The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Maybe this has been posted previously, but surely this is more than just breaching SPFA regulations, aren't they in Breach of the UEFA Fair Play regulations also.  I seen earlier in the week that 3 clubs in the English cahmpionship have been given transfer embargos(sound familiar).  How much longer does the soap have to run before someone decides do throw the book at them.

I don't htink there are SFA Financial Fair Play specific rules as such.

I believe this was broached at the Celtic AGM and Lawwell said that some tentative form of SFA FFP could be introduced, but if going the whole hog not that many clubs would reach the standard they are looking for.

At a guess one club may specifically struggle just now.

Seriously though his position must be untenable. And it will all just raise its head again in January when all his players get emptied.

Edited by Samster

They Cannie afford to sack him but can they afford this months wages. They're hanging on for dear life at the moment[emoji32]

Edit I get the feeling he wanted all his money and they just haven't got it so we're now having a Mexican Stand Off Govan style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dannie Boy

Hagar the Horrible

McSalary is playing a blinder, he wont walk for nada,  they cant afford to pay him off, and now they are struggling to pay his basic wage,  The AGM is now BLOCKBUSTER!!!! 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Pure crazy to keep a want away manager and one of poor quality, OK it will cost money to get rid but more Rangers fans will now stay away as boycott so money lost anyway

AS a Jambo its great.

Shows Rangers board are pure out of touch.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Also, straying into existential thread territory but this shows clearly that McCoist the Rangers man doesn't consider this entity to be THAT Rangers. He wouldn't screw them like this. Up ye Bryce and Lawson hanging out the back of you. :lol:

Hagar the Horrible

It's like a multiple orgasm that lasts for weeks. :lol:

Its being going for 3 years with sign of ending........wow....just wow,  I have a severe popcorn habit now to add to that

Barney Rubble

Pure crazy to keep a want away manager and one of poor quality, OK it will cost money to get rid but more Rangers fans will now stay away as boycott so money lost anyway

AS a Jambo its great.

Shows Rangers board are pure out of touch.

Dont think they have any choice but to keep him as theyre totally boracic lint , shame that , ARF!

Also, straying into existential thread territory but this shows clearly that McCoist the Rangers man doesn't consider this entity to be THAT Rangers. He wouldn't screw them like this. Up ye Bryce and Lawson hanging out the back of you. :lol:

(Shhhhhh - don't mention them ! Just in case...)

No doubt they're hoping the fans turn on him big style, make his life a misery and force him to go without a pay off. The way it's going right now if we win our games up to the 27th I can see us being 15 points ahead, cos I don't fancy their chances at Easter Road.

Any official comment from anyone at Rangers though, or is it just the media so far?

He's a key employee of a plc.

They can't say anything without doing a RNS first.

Some Gadgey on from SoS on the radio didn't catch it all but it was interesting to hear him say that Ally had a meeting with Sandy Easdale but any decision would have to be made with some one outside the room. He says that it's not the board that run the Club and any decision re McCoist would be theirs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dannie Boy

McSalary is playing a blinder, he wont walk for nada,  they cant afford to pay him off, and now they are struggling to pay his basic wage,  The AGM is now BLOCKBUSTER!!!! 

Ann wouldn't let the press in to ours today.

They won't be allowed in Govan let alone near the AGM room.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

339e5cc6be43de6eb961079deeffeb8d.jpg

He looks happy to be there[emoji1]

BELTER!

I can hear the "Imperial March" playing in my head when I look at that picture. Looks like a guy approaching a rabid pack of dogs.

:rofl:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I understand that their AGM is next week and super Salary is scheduled to talk. That should be fun too.

Does he do Talking Away?

Malinga the Swinga

Had a quick gander at Rangers Media. I'm not sure, but I get the impression that the Rangers support aren't happy. As well there is no censorship on site as most of posts would just be rows of *'s.

jamboinglasgow

I reckon it would 20 minutes of the Rangers board repeatedly asking Ally "Please go now for nothing" to which he just kept saying no.

The other 20 minutes is Ally saying to the Board "give me ?400k and I will go now" to which they kept replying no.

I understand that their AGM is next week and super Salary is scheduled to talk. That should be fun too.

