The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I wonder if the main concern of the SFA is that Sevco could be out of Europe for an extended period if MA has control of both.  If he saves the club but they can't play in Europe because NUFC are in the same tournament the ORCS will go mental and blame them for letting him save their club when King and his hordes wanted to pony up the money without a duel ownership problem.  They have no chance in the near future of displacing Celtic for the champions league spot. 

I saw a comment on Bearsden where the persom thought Hately had released the info that mccoist had resigned, you see it was all a cunning plan by mccoist to see where his leak was. Few of them chimed in with a bit about how they never liked eacj other even when playing together

I think it's to do with embedded things that you can't see with your browser / settings etc. For instance, I see the post you quoted as a full stop - but on another PC, I would probably see a GIF (picture).

When there's been a lot of new posts its the quickest way to get to the last post on your phone.

It's not the Mail though, it's the Daily Mash, a satirical publication in the vein of Viz or Private Eye (mind you the Mail prints much the same sort of nonsense)

McCoist doomed to be Rangers manager for all eternity
18-12-14

ally425.jpg

AFTER unsuccessfully resigning, Ally McCoist has admitted that he has no idea how he can stop being Rangers manager.

An emotional McCoist handed in his notice only to be informed by grinning colleagues that he?d received a pay rise and a better parking space.

He said: ?It was always going to be a very tough decision to quit the club I love, but I presumed it would be tough emotionally not logistically.

?I?ve tried being Rangers manager and I?ve tried not being Rangers manager and the two things are essentially the same.

?Even death will be no escape, they will find a way to trap my spirit in a jar.?

I have this mental picture of him in the Railway Tavern with Nelson, as per The_Railway_Arms.jpg

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

"I've tried being Rangers manager and I?ve tried not being Rangers manager and the two things are essentially the same."

:lol:

Prob came from here.

2d75b255f866831b939c8f22b5c13a85.jpg

Imo Ashley will underwrite the new rights issue & take his shareholding to under the 29.9% threshold. He'll buy the required shares to do this & no more I'd say.

The Sfa will pay lip service but in reality it's ashley or bust & they know it. He'll prob lay that out to them & they'll capitulate & agree.

For what end though ? if he wants the assets he could do this with soft loans to cover the wage issue and security he doesnt need the shares to do that as he is the only show in town.

Effectively he runs the club on 9% shares as the only cash investor at present

I saw a comment on Bearsden where the persom thought Hately had released the info that mccoist had resigned, you see it was all a cunning plan by mccoist to see where his leak was. Few of them chimed in with a bit about how they never liked eacj other even when playing together

Rumour has it that Hateley is pals with one of the Easdales.

brunoatemyhamster

Can someone clear this up for me .

Ashley is due his 3m back when ? 

I wonder if the main concern of the SFA is that Sevco could be out of Europe for an extended period if MA has control of both.  If he saves the club but they can't play in Europe because NUFC are in the same tournament the ORCS will go mental and blame them for letting him save their club when King and his hordes wanted to pony up the money without a duel ownership problem.  They have no chance in the near future of displacing Celtic for the champions league spot. 

From the Daily Ranger 27 Nov 2014

MIKE ASHLEY?S Rangers power grab means Newcastle may never again be allowed to play in Europe.

UEFA have today confirmed the Geordie outfit and the Ibrox club will not be allowed to play in continental competition together ? even if they qualify for different competitions.

Mind I like how it's Newcastle who may never ever play again in Europe.

Can someone clear this up for me .

Ashley is due his 3m back when ? 

March or April I think it's due to be paid back.

brunoatemyhamster

JJ Thanks.

So they need 8m to see them through to the end of the season, 3m of that must be to pay Ashley. 

So Ashleys going to give them the money to pay him back ? Nah

Where are they gong to get the 3m if they don't get it from Ashley ? 

Ashley is more likely to let them sink, and pick the bones.

If they get to April, and they can't pay him, He'll get  double his 3million at least.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

JJ Thanks.

So they need 8m to see them through to the end of the season, 3m of that must be to pay Ashley. 

If they get to April, and they can't pay him, He'll get  double his 3million at least.

Edmiston House & The Car Park are secured against this IIRC.

Franco Fascione

Okay, I've stayed off this thread as much as possible as it was doing my head in, and can't be bothered looking into other clubs affairs, like Hibs fans did ours. However....

