The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

You are right but the terms of the punt mean if the SP don't recover to the option price he either has to pay the difference or buy the shares at the agreed price.

At that point you would imagine he will buy the shares so he can look to recover some of the damage by looking to get his brands in to Tesco. (He has a history of buying shares in other retailers to try and get some influence / info etc)

The two things no one knows is the agreed option price and the expirey date.

He'll just pay the difference I reckon - looks similar to Debenhams but much harder to have influence if he takes delivery. Although to be fair, the other thing nobody really know with Ashley is his motivation on both this and Sevco.

A put option is a contract to sell. If Zico is correct (and I have no insight into the specifics of the deal), it suggests to me that Ashley already owns the Tesco shares and is gambling on them going down in price at which point he will exercise the option and make a profit. Zico's knowledge of derivatives seems shakey at best though.

:lol:

:jjyay:

Ashley sticking as many fingers up at the Sweet FA as Vlad did!

maybe he'll aegue appointment is nothing to do with him

not credible but you never know with sharp lawyers

I think the SFA are already aware this appointment was coming and thats why the charge was raised at the start of the week.

The new CE still has to rip out the SpIvs and reduce costs so ultimately this will be interesting only in what our governing body does.

They are still fried.

99% of the posts on this thread are total bollocks by people who have not one clue what Mike Ashley's intentions and involvement at the new Rangers actually is... but try to make it sound as though the have some coherent idea of his strategy. 

One thing that is known about this man is that he is a very successful business man who knows how to turn around flagging entities. I think that people should get their head's around this fact and accept that he is going to turn Rangers around... does not mean the team is going to become any great thing though!

99% of the posts on this thread are total bollocks by people who have not one clue what Mike Ashley's intentions and involvement at the new Rangers actually is... but try to make it sound as though the have some coherent idea of his strategy. 

One thing that is known about this man is that he is a very successful business man who knows how to turn around flagging entities. I think that people should get their head's around this fact and accept that he is going to turn Rangers around... does not mean the team is going to become any great thing though!

I've no problem with Ashley turning Rangers round either financially or successfully on the pitch.

Just as long as the football authorities aren't complicit along the way by allowing him to do stuff outwith the rules or having to use the 'at the discretion of the board clause' that of late has only been used to support one team.

The rules say 3% max, he now has nearly 10% at the discretion of the board and at a guess he will go up to 29.9% by hook or by crook.

You're getting very brash lately.

Who'll be gone first? You or rangers?

99% of the posts on this thread are total bollocks by people who have not one clue what Mike Ashley's intentions and involvement at the new Rangers actually is... but try to make it sound as though the have some coherent idea of his strategy.

So what's your option or best guess as to how Ashely is going to square away his involvement and influence in The Rangers and Newcastle despite there being clear rules that it is not allowed? Edited by Dannie Boy

So

December salaries then.

I would assume that they will need to be in the bank by the Wednesday the 24th?

Where are they getting the money to pay this?

Or are the squad getting paid in IOU's?

Footballfirst

Re the Ashley "put option", I think that he has sold a put option, rather than bought a put option, i.e. he is acting as the bookie in this bet, with Goldman as the punter.

My understanding of a put option is that you bet on a share price falling.   e.g. Share price is 100p, you think it is over priced and will fall to 95p or lower.  You find someone to make your bet.  Your stake money is 2p on the right to sell one share to the other party at 95p as some point over the next three months.  During that period the price drops to 90p. You exercise your option which is basically to buy one share at 90p and sell it to the other party for 95p, and voila, you have made 5p, less your stake money, so 3p profit. You have more than doubled your money. Repeat for 100m shares, and you bet ?2m and get a profit of ?3m.  In reality no shares actually change hands. There is good money to be made if your betting instincts are good.  Your potential losses are limited to 2p a share but with a huge upside, and you don't have to come up with the cash to actually buy the shares.. 

I P Knightley

But how much are those property assets actually worth? We've all been to Ibrox, not exactly prime real estate, and if it got close to the end game you can be sure that Archibald Leach stand will suddenly become culturally important. Not sure about the land Murray Park is on in terms of development.

Ashley doesn't have (to the best of my knowledge) a track record in property dealing or development. 

With his business hat on (not his gambling one) he'll have a clear strategy and if it were to include property, this would be a very peculiar way to go about it.

