• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Heard Simone away the work on the pitch would be completed over 2 seasons.. what's that all about

What I have heard mentioned before is that as there is so much work to be carried out, not just laying the hybrid pitch but digging down to replace undersoil heating and undersoil that with such a tight time frame two seasons is needed. So this summer, they will replace the undersoil heating and the under soil then put a temporary grass surface on top. Then next summer they will do the hybrid pitch being laid down.

Not heard anything confirming that this is happening.

Jambof3tornado
49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What I have heard mentioned before is that as there is so much work to be carried out, not just laying the hybrid pitch but digging down to replace undersoil heating and undersoil that with such a tight time frame two seasons is needed. So this summer, they will replace the undersoil heating and the under soil then put a temporary grass surface on top. Then next summer they will do the hybrid pitch being laid down.

Not heard anything confirming that this is happening.

You can lay the permanent grass pitch then at a later date inject the hybrid fibres.

Considering our very recent past, the expenditure of £16,000,000 on infrastructure over the last 12 months or so is one of this great club's finest achievements in my view.

This Federation of Hearts is quite good.?

The hybrid pitch at Murrayfield was laid in a single close season period, can't see why it shouldn't be the same at Tynecastle.

Bull's-eye

The Hybrid pitch will drastically alter the way we play football and with the stands pretty much on top of it, we will be a force next season and for many seasons to come. I'm salivating at the prospect.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Considering our very recent past, the expenditure of £16,000,000 on infrastructure over the last 12 months or so is one of this great club's finest achievements in my view.

This Federation of Hearts is quite good.?

Correct.

30 minutes ago, tynewater said:

The hybrid pitch at Murrayfield was laid in a single close season period, can't see why it shouldn't be the same at Tynecastle.

It’s not just the surface though.

new undersoil heating and drainage too. 

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You can lay the permanent grass pitch then at a later date inject the hybrid fibres.

I might be wrong but the way I interpreted what was to happen is the pitch will go down first and then they will lift it again and deal with the undersoil heating and any other pipe work possibly next Summer

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I might be wrong but the way I interpreted what was to happen is the pitch will go down first and then they will lift it again and deal with the undersoil heating and any other pipe work possibly next Summer

Not saying you are wrong but that makes no sense at all. The undersoil heating and drainage is the deep work so it makes sense its done first. If anything isnt done it will be the artificial fibres and they can go down anytime.

if all they were going to do was as you think they would be leaving us with no drainage or undersoil heating for a season. Thats just daft.

Jambof3tornado

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it will be completed in time, hybrid element included.

FarmerTweedy
On 10/05/2018 at 10:23, John Findlay said:

My laddie had the opportunity to train on the pitch at Murrayfield last Thursday evening. As is well documented it is a hybrid pitch. I got speaking to their head groundsman. This is what he said. The Murrayfield pitch is 97% grass and only 3% synthetic which is the thread that knits the roots of the grass together 8 inches below the surface. This is done by a machine which for Murrayfield could do the length of the pitch to a width of 3 metres in approximately 10 hours. So if it was just a case of laying a hybrid pitch, Tynecastle would be done and dusted in a fortnight. It's the re-doing of the undersoil heating and the Base below the hybrid pitch that is the time consuming bit. I have to say the Murrayfield head groundsman thought it would be touch and go to be ready for mid July.  Once again I think we will be at the mercy of the Scottish summer weather. Here is hoping it's a good summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to play our league cup group stage games at Murrayfield or Livingston. If so, so be it. It will be worth it for the end result. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not saying you are wrong but that makes no sense at all. The undersoil heating and drainage is the deep work so it makes sense its done first. If anything isnt done it will be the artificial fibres and they can go down anytime.

if all they were going to do was as you think they would be leaving us with no drainage or undersoil heating for a season. Thats just daft.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, in that it does sound daft. I accept maybe I misinterpreted anything I heard, which in all honesty was relatively basic information, in as much as we would have a new hybrid pitch in place for next season, but still had to look at both installing a new undersoil heating system and all the piping, plus deal with the drainage system. It then went from being done this close season to maybe taking two Summers, and produced thoughts on how that would be achieved. Anyway time for bed, got to be up early tomorrow to get ready and then catch the bus for the game at Kilmarnock.

