Hybrid Pitch

kila

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Dunks said:

image.thumb.png.64fcc17d865efe2dc9dfddd4f252f657.png

Thanks Dunks...that’s exactly how I remembered it...not a great seat...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

As you say - a wee lean on your pal required :D

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

"GrassMaster reinforces a 100% natural grass pitch by vertically inserting 20 million polypropylene (PP) fibres into the soil. The 20 cm long PP fibres are injected by computer-controlled machines, 18 cm deep so 2 cm remains above the surface, in a grid about 2 x 2 cm. The natural grass roots entwine with the fibres and grow deeper and wider, building a stronger and healthier rootzone. The PP fibres above the surface ensure an always even and stable surface. GrassMaster can be installed before seeding, after seeding or on grass sods"

God help the groundsman who sets the mower height to one centimetre.

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, Dunks said:

image.thumb.png.64fcc17d865efe2dc9dfddd4f252f657.png

8 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

I sat in those seats when Sam Nicholson scored  a belter against Hibs.

My view showed no angle at all along the line so that both goal posts were exactly in line.

It wasn't until the net bulged that I knew it had gone in.

The Treasurer
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 00:05, Smithee said:

"GrassMaster reinforces a 100% natural grass pitch by vertically inserting 20 million polypropylene (PP) fibres into the soil. The 20 cm long PP fibres are injected by computer-controlled machines, 18 cm deep so 2 cm remains above the surface, in a grid about 2 x 2 cm. The natural grass roots entwine with the fibres and grow deeper and wider, building a stronger and healthier rootzone. The PP fibres above the surface ensure an always even and stable surface. GrassMaster can be installed before seeding, after seeding or on grass sods"

Has this all been signed off and approved by Brenda ?

David McCaig

I took this yesterday in the Gorgie Suite prior to the 1998 Dinner.

C6D4395E-BA80-4EC3-A554-B2EE83D8835D.jpeg

Edited by David McCaig

15 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I took this yesterday in the Gorgie Suite prior to the 1998 Dinner.

C6D4395E-BA80-4EC3-A554-B2EE83D8835D.jpeg

Thanks for the picture update. Looks like a snowy car park. 

Keep them coming. 

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A gravel surface........its like fekkin gregorys girl!!!

It will look okay once they paint it!!

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

When are those seats being replaced......they are an eye sore 

hmfc_liam06

Am I missing something here...I thought we were ripping out the under-soil heating? Going by the pictures it looks like we've removed the grass and gone straight to laying what looks like gravel?

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Am I missing something here...I thought we were ripping out the under-soil heating? Going by the pictures it looks like we've removed the grass and gone straight to laying what looks like gravel?

They've been at it for 2 weeks already, Budge said they are a little ahead of schedule

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sand maybe?

Perhaps we're just not bothering digging down to save time and installing the sand, new heating and other layers on top of what's there?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sand maybe?

Perhaps we're just not bothering digging down to save time and installing the sand, new heating and other layers on top of what's there?

A pitch 3 feet higher than the bottom rows? Novel idea. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A pitch 3 feet higher than the bottom rows? Novel idea. 

I vaguely remember noticing the old Trafford pitch  (for example) is a fair bit above ground floor in the stand, not 3 feet right enough, maybe 8 inches IIRC.

Looking again I can see it is gravel and that there's sand to come though, and it's clearly going on top of what's there just now. 

19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Pictures of excavations would have been good

Maybe that work has been done but seems very quick 

20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I vaguely remember noticing the old Trafford pitch  (for example) is a fair bit above ground floor in the stand, not 3 feet right enough, maybe 8 inches IIRC.

Looking again I can see it is gravel and that there's sand to come though, and it's clearly going on top of what's there just now. 

Gravel - sand  then soil seems normal to me for laying a bed for a pitch. I assume they dug down and replaced any knackered pipe work and didn't need to do a complete renewal. Just a guess, otherwise if it's going in now you'd expect to see the existing feed pipes poking out the ground for connecting the new grid? Just conjecture on my part though as it's not remotely in my field of expertise. 

To compare novoman's photo from the 15th May to the one Hearts shared on twitter today (look at the concrete slabs, quite a lot filled in). Can't be long until they put the grass down. Can only assume they did any work to the undersoil heating before the 15th May.

1.png.b72d0ce9162a955bde304c095db35e9c.png2.png.606c6e9fdbaff25720fc95a5c28719cf.png

johnking123
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

C6D4395E-BA80-4EC3-A554-B2EE83D8835D.jpegTh undersoil heating is under the sheets. Will be long pipes under the sheeting and the green things spread evenly out are the pop up sprinklers I would think.  

