Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

jamboinglasgow

Back on topic, one thing I didn't realise about Oshaniwa was that Celtic interest him first came from January 2013 and then was repeated in January this year. I thought it was only this January.but it shows they have had an eye on him for a while.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/209276-god-has-the-final-say-as-juwon-oshaniwa-confirms-celtic-transfer-talks/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30911879

Then again, there is the slight concern that in both cases it him who is claiming this.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DON'T JUWON WANT SOMEBODY TO LOVE, DON'T YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE

Had this in my head earlier, beat me to it :thumbsup: minus the want though

jambo mark

DON'T JUWON ME BABY?!!!11!1!

Ju Ju Won Won Won Ju Ju Won Won

JU-WON OSH-IN-IWA!!

OSH-IN-IWA-WOAOH

Watt-Zeefuik

Alternately for the Jefferson Airplane one,

"Don't Juwan some Oshinawa,

Don't you need some Oshinawa." 

tartofmidlothian

Back on topic, one thing I didn't realise about Oshaniwa was that Celtic interest him first came from January 2013 and then was repeated in January this year. I thought it was only this January.but it shows they have had an eye on him for a while.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/209276-god-has-the-final-say-as-juwon-oshaniwa-confirms-celtic-transfer-talks/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30911879

Then again, there is the slight concern that in both cases it him who is claiming this.

But it was Lennon who was interested last time, maybe his agent was just shaking the tree again this year.

mainstandjambo

any updates on this today in the world of Twitter/news sites?

I think sorting out his visa is the only thing holding up his arrival.

any updates on this today in the world of Twitter/news sites?

There was some quotes yesterday that he hopes to be in the UK over the next couple of weeks!!!!!!!!So not expecting anything imminent although would be nice to have a

Klaxon.

We_are_the_Hearts

The longer it goes the more it seems likely that the news of signing witbus was leaked to alert other teams

Teuchterjambo

The longer it goes the more it seems likely that the news of signing witbus was leaked to alert other teams

i hope you are wrong but fear you may be right ... integrity in the world of footballers and their agents is in scarce supply and this scenario would not surprise me one little bit.

the general

I really do not think that is the case in this instance

I understood that he was getting his visa sorted last week and he would be over this week. 

Dalstonjambo

I understood that he was getting his visa sorted last week and he would be over this week. 

Agreed. I posted an article where he said as much in an interview. Basically it was all done, work permit agreed and he just needed a visa to travel over. I know from people I work with this isn't something that is solved in a few hours. I don't think we need to panic yet.

Also given the style of our management team, they wouldn't have acknowledged interest unless they thought it was done or there was any risk of us losing him.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I can imagine Robbie wooing him with "You're Juwon that I want", seeing that he knows Greece so well.

:facepalm:

I'm getting impatient now...........Kidding hopefully he's worth waiting for,could be like Hibs and start creaming over signing a 33 year old keeper freed by Killie,gotta

wait for quality as Levein stated.

Am I the only one that keep thing about Mrs Doyle?

tumblr_mluedxOzC31qgf1i8o1_500.gif

Would like to pump the hibees Oshaniwa?

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

heartmussel

Am I the only one that keep thing about Mrs Doyle?

Or Nick Cottons wife?

tumblr_mluedxOzC31qgf1i8o1_500.gif

Would like to pump the hibees Oshaniwa?

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Ju-won

Agreed. I posted an article where he said as much in an interview. Basically it was all done, work permit agreed and he just needed a visa to travel over. I know from people I work with this isn't something that is solved in a few hours. I don't think we need to panic yet.

Also given the style of our management team, they wouldn't have acknowledged interest unless they thought it was done or there was any risk of us losing him.

Wish I was still there - had loads of mates in the visa section, could have had it pushed maybe!!!!!!  He could have been joining in our Tuesday fives at the High Commission to keep in tune!

CollyWolly

I think sorting out his visa is the only thing holding up his arrival.

Have we done a medical ?

