Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

Getintaethem

Great news!

But why is it not announced yet? Why delay it if it is a done deal?

Maybe waiting for his arrival for the scarf above head pic.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the mhanks selling Mathews hope they don't look at stealing Juwon as a replacement :(

Let's get the scarf above the head Hearts :)

Matthews is a right back Juwon is a left back.

3fingersreid

Mathews is a right back,theyve replaced him with Janko.

Cheers ( and wavy Davy ) , just don't trust these mhanky *******s tho

Relax. The guy will be back in Nigeria sorting out his visa and air tickets. I expect him to sign next week.

Relax. The guy will be back in Nigeria sorting out his visa and air tickets. I expect him to sign next week.

If you say so :/

tartofmidlothian

DON'T JUWON ME BABY?!!!11!1!

Or are we not doing a song for him?

:rofl:

we're not a selling club.

Never have been and never will be.

We are signing players to benefit ourselves, to try and build a winning team but we aren't different from any other club of our size and stature in the game that if we have success we'll attract attention and possibly lose players...when has it never been like that?

Ann Budge, CL and RN aren't rubbing their hands with glee thinking about making a few million in a couple of years. Their aim is to make Hearts as good a football team as they possibly can achieve.

Of course, the spin offs come with success but under Vlad you could say there was an element of "selling club" attitude because the structure fell away behind the scenes and he was only interested in selling on players without a plan to compensate for this.

Erm, we are a selling club.

Cheers ( and wavy Davy ) , just don't trust these mhanky *******s tho

Quite right neither do I .

Jamboelite

I see there is a quote from him in a Nigerian paper saying it will be tied up next week as he is now back in Nigeria but they have verbally agreed a deal for 3 years and his agent is putting all the paperwork together.

tynietigers

i believe!!

And so you should ;) the deal is all but done just waiting on Tuesday I'm led to believe , to many pant wetter's the 100% will be when he puts a signature on that bit of paper . Believe I think they say lol

Hungry hippo

Juwon, we've fecking signed Juwon. (to the 5-1 tune).

Erm, we are a selling club.

Erm, na....

In attitude or just the environment that dictates it? 

Do you see Hearts doing a Dundee Utd in the future and selling their two best players mid-season to the strongest team in Scotland because they are a "selling club"?

Bert Le Clos

Juwon, we've fecking signed Juwon. (to the 5-1 tune).

Must try harder.

Trollface.png

Erm, na....

In attitude or just the environment that dictates it?

Do you see Hearts doing a Dundee Utd in the future and selling their two best players mid-season to the strongest team in Scotland because they are a "selling club"?

I hope, if we sell to a rival, we add a premium to the transfer fee.

We have made it clear we want players who have ambitions to play at a higher level than where we are. That suggests that we want to improve players, then move them on

In other words, we are a selling club. Selling a player to a team other than Celtic does not change that.

jimmy the jambo

What about this belter from grease the movie?

You're the Juwon we want,oo oo oo.

Carl Spackler

Is this to be a loan deal or is it a case of Juwon's Left Back, Juwon's Left Back, Juwon's Left Back for Good?

Is this to be a loan deal or is it a case of Juwon's Left Back, Juwon's Left Back, Juwon's Left Back for Good?

I'm enjoying these.

Juwon Oshaniwa, Juwon Oshaniwa, he's loving it, loving it, loving it, he's loving it like this!

FarmerTweedy

What about this belter from grease the movie?

You're the Juwon we want,oo oo oo.

I think "You're Juwon that we want" would work better!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Hit me baby juwon more time!

Well...

You could also put Atletico Madrid and Southampton. Being a selling club can bring success to a team as long as you have the structure to replace players and a playing set-up where the style stays the same so players are brought in to play that not the other way round.

Also there in Porto and Southampton you have the two extremes of how to be a successful selling clubs.

Porto buying South Americans in bulk, so say they sign 10 South americans, they would expect 4 not to make it, another 4 to go on for smaller amounts (say between ?1m and ?5m) and 2 to go for 10 figure sums. You may have paid ?12m for those 10 players but selling a few will bring that back. In a decade from 2003 they ?342m profit alone of player transfers.