Edited by johnking123

Will it definitely have pop up sprinklers (something that we didn't previously have)?

Do you think there was any scope to widen the pitch (even if just by a couple for yards).  I know the stadium is tight but I still reckon they could widen slightly and loose a bit more track. Especially in front of the main stand.

Will they be seeding it or laying new turf and then injecting the fibre's?  I assume it will be true given the timescales.

PeterintheRain

Is that not face about arse?

The drains should be bedded into gravel then a layer of membrane over the top before you put the sand down. That helps stop them from clogging up.  

Does anybody know how they fixed the subsurface and drainage problem or are we being ripped off again?

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Will it definitely have pop up sprinklers (something that we didn't previously have)?

Do you think there was any scope to widen the pitch (even if just by a couple for yards).  I know the stadium is tight but I still reckon they could widen slightly and loose a bit more track. Especially in front of the main stand.

Will they be seeding it or laying new turf and then injecting the fibre's?  I assume it will be true given the timescales.

We had pop up sprinklers before.

Bad Religion
44 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

Is that not face about arse?

The drains should be bedded into gravel then a layer of membrane over the top before you put the sand down. That helps stop them from clogging up.  

Does anybody know how they fixed the subsurface and drainage problem or are we being ripped off again?

Definitely being ripped off like the last time?

More pics from yesterday.. not sure if this makes things a bit clearer about the pipework . The police ?‍♀️ box has been cut back a fair old bit thou.

0E2E8E64-5D34-4BCA-9A3D-8810CD74BC14.jpeg

7763736B-0477-4DB5-B9C0-17EB6A91D598.jpeg

670A69F9-F5B6-4018-9686-208F36C415D2.jpeg

jambopilms

Ffs why do people just assume it's getting done all wrong because of half arsed guess work from a few photos. 

Maybe the club should ask KB before doing any work to make sure it gets done right.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ffs why do people just assume it's getting done all wrong because of half arsed guess work from a few photos. 

Maybe the club should ask KB before doing any work to make sure it gets done right.

not been on here long? if there is an opportunity for posters to complain they will find it even if they are talking nonsense 

Bull's-eye

Looks arse about face to me, they've planted the Grass at the bottom, I also suspect with little foundation and knowledge that they've connected the drainage to the stink pipes. All signed off by Levein of course. 

I'm away to slit my wrists for the second time today. This SHAMBLES can't continue ffs.

Edited by Oliver Twist

The Natural Order

FFS! Has nobody popped over and asked Greenginger what's going on with the pitch. He's bound to know.

7 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Looks arse about face to me, they've planted the Grass at the bottom, I also suspect with little foundation and knowledge that they've connected the drainage to the stink pipes. All signed off by Levein of course. 

I'm away to slit my wrists for the second time today. This SHAMBLES can't continue ffs.

:gok:

Hibs.net are all over this already my pics from yesterday are up on the new stand thread . Bunch of sad mothers . 

heartmussel
29 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

?

Bad Religion
52 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Because they are ignorant morons. 

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just leave it as it is.

Will allow us to play to our well known, industrial hoofball tactics.

Nae grass? Nae bother.

Does have it's plus points, it'll stop Rodgers from moaning about the length of the grass. :laugh:

31 minutes ago, novoman said:

Hibs.net are all over this already my pics from yesterday are up on the new stand thread . Bunch of sad mothers . 

So long as the fisters are discussing how wrong we're doing it, we must be doing it right.  They have a track record of spouting the biggest lot of pish on all things Hearts.

57 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's sad that this made me laugh out loud.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Photos is all we have

A day by day guide to what has been happening would have been good 

16 minutes ago, Haken said:

So long as the fisters are discussing how wrong we're doing it, we must be doing it right.  They have a track record of spouting the biggest lot of pish on all things Hearts.

Good of them to take an interest.

Something about a shadow. 

Big Slim Stylee
On 5/22/2018 at 09:38, novoman said:

A few taken today ,it’s got a long way to go.

F0272109-5430-43E2-BB3F-260D4A0D86E7.jpeg

B73285FB-D6B8-4913-A1AC-EF3B6DA29697.jpeg

I know it’s a great thing but....I can’t help thinking this could be one of the dullest threads ever on here ?

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I know it’s a great thing but....I can’t help thinking this could be one of the dullest threads ever on here ?

Like watching grass grow!!

1 hour ago, novoman said:

Maybe add a FTH watermark next time out?

Big Slim Stylee
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Like watching grass grow!!

Cant wait for the final twistling intertwining pictures next year.