"This is a successful outcome to the process, announced on 27 October 2014, which involved interviewing a number of high-calibre candidates.

So they did :lol:

I never got a reply from my CV.

He'll just pay the difference I reckon - looks similar to Debenhams but much harder to have influence if he takes delivery. Although to be fair, the other thing nobody really know with Ashley is his motivation on both this and Sevco.

Trading in derivatives (including put options) is, by and large, a form of gambling, no different to spread betting. The vast majority of option trades have nothing to do with physical transaction of any shares.

You're getting very brash lately.

Who'll be gone first? You or rangers?

What is brash about my statement? There are people posting comments on here that seem to indicate that MA does not have a clue what he is doing! He is far from clue less and has some sort of plan... not one person one here knows what it is though. It would appear that on this forum you are either not a Hearts supporter or worse still a Hibs/Celtic or Rangers fan if you don't go with the flow of those supposedly INK oracles.

"I've no problem with Ashley turning Rangers round either financially or successfully on the pitch.

Just as long as the football authorities aren't complicit along the way by allowing him to do stuff outwith the rules or having to use the 'at the discretion of the board clause' that of late has only been used to support one team.

The rules say 3% max, he now has nearly 10% at the discretion of the board and at a guess he will go up to 29.9% by hook or by crook."

I 100% agree with all of that... people had better prepare themselves because what will happen will happen and there is not one thing any of us will be able to do to change that fact!

So

December salaries then.

There must be money somewhere or Llambias wages are being paid off the books.

"And Rangers told the Stock Exchange: "In line with the cost-cutting exercise announced on 12 November 2014, Mr Llambias's remuneration will be significantly lower than previously offered for this position."

Footballfirst

So

December salaries then.

I read somewhere that Llambias had indicated to a Rangers fans group, that Rangers Retail would advance a dividend payment to the club in order to make up the shortfall in December's cash flow.

What is brash about my statement? There are people posting comments on here that seem to indicate that MA does not have a clue what he is doing! He is far from clue less and has some sort of plan... not one person one here knows what it is though. It would appear that on this forum you are either not a Hearts supporter or worse still a Hibs/Celtic or Rangers fan if you don't go with the flow of those supposedly INK oracles.

"I've no problem with Ashley turning Rangers round either financially or successfully on the pitch.

The rules say 3% max, he now has nearly 10% at the discretion of the board and at a guess he will go up to 29.9% by hook or by crook."

I 100% agree with all of that... people had better prepare themselves because what will happen will happen and there is not one thing any of us will be able to do to change that fact!

Like how it was inevitable that Rangers had to remain in the SPL?

So what's your option or best guess as to how Ashely is going to square away his involvement and influence in The Rangers and Newcastle despite there being clear rules that it is not allowed?

To be honest I cannot speculate I don't have access to the mans mind or thoughts... but he is not out to lose money it goes against his known habits. What I will say is this forget any notion of fairness or equity in the world of Scottish football at any level! What happens will happen and we will just have to swallow it down as we always have done!!!

The only way ashley can make money out of rangers is to ditch high earners and grow the club organically rather than with multi million pound players and warchests

Look how quickly we turned it around this summer?

It requires a change in attitude from the orcs though

But in the short term it should benefit us - as in January players will leave

I think most people on this thread know MA indeed 'has a clue'

He knows exactly what he is doing and it's not to the benefit of your club on or off the park. Its for the benefit of MA.

January is now going to be a very interesting month as far as Sevco are concerned. We'll all know what Ashley's true intention are shortly - one thing is certain and that is that the number one ambition as far Ashley is concerned is to make money out of them one way or the other. They'll need another loan in January just to pay the bills and the wages - if Ashley provides it and it's secured against Ibrox then his true intentions are pretty obvious.

I read somewhere that Llambias had indicated to a Rangers fans group, that Rangers Retail would advance a dividend payment to the club in order to make up the shortfall in December's cash flow.

The December wages must be ok otherwise Llambias would be daft to become Chief Exec right now.

"He knows exactly what he is doing and He knows exactly what he is doing and it's not to the benefit of your club on or off the park. Its for the benefit of MA.

