Hybrid Pitch

kila

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Fair point both have soil and grass roots (which is what they feed on I think). 

Sounds like it could be fungus gnats, their larvae feed on the wee hairs on roots, so the plant can't take up nutrients effectively and slowly die.  

I had them on one of my grows and had to use a mix of garlic and hydrogen peroxide to kill them, the wee shites. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Sounds like it could be fungus gnats, their larvae feed on the wee hairs on roots, so the plant can't take up nutrients effectively and slowly die.  

I had them on one of my grows and had to use a mix of garlic and hydrogen peroxide to kill them, the wee shites. 

Could be. The garlic trick failed miserably at Murrayfield hence the hybrid. 

19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Before Murrayfield got it's hybrid pitch it had a terrible problem with some sort of worm/bug in the 100% grass pitch. One of the supposed fixes to the bugs was spraying the pitch with garlic water. I think you may be getting confused with the two. 

No, he's right:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-using-garlic-smelly-5920173

Does anyone know if Greenginger is observing the new pitch development or is he still on main stand duty?

I hope we've got proper planning permission for the new pitch and the grass had bern ordered from China.

Pasquale for King
On 12/05/2018 at 18:47, tynewater said:

The hybrid pitch at Murrayfield was laid in a single close season period, can't see why it shouldn't be the same at Tynecastle.

The close season in rugby is from at least May to October, ours is May to July. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

For all those who for some reason have an aversion to referring to Hibernian FC as “Vermin” I’d like to suggest that your” Fungus Gnats” option is a fantastic alternative.

Lucille's Thirsty
9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I normally don't mind Sutton, a WUM at worst, but that was the comment of a simpleton

I don't mind him at all. The way he winds up Stewart and Craigan is hilarious TBF.  The Edinburgh derby on BT Sport he was the only one sticking up for us which I appreciated.

26 minutes ago, novoman said:

Some pictures from today, 

E60D705A-DB70-4F6F-BA67-E8212F0266DB.jpeg

1126A134-CA3C-4293-8A02-90C979308DA0.jpeg

C62DA434-C3EE-4DD5-A609-AE49B972345D.jpeg

B478C4A5-1C0B-4419-B398-C242E471CBC9.jpeg

Great photos. Thanks for taking the time to post. 

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:43, AlimOzturk said:

Heard the BT commentators have pop at us for spending money on a new Pitch rather than invest it in the squad. The mentioned that pitch looked in good shape and today it certainly did. However considering the mud pit it becomes in the winter this is incredibly important. . I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing

It was Sutton "Wouldn't you rather have a million pound player!"

We are building for the future you ignorant dick!!!!

1 hour ago, novoman said:

Some pictures from today, 

B478C4A5-1C0B-4419-B398-C242E471CBC9.jpeg

Bashing on with cutting back the police box!

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Bashing on with cutting back the police box!

How far can they cut back Thomaso, will it allow ALL seats to be used at that end of the stand?

Unknown user
19 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

For all those who for some reason have an aversion to referring to Hibernian FC as “Vermin” I’d like to suggest that your” Fungus Gnats” option is a fantastic alternative.

:laugh::thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I don't mind him at all. The way he winds up Stewart and Craigan is hilarious TBF.  The Edinburgh derby on BT Sport he was the only one sticking up for us which I appreciated.

I'm not normally a fan but I did enjoy him getting torn into Michael Stewart, got him right noised up!

"Are you calling me a liar??"

"Name your source then"

Great entertainment to be fair

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

How far can they cut back Thomaso, will it allow ALL seats to be used at that end of the stand?

I believe we will end up with the same view as the end row seats across in the Wheatfield - I think these seats are 'partially restricted'??

King Of The Cat Cafe
   On 09/05/2018 at 23:43,  AlimOzturk said: 

Heard the BT commentators have pop at us for spending money on a new Pitch rather than invest it in the squad. The mentioned that pitch looked in good shape and today it certainly did. However considering the mud pit it becomes in the winter this is incredibly important. . I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing

But, but, but, that's not what Neil Lennon said after last Wednesday.  Everybody knows that he is the expert on everything  in the SPL.  In fact he knows all.

johnking123
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Cheers for the photos @novoman

What's the purpose of the concrete slabs they are putting down presumably where the pitch lines will go?

Was thinking what they are for as well.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

What's the purpose of the concrete slabs they are putting down presumably where the pitch lines will go?

They'll be strategically placed on the pitch the next time Celtic visit.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

They'll be strategically placed on Scott Brown's baws  the next time Celtic visit.

Ftfy 

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Still convinced the whole thing should be put outside the stadium directly behind the same gable end,but not going to get into that again

Ah I think the concrete slabs might be for reinforcement to prevent cracking etc where the lino will be running up and down

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah I think the concrete slabs might be for reinforcement to prevent cracking etc where the lino will be running up and down

I hope we've got the budget for something better than Lino. That'll be like a slip n' slide.

Could be a fun half time game to be fair. 

PeterintheRain
22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The closed season in rugby is from at least May to October, ours is May to July. 

They hosted the hooped vermin in the early rounds of the Champions league while the Commonwealth games were on. 

Green toothed slum dwellers 0 - Legia Warsaw 2.   6th August 2014.

PeterintheRain
On 5/14/2018 at 17:51, Seymour M Hersh said:

Could be. The garlic trick failed miserably at Murrayfield hence the hybrid. 

Garlic only works on fungus.   The Murrayfield pitch was infested with nematodes.  You can kill them but only if you poison all the ordinary earthworms and any passing bird helping itself to a snack. 

On 14/05/2018 at 17:29, Seymour M Hersh said:

Before Murrayfield got it's hybrid pitch it had a terrible problem with some sort of worm/bug in the 100% grass pitch. One of the supposed fixes to the bugs was spraying the pitch with garlic water. I think you may be getting confused with the two. 

I’m not getting confused... I was staying in Manchester and the guy on the stadium tour explained that they used garlic to treat the grass to deal with this parasite issue.  

It must just be on the days they do it but it stinks for miles.  

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, kila said:

At first glance I thought they looked further towards the centre of the pitch but comparing to recent match pictures those slabs are exactly in line with the lines.

Given the height of them are they just temporary or are we raising the height of the playing surface?

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I believe we will end up with the same view as the end row seats across in the Wheatfield - I think these seats are 'partially restricted'??

Sat in those seats for an early euro tie when the main stand was closed...they are odd seats. If you sit normally on the seat the goal and far corner are blocked but a slight lean to the side and they come in to view...it is only the very end seat, the 2nd column is fine...

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Still convinced the whole thing should be put outside the stadium directly behind the same gable end,but not going to get into that again

It’s been explained numerous times all the alarms,cctv etc are in there so the other stands would need to be rewired.Or something like that.

If we're going to replace the carpet, and I can't imagine we won't, lets get a maroon one this time.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, kila said:

I'm guessing that they're there to contain the soil infill in an exact rectangle  before sowing the grass.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PeterintheRain said:

They hosted the hooped vermin in the early rounds of the Champions league while the Commonwealth games were on. 

Green toothed slum dwellers 0 - Legia Warsaw 2.   6th August 2014.

They started it in March 2014

https://www.scotsman.com/news/work-on-re-laying-murrayfield-pitch-begins-1-3410208

sairyinthat
24 minutes ago, obua said:

It’s been explained numerous times all the alarms,cctv etc are in there so the other stands would need to be rewired.Or something like that.

Mmm.I have no intentions of revisiting that particular issue my view will take some shifting and it's water under the bridge.

10 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Mmm.I have no intentions of revisiting that particular issue my view will take some shifting and it's water under the bridge.

The Green Guide to Safety at Sports Events states:

control point / control room should command a good, unrestricted view of the whole ground; that is, the whole playing area or area of activity, and as much of the viewing accommodation as possible.

sairyinthat
5 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

The Green Guide to Safety at Sports Events states:

control point / control room should command a good, unrestricted view of the whole ground; that is, the whole playing area or area of activity, and as much of the viewing accommodation as possible.

I don't doubt it.

Heart of Darkness
4 hours ago, kila said:

Do you think the pitch might be getting raised up a little? 

Lucille's Thirsty
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

:laugh::thumbsup:

I'm not normally a fan but I did enjoy him getting torn into Michael Stewart, got him right noised up!

"Are you calling me a liar??"

"Name your source then"

Great entertainment to be fair

The whole idea of pundits is too be impartial which I think Sutton is he calls it as he sees it. 

Unknown user
Just now, Lucille's Thirsty said:

The whole idea of pundits is too be impartial which I think Sutton is he calls it as he sees it. 

I was pissed off at him for his comments on us earlier in the season, can't remember what it was exactly, but to be fair he's not shy in speaking up for the good, which some just can't see.

Made Stewart look a right prick, what's not to like?

Lucille's Thirsty
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was pissed off at him for his comments on us earlier in the season, can't remember what it was exactly, but to be fair he's not shy in speaking up for the good, which some just can't see.

Made Stewart look a right prick, what's not to like?

As you said he was made to look like an idiot by Sutton on Wednesday night. Regarding Levein having an influence on the signings Cathro made. But for some strange reason wouldn’t name the person. Like our people in charge would give that little ginger prick the time of day.

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

At first glance I thought they looked further towards the centre of the pitch but comparing to recent match pictures those slabs are exactly in line with the lines.

Given the height of them are they just temporary or are we raising the height of the playing surface?

I would guess that the concrete edgings are being used as reference points to make sure the pitch is absolutely level. Think they'll use laser levelling from side to side and end to end. Mind you, I wouldn't think there would be much scope to get it very wrong - it's not as if we had an Easter Road slope before we dug up the pitch. 

1 minute ago, systemx said:

How does the grass get cut without damaging the plastic fibres?

By using a ‘grass’ cutter!

12 minutes ago, systemx said:

How does the grass get cut without damaging the plastic fibres?

As I understand, the ‘plastic’ is below the ground surface embedded in the grass roots. All that is above ground is the actual natural grass. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

As I understand, the ‘plastic’ is below the ground surface embedded in the grass roots. All that is above ground is the actual natural grass. 

I think I'm right in saying about a cm of fibre is above ground, not enough to get cut though

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think I'm right in saying about a cm of fibre is above ground, not enough to get cut though

"GrassMaster reinforces a 100% natural grass pitch by vertically inserting 20 million polypropylene (PP) fibres into the soil. The 20 cm long PP fibres are injected by computer-controlled machines, 18 cm deep so 2 cm remains above the surface, in a grid about 2 x 2 cm. The natural grass roots entwine with the fibres and grow deeper and wider, building a stronger and healthier rootzone. The PP fibres above the surface ensure an always even and stable surface. GrassMaster can be installed before seeding, after seeding or on grass sods"

3 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Sat in those seats for an early euro tie when the main stand was closed...they are odd seats. If you sit normally on the seat the goal and far corner are blocked but a slight lean to the side and they come in to view...it is only the very end seat, the 2nd column is fine...

image.thumb.png.64fcc17d865efe2dc9dfddd4f252f657.png