• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll check for gg on .net because I strongly suspect that we haven't secured the required horticulture planning consent from the cooncil.

Clerry Jambo
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'll check for gg on .net because I strongly suspect that we haven't secured the required horticulture planning consent from the cooncil.

Apparently don't have permission for the bar either:nojustno:

Scott brown is bumping his gums again about pitches and that there should be a standard and they are all the same. He is complaining that some teams don't cut it to the right length or water it.

12 hours ago, novoman said:

Hibs.net are all over this already my pics from yesterday are up on the new stand thread . Bunch of sad mothers . 

I had to go and have a wee look at what they were saying. It's made my morning reading that.

A forum full of experts, apparently.

25 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I had to go and have a wee look at what they were saying. It's made my morning reading that.

A forum full of experts, apparently.

Full of utter rodents, fact!

57 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Scott brown is bumping his gums again about pitches and that there should be a standard and they are all the same. He is complaining that some teams don't cut it to the right length or water it.

Was it not pointed out that Celtic only the water the half of the pitch they're attacking?

7 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Can't stop watching that, amazing stuff :lol:

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Maybe he needs to speak to his own employers, as I was reading something online this morning that Celtic are now in the process of installing the exact same type of pitch as we are (with an identical cost of £1.5 million).

Bull's-eye

Stones, STONES, ****IN STONES ?????

You don't play football on stones, wtf is going on ????

Oooooooooot everyone.

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Stones, STONES, ****IN STONES ?????

You don't play football on stones, wtf is going on ????

Oooooooooot everyone.

Before you jump the gun, at least wait until Brendan & Browny have their say eh?

Sheesh!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

I thought the Rolling Stones were coming to Murrayfield. I must have got that wrong :)

56 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Maybe he needs to speak to his own employers, as I was reading something online this morning that Celtic are now in the process of installing the exact same type of pitch as we are (with an identical cost of £1.5 million).

PJ, Ann said in an interview this week that our pitch was costing just under £1m. Not sure if it was the stv or Barry Anderson interview though.

Bull's-eye
37 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Before you jump the gun, at least wait until Brendan & Browny have their say eh?

Sheesh!

I've heard tarmac is going down next so Leveeen can actually park the bus.

portobellojambo1
33 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

PJ, Ann said in an interview this week that our pitch was costing just under £1m. Not sure if it was the stv or Barry Anderson interview though.

I had a figure of £1.5 million in my head, not sure if that figure includes the additional work we are doing beneath the surface of the park as well mind you. Can't even remember where I read or heard that figure.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The grass is the wrong shade of green. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Water it... 

It's naw ****ing africa ya idiot. 

Probably the wrong shade of green as well for the arse hole. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

I've heard tarmac is going down next so Leveeen can actually park the bus.

BOOOOOO!!!!!1!!1!!!1111!!

BOARING LHUVEEEN OOT!!!"1!!!!1!!!!!

The layers will be something like this. The gravel layer is for drainage with pipes above the membrane, the pipes also have a membrane and the pipes will have holes in them so the water seeps through the membrane into the pipe,  the gravel is too big so this only allows the water through into then pipe and away. The membrane below is to keep the gravel separated from the soil.

Its a typical format for land drainage. 

Hybrid layers.jpg

Edited by primrose

Know it's been discussed previously but is the work being spread over 2 summers or are they cramming it all into this summer?

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Know it's been discussed previously but is the work being spread over 2 summers or are they cramming it all into this summer?

It's all this year, AB said in recent interviews that it should be ready for the League Cup games in mid-July

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's all this year, AB said in recent interviews that it should be ready for the League Cup games in mid-July

Great, thanks for confirming

Will the pitch stand up to a Ben Garuccio sliding tackle in July? Boy might need benched until the groundsman says he can play!!

johnking123

The way they are progressing. Would not be surprised if ready for seeding next week. Don't know if seeding first or injecting the fibers first though.

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

D64746E3-C96B-4498-9498-7CD99B19691B.jpeg

Jesus, look at that. I never really appreciated both how deep the sprinkler system went, and how hard that ground was. It looks like concrete ffs? Safe to say this upgrade was well overdue...

41 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

That wins the award for most boring video of all time. 

You wanted the gravel to win, didn’t you? :lol:

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Bez said:

You wanted the gravel to win, didn’t you? :lol:

:D

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

The way they are progressing. Would not be surprised if ready for seeding next week. Don't know if seeding first or injecting the fibers first though.

Is it being seeded or turf?

12 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It is interesting when you look over there.  The guy cropleywasgod posts facts in an emotionless fashion.  The dropkicks hate him because they have just enough intelligence to recognise that this guy has an IQ.

And it so happens that Cropley was an outstanding player.  No doubt he couldn't wait to get away from the Giro but I can't remember where he went.

johnking123
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is it being seeded or turf?

That's another question. Guess the could turf it then a couple of weeks later inject it. But believe it works better seeded. 

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Scott Brown will be along to complain the stones are too big. They'll hurt Celtic players feet.

I hope we will have the common courtesy to have Broony along to inspect it when it is complete.  He can provide valuable advice on grass length and watering before 17 year old Harry takes the piss out of him again.

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

But theirs will be better..........just because