Typical of what I have just pointed out "it's not to the benefit of your club"

because my post does not fit the ITK model I am a Rangers supporter :)

Jambof3tornado

To be honest I cannot speculate I don't have access to the mans mind or thoughts... but he is not out to lose money it goes against his known habits. What I will say is this forget any notion of fairness or equity in the world of Scottish football at any level! What happens will happen and we will just have to swallow it down as we always have done!!!

Utter codswallop.

It's actually hilarious :lol: giving the SFA both barrels.

I'm sure that every fan in Scotland who have watched their team get punished over the years for the most trifling of offenses or suffering administration or worse are loving watching Ashley do whatever he wants so far without punishment.

I'm not. If he gets away with it then it is the equivalent of a big flag from the authorities admitting they are scared of the OF.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Actually there is.

Supporter power ensured that the new entity known as Sevco was not parachuted into the league. If the Sweet FA bend over backwards to break their own rules, similar actions can force change. The Sweet FA is empowered by the clubs who are in turn empowered by their fans. Apathy and ennui are what the Sweet FA rely on.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can't remember any posts suggesting Ashley is stupid. :unsure:

That's because there is none.

If anything, if Ashley had done the Chuck Green in 2012 Sevco WOULD be walking the leagues and not enduring spivvery on all sides.

The vast majority of option trades have nothing to do with physical transaction of any shares.

Indeed. Exactly the point I made earlier.

:lol:

Given you are confusing put/ call options and are writing of 'paying the difference ', my point stands I'm afraid.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm sure that every fan in Scotland who have watched their team get punished over the years for the most trifling of offenses or suffering administration or worse are loving watching Ashley do whatever he wants so far without punishment.

I'm not. If he gets away with it then it is the equivalent of a big flag from the authorities admitting they are scared of the OF.

Bingo

Re the Ashley "put option", I think that he has sold a put option, rather than bought a put option, i.e. he is acting as the bookie in this bet, with Goldman as the punter.

My understanding of a put option is that you bet on a share price falling. e.g. Share price is 100p, you think it is over priced and will fall to 95p or lower. You find someone to make your bet. Your stake money is 2p on the right to sell one share to the other party at 95p as some point over the next three months. During that period the price drops to 90p. You exercise your option which is basically to buy one share at 90p and sell it to the other party for 95p, and voila, you have made 5p, less your stake money, so 3p profit. You have more than doubled your money. Repeat for 100m shares, and you bet ?2m and get a profit of ?3m. In reality no shares actually change hands. There is good money to be made if your betting instincts are good. Your potential losses are limited to 2p a share but with a huge upside, and you don't have to come up with the cash to actually buy the shares..

This is what I was trying to explain this morning, more difficult to explain in depth when you're replying on your phone.

Edited by Martin_T

Llambias is new CEO.

Suggests MA long haul or a I'm bigger than you gesture to SFA.

yep  that was a cert,other candidates and interviews  my A***

Er, in what way is the put option even relevant?

It's not, just my pedantic nature seeing something that needed to be corrected Geoff.

"one thing is certain and that is that the number one ambition as far Ashley is concerned is to make money out of them one way or the other."

Absolutely Vlad thought the same when he took over Hearts! The thing is that on this forum the making of money is also very often linked to Rangers being a failure on the field and having poor playing staff... what is the thinking here? My take on many of the posts on this thread is that for MA to make money out of the business there must be a less than successful team on the field and they will struggle in this dept... why should this be? If there is one thing that I can see and there is no doubt that MA can see is that Rangers are a very baldy run football club both on and off the field. It goes with out saying that if they had been better managed, both fiscally and in a footballing sense the would be in a much better place right now, maybe he sees this and has some plan to rectify the situation and make the business a success?

So

December salaries then.

It's interesting to note that despite the apparent financial woes, they seem to pay wages on time each month.

I'd also add that in my work I invoice Rangers on a regular basis and have never had any paid late.

"one thing is certain and that is that the number one ambition as far Ashley is concerned is to make money out of them one way or the other."

Absolutely Vlad thought the same when he took over Hearts! The thing is that on this forum the making of money is also very often linked to Rangers being a failure on the field and having poor playing staff... what is the thinking here? My take on many of the posts on this thread is that for MA to make money out of the business there must be a less than successful team on the field and they will struggle in this dept... why should this be? If there is one thing that I can see and there is no doubt that MA can see is that Rangers are a very baldy run football club both on and off the field. It goes with out saying that if they had been better managed, both fiscally and in a footballing sense the would be in a much better place right now, maybe he sees this and has some plan to rectify the situation and make the business a success?

