Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

ROBBIE NEILSON insists he has no problem with ambitious imports like Juanma Delgado using Hearts as a springboard to the English Premier League.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-being-stepping-stone-no-problem-for-boss-1-3817065

:arry:                  I am so shocked by this news I'm going to have to lie down!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm just letting things worry me needlessly, but I really want this one tied up pronto now. Until he's signed, I'm worried about being gazumped by the filth. :unsure:

the general

I'm just letting things worry me needlessly, but I really want this one tied up pronto now. Until he's signed, I'm worried about being gazumped by the filth. :unsure:

could he be travelling to Dublin ........................ ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

could he be travelling to Dublin ........................ ?

Ooft, dunno. Hope so.

Would he fancy fighting with izaguirre for left back though? That's assuming the filth actually make a last ditch effort to get him

Done deal!

Welcome Juwon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source?

I know he is meant to have this great pedigree but based on my albeit very limited knowledge (his CV so far and YouTube clips) I'm pretty underwhelmed. Obviously I hope he turns out to be cracking and just have to trust RN and CL on this one

I know he is meant to have this great pedigree but based on my albeit very limited knowledge (his CV so far and YouTube clips) I'm pretty underwhelmed. Obviously I hope he turns out to be cracking and just have to trust RN and CL on this one

Deary me mate,you should give up on football.

31E38319-3173-4A69-9AA3-39157278640E_zps

Best I can do right now!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Really? I thought the Juanma video showed a surprisingly poor standard of football overall (opposition defenders mainly), and so find myself in the wait and see camp there, albeit tempered slightly by the very encouraging words from Neilson at training. Juwon looks absolutely outstanding from his video, I thought. Funny how we all see things differently! :lol:

loveofthegame

Interesting. Potentially pretty major signing, and finally the world cup star Vlad always promised us!!!!!!!!

A fairly uninspiring club career to date but did play in all of Nigeria's WC games, which I hadn't realised.

Here is hoping he is the real deal.

babertonjambo

31E38319-3173-4A69-9AA3-39157278640E_zps

Best I can do right now!

I'll believe it when it is announced by the club!

I dont know how you can watch his clip and not be thinking we've scooped a good player (if he signs) strong runner who can whip a ba' in

Verbally agreed it says,until he's in his Hearts kit its no a done deal.haha.

Really? I thought the Juanma video showed a surprisingly poor standard of football overall (opposition defenders mainly), and so find myself in the wait and see camp there, albeit tempered slightly by the very encouraging words from Neilson at training. Juwon looks absolutely outstanding from his video, I thought. Funny how we all see things differently! :lol:

Yup.

I was more impressed by Juwon's clips than Juanma's.

sandylejambo

Absolutely - there are very few players who don't settle at Hearts, and who don't fall in love with Edinburgh. Add that to the professional way we are operating, the fan fervour and the new Heriot Watt facilities. We are a great attraction and hard to leave.

says the guy who left to live in Seven Oaks

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

On returning from World Cup duty he asked Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari, if he would consider changing the colour of Nigeria's flag. He said "President, our flag is a beautiful flag for a beautiful country, however, because of Hibs the colours green and white are associated failure, delusion and heroin addiction"

Alright, who's the wikipedia bandit?

No comment.

tartofmidlothian

:yas:

Welcome, Juwon's work permit! I for one can't wait to see it filed in a drawer at Tynecastle somewhere.

Prince Buaben

I'll believe it when it is announced by the club!

Until he is on the pitch with the scarf above the head :spoton:

BRAVEHEART1874

He can play at both left back and centre back :)

Deary me mate,you should give up on football.

Why? Because I'm not overly excited by the signing. My point was he his getting talked up coz he has been at a World Cup but I'm only saying I hope he lives up to expectations. Zero wrong in that. Hopefully he's a star

Hackney Hearts

(his CV so far and YouTube clips) I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Which clips did you watch? If you watch the World Cup ones I'm not sure how anyone (supporting a club at our level) could be 'underwhelmed'.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am overwhelmed. He looks superstar material. Aberdeen fans are chugging it off over Shinnie, this guy has done well against players like Pogba and Messi, not Rooney and Guidetti.

Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic suddenly high jack it for the sole purpose of keeping him away from us.

It's what they do and I guarantee they are looking at us right now and thinking "These guys are serious about signing him and they have not come back up here to **** about."

Which clips did you watch? If you watch the World Cup ones I'm not sure how anyone (supporting a club at our level) could be 'underwhelmed'.

Was just the compilation one got a link to others?