Edited by portobellojambo1

ford donald
9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to play our league cup group stage games at Murrayfield or Livingston. If so, so be it. It will be worth it for the end result. 

Exactly my thoughts.

One thing is for sure, the investment being made in OUR stadium is nothing short of immense. This truly will be a sports arena unsurpassed in Scotland. No other club in Scotland is as forward thinking as ours I believe, maybe Aberdeen will disagree? There is no place like Tynecastle, and it’s OUR’S. We will most certainly host smaller Scotland games and domestic cup semis again. I’m sure in 2yrs time all the off field shenanigans will be sorted and the revenue will be pumped directly into the playing squad. Truly is exciting times ahead imo. Mon the Famous.

Edited by ShedBoy

Captain Bubblebeard
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

One thing is for sure, the investment being made in OUR stadium is nothing short of immense. This truly will be a sports arena unsurpassed in Scotland. There is no place like Tynecastle, and it’s OUR’S. We will most certainly host smaller Scotland games and domestic cup semis again. I’m sure in 2yrs time all the off field shenanigans will be sorted and the revenue will be pumped directly into the playing squad. Truly is exciting times ahead imo. Mon the Famous.

Anyone know, when hosting other matches how does payment for that work? Is it a set fee received? What about e.g. the hospitality and catering elements?

All Out Attack
10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Possibly. 

This isn't the first time this kind of work has been done at a football club, so I suspect it will come in exactly as per plan. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Anyone know, when hosting other matches how does payment for that work? Is it a set fee received? What about e.g. the hospitality and catering elements?

What was murrayfield? £100k per game? All hospitality and catering profits will surely be extra money in the tail also I’d say?

Phil D. Corners

I just assume we are holding back on the hybrid stiching and using the money to finish stand. Once that’s done and generating money we get the stiching done. 

If we have grass on the pitch we can play. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Possibly. 

This isn't the first time this kind of work has been done at a football club, so I suspect it will come in exactly as per plan. 

Of course it isn't, but the close season isn't nearly as long these days as it used to be. I'm sure it will be ready in time as long as there are no unexpected problems, but I doubt if there's much leeway in the schedule. We'll see in due course, and it won't be a disaster if it does overrun a bit.

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Stephen Muddie

Our home season finished on the 9th of May. On 10th May most of the turf and topsoil was completely dug up. This season our 1st game was v Elgin on 18th July. 10 weeks they've got to do it. It's quite a long time.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't able to do the full scope of work in time. Perhaps maybe the stitching may have to wait but I find this strange unless it's a cost thing.

18grantmc74
On 12/05/2018 at 21:44, portobellojambo1 said:

All done this summer

Lucille's Thirsty
On 09/05/2018 at 23:43, AlimOzturk said:

Heard the BT commentators have pop at us for spending money on a new Pitch rather than invest it in the squad. The mentioned that pitch looked in good shape and today it certainly did. However considering the mud pit it becomes in the winter this is incredibly important. . I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing

You’re correct AO, it was that sarcastic dick Sutton, saying along the line of would you rather invest £1m on a new pitch or a new striker. Which is not a bad question but you just know if we didn’t replace the pitch it would be getting pelters all winter from the same people that seemed to be criticising us for not spending £1m on it. 

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Heartsofgold
16 hours ago, viva hate said:

Good find mate BUT as other have said, a lot will depend on the Scottish Summer weather.  Hopefully we get a good summer with limited downpours so that the work can be completed sharpish and the new pitch gets a chance to 'bed' in before the 1st games are paid on it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

You’re correct AO, it was that sarcastic dick Sutton, saying along the line of would you rather invest £1m on a new pitch or a new striker. Which is not a bad question but you just know if we didn’t replace the pitch it would be getting pelters all winter from the same people that seemed to be criticising us for not spending £1m on it. 

I normally don't mind Sutton, a WUM at worst, but that was the comment of a simpleton

hughesie27

What do the synthetic roots actually do to help the playing surface? With only 5% of the pitch actually plastic how does it help?

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

What do the synthetic roots actually do to help the playing surface? With only 5% of the pitch actually plastic how does it help?

It think it’s to do with the individual grass roots bonding/attaching themselves to the synthetic implants which are 20cm deep. Makes the playing surface much more resilient. 