What the hell happened to Financial Fair Play? What have we got in place in Scotland with regards to this? I noticed Notts Forest, Bolton and some other club were sanctioned in England recently, so it's obvious the FA have got their act together and started to take action.  Is the SFA implementing any kind of FFP regulations? If so, what form does it take as TRFC surely must be in breach of of it. I know you'll tell me the SFA are probably sticking their heads in the sand as it involves TRFC.  

I don't keep up with this stuff as I prefer to concentrate on football.

brunoatemyhamster

Right , So is it  in his interest for them to  pay him? 

I can't see him giving them the full whack in one go.

All this talk off him upping his shares to 29% makes no sense. The share price isn't low enough yet.

He's calling all the shots without breaking the 10% rule, Its more likely the stadium will be the next to go.

Okay, I've stayed off this thread as much as possible as it was doing my head in, and can't be bothered looking into other clubs affairs, like Hibs fans did ours. However....

What the hell happened to Financial Fair Play? What have we got in place in Scotland with regards to this? I noticed Notts Forest, Bolton and some other club were sanctioned in England recently, so it's obvious the FA have got their act together and started to take action.  Is the SFA implementing any kind of FFP regulations? If so, what form does it take as TRFC surely must be in breach of of it. I know you'll tell me the SFA are probably sticking their heads in the sand as it involves TRFC.  

I don't keep up with this stuff as I prefer to concentrate on football.

Scotland doesn't have our own fair play yet.

Celtic fans asked their board about it at the last AGM and PL said too many clubs would fail an out and out FFP, but it a form of it is being looked at by the SFA.

Edited by DETTY29

Hagar the Horrible

JJ Thanks.

They need the ?8m to see them till the end of the season plus the ?3m to repay the loan, and ?1.4m to get rid of the entire management team?  now those figures were based on +36k crowds, as the numbers are half that?????  oh and they will be getting ?250k less from santa disguised as the SFA???  simple arithmetic ?12.6m  ish to see them complete this season,  That's all next season seaso ticket money spent before the advert has gone out.  (all of this is their figures, not Phill Sirgay hubbba bubbas made up ones) 

All this talk off him upping his shares to 29% makes no sense.

He's calling all the shots without breaking the 10% rule, Its more likely the stadium will be the next to go.

p

That's certainly my thoughts. Another loan with the stadium as security on it. A default by them and another insolvency event leaving Ashley with all the real estate and able to call the shots with whatever reincarnation of Rangers appears next. Nice not so little earner for him.

Hagar the Horrible

Forgot to add, I think McCoist is being set up as the fall guy at the AGM....being held to ransom  etc etc poor signings yadayada  then use it to get rid, he gets the ire of der peepil

They need the ?8m to see them till the end of the season plus the ?3m to repay the loan, and ?1.4m to get rid of the entire management team?  now those figures were based on +36k crowds, as the numbers are half that?????  oh and they will be getting ?250k less from santa disguised as the SFA???  simple arithmetic ?12.6m  ish to see them complete this season,  That's all next season seaso ticket money spent before the advert has gone out.  (all of this is their figures, not Phill Sirgay hubbba bubbas made up ones) 

That is pretty stark stuff.

I dont see how they can avoid insolvency

Franco Fascione

Celtic fans asked their board about it at the last AGM and PL said too many clubs would fail an out and out FFP, but it a form of it is being looked at by the SFA.

Cheers Detty!

All this talk off him upping his shares to 29% makes no sense.

The "Big Hoose" is the ultimate aim along with the merchandising contracts IMO, once he has them all, BOOM, pulls the plug.

As for the club, well Dave King & The Blue Knights or somebody else can have that as long as they rent the stadium back from Ashley and wear his Sondico shirts, 

plus he also gets 100% of the revenue from all the merchandise a new 3rd Rangers would generate, win win win for Ashley.

brunoatemyhamster

p

That's certainly my thoughts. Another loan with the stadium as security on it. A default by them and another insolvency event leaving Ashley with all the real estate and able to call the shots with whatever reincarnation of Rangers appears next. Nice not so little earner 

This is what i think will happen.

He drip feeds them, while cutting the cost to save his money, Or gives them enough money to see the through till april, for the stadium, not the 8m

He waits until april, defaults on the payment, the car park and that is his.

Funding stops

Rangers hit rock bottom, Share prices plummet.

He swoops in at the VERY LAST POSSIBLY minute and cleans up at about 8p a share(guess)

Clears decks,stabilizes ship.Runs whole show,brings share prices back up.

Sells Rangers before The European thing becomes and issue.

Keeps stadium and retail deals.lease back

Leave on a white charger playing the flute.

I offer to marry him

He says no but thats cool

Newcastle cement there place as a top four EPL team 

the end 

If Ashley intends putting big money into TRFC, why is he taking so long to do so? Why watch them lose points and income while becoming, himself, extremely unpopular down in Govan? The austerity measures his man is carrying out are only turning the bears off - they want, and need, promises, at the very least, but won't be satisfied until the millions roll in. The longer it takes for a genuine sign of hope for the bears to materialise, the more TRFC will lose, and the nadir of Premiership football, followed by the Champions League, will just keep slipping further and further away. We will have a clearer picture, hopefully, as the week progresses for, if he pays off McCoist, then it would appear he wants to tackle the problems as soon as possible, but if McCoist stays in place, or even goes on garden leave with no top calibre replacement, it won't look like Mike will be putting much in (other than more loans that need to be re-paid) this season, at least!

Surely the 3rd division was the nadir, and premiership football will seem like some sort of promised land in comparison?

Admin or Liqudation are not coming to Rangers.

They will be in defacto admin come January basically cutting costs everywhere just without the -25 points.

They will have to cut there cloth accordingly and this will not sit well with the glory hunting bears.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

They will be in defacto admin come January basically cutting costs everywhere just without the -25 points.

They will have to cut there cloth accordingly and this will not sit well with the glory hunting bears.

What costs will they cut though? All the current players will have contracts to the summer at least.

Perhaps we'll see someone issuing a winding-up order for unpaid bills soon?  We certainly had that a few times.

brunoatemyhamster

Liquidation is out for me. Ashley won't want that. And he could stop it any time.

Admin could still come if they don't give Ashley the deal he wants. 

He doesn't have to do anything other than wait, Admin would be just as good for Ashley.

I am beginning to think that Ashley is in this for his own ego.

Stabilising Rangers returning them to the top while making a bit of money on the side. After all its well documented he is a gambling man.

He will want to sit one day and say yeh I did that when Rangers are doing well again. People like him are driven and he has all the money he needs he likes challanges.

I am beginning to think that Ashley is in this for his own ego.

Stabilising Rangers returning them to the top while making a bit of money on the side. After all its well documented he is a gambling man.

He will want to sit one day and say yeh I did that when Rangers are doing well again. People like him are driven and he has all the money he needs he likes challanges.

A bit out there but.

Is it possible that as a young lad supporting, whatever team in London, he was on the receiving end of a right good kicking by Newcastle and Rangers "fans" at games and is wreaking his revenge by getting them by the short and curlies. He also seems to have control of another English club (Oldham perhaps) with their strip supply and sponsorship so the same may apply here.

Just a thought.

HHGH

CavySlaveJambo

What the hell happened to Financial Fair Play? What have we got in place in Scotland with regards to this? I noticed Notts Forest, Bolton and some other club were sanctioned in England recently, so it's obvious the FA have got their act together and started to take action.  

As far as I am aware it's not the FA though. but the Football League who has put it in place for their own clubs.  

Just because Clubs would fail at the moment, doesn't mean that something can't be done now to be implemented gradually.  And allow the clubs to work towards getting a better financial state. 

A bit out there but.

Is it possible that as a young lad supporting, whatever team in London, he was on the receiving end of a right good kicking by Newcastle and Rangers "fans" at games and is wreaking his revenge by getting them by the short and curlies. He also seems to have control of another English club (Oldham perhaps) with their strip supply and sponsorship so the same may apply here.

Just a thought.

HHGH

He's a spurs fan from Buckinghamshire from memory. Not even sure he even went to that many games so i doubt it. 

I think the reality is, he just cares about revenue streams for his company. Nothing else

A bit out there but.

Just a thought.

HHGH

Yes, it is Oldham.  ?1m sponsorship deal and the renaming of Boundary park to The Sports Direct Stadium, apparently.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I wouldn't be surprised if not even Ashley himself knows where this will end up. It's just worth a punt. He's controlling a club with massive potential and is he even in for two million yet? He knows how lucrative it is to him having hordes of Rangers fans trudging through SD and he's probably still working out the best way to maximise that.

I wouldn't be surprised if not even Ashley himself knows where this will end up. It's just worth a punt. He's controlling a club with massive potential and is he even in for two million yet? He knows how lucrative it is to him having hordes of Rangers fans trudging through SD and he's probably still working out the best way to maximise that.

No doubt he'll know exactly where he wants this to go. My guess is that he'll want to land up in a position that maximises his ability to make money out of them. I don't think he gives two hoots for the club or it's supporters, the only thing he'll be interested in is their potential as a revenue stream.

Edited by Deevers

No doubt he'll know exactly where he wants this to go. My guess is that he'll want to land up in a position that maximises his ability to make money out of them. I don't think he gives two hoots for the club or it's supporters, the only thing he'll be interested in is their potential as a revenue stream.

But!  But!   Ever since I was a waif in the slums of the East End of London, I've supported Rangers!   Honest!

Now, buy a jersey for Christmas for every member of your family and your neighbours and their families.

The Mighty Thor

And when he gets 'ra deeds' he's hit the honey pot.

He's only got to wait a few days more. The AGM will be a bloodbath and then Payroll is due and that is when Mikey boy will step in and lift the lot for next to nothing.

Monday will be popcorn-tastic :)

The Future's Maroon

From the Daily Ranger 27 Nov 2014

MIKE ASHLEY?S Rangers power grab means Newcastle may never again be allowed to play in Europe.

UEFA have today confirmed the Geordie outfit and the Ibrox club will not be allowed to play in continental competition together ? even if they qualify for different competitions.

Mind I like how it's Newcastle who may never ever play again in Europe.

Read it again bud, "the Geordie AND the Ibrox Club will not be allowed to play....."

Read it again bud, "the Geordie AND the Ibrox Club will not be allowed to play....."

Couple of things occur to me. Firstly, if Ashley owns significant stakes on.both clubs,then the lower ranked team gets booted out of Europe. Given that Rangers will have been at least 5 years in the wilderness, they will definitely have the lower ranking.

The other thought relates to the Old Firm's long term plan to play in the English Premiership. That certainly won't be an option if Ashley owns 2 clubs. In fact, it will give England a chance to avoid making any sort of decision almost indefinitely. Obviously, I am making the frankly ludicrous assumption that the EPL would have either cheek of the arse that is the Old Firm.

Sorry, read what again?  

I posted this in reply to someone saying they were not allowed to play in the same tournament in Europe, this report clearly states that both Rangers & Newcastle can't play in Europe at the same time.

So I'm not sure what your meaning.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

brunoatemyhamster

Couple of things occur to me. Firstly, if Ashley owns significant stakes on.both clubs,then the lower ranked team gets booted out of Europe. Given that Rangers will have been at least 5 years in the wilderness, they will definitely have the lower ranking.

The other thought relates to the Old Firm's long term plan to play in the English Premiership. That certainly won't be an option if Ashley owns 2 clubs. In fact, it will give England a chance to avoid making any sort of decision almost indefinitely. Obviously, I am making the frankly ludicrous assumption that the EPL would have either cheek of the arse that is the Old Firm.

LOL. Good one.

I imagine the only time Rangers or Celtic come up in any conversation , in any English boardroom these days is if someone ask

Who would you like to get in the  European qualifier ?  

or 

Which set of mugs shall we invite for the testimonial ? 

Newcastle are 68th & Rangers (Oldco) are 112th.

Will newco have a ranking at all or will they get oldco's ranking?

I P Knightley

Stupid question, but what are these posts that are just a full stop all about? Seem to be everywhere!

I see dead posts.

Newcastle are 68th & Rangers (Oldco) are 112th.

Will newco have a ranking at all or will they get oldco's ranking?

If they get oldco's ranking, then BDO & United have another piece of ammo. (farce)

The team that qualifies for the Champions League gets priority. So if Rangers quality for the Champions League and Newcastle get Europa, which if Ashley is half serious about Rangers you would expect more likely, Newcastle get kicked out. Edited by Normthebarman

The team that qualifies for the Champions League gets priority. If Ashley is half serious about this, you would expect that Rangers would have the better chance.

It doesn't. It based on highest ranked team, not highest ranked tournament.

Edited by Claudia

• Maple Leaf locked this topic