Everything is done, just a hold up with his visa. Once he arrives in the UK he will sign a three year deal :thumbsup:

Jamboelite

Have we done a medical ?

The article noted that he had been over and went back to Nigeria leaving the details with his agent so I would assume it was done then ?

By all accounts tomorrow/Wed it was being announced with no panic or hidden agenda behind it just timing.

Clerry Jambo

Everything is done, just a hold up with his visa. Once he arrives in the UK he will sign a three year deal :thumbsup:

:pleasing:

Head of the visa section in Abuja was a Celtic fan when I was there!  Think he's gone now though....

Wonder if Juwon has a brother called Fivewon

:lol: LOL.... nearly spat my coffee over my laptop. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I can imagine Robbie wooing him with "You're Juwon that I want", seeing that he knows Greece so well.

:facepalm:

:lol: I was wondering when you were going to get in on the action.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Wonder if Juwon has a brother called Fivewon

No but I believe he has a brother called Should da been Tenwon

I'm starting to get the fear about this deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic jumped in at the last moment. Which would ramp up the happy atmosphere at games between us and them.

I'm not sure on how these things are done but if this boy does well for us this thread should be in the classics just for the song tributes!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic jumped in at the last moment. Which would ramp up the happy atmosphere at games between us and them.

Said the same last week. I agree with a previous poster who said it feels like the details were released by the agent to try and get Celtic to come back in for him.

Said the same last week. I agree with a previous poster who said it feels like the details were released by the agent to try and get Celtic to come back in for him.

With quotes from Robbie?

Chill mate the deal is done.

Hungry hippo

Be patient everyone and I'm sure the klaxon will sound soon.

Remember you can't always get quick Juwon but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

Watt-Zeefuik

I've been figuring on Tuesday since last week.  If we still have nothing by this time tomorrow, I'll start worrying.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

With quotes from Robbie?

Not sure what you mean, dude. I am not claiming ITK or privy to facts, just that in my own (likely panicky head) I worry that this is dragging on a little without an air-tight favourable resolution, while word of our interest and attempts to get the deal done have been in the public arena for longer than I'd be comfortable with without conclusion. The fact Celtic have shown interest in him doesn't help my nerves either.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Be patient everyone and I'm sure the klaxon will sound soon.

Remember you can't always get quick Juwon but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

:lol:

tartofmidlothian

Did someone not point out the other week that the team which applies for the permit haa to be the one he signs for? They could still hijack the deal, but they'd have to go back to scratch with the application. That he's applied with us suggests he intends to go through with the deal.

Brutal truth time. I'd say 9 times out of 10 if Celtic wanted to gazump us to a player we were in for with bigger wages, bigger crowds, European football and a genuine chance of medals, they could do it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Did someone not point out the other week that the team which applies for the permit haa to be the one he signs for? They could still hijack the deal, but they'd have to go back to scratch with the application. That he's applied with us suggests he intends to go through with the deal.

Brutal truth time. I'd say 9 times out of 10 if Celtic wanted to gazump us to a player we were in for with bigger wages, bigger crowds, European football and a genuine chance of medals, they could do it.

Closer to 10/10 Times ToM. I doubt going back to the start of a work permit application would bother Celtic, either. Not saying it will happen, just that it FEELS (and based on nothing other than my own feelings) like his agent is dragging his heels in the hope of Celtic swooping at the last second. As I said though, probably just my own suspicious mind.

The People's Chimp

Sadly the immigration system, particularly in this age of cuts and outsourcing, isn't geared up to the needs of business, including businesses like Hearts, no matter how quickly they want to process a visa application. 

The People's Chimp

Closer to 10/10 Times ToM. I doubt going back to the start of a work permit application would bother Celtic, either. Not saying it will happen, just that it FEELS (and based on nothing other than my own feelings) like his agent is dragging his heels in the hope of Celtic swooping at the last second. As I said though, probably just my own suspicious mind.

His agent IIRC is Ladi Salami, who is gomis and buaben's agent. Decent relationship with levein, I can't see him stirring this one up. 

Archived