Chaos and Heckling as Super Salary explains is plans for the future[emoji1]

'I promise to spend my war chest wisely'

Edited by Dannie Boy

I must admit, I am very surprised by their decision not to place Salary on gardening leave. They could've appointed anyone to be manager, just got McCoist out the firing line. Clearly they don't want to do that, which means there could be something major in the offing or the board want some sort of shield at the AGM? Either way, they obviously don't have any funding from MA to sack him, which really shows Ashley's long term plan doesn't include any more cash in the short term.

Toxteth O'Grady

I must admit, I am very surprised by their decision not to place Salary on gardening leave. They could've appointed anyone to be manager, just got McCoist out the firing line. Clearly they don't want to do that, which means there could be something major in the offing or the board want some sort of shield at the AGM? Either way, they obviously don't have any funding from MA to sack him, which really shows Ashley's long term plan doesn't include any more cash in the short term.

Is this where Ashley makes a last minute offer to loan them the money to punt McCoist and pay this months wages with the loan secured by the Big Hoose and Murray Park?

scott herbertson

I assume that would have to be agreed , otherwise it could construe constructive dismissal , trigger a claim for the value of his contract in full, which rangers couldn't afford

You couldn't make up how bad this is, and I feel not one iota of sympathy

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hastily arranged league reconstruction in time for next season?

Fortunately, the shambles at Ibronx is going to go on for ages yet so the SFA or whoever won't have the scope to pull that stunt. Not this time around anyway.

I need to buy one 17p share to get myself along to this AGM... would be comedy gold. Wouldn't mind standing up and asking a Troll-esc question either :-)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I need to buy one 17p share to get myself along to this AGM... would be comedy gold. Wouldn't mind standing up and asking a Troll-esc question either :-)

"Given the financial state of the club, what steps are the board taking to ensure that Lewis McLeod is sold at the first opportunity?"

Well, I bet that's a shocking revelation to the SFA. :o

Wannabe Kray: "Mike, can you give us money to get rid of Ally please?"

Ashley: " No."

Wannabe Kray: " Right you are."

Wannabe Kray: " Right Ally, we're pleased to keep you on for the remainder of your notice"

McCoist: " Right then, see you Saturday Sandy. Cheerio" :verysmug:

Can't see what they did for the rest of this 40 minute meeting to be honest.

good stuff

buggers these contracts eh - can't just do what you want when you want

think McCoist has balls btw and might get respect of Ashley for it

but still must be out sooner rather than later surely

Edited by Mikey1874

Rudolf's Mate

These guys are worse than Hibs. Far worse! Hibs generally keep giving occasionally and always on derby days. This lot just keep giving on a daily basis. Sometimes more than once on the same day! 

I wonder what tomorrow brings :lol:

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Is this where Ashley makes a last minute offer to loan them the money to punt McCoist and pay this months wages with the loan secured by the Big Hoose and Murray Park?

That would be my bet. :thumb:

I don't think Ashley ever had any intention of running Rangers - he just wants his hands on their merchandising (done) and fixed assets (half done) to let him make even more money for little outlay, little hassle, and low risk.

Hastily arranged league reconstruction in time for next season?

Pretty sure FIFA rules prevent that happening.

Pretty sure FIFA rules prevent that happening.

I don't know. If it is, they are hardly qualified to pull anyone up on rules and integrity.

Sorry if already posted but the news said spfl are to with hold 250k of prize money until they pay the fine the old club got for the use of EBTs

Malinga the Swinga

Quite funny listening to Radio Scotland. Some believe Rangers board want NcCoist at AGM to take some of the heat off themselves and if he had been punted, then they would have got the flack.

Also, Ian Murray stating Hearts were massive favourites in his eyes to win league as they had better players than Rangers. He thinks the gap will increase, not decrease over coming weeks. Hope he is right.

Malinga the Swinga

The tube

The ex Hibs one. To be fair, he comes over reasonably well and not half as stupid as Craig P, Barry F and Chico.

Barry Ferguson fully expected Rangers to 'steam roll all over Queen of the South' on Friday past.

But he's a tube.   I've more time for his big bro.  

But moving back to today's important point re  Sally,  Its great they are retaining

Sally for now.  Best outcome for us!   Brilliant.   

Now come on Livvy, you have nothing to lose. 

Kevin Kyle on Radio Scotland said he was paid ?100,000 a year at Rangers in the third division and most players were on ?3-400k

Edited by ritchies75

• Maple Leaf locked this topic