Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

To be fair Old Vlad got a lot wrong in his day,when I think back I think I semi brainwashed in believing some of the stuff he used to come out with,

I'm just delighted to be a proper run football club again,its just brilliant spending a summer discussing potential new signings and actually looking

forward to getting the football started.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearts_fan

Hear hear on the 'summer of potential' chat. On the subject of Vlad though, yes he made some bad decisions but what did he ever say that wasn't true? His euphemisms and analogies relating to corruption in the Scottish game were pretty accurate as far as I was concerned and I felt like applauding him every time he went on one of his rants. Yes, his reign almost ended in ultimate disaster, but the sacking of Burley aside, I don't believe it was a malicious reign, incompetent yes. Winning the Champions League was a far-fetched and fanciful dream, not a statement of fact.

Arthur Morgan

There is an interview with an African sports website where he is claiming it's done, and he's in Nigeria now just processing his visa. On this basis I think it all looks good.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150702/Oshaniwa_excited_at_move_to_Hearts

"Yes, I had finished my contract with Ashdod (Israeli club he has been with since 2012) and I allowed my agent to sort out the details with Hearts as soon as they showed interest; it was important that little noise was made until the deal is tied up. It is now and am excited and looking forward to this fresh challenge."

:jjyay:

Arthur Morgan

Once we get him i'd say one more before transfer window closes and i'd say all in all a big thumbs up.

Yeah, I would say an attacking midfielder after this signing would wrap things up nicely.

All I can say is with our signings & potentil signings I'm looking forward to next season already. When do we kick off again.

HHGH

Finlay James

Looks crap, can't believe we let Eckersley go to be replaced by this guy!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Looks crap, can't believe we let Eckersley go to be replaced by this guy!!

NSIS

:lol:

Dagger Is Back

**** me there's a lot of arseholes on JKB sometimes. Guy sees HMFC as a stepping stone.

What's the ****ing problem?

Will only be a problem if he fails to shine. If he shines we'll have a decent season, teams will sniff around and we MAY get a fee depending on when he goes.

Despite what I may wish would be the case, we're not Barcelona, Chelsea or Real

Madrid.

We shouldn't be looking to recruit players who don't aspire to bigger clubs. Will be a sad day when we say cheerio to King, Paterson, Walker and Nicolson etc but as long as the circumstances are right

Captain America

Really excited about this signing.

Want scarf over head soon as got niggling feeling something will go wrong.

Not ITK just my gut.

Confirmation from the player   :toff:

Meanwhile, Juwon Oshaniwa, who could formally join Hearts as early as next week, insists he is thrilled by the prospect of the challenge.

The 24-year-old has verbally agreed a deal and has been granted a conditional British work permit for the move, and it is hoped he could complete the switch next week.

Speaking to the press in his homeland, the Nigerian internationalist said: ?I told my agent to sort out the details with Hearts as soon as they showed interest. It is now tied up and I am excited looking forward to this fresh challenge.?

SectionDJambo

Let's have quality players who are ambitious enough to aspire to move to big clubs.

We are not a big club by European standards, but, generally, these type of players remember a good time with us, which encourages other quality players to come along and enjoy the experience.

This type of signing policy can only be good for us in the long term.

If Stoke came in for him in 2 years time and we agree a 7 figure fee then I'll be happy. I'd rather the club sold players on for actual money rather than see them stagnate for ages like Obua and then just get released. Waste of time and money.

I'm very happy that we are now a 'selling club'

Let's have quality players who are ambitious enough to aspire to move to big clubs.

We are not a big club by European standards, but, generally, these type of players remember a good time with us, which encourages other quality players to come along and enjoy the experience.

This type of signing policy can only be good for us in the long term.

Correct. If a player develops, and does well, we could make good money in transfer fees.

Players talk to each other, so, if he is treated well, and enjoys himself, in addition to the development, then if any player we are after asks him for advice, he might just recommend joining us.

If Stoke came in for him in 2 years time and we agree a 7 figure fee then I'll be happy. I'd rather the club sold players on for actual money rather than see them stagnate for ages like Obua and then just get released. Waste of time and money.

I'm very happy that we are now a 'selling club'

we're not a selling club.

Never have been and never will be.

We are signing players to benefit ourselves, to try and build a winning team but we aren't different from any other club of our size and stature in the game that if we have success we'll attract attention and possibly lose players...when has it never been like that?

