The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

His best bet would be to rename them Sports Direct Rangers so that every time the club is mentioned in the media he gets exposure.

Apart from on Euro nights.

Funny thing is, with the way this whole fiasco has unfolded over the last few years, that doesn't seem completely unbelievable. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignoring sycophantic 'pundits', is it just me or are actual football reporters starting to take a lot more shots than they used to? It's beginning to feel like Rangers at last are fair game.

Agreed - bad stories outnumber good stories in ... all ? ... papers at the moment.

In fact what was the last good news story for them?

Ignoring sycophantic 'pundits', is it just me or are actual football reporters starting to take a lot more shots than they used to? It's beginning to feel like Rangers at last are fair game.

Agreed - bad stories outnumber good stories in ... all ? ... papers at the moment.

In fact what was the last good news story for them?

Ally gets warned by Graham Speirs and Stephen McGowan not to walk away with a fat cheque tomorrow if as they believe he will part company with The Rangers. Speirs thinks he will alienate what's let's of the support if he wants his full legal severance package, Speirs and McGowan recommend he just does what's moral in the fans eyes based on his managerial ineptitude, walks away with nothing.

Spears also doubts they have the money for a payout let alone wages.

Also veiled hope that Ashley will part with some of his ?2.4billion. McGowan thinking a share issue would help and rules out King as a saviour.

No mention of the Alexander case or BDO chasing monies from the Telfer deal. I thought these would have been very relevant to the financial state and impact of the situation.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Ashley must be sitting on his sofa pissing himself laughing at the squirming the MSM are doing trying to fathom out what's going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@tedermeatballs: My info says RFC are unhappy with authorities. Two separate announcements to come.

Well they cant comment on Telfer as that is with BDO not the authorities.

So its Alexander and the SFA charges.

A lot is being made of McCoist's salary but when he was appointed to be Smith's natural successor and with the oldco in the SPL he was a successful TV pundit and no doubt earning loads so why should he not take what he is due? Just a bonus it drives another nail into the latest coffin

I can't decide if these journos can't work it out or if they simply can't bring themselves to say it - Ashley is only interested in the value of the brand. Rangers are just another Slazenger, Dunlop or Karrimor to him. He doesn't care about pumping money into a football team as a vanity project and he doesn't need Sports Direct to possibly get no exposure in an away tie in Luxembourg in the Champions League preliminary rounds in six years time.

This.

He can tie up Rangers marketing and sell cheapo tops with the Rangers logo emblazoned upon them, that have been manufactured in the Far East for pennies, as he has done with all the other brands he has bought up when they were in their period of distress.

@g51_dan: .@tedermeatballs This should be good. I dare them to put Somers or Easdale in front of the cameras again, the triple chinned buffoons.

Triple chinned .... Heh

7am news releases are the time that corporate RNS are issued on stock exchange. Looks like a formal corporate release rather than a PR/website/press release

I was thinking that myself, all of a sudden there are more articles actually having a go at Rangers rather than sucking up to them.  Still a lot of sycophants, but they appear to be falling into the minority.

@tedermeatballs: Told to expect a 7am klaxon.

Could be wrong but a 7am announcement is more likely to be AIM related rather than football/SFA.

Maybe RIFC are to announce they are suing the football authorities on behalf of their shareholders.

Or Ashley has bought more shares and doesn't give a crap about SFA rules - unless he now has SFA authority.

Or another MASH loan.

Could be here all night speculating.

So are these charges against The Rangers and Mike Ashley just for show, maybe to appease UEFA or whatever or are they finally taking some action because they are frightened of being shown up as idiots like last time?

After the clumsy attempts to shoehorn Sevco into the top tier previously and the 5 way agreement etc the footballing authorities are saying stuff it you have had your chance and we ain't going down this road again.

Can only hope.

I was thinking that myself, all of a sudden there are more articles actually having a go at Rangers rather than sucking up to them.  Still a lot of sycophants, but they appear to be falling into the minority.

It's not that they have grown a pair.

Remember, apart from succulent lamb, of which there is now not so much as a kebab left, the papers write for the ignorant masses - they are the ones who buy the rags.  Therefore, as the groundswell of "fan" anger rises against the board AND the manager, they have to go with the flow!

Why, did I picture a sewer when that word "flow" appeared on my screen?

Edited by colinmaroon

7am news releases are the time that corporate RNS are issued on stock exchange. Looks like a formal corporate release rather than a PR/website/press release

Exactly what I was thinking. If it's a stock exchange announcement then it'll likely be that Llambias has been appointed CEO as Keef is predicting. Not rocket science to narrow it down but it would definitely seem MA is showing his teeth to the SFA if that's what it is.

brunoatemyhamster

Today's record touting Davies for Newco Rangers job.

a68226594eec608cc996a41a589e9908.jpg

Davis immediately signs on for anyone  else. 

Or " Does a Steve Clark" as its known now

I'd rather they went for Gattuso, if just for the comedy value of his pressers.

http://youtu.be/7clSlIXxBZo

Plenty of comedy value with Billy Davies and his old party sidekick Sheridan.