Southampton on the other hand are more meticulous with their transfer dealings. Every time they need a new player for the first team they will analyse all possible targets from across the world in minute detail to know they have the ideal signing but they also look at their youth set-up to see if there is a player among their youth ranks who can do the job or be grown into the role to do the job. This is all done in their famous black box. So the player they get in or promote is perfect for the team, to give Southampton the best chance on the pitch and with the team doing well it attracts wealthier clubs who will pick up some of their players. So Southampton do the whole process again and always keep one step ahead. That is why last summer, when they lost so many players they were not affected, because the new players were chosen to match the team's set up.

I think for us we are trying to do the Southampton way on a budget. We dont have the resources to pick any player we want if they fit our scouting, we cant afford the expensive equipment (including multiple cameras on each training pitch to record every minute of training and games at the training centre) nor the multiple full time analysts that Southampton employ to go over hundreds of potential targets. But we can be wise within our market. Getting players in who, like Southampton, are fully researched and leaves us knowing the player will fit in perfectly with the system. Players who might have been out of our league but persistence in trying can pay off. Always keeping a shortlist of potential replacements for our most likely sold players (be it getting players outside the club or promoting from within.) Be smarter to be more successful.

One thing I do wonder is what happens with the transfer fees we would get from selling a player. So say we sold Jamie Walker next summer for ?3m. What will happen to that? Under Romanov we never knew where it went, probably swallowed up in our huge running costs. I doubt we would use it for big money signings as the key is always live within our means so a big money signing means a big wage that we would be unlikely to sustain for more than a season. Do we keep it in an investment pot, to be used to invest throughout the club? One thing I hope we will do is whenever we sell a player who has come through the academy, that a percentage of that money goes back to the academy. So in this Walker example, say 33% goes back to the academy, so ?1m. Of that ?500k should be kept aside to be used in signing youth players (where you normally have to pay a compensation fee to another club.) The problem we have had in the past is that because of the fees, we cant look to get the best players into the academy at a young age if they are at another club, so you have to wait for players to be released and pick them up that way. Only really Celtic are able to pay these fees. So reinvesting money from selling a former academy player means we can recruit top talent earlier which comes through the system, plays well at first team level and then sold on again where part of transfer fee again goes to signing another potential future star or stars.

Good post. The only thing I'd add is that any incoming transfer fees will probably be put towards funding a new main stand / stadium in the short to medium term.

luckyBatistuta

He flies up the wing

And he's up for a ruck

He telt the Celtic

Tae get tae f c u k

Ooooo Ju Ju Won Won

Ooooo Ju Ju Won Won

Ju Ju Won Won Won

Ju Ju Won Won

To the tune of "do do ron ron ron" obviously

In May we can sing:

**** you Celtic, the Hearts Juwon the league, the Hearts Juwon the league, the Hearts Juwon the league.......

Watt-Zeefuik

Anyway Juwon it

Oshinawa needs it

Anyway Juwon it

Oooooohh

(the Journey song obv.)

eddiepolio

Juwon-a be in my gang, my gang, my gang, juwon-a be in my gang, oh yeah!

Maybe not..........

WorldChampions1902

If Celtic sign him we'll be singing, "they call me Juwonderer, Yeah Juwonderer............".

luckyBatistuta

Maybe not..........

Think if Celtit football club were to sign him, they would definitely like this little ditty.

King prawn

Anyway Juwon it

Oshinawa needs it

Anyway Juwon it

Oooooohh

(the Journey song obv.)

This deserves more recognition!  :yas:

Hungry hippo

Maybe not..........

The 'c'mon c'mon' bit sung as Juwon Juwon would be really good.

It's never going to happen though Gary Glitter really didn't think through his actions and the devastating consequences it could have on our song options.

DON'T JUWON WANT SOMEBODY TO LOVE, DON'T YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE

eddiepolio

This is why I hate 90% of Hearts fans.

Because you're jealous of our artistic flair? I'm humbled.

Ryan Jarman

:wiggo:

Rudolf's Mate

You should know well by now that JKB ain't a true representation of Hearts support ;)

Archived