Ann Budge, CL and RN aren't rubbing their hands with glee thinking about making a few million in a couple of years. Their aim is to make Hearts as good a football team as they possibly can achieve.

Of course, the spin offs come with success but under Vlad you could say there was an element of "selling club" attitude because the structure fell away behind the scenes and he was only interested in selling on players without a plan to compensate for this.

**** me there's a lot of arseholes on JKB sometimes. Guy sees HMFC as a stepping stone.

What's the ******* problem?

Will only be a problem if he fails to shine. If he shines we'll have a decent season, teams will sniff around and we MAY get a fee depending on when he goes.

Despite what I may wish would be the case, we're not Barcelona, Chelsea or Real

Madrid.

We shouldn't be looking to recruit players who don't aspire to bigger clubs. Will be a sad day when we say cheerio to King, Paterson, Walker and Nicolson etc but as long as the circumstances are right

Very much this.

I sat with CL at a Willie Bauld dinner a few years ago. He was talking then about what he looked for in players and stated that he wanted players the aspired to play for the likes of Man Utd etc as they were the ones within drive and ambition. If I remember correctly he actually said that if Hearts were the level of their ambition that wasn't enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are signing players to benefit ourselves, to try and build a winning team but we aren't different from any other club of our size and stature in the game that if we have success we'll attract attention and possibly lose players...when has it never been like that?

Ann Budge, CL and RN aren't rubbing their hands with glee thinking about making a few million in a couple of years. Their aim is to make Hearts as good a football team as they possibly can achieve.

Of course, the spin offs come with success but under Vlad you could say there was an element of "selling club" attitude because the structure fell away behind the scenes and he was only interested in selling on players without a plan to compensate for this.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, we are a selling club.

Finlay James

Lazy unimaginative trolling, back to the drawing board Fin.

Seriously? I'm being sarcastic, I had no doubt that RN would sign someone with real quality to replace Eckersley but the seethe from some when Eck left was way over the top

Back to 2005

There is probably only 2 clubs in the world that are not selling clubs...and we ain't one of them!

Totally agree with you and I was going to say you will have a hard time convincing the constant roll over whiners on here of that but they have already started. We will never reach our potential until we push aside the losers amongst us who have no ambition at all and refuse to see a future which includes a successful and vibrant Hearts who are based in what is fast becoming the largest populated area in Scotland. Some people only feel comfortable if they can whinge on about how difficult life is for them take them outside of that concept and its mental breakdown. Aye its a sare fecht richt enough !

tartofmidlothian

I prefer to think of us as a trading club. Sell high, buy low, keep the standards up. Even Man United do that.

We're only a selling club in the way people mean if we're forced to sell to keep the lights on.

Maroonblood22

There is probably only 2 clubs in the world that are not selling clubs...and we ain't one of them!

This in spades and I can't believe some folk don't realize this! Unless you are at the pinnacle of world football you are unfortunately a selling club. Look at Juventus, just got to the champions league final and are about to loose Pogba and Vidal, christ even Man Utd became a selling club with Ronaldo and now De Gea just to name a couple.

tartofmidlothian

Totally agree with you and I was going to say you will have a hard time convincing the constant roll over whiners on here of that but they have already started. We will never reach our potential until we push aside the losers amongst us who have no ambition at all and refuse to see a future which includes a successful and vibrant Hearts who are based in what is fast becoming the largest populated area in Scotland. Some people only feel comfortable if they can whinge on about how difficult life is for them take them outside of that concept and its mental breakdown. Aye its a sare fecht richt enough !

Long way to go until Edinburgh's the largest populated area in Scotland.

good ambition shared by current regime

but we can't afford to pay high enough wages to not be a "selling club"

Think we'll be funding our new stand / ground slowly by sales

TyphoonJambo

Long way to go until Edinburgh's the largest populated area in Scotland.

I think he was only counting, living breathing, thinking, fully functional human beings. As apart from another large Scottish city, on the west coast, largely populated by single cell, bigotted products of a gene pool shallower than Mr Kings promises

You are not far off the mark in general in the post but to even consider Hearts as not a selling club suggests you need to get real and quick!!!

Of course we are...we are no different to anyone else...Tic are a selling club and they are the biggest Beast in Scotland these days...

You may just have choosen the incorrect wording but we are most definitely a selling club....when I was a boy back at the end of 1998 this was the first proper slap in my face re thinking we could build a team or squad over 2-3 years at any one point....we sell my friend, oh yes we do...and quite right to as long as we get good market value....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Selling club" is a ridiculous term.

I don't even think anyone on here arguing about whether Hearts are one are not, is in disagreement about where we are as a club. Sometimes we sell, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we don't. The only thing that has ever changed in this respect is the outlook of the people making the decisions on whether or not to sell, and for how much.

tartofmidlothian

I think he was only counting, living breathing, thinking, fully functional human beings. As apart from another large Scottish city, on the west coast, largely populated by single cell, bigotted products of a gene pool shallower than Mr Kings promises

Fair point.

I prefer to think of us as a trading club. Sell high, buy low, keep the standards up. Even Man United do that.

We're only a selling club in the way people mean if we're forced to sell to keep the lights on.

Semantics, we're a selling club

tartofmidlothian

Semantics, we're a selling club

I really don't know what that means. Man U sold Ronaldo, so they're a selling club? Are Barca a selling club if they sell Ramos?

Every club sells players. The only time that might be a problem is if they need to or they can't pay bills, like us in the months before admin.

Dalstonjambo

I really don't know what that means. Man U sold Ronaldo, so they're a selling club? Are Barca a selling club if they sell Ramos?

Every club sells players. The only time that might be a problem is if they need to or they can't pay bills, like us in the months before admin.

Barca would need to buy him first....

Madrid sell players like Ramos and Di Maria cos they are idiots

tartofmidlothian

Barca would need to buy him first....

Aye, my bad. Point stands.

Buffalo Bill

Every club in the world is a selling club, with perhaps Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Bayern Munich being the top of the pyramid.

I have no problem with getting two years out of a talented, ambitious player.

You're trying to skirt around the fact our club is a selling club trying to come up with other terms for it because you believe that tha particular moniker has negative connotations, it doesn't. Its the way football is.

The Real Maroonblood

Every club is a selling club.

tartofmidlothian

You're trying to skirt around the fact our club is a selling club trying to come up with other terms for it because you believe that tha particular moniker has negative connotations, it doesn't. Its the way football is.

Not at all. The biggest clubs sell, some clubs (like ours at the moment) sell to make a profit and put it back into the club, and others sell because they have to and they'd go bust otherwise (like us before admin, not a nice situation).

Doesn't matter what you call it, but technically every club sells players. Many people on here use "selling club" as a bad term, I'm just pointing out there's good selling (trading) and bad selling (firesale).

dunno if it'd make them a selling club, but they'd have to buy him in the first place!

tartofmidlothian

dunno if it'd make them a selling club, but they'd have to buy him in the first place!

Aye, I've been pulled up on that. :thumbsup:

eddiepolio

A selling club is a club who needs to sell their top players to balance the books or to raise cash to implement future strategies. Is that us? Maybe.

cosanostra

A selling club is a club who needs to sell their top players to balance the books or to raise cash to implement future strategies. Is that us? Maybe.

I'd say that a selling club is one that would sell it's best player when a bigger club with more money came along.

Pretty much every club on the planet apart from maybe Barcelona and Real Madrid are selling clubs IMO.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd say that a selling club is one that would sell it's best player when a bigger club with more money came along.

Pretty much every club on the planet apart from maybe Barcelona and Real Madrid are selling clubs IMO.

If every club apart fronm two are a selling club then surely we are a regular 'club' no need to add the selling part.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If every club apart fronm two are a selling club then surely we are a regular 'club' no need to add the selling part.

Precisely. That's why it's a "ridiculous term". :thumbsup:

Hearts_fan

It's probably worth clarifying what you mean by the term 'a selling club'. I think I'm with the majority who recognise that a club which sells a player is - by definition - a selling club. Hearts generally don't buy players for large fees, yet have often sold players for ?1m+.

As forward-thinking business people, I think AB and CL almost certainly are looking ahead to ways of making profits for Hearts as a fundamental part of a successful business model, and they have pretty much said that explicitly in the past. They recognise the obvious fact that for Hearts to be successful on the park, they have to be successful in business too - the two aren't separate things. Hearts will sell players in future.

Seymour M Hersh

So you are classed as a selling club if you buy low (or Bosman) and sell high?  If you buy high then sell low (eventually) what are you?

Archived