Btw maybe I could have worded it better. For the record I'm not writing the guy off before he has kicked a ball FFS

I just meant in not as excited as others see

To be about this one

the general

exactly some people on here never ever seem happy

Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic suddenly high jack it for the sole purpose of keeping him away from us.

It's what they do and I guarantee they are looking at us right now and thinking "These guys are serious about signing him and they have not come back up here to **** about."

"It is the responsibility of the club that wishes to sign a player to make an application for a work permit on behalf of that player. In most cases the club will have agreed a contract with the player with the final stumbling block being the work permit."

From: http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits.htm

Uncle Buck

This is a pretty big deal. We don't go around signing internationals every day.

Honestly some fans are just numpty's,we sign Blazej we get "not played enough" "too injury prone",we sign Juanma "looks a crap league he's been in",Reilly "Eh is he better than Keatings?"

and now weve not even signed this boy yet and weve got idiots saying "I'm underwhelmed" Do us a favour and sit your house and watch the premiership.

I for one have sat in the Wheatfield Stand these past 9 years watching some absoloute garbage,no structure to our signings and guys not fit to wear a Hearts strip,

so forgive me if I get a little excited at maybe signing the Nigerian International left back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Honestly some fans are just numpty's,we sign Blazej we get "not played enough" "too injury prone",we sign Juanma "looks a crap league he's been in",Reilly "Eh is he better than Keatings?"

and now weve not even signed this boy yet and weve got idiots saying "I'm underwhelmed" Do us a favour and sit your house and watch the premiership.

I for one have sat in the Wheatfield Stand these past 9 years watching some absoloute garbage,no structure to our signings and guys not fit to wear a Hearts strip,

so forgive me if I get a little excited at maybe signing the Nigerian International left back.

This 1 million per cent. Roll on August 2nd.

Clerry Jambo

I can assure you mate I'm excited with this guy and infact the rest of our signings. No guarantee new signings work out but they are well scouted and not just journeymen from Scottish Clubs!!

Give it a rest mouthpiece. I couldve worded my post better but i clarified myself in my follow ups.

Once its all done and dusted Juwon will have my full support and hopefully be a roaring success.

In the meantime you just stick to your petty bickering and fapping yourself into a frenzy.

Im happy for the current management set up to sign any of their targets.

Give it a rest mouthpiece. I couldve worded my post better but i clarified myself in my follow ups.

Once its all done and dusted Juwon will have my full support and hopefully be a roaring success.

In the meantime you just stick to your petty bickering and fapping yourself into a frenzy.

Im happy for the current management set up to sign any of their targets.

You are so happy that your underwhelmed at the possible signing of an International left back,don't bother starting an argument with me cos you got smoked pal.

Its your posts that are silly not the reply's.

Who were you expecting....Jordi Alba?  Fabio Coentrao?  Patrice Evra?

FarmerTweedy

Is that all? Unless you're only about 12, you should be ashamed!

Ibrahim Tall

This, there's been a hell of a lot worse than the "absolute garbage" of the last 9 years. :laugh:

You are so happy that your underwhelmed at the possible signing of an International left back,don't bother starting an argument with me cos you got smoked pal.

Its your posts that are silly not the reply's.

Seems you are the one looking for arguements and tryong to 'smoke' people (whatever that means)

Dont neex to explain myself to you anyway. Just another one for the blocked list 'pal'.

haha aye that makes sense.zzz

Seems you are the one looking for arguements and tryong to 'smoke' people (whatever that means)

Dont neex to explain myself to you anyway. Just another one for the blocked list 'pal'.

Yip that flustered that your spelling has went to ******,now take a deep breath and count to 10 before you post more tripe.

paleredfox

This is a sex wee moment if it's true given where we were just over a year and a bit ago.

If it's true that is and the scarf is aloft.

Also hope we have a significant minimum fee clause in the contract!

Nielson always says he wants to get the 'right type' with good attitude and the management team appear to do a fair bit of background work getting to know the person. I'm looking forward to seeing this boy.

The Future's Maroon

I don'y have any problem with him or any other player looking to play in one of the best leagues in the world, use us all you want lads....we will only benefit from it through their performances, potential fees (inc add ons).

Started as one, lasted 2 years never looked back since. in all honesty they were a good bunch but who is ever going to appreciate a tax man, on a hiding to nothing all the time.

To be fair it depends on what role you do? While I worked there recently I had a good role which was helping the taxpayer through PT ops, however I did move to DMB and became one of those 'bad tax men'!

Archived