Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruyff Turn

Looking good, I'm sure they'll get it finished in time for the first games but hopefully it has time to bed in as well. 

Bad Religion
43 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think the sand is piled up round the sides and making it look higher than it will be.

Yeah maybe.

Going by this section though, it is still approximately 200mm of sand with another 200mm of soil to go on top.  

Hybrid layers.jpg

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, novoman said:

Plenty sand but not a lot of sun today guys?

FA89AA27-97A1-44F2-A4DD-861B119B148F.jpeg

7EEE45AF-F5D1-4443-8EED-62F6133CF38B.jpeg

5DA5EBA7-0138-4167-97B2-CF544263E1E7.jpeg

Great photos. Thanks. 

Did you notice any other work going on in the main stand? Looks like the tunnel and sky bar doorways are still boarded up. 

Only work I could see that was going on was the nursery and at the new club shop , The upper levels are on hold so I’m left

to believe ,

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Great photos. Thanks. 

Did you notice any other work going on in the main stand? Looks like the tunnel and sky bar doorways are still boarded up. 

siegementality
13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

You will still see the Roseburn faded seats.

Next time I’m there I’ll take a photo. There’ll be loads of different angles that will not include getting the shitty seats in. Pure laziness by media department in my opinion.

Seymour M Hersh
On 29/05/2018 at 14:22, novoman said:

Just like Gulane 

4F5D803A-6CEB-4848-85F4-56C48D0EB41C.jpeg

Had a laugh at the advert in the background. The sand looks a bit lie wholemeal flour! 

Jambof3tornado

Good progress made. Lets hope the yellow weather warning for rain dont have too much of an impact.

On 29/05/2018 at 15:26, I.T.K said:

Looks Quite a bit higher. 

Great......closer to the action.

johnking123

Really don't think they didn't dig far enough down! Have more sand and half a foot of soil to put on top.

Edited by johnking123

sandylejambo
On 29/05/2018 at 18:09, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I hope they remembered to order drainage pipes with holes in them.  :whistling:

Pipes without holes are called bars

The Treasurer

I can't see anything about a sprinkler system in any of the diagrams that have been posted.

Surely we have to be able to water the pitch to the liking of Brenda and Broony,  the Beechgrove Bhoys

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I can't see anything about a sprinkler system in any of the diagrams that have been posted.

Surely we have to be able to water the pitch to the liking of Brenda and Broony,  the Beechgrove Bhoys

Think you can see them here?

Sorry, can’t add the photo on my phone. Think you can see them in the bottom photo enlarged by Kila a few posts up. 

Edited by Bad Religion

Cruyff Turn
22 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Under soil heating and ‘sand trimming’ going on today. 

Those in the first row will get a good look at the players boots and not much else if it gets any higher. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Those in the first row will get a good look at the players boots and not much else if it gets any higher. 

By  the time they add in the trackside advertising boards I think there's a real chance that we could lose the first row of seating in all 4 stands.

Harry Potter
On 5/29/2018 at 17:03, Bad Religion said:

Yeah maybe.

Going by this section though, it is still approximately 200mm of sand with another 200mm of soil to go on top.  

Hybrid layers.jpg

Thanks for that, explains how it works.

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure if serious or not but our sprinklers run up the trackside next to the pitch.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure if serious or not but our sprinklers run up the trackside next to the pitch.

I think you're right. I just thought they might have installed "pop-up" sprinklers like a lot of pitches have.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes, had then on at half time one game and the crowd got a wee bit wet :laugh:

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think you're right. I just thought they might have installed "pop-up" sprinklers like a lot of pitches have.

Think it probably was an unnecessary cost if it was ever an option.

Cruyff Turn
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

By  the time they add in the trackside advertising boards I think there's a real chance that we could lose the first row of seating in all 4 stands.

Indeed, I don't think it would be great viewing otherwise. 

Heartsofgold
4 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Pipes without holes are called bars

I actually spat my coffee out at this comment.  Bravo sir!

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The new system has pop up sprinklers down the centre of the pitch.

Really shallow rooted grasses- presumably why the plastic is needed (grass roots can go down several feet but these look like perhaps only 3-4 inches).  The layer of sand will stop much further root development.  And if and when the sand layer gets compacted it will be difficult to rectify with the pipes in that layer.  Would have thought the heating pipes in the gravel layer would retain and radiate heat better than those in the sand.

But no doubt the experts have reasons for these things.  That's why they are on the big bucks. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I don’t think the run off areas are being changed so the trackside boards will be at the same level. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think the run off areas are being changed so the trackside boards will be at the same level. 

Hopefully they will be replaced with permanent electronic boards.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Really don't think they didn't dig far enough down! Have more sand and half a foot of soil to put on top.

So you do think they did dig far enough down then!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

:notsure:

johnking123
11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So you do think they did dig far enough down then!

Was early in the morning. Was not fully switched on!

Pitch is being seeded. Barenbrug seed to be precise.

Also 3 rows of pop up sprinklers with turf caps along the length of the pitch.

SIS artificial material going in next.

Should be good for many years to come.

jambopilms
9 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

Pitch is being seeded. Barenbrug seed to be precise.

Also 3 rows of pop up sprinklers with turf caps along the length of the pitch.

SIS artificial material going in next.

Should be good for many years to come.

They can't do that, it won't be ready etc etc.

also someone is going to break some bones falling off the pitch into the lap of someone in the front row.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, john1951 said:

The new system has pop up sprinklers down the centre of the pitch.

Good stuff.

Never mind all this about progress, what's the resident  .net pitch expert Green Finger got to say about it? 

Have we got planning permission to knock down the admin buildings owned by the Chris Stewart Group yet? 

avhudtheteeshirt
4 hours ago, Coco said:

Really shallow rooted grasses- presumably why the plastic is needed (grass roots can go down several feet but these look like perhaps only 3-4 inches).  The layer of sand will stop much further root development.  And if and when the sand layer gets compacted it will be difficult to rectify with the pipes in that layer.  Would have thought the heating pipes in the gravel layer would retain and radiate heat better than those in the sand.

But no doubt the experts have reasons for these things.  That's why they are on the big bucks. 

Any keen gardener will tell you the most efficient heater in a greenhouse is a hot wire laid under sand, with seed trays laying on sand bed, it promotes growth and stops frost attacking the plants.  

Perth to Paisley

With all this hi-tech grass goings on; could we not have looked at changing the colour?

201608311437332913189.jpg

6 hours ago, Coco said:

I believe the whole point of the plastic blades is so that the roots intertwine with them and can bed in better/deeper. 

That’s why these hybrid pitches are much more hard wearing.

Pans Jambo
12 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Are they sprinklers?

I can see folk tripping over them if they are...