PortyJambo

Tried to PM you Martin.

Is the team still available?

Cheers

In case he doesn't see your PM, Martin emailed the other owners a day or two ago to say the team had found a new owner, so no longer available.

Edited by Louis Litt

PortyJambo

I really enjoyed that. Two turnovers the fist two offensive drives and two goal line stands by the defence to concede zero points.

That's what you call an end to end game

Good write-up on the game from the Edinburgh Reporter here.

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2017/06/american-football-wolves-win-thriller-and-banish-finals-defeats/

Sexton Hardcastle

Stumbled across a decent series on Netflix - Last chance U. Kind of like a real life Friday night lights but based in a junior college where a lot of college players have dropped down to for either bad behaviour or grades.

Three episodes in and enjoying it.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

luckyBatistuta

Stumbled across a decent series on Netflix - Last chance U. Kind of like a real life Friday night lights but based in a junior college where a lot of college players have dropped down to for either bad behaviour or grades.

Cheers for the heads up, will give it a watch.

KineticBeat

I watched it a while back and recommend it highly. 

The girlfriend has no interest in the NFL and still really enjoyed it too.

Sexton Hardcastle

Shame it was only six episodes but I believe a second series is on the way.

Interesting to see at the end where they ended up during the closing credits but The way their season ended seemed ridiculous. The kids Franklin and Ollie were characters.

KineticBeat

Decker to the Titans...1 year contract

Great signing by them imo. 

Mariotta will certainly be throwing to some talent this year.

hmfc_liam06

Great signing by them imo. 

Mariotta will certainly be throwing to some talent this year.

Yep, great signing.

Saw this on Twitter this morning:

From 2012-2015, Eric Decker is 2nd in red zone TDs & 3rd in red zone receptions. Mariota is #1 in red zone passer rating since entering NFL.

If Decker can get back to those numbers in 2017 after being injured for most of last year the Titans will be a force this season.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

luckyBatistuta

Yep, great signing.

Saw this on Twitter this morning:

From 2012-2015, Eric Decker is 2nd in red zone TDs & 3rd in red zone receptions. Mariota is #1 in red zone passer rating since entering NFL.

If Decker can get back to those numbers in 2017 after being injured for most of last year the Titans will be a force this season.

Knew you'd like it :wink:

I don't, kills off any chance of Taywon Taylor seeing any game time, not that I expected him getting any.

hmfc_liam06

Knew you'd like it :wink:

I don't, kills off any chance of Taywon Taylor seeing any game time, not that I expected him getting any.

Of course, great news for my dynasty team :lol:

Taylor is looking at WR4 at best just now.

luckyBatistuta

Of course, great news for my dynasty team :lol:

Taylor is looking at WR4 at best just now.

A nice wee boost indeed. Think everybody was leaving him because he was on such a poor team, totally different story now though.

• 2 weeks later...
KineticBeat

Anyone managed to catch the 2nd season of All or Nothing following the Rams? I fired through the whole season over the weekend. 

Don't think it is as good as the previous season following the Cardinals - guess it's just more fun following a team who have a good season. A few interesting sections here and there though.

hmfc_liam06

Anyone managed to catch the 2nd season of All or Nothing following the Rams? I fired through the whole season over the weekend. 

Don't think it is as good as the previous season following the Cardinals - guess it's just more fun following a team who have a good season. A few interesting sections here and there though.

Watched the first 2 last night.

I had that WTF moment when they started off by showing the Hard Knocks stuff, I had to check I had indeed turned on All or Nothing :lol:

KineticBeat

Watched the first 2 last night.

I had that WTF moment when they started off by showing the Hard Knocks stuff, I had to check I had indeed turned on All or Nothing :lol:

Same here haha. 

Highlights that it maybe wasn't the greatest idea having both programs cover the same team. 

Saying that, the Bucs would surely be an interesting team for All or Nothing to follow this coming season.

RustyRightPeg

I'm gonna give it a watch this weekend.

I don't particularly like the Rams, they're a team going nowhere at the moment so I'm not expecting much in comparison to the Cards one last year.

hmfc_liam06

If anyone is particularly interested, I started a blog a couple years ago, was full of good intentions but never really took it anywhere. 

Hoping to step it up this year and have started a fan series, whereby fans of each team preview the forthcoming season.

3 up so far, Patriot, Steelers and my Lions contribution.

https://www.doublecoverage.co.uk/

I no doubt follow some of you on Twitter already :lol:

It's excellent.  Season 2 available shortly.

Sexton Hardcastle

Britney to be half time show appears to be the chat.

Been a while since they went with an older/rock band. Past few years just pop which is all good to try and draw in some female etc.

Ouch, looks like Mike Williams is done for the year!

And looks like that ***** Elliot is going to be suspended for at least a few games, and be numerous millions of dollars worse off.

The young Texans rb also got into bother. Glad I avoided him in late draft rounds.

Don't worry, he said the gun was legally his, and the weed wasn't!

I genuinely don't know what the **** is wrong with these people.

Edited by Peebo

hmfc_liam06

Don't worry, he said the gun was legally his, and the weed wasn't!

I genuinely don't know what the **** is wrong with these people.

Staggering the amount of these stories surface in the NFL.

Drugs, guns, beating women, beating kids...even murder! Mental!

RustyRightPeg

Last Chance U season two now up.

Excellent. Know what i'll be doing this evening then!

luckyBatistuta

Looks like I'm going to be at the Colts game in Nashville on October 16th :jiggy:

Monday Night Football baby :jiggy: