Hybrid Pitch

kila

allystrachan

Can’t wait to see the first person to be shoulder barged straight down the slope of the new raised pitch! 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

Can’t wait to see the first person to be shoulder barged straight down the slope of the new raised pitch! 

Wee Harry on Scott Brown would be lovely. Especially if his testicles are removed by a piece of lawnmower left there after he’d ordered us to cut the grass before kick off. 

1 hour ago, systemx said:

three from my seat and one from pitchside today

DSC_1638.JPG

DSC_1639.JPG

DSC_1640.JPG

DSC_1643.JPG

Great pictures!

Although the tractor driver missed a great opportunity to do a massive ****** and balls with the sand. 

Cruyff Turn

I take it the cost of this pitch was mostly down to the amount of aggregates used, 1million quid worth of Sand. Hope Brenda's happy. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I take it the cost of this pitch was mostly down to the amount of aggregates used, 1million quid worth of Sand. Hope Brenda's happy. 

And the drainage and new under soil heating and the synthetics.. looks like it will be magnificent 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And the drainage and new under soil heating and the synthetics.. looks like it will be magnificent 

Indeed, hopefully the football played on it will be even better.

Fxxx the SPFL
57 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This gives me a twinge in my nether regions. 

Magnificent. 

Ye've no pished yet breeks again Jonno.

50 minutes ago, Zico said:

Great pictures!

Although the tractor driver missed a great opportunity to do a massive ****** and balls with the sand. 

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that when seeing the pics :D

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Magnificent. 

I’m not quite feeling the twinge yet but must admit it’s looking quite fair as it goes ?

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that when seeing the pics :D

Great minds, Roberto! 

Pictures taken tonight (Friday) Informed that where the sticks/yellow poles are that these are where the sprinklers are imbedded  

BC495D31-C1CC-40F4-AFD6-DCAEEE2A381F.jpeg

7F4BC9FB-CC8B-45C1-88AB-360F5935C5CC.jpeg

Nice pics Doug ?

In the second pic, the gorgie road end , the seats are on some sort of hydraulic lift for the gorgie suite windows . 

Just wondering if the same could be done at section N for letting in the emergency and maintenance vechiles , thus creating more seats and adding to the capacity. 

Obviously not at the mo due to monies being tied up for other projects . 

jamtartan74
57 minutes ago, novoman said:

Nice pics Doug ?

In the second pic, the gorgie road end , the seats are on some sort of hydraulic lift for the gorgie suite windows . 

Just wondering if the same could be done at section N for letting in the emergency and maintenance vechiles , thus creating more seats and adding to the capacity. 

Only guessing here but in an emergency situation it would take too long for it to be lifted to allow emergency vehicles in, and for around only 50 seats or so it’s not worth it IMO. 

Fxxx the SPFL
10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Naw I leave that sort of activity to yourself, Ray. 

By the way, try and go for a pish next season before kick off, because I am up and doon like a hoor's drawers letting ye oot for a leak.

Mind you, once the seal is broken.....

:tlj:

Ha ha will cut back on the voddies beforehand

John Findlay
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Magnificent. 

Hate to think what a good looking lassie does for you.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hang on. I'll ask my wife. 

She says you do nothing for her:laugh:.

jambos are go!
5 hours ago, novoman said:

Nice pics Doug ?

The hydraulic lift  system was a failed feature incorporated into the Gorgie Stand to allow Corporate guests access(or a viewing platform) from the Gorgie Suite. Think it turned out to be unviable on a few fronts including Health and Safety. It does not ,or did not , provide a tunnel right through the stand. Guess it may be used to store or transit materials and equipment to the pitch using the Macleod Street entrance to the Gorgie Suite or the pitch itself.

Edited by jambos are go!
incomplete

6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Only guessing here but in an emergency situation it would take too long for it to be lifted to allow emergency vehicles in, and for around only 50 seats or so it’s not worth it IMO. 

Old Trafford has this arrangement.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

The hydraulic lift  system was a failed feature incorporated into the Gorgie Stand to allow Corporate guests access(or a viewing platform) from the Gorgie Suite. Think it turned out to be unviable on a few fronts including Health and Safety. It does not ,or did not , provide a tunnel right through the stand. Guess it may be used to store or transit materials and equipment to the pitch using the Macleod Street entrance to the Gorgie Suite or the pitch itself.

It was a novel idea and not sure it makes sense but I don’t think it was ever seen as anything other than allowing a view from the Gorgie Suite when there are no fans in the stadium. 

Jambof3tornado

Any pic updates? Has it been seeded yet?

On a side note, perhaps a sweepstake for the first player to slide tackle and lift a divot, much to the disgust of 17000 fans!!

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

On a side note, perhaps a sweepstake for the first player to slide tackle and lift a divot, much to the disgust of 17000 fans!!

unless that slide tackle takes out scott browns tackle

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I’ll go for Berra 

The Natural Order
On 6/9/2018 at 08:56, jambos are go! said:

What? None of that is true.

jambos are go!
12 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

What? None of that is true.

Its broadly all true I've been in the Gorgie Suite when it was used many years ago.

38 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Its broadly all true I've been in the Gorgie Suite when it was used many years ago.

It's open in the photo taken last week ( a few posts above ) Magoo:laugh:

57 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Every time I've been in the Gorgie suite for something they've had the seats up so folk can see out into the ground

Are you saying there is some purpose it isn't serving that it was originally intended to?

The Natural Order
47 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Eh, no. That area was never designed to have access to the Gorgie Suite nor was it ever designed or used as a viewing platform. It is a system designed to give the Suite a window view of the stadium and some natural daylight when being rented out or used for functions. A use that it has always been used for. In fact on most non matchdays you'll find it in the open position. It was also never designed to be, or has ever been used as, storage space or pitch access. Seriously, it just covers and uncovers the window.

queensferryjambo
On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:56, jambos are go! said:

It is purely a viewing window for guests when games are not on and was designed this way. Not sure it was designed for anything other than that.  Sure there is some info on it in the New 500 Club brochures that were produced prior to building (could be wrong on that but it does ring a bell).

My original point was would it be viable to do this at section N . 

Dunks seems to think it has been done at old Trafford. 

5361A35D-BE46-4493-975A-8B3E517687AD.png

52 minutes ago, novoman said:

For a second I thought that this was the corner of Gorgie and Main and thought :wow::wow:  GREAT job of the control room removal/reduction.

Alas, no.

David McCaig
6 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

I took this photo from the window in question a couple of weeks ago!!

A1D76EEF-86CF-4C21-B01B-85025CE8B39C.jpeg

12 hours ago, novoman said:

Not sure it would be viable,you would need to move 50 odd people from their seats which takes time and in case of emergency on the pitch whatever time makes all the difference.

Maybe Old Trafford has another entry point also.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
14 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Eh, no. That area was never designed to have access to the Gorgie Suite nor was it ever designed or used as a viewing platform. It is a system designed to give the Suite a window view of the stadium and some natural daylight when being rented out or used for functions. A use that it has always been used for. In fact on most non matchdays you'll find it in the open position. It was also never designed to be, or has ever been used as, storage space or pitch access. Seriously, it just covers and uncovers the window.

I think we should market these as premium seats.  When we score, a wee birl in the air.  £1.50 extra per game, with all proceeds going to filling in the cornerz next close season. 

Finlay James

Great photos and excellent progress being made by the club on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, kila said:

From STRI twitter this morning (rootzone done, ready to seed):

DfZXxiTXUAAza2n.thumb.jpg.951ecd6ecba7a62e84dd4286c3f77fa4.jpg

After the seeds are beaded in do the fibers then get added or is that prior to seeding?

Sorry just curious and great pic.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

After the seeds are beaded in do the fibers then get added or is that prior to seeding?

Sorry just curious and great pic.

It can be done either way from what I've read

12 minutes ago, kila said:

Looks incredible! Thank you for sharing.

Have Celtic got the same pitch? I see there’s is completed already so in fact there’s no danger it could be the same!

Pics look fantastic, makes you want the season to start tomorrow (or when the grass has grown) also for this turf, I know it’s petty but does it need to be completely green? I would change the colour as I hate it! 

10 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Have Celtic got the same pitch? I see there’s is completed already so in fact there’s no danger it could be the same!

Pics look fantastic, makes you want the season to start tomorrow (or when the grass has grown) also for this turf, I know it’s petty but does it need to be completely green? I would change the colour as I hate it! 

Celtic did the underground work at the end of last season and put turf on the top, they only had to install the rootzone, seeding and plastic fibres this season, where as we had to all of it.

Will the increased height of the pitch not impact on the views from the lower level seats in the stands ?

Or am I missing something obvious ?

3 minutes ago, primrose said:

Celtic did the underground work at the end of last season and put turf on the top, they only had to install the rootzone, seeding and plastic fibres this season, where as we had to all of it.

Thanks ?

1 hour ago, kila said:

Are we not laying turf with the fibres embedded in it?

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Are we not laying turf with the fibres embedded in it?

I was under the impression we lay the turf then a wee machine sews in the synthetic fibres...

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

I was under the impression we lay the turf then a wee machine sews in the synthetic fibres...

I think both are options.

If we are seeding I just cannot see the turf being fully knitted and established before the start of the season - might be wrong though.