Not so. Vlad acquired Hearts as a vanity project. The club was a rich man's toy.

There was never money to be made here 

"He knows exactly what he is doing and He knows exactly what he is doing and it's not to the benefit of your club on or off the park. Its for the benefit of MA.

Typical of what I have just pointed out "it's not to the benefit of your club"

because my post does not fit the ITK model I am a Rangers supporter :)

you are not seriously trying to convince us that you are not a rangers fan are you? If so crack on and I'll let others waste their time on your posts

"one thing is certain and that is that the number one ambition as far Ashley is concerned is to make money out of them one way or the other."Absolutely Vlad thought the same when he took over Hearts! The thing is that on this forum the making of money is also very often linked to Rangers being a failure on the field and having poor playing staff... what is the thinking here? My take on many of the posts on this thread is that for MA to make money out of the business there must be a less than successful team on the field and they will struggle in this dept... why should this be? If there is one thing that I can see and there is no doubt that MA can see is that Rangers are a very baldy run football club both on and off the field. It goes with out saying that if they had been better managed, both fiscally and in a footballing sense the would be in a much better place right now, maybe he sees this and has some plan to rectify the situation and make the business a success And make himself and Sports direct some money.?

FTFY

Geoff Kilpatrick

I like how Orcs are praying that Mashley has a WAR CHEZTZ!

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!

"To be honest I cannot speculate I don't have access to the mans mind or thoughts... but he is not out to lose money it goes against his known habits. What I will say is this forget any notion of fairness or equity in the world of Scottish football at any level! What happens will happen and we will just have to swallow it down as we always have done!!!

Utter codswallop. "

Elaborate please!

Given you are confusing put/ call options and are writing of 'paying the difference ', my point stands I'm afraid.

I'm not confused. Ashley sold a put, Goldmans bought, he thinks Tesco's price will rise so he'll profit, it's down so he's currently out the money. Depending when the option expires, if he's below exercise, he can either take delivery or 'pay the difference' in cash. If he's above, he'll get a premium.

Enlighten me, please.

you are not seriously trying to convince us that you are not a rangers fan are you? If so crack on and I'll let others waste their time on your posts

This guy gets it.

Mid-level interloper. Good enough to get past the first few dozen posts without being rumbled, but the mask begins to slip due to arrogance/ignorance thereafter.

To be honest I cannot speculate I don't have access to the mans mind or thoughts... 

If any of us had access to his mind or thoughts there would be no need for any of us to speculate what his next move is, because we would know what's on his mind.

But because none of us know what's on his mind, then that is why we speculate.

Just saying.

"you are not seriously trying to convince us that you are not a rangers fan are you? If so crack on and I'll let others waste their time on your posts"

What a F'n slaver! The only time I have ever been to Ibrox was to watch Hearts play Falkirk in the 98 SF and the only time I have ever watched Rangers play is at Tynecastle and that is in more than 50 years of supporting Hearts... incidentally I have only ever been to Parkhead twice to watch the famous against Rangers LCF and SCF. Further more I would be willing to put money on the fact I was watching Hearts play before you were on the planet you are just another Johnny come lately but you crack on ! But that is all inconsequential your an uber Hearts fan that is a given and because I don't post what you want to read I am a Rangers fan as I say F'n slaver.

Hagar the Horrible

Why would Mike Ashtray want to end up owning a club that brings in ?12m via ticket sales and cost ?24m to run, and wasted ?70m in two and a half years to win two part time leagues, If they are at best equal with us in this league , what is it going to cost to be competitive with the likes of Aberdeen or Dundee utd who have no debt, never mind Celtic.  MA just wants to control the branding arm of the business, but who can relly second guess his actual long term plan, I bet even he does not know yet?

Jambof3tornado

"To be honest I cannot speculate I don't have access to the mans mind or thoughts... but he is not out to lose money it goes against his known habits. What I will say is this forget any notion of fairness or equity in the world of Scottish football at any level! What happens will happen and we will just have to swallow it down as we always have done!!!

Utter codswallop. "

Elaborate please!

We didnt swallow the "the rangers" being shoehorned back where they didnt belong!

Social media has a big part to play in forcing the beaks to behave.

Time will tell.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic