New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Holyrood_Hearts

It's not great. I think more clarification on intended cost increase, unintended cost increase and funding sources would help people ease their minds about it.

Sadly we may have been as well saving some dough by keeping Cathro this season as it is a bit of a wrote off anyway and got ourselves into a position to really hit the ground running next season.

This season's a right off already? FFS we've hardly started.

It's been a really bad start but cmon, we need to make the best of what it is, back the new manager when he comes in & support the players away from home, Murrayfield & Tynecastle.

I'm happy we aren't rushing things to get the stand ready in such a short time.

This way all the work is done at a proper pace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unknown user

Honestly? We're going to have nine out of the first twelve away, with AWFUL recent away form. We'll have three at murrayfield, which will cost six figures to rent over the three games, not to mention the other finances - the overspend, the extra wages that two months work adds.

I'm getting worried that the costs are going to rise further and leave us with millions of debt, there's been a real lack of reassurance on that topic

The Future's Maroon

haha, it did cross my mind.

Firstly, against the rules to have multiple accounts and secondly can you imagine how much grief a 'new' poster giving info on the stand would get the way this place is at the moment.

As said, I am just a fan on this thread now, I have said a few things which I shouldn't have previously, I should have realised myself but the fan in me makes it hard not to comment when I see things said that are incorrect.

I'm going on radio silence and let the club make any announcements.

Just to clarify and clear my name of any accusations/abuse (which may have already been said as not read all the latest posts after my comment), yes the guy I was speaking with regarding the H&S cert was from a company who manage sites rather than actually being the main contractor, he referred to them as being the main contractor and was checking details regarding the meeting a week past Thursday.

The last, most recent info I heard, was what I'd said about the H&S meeting and timescales was all looking ok, tight but would be manageable.

When I mentioned earlier that a colleague at work pulled me up after I posted on here, I was also told about the actual delay and that I should remove my post because an announcement was imminent, he was trying to save my blushes....it failed :rofl:

been here before

Quite surprised it's that delayed.

Honestly? Stevie Wonder could have looked at that stand and its progress from the Newcastle to the East Fife to the Dunfermline game and see it wouldnt be ready.

Try telling that to Thomasso & his employees who have been bursting a gut on the facade for the last few weeks!! Only joking by the way, I'm sure he is a proud man despite the pressures of the timescales & a few of the daft comments aimed in his direction on JKB.

Agree with your sentiments, what will be, will be.......still looking forward to the new stand opening, albeit my Bank A/C will take a bit of a hit until November......then a nice break until Xmas

...and it will be done properly.If it was open in a rush and not finished to a good standard it would never have looked finished.

davemclaren

Can we try and stick to progress updates on this thread and not get bogged down in the announced delay. There is another thread for that.

Cheers

Well I might as well get it out the way - I'm concerned that this build is now over budget and running very late, which in itself will add more in wages alone.

I really hope it doesn't get out of control.

I spoke to Ann tonight and ask that very question. The Budget overrun has not been affected by the delay. Others works will continue as planned and as the roof is nearly finished works that were planned there will be on schedule.

There's no main contractor, mate. Hardies, who are managing the job on behalf of the club are a construction management company.

I've also a meeting on site tomorrow where I will become even more ITK than I currently am at the moment. Being right ITK and no telling anyone is barry likes.

Were you bullied at school?

Stephen Muddie

Lost hours of my life on that site!

My dad is retired but works odd jobs to keep himself busy and away from the bookies I guess. A young lassie at his work asked him if he went to WHEC.

"WHEC? FFS when I was at high school there was no Wester Hailes!"

+1 for love of old maps scullfeck

On topic, I need to not be on here for pure hours n that. Has there been an announcement officially that we are late and by how much we are over budget... sorry , I mean how much extra we have chosen to spend? If that's your kind of argument anyway.

You mugs can argue all you want, the more we spend the longer it takes to see the benefit. I'm starting to doubt some benefits if I'm allowed to express that feeling.

My dad is retired but works odd jobs to keep himself busy and away from the bookies I guess. A young lassie at his work asked him if he went to WHEC.

"WHEC? FFS when I was at high school there was no Wester Hailes!"

+1 for love of old maps scullfeck

On topic, I need to not be on here for pure hours n that. Has there been an announcement officially that we are late and by how much we are over budget... sorry , I mean how much extra we have chosen to spend? If that's your kind of argument anyway.

You mugs can argue all you want, the more we spend the longer it takes to see the benefit. I'm starting to doubt some benefits if I'm allowed to express that feeling.

What benefits are you doubting ?

Lucille's Thirsty

So our first game at Tynecastle Park will be the 4th November against Kilmarnock.

That get the baws pumping eh.

Oh dear oh dear....

So many; ITK, I should know, I work onsite, my best friend works onsite, I know the contractor / builders, etc., who spend a large part of their day posting information on here - must be a big distraction from doing the day job - impacting on completion on time?!!

Mars plastic

Were you bullied at school?

If you read that and thought I was being serious I would suggest you were bullied at school.

samcdonald22

My only regret is that some of the bollocks on this thread is going to go on a wee bit longer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mars plastic knows nothing.

Not true im afraid.....MP has quite rightly decided that it isnt worth the public flogging that Thomaso gets when he has info from the build. Edited by Jamboelite

So about 4 weeks before completion of this phase, they finally announce, WHOOPS, we're 2 months behind schedule ! I had a lot more faith in our management team than they justified.

I never bought a season ticket to watch shit at Murrayfield, just didn't realise it was going tobe so shit at Tynecastle (if we ever get there?)

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

You have to laugh a bit, external east elevation looks great. Typical Edinburgh (I'm Edinburgh born and bred and love my town deeply) "all fur coat and nae knickers"

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

Bad Religion

Not true im afraid.....MP has quite rightly decided that it isnt worth the public flogging that Thomaso gets when he has info from the build.

:rofl:

Thomaso claims to be ITK, I'm only quoting what i'm being told by a friend who is working on site.

And i'm made to believe it isn't just a week behind schedule either.

But time will tell.

Opening 8 weeks later

The contractors have been bursting a gut to get it finished on time.

The facts are that the project was totally unrealistic in terms of budget and timescale.

Edited by Lambo85

Cut The Crap

The facts are that the project was totally unrealistic in terms of budget and timescale.

Yes, bad planning. I wonder why nobody told them at the start. Why were the budget and timescale agreed to?

Yes, bad planning. I wonder why nobody told them at the start. Why were the budget and timescale agreed to?

Because it seemed achievable?

Sometimes things are unpreventable. Weather, materials, unforeseen circumstances. It doesn't matter what size of project it is either - look at the Queensferry crossing due to open this month a year and a bit later (and close again from what I've heard!)

alwaysthereinspirit

Realistically when could it have been started and not have cut into a part of a season? Summer is the longest period of no football and still couldn't be done. The stand will be there for many years. 2 extra months is not the end of the world. It'll be the best main stand in Scotland when completed. Well worth the wait.

Cut The Crap

Realistically when could it have been started and not have cut into a part of a season? Summer is the longest period of no football and still couldn't be done. The stand will be there for many years. 2 extra months is not the end of the world. It'll be the best main stand in Scotland when completed. Well worth the wait.

It was always going to cut into the playing season. What I'm saying is that those involved should have realised much sooner it was going to take much longer than originally agreed. It the November date had been programmed from the start, nobody would be batting an eyelid today. As it is, we look like we're in a bit of disarray off the field as well as on it.

Those closely involved with this ?11m (or is it ?12m or ?14m?) project are quick to point out this isn't a bag of the fag packet operation. Sorry, but increasingly it's looking like that's exactly what it is.

Please read my post #16181

It was always going to cut into the playing season. What I'm saying is that those involved should have realised much sooner it was going to take much longer than originally agreed. It the November date had been programmed from the start, nobody would be batting an eyelid today. As it is, we look like we're in a bit of disarray off the field as well as on it.

Those closely involved with this ?11m (or is it ?12m or ?14m?) project are quick to point out this isn't a bag of the fag packet operation. Sorry, but increasingly it's looking like that's exactly what it is.

Thanks, I'll pass that down the line to the guys on site.

From being at last night's FoH governance consultation meeting where Ann Budge spoke my impression was the weather was not a deal breaking reason. She said they have been working overtime. Its the shipping issue.

She also said the rest of the facilities will be much more ready for the first game. She said she would issue a further statement with more detail in due course.

She also said while she knew last Friday she wanted to clarify all the issues before issuing yesterday's statement.

Edited by Mikey1874

Bowmans_Boot

I think it has been very poorly planned in general and the funding most certainly very poorly planned.

Thanks, I'll pass that down the line to the guys on site.

get back to work man :lol:

When we pump the Hobos 4-1 on December 27th in front of 20,500 under the floodlights it'll all be worth it.

That's in your opinion. Your facts are your own and do not relate to the project. Thankfully we have professional, fully qualified Experianced people in charge of the whole project. Edited by Dannie Boy

Montgomery Brewster

When we pump the Hobos 4-1 on December 27th in front of 20,500 under the floodlights it'll all be worth it.

Correct . Get it up them !

FTH

FarmerTweedy

It doesn't look remotely like that.

The reality is that a plan was drawn up which could have had the stand ready and operational (in terms of the basic facilities) for the Aberdeen game if everything had gone without a hitch. Contingency plans were drawn up and agreed with the relevant parties in the event of hitches being encountered. The club publicly announced that those plans were in place. Hitches have been encountered, and the contingency plans are being invoked.

The reality will, of course, not stop people who are keen to have a go at the club hierarchy from doing so, even when they've no justification for it.

The Treasurer

Perhaps you should put your user name into practice

Bowmans_Boot

It doesn't look remotely like that.

The reality is that a plan was drawn up which could have had the stand ready and operational (in terms of the basic facilities) for the Aberdeen game if everything had gone without a hitch. Contingency plans were drawn up and agreed with the relevant parties in the event of hitches being encountered. The club publicly announced that those plans were in place. Hitches have been encountered, and the contingency plans are being invoked.

The reality will, of course, not stop people who are keen to have a go at the club hierarchy from doing so, even when they've no justification for it.

The planning of the funding was horrendous. Just how short are we now?

I think it has been very poorly planned in general and the funding most certainly very poorly planned.

:laugh: 

The demolition of the old social buildings, the truss being delivered, assembled and hoisted into place, the new stand being constructed right up to the old stand while letting the old stand still be used for games etc.

Yeah, it's been piss poor planning right enough! :laugh:

Bad Religion

You also think You're Jamie Walkers best mate.

Let's be abundantly clear what has caused this delay.

1 shipping of the seats (already made) from China. That's out with the control of anyone here.

Some steel from South Korea . Once again out with our control.

Other aspects of the construction continue are per normal.

There will be no impact on the cost other what Ann Has already announced.

On the contrary, I would argue that the funding has been phenomenal to date. We're going to have a wonderful new stand and only need to find a couple of million extra to pay for it.

The same amount Ann previously mentioned. Nothing has changed since then.