Unknown user
Just now, hughesie27 said:

The plastic fibres give the natural roots something to grip on to, leading to a much stronger root mass and the pitch will hold up much much better. 

hughesie27
Just now, Smithee said:

The plastic fibres give the natural roots something to grip on to, leading to a much stronger root mass and the pitch will hold up much much better. 

Makes sense. Cheers.

On 5/12/2018 at 18:50, Oliver Twist said:

The Hybrid pitch will drastically alter the way we play football and with the stands pretty much on top of it, we will be a force next season and for many seasons to come. I'm salivating at the prospect.

C'mon Ollie - you're exaggerating of course, raising it's importance to something like that of "a good pre-season". We all know in our heart of hearts that neither are likely to "drastically alter the way we play football" Don't we?

JamboGraham

I agree that drastically alter is unlikely but what it will (hopefully) allow us is much more consistency in the way that we (plan) to play...

With a surface more suited to the EPL rather than the SPL we should hopefully see a consistent approach each week rather than having to worry about the pitch being heavy, or bumpy, etc. from week to week depending on what the weather has thrown at it...

Bull's-eye
38 minutes ago, JohnB said:

C'mon Ollie - you're exaggerating of course, raising it's importance to something like that of "a good pre-season". We all know in our heart of hearts that neither are likely to "drastically alter the way we play football" Don't we?

No, I stand by that, our style of play will drastically change on this type of surface. 

It can be cut as fine as a bowling green surface, an absolute joy to play on. Mark my words. 

8 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

No, I stand by that, our style of play will drastically change on this type of surface. 

It can be cut as fine as a bowling green surface, an absolute joy to play on. Mark my words. 

Won't be a bowling green when Celtic come to town though :whistling:

Bull's-eye
49 minutes ago, kila said:

Be like a Jungle when they come to town.. .. .. .. .. Oh wait a minute :huh:

On 5/13/2018 at 13:21, Phil D. Corners said:

I just assume we are holding back on the hybrid stiching and using the money to finish stand. Once that’s done and generating money we get the stiching done. 

If we have grass on the pitch we can play. 

:oohmatron:

1 hour ago, kila said:

unless we bowl them over

Hopefully Gorgie doesn’t stink like garlic after getting this hybrid pitch. 

Was staying near old Trafford which have the same pitch as we’re getting I’m sure.  Apparently these pitches attract specific parasites and garlic stops them.  Whole of the area absolutely stunk of garlic for about a 2 mile radius :laugh:

Edited by Morph

Just now, Morph said:

Was staying near old Trafford which have the same pitch as we’re getting, apparently these pitches attract specific parasites and garlic stops them.  Whole of the area absolutely stunk of garlic for about a 2 mile radius :laugh:

sadly garlic gets rid of vampires and not zombies

Unknown user
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

sadly garlic gets rid of vampires and not zombies

A little soap does the trick for them though

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Morph said:

Was staying near old Trafford which have the same pitch as we’re getting, apparently these pitches attract specific parasites and garlic stops them.  Whole of the area absolutely stunk of garlic for about a 2 mile radius :laugh:

Before Murrayfield got it's hybrid pitch it had a terrible problem with some sort of worm/bug in the 100% grass pitch. One of the supposed fixes to the bugs was spraying the pitch with garlic water. I think you may be getting confused with the two. 

3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Was staying near old Trafford which have the same pitch as we’re getting I’m sure.  Apparently these pitches attract specific parasites and garlic stops them.  Whole of the area absolutely stunk of garlic for about a 2 mile radius :laugh:

Imagine if the stadium still reeked for the first game

Maybe Hearts could sell maroon nose pegs, money going to the stadium redevelopment fund

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Morph said:

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Before Murrayfield got it's hybrid pitch it had a terrible problem with some sort of worm/bug in the 100% grass pitch. One of the supposed fixes to the bugs was spraying the pitch with garlic water. I think you may be getting confused with the two. 

Both normal and hybrid pitches are soil and grass, but the hybrids add plastic fibres to the mix. I don't know the details of this but if I was a betting man I'd say both were just as likely to be victims of this critter and that being a hybrid wouldn't make much difference. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Smithee said:

Both normal and hybrid pitches are soil and grass, but the hybrids add plastic fibres to the mix. I don't know the details of this but if I was a betting man I'd say both were just as likely to be victims of this critter and that being a hybrid wouldn't make much difference. 

Fair point both have soil and grass roots (which is what they feed on I think).