A manager who has fallen out with every board he has worked with and who loves a spending splurge.

Plenty of comedy value with Billy Davies and his old party sidekick Sheridan.

A manager who has fallen out with every board he has worked with and who loves a spending splurge.

At least their parties would be fun (if they are not cancelled).

Guest Bilel Mohsni

At least their parties would be fun (if they are not cancelled).

He has a Khan do attitude. Wonder how long he'd stand and watch the grotesque pantomime unfolding in front of him before diving in and getting himself involved... wait what are we talking about again?

He has a Khan do attitude. Wonder how long he'd stand and watch the grotesque pantomime unfolding in front of him before diving in and getting himself involved... wait what are we talking about again?

More shenanigans than he can shake his stick at

Never Let Them Forget

International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Scottish Professional Football League Limited ("SPFL") Claim.

The board of the SPFL has determined that Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club") is liable to pay the EBT Commission fine of £250,000 levied on RFC 2012 PLC (previously The Rangers Football Club plc) (in liquidation) The SPFL has also decided that this sum will be recovered from the Club by the SPFL withholding broadcasting money and other sums due to the Club but which are paid in the first instance to the SPFL. An appeal has been lodged with the Judicial Panel of the Scottish FA which has confirmed that the decision of the SPFL is suspended pending the outcome of the appeal subject to the SPFL's right to object. The Board is advised that the sum is not due to SPFL and the appeal will be pursued vigorously.

The board of the SPFL has determined that Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club") is liable to pay the EBT Commission fine of £250,000 levied on RFC 2012 PLC (previously The Rangers Football Club plc) (in liquidation) The SPFL has also decided that this sum will be recovered from the Club by the SPFL withholding broadcasting money and other sums due to the Club but which are paid in the first instance to the SPFL. An appeal has been lodged with the Judicial Panel of the Scottish FA which has confirmed that the decision of the SPFL is suspended pending the outcome of the appeal subject to the SPFL's right to object. The Board is advised that the sum is not due to SPFL and the appeal will be pursued vigorously.

Great week for Sevco.....

So rangers have been charged 250k for the EBT investigation and they're raging.

Not the news they were hoping for I'm sure

And a week before Christmas too. Wont someone think of the poor Rangers fans, they've been through enough

250k for wholesale cheating, claiming numerous trophies and european jaunts in the progress tho, is not a bad deal

Edited by Feeno

Maroonblood22

This just keep getting better! As Geoff said, if we don't win the league with this shambles as our main rivals then there's something far wrong!

I P Knightley

One step forward (Telfer ?170k); three steps back (BDO claim; Alexander ?84k and this ?250k).

This, though, seems to indicate that SPFL support continuity of Oldco/Newco, so a repeat admin and -25 points if it happens?

This week alone see's BDO after approx ?120k, Alexander ?84k & the SPFL ?250k PLUS Ashley / Rangers charged with breaching the rules.And of course Super salary ?750k. Their legal bill will be another ?250k :toff:

Edited by Meadows

@tedermeatballs: My info says RFC are unhappy with authorities. Two separate announcements to come.

One from each RFC :lol:

rangers are in an unofficial administration right now, Llambias making people redundant all over the place. Just wait until January when the real cuts can happen! Every player will be allowed to leave.

New rangers thought that they could carry on the same way as old rangers, unfortunately in this day and age the banks aren't so happy to hand out 10's of millions to clubs anymore, they are the only club in the country that still thinks operating in this manner is the way to go and they will be extinct (again) soon enough.

This week alone see's BDO after approx ?120k, Alexander ?84k & the SPFL ?250k PLUS Ashley / Rangers charged with breaching the rules.And of course Super salary ?750k. Their legal bill will be another ?250k :toff:

....and next week their payroll is due - the one they've already publicly admitted they do not have the money to cover. Edited by The Gasman

....and next week their payroll is due - the one they've already publicly admired they do not have the money to cover.

It is very much publicly admired, at least everywhere except Govan mate ;-)

The Old Tolbooth

....and next week their payroll is due - the one they've already publicly admitted they do not have the money to cover.

I look forward to the transfer embargo stopping them bringing in anyone over the age of 21 like they did to us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone have any theories as to why this has happened now, so long after the event?

Ate they throwing the book at Rangers because they're not playing ball re Ashley?

Anyone have any theories as to why this has happened now, so long after the event?

Ate they throwing the book at Rangers because they're not playing ball re Ashley?

They dont have Vlad to fund the Christmas party this year?

I look forward to the transfer embargo stopping them bringing in anyone over the age of 21 like they did to us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this happens, I can guarantee the embargo will start as of 31st Jan :lol:

"former Rangers captain and BBC pundit Craig Paterson says the implications of the latest bout of negativity could impact on the entire Scottish game, indicating that, once again, the Scottish FA have been caught between a rock and a hard place and he warns that the rest of the country?s top clubs need to prepare for the fall-out." Hootsmon)

No sorry Craig if and when The Rangers die again Scottish football will benefit no end.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic