The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hopefully a fair chunk of the cash will be returned to the creditors of oldco, and Rangers (new) will receive only a small amount of cash.

Given the governing body has copped out of it, this may not happen.

The article suggests the discussions will take place between BDO and NewCo.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the SPFL if it transpires the money is due to BDO on behalf of OldCo creditors and for one reason or another the money doesn't make it to BDO.

Indeed if I was Dundee United, I'd send the money to the SPFL to send to Rangers.  Or at least ask the SPFL ift hey are prepared to facilitate payment.

Edited by DETTY29

Shanks said no

Hopefully a fair chunk of the cash will be returned to the creditors of oldco, and Rangers (new) will receive only a small amount of cash.

Is this only applicable because its a development fee or would BDO be able to make a claim for any fee gained from selling Lewis MacLeod who had been with Oldco since 2004?

BDO will not give a damn who's toes they may step on, and if they think they can get money for the creditors the represent, I've no doubt they'll go after it.

If BDO were to take it to court (which they may feel obliged to do) it may open a massive can of worms, and create a legal ruling that does not suit NewCo or the SFA.

Not sure I would assume McCulloch would automatically be a bad coach, actually. Plenty ex players coach and encourage a style of play that you would not expect compared to their playing style.

Another point about McCulloch, is he is not a shite player, as many like to suggest. When I was a teenager, he was a tough and fairly rapid forward for Motherwell who scored a lot of goals, he was a tough and tricky winger at Wigan Athletic in my twenties, and nowadays he covers central midfield and centrehalf. He is a dirty player, absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever, and he is also a moaning *******. I doubt he's a particularly bright chap academically either... I just don't think he is anywhere near as shite as some like to think.

He is also a total prick though, that should not be glossed over. :)

I Remember we were going to sign him ........for a ridiculous fee.......can't remember him scoring that many though, in fact his nickname "Jig" was from his Motherwell team mates ...........as in Jigsaw...........because he fell to pieces in the box!!!!

Footballfirst

Neil Alexander wins a claim for ?84K from Rangers

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/303747-scottish-fa-to-hear-appeal-as-neil-alexander-wins-84000-from-rangers/

Rangers to appeal.

Rangers have appealed an SPFL tribunal decision to award Neil Alexander ?84,000 after he won a breach of contract claim against the club.

STV understands the former Ibrox goalkeeper was successful in proving to a panel recently that he was due the money as part of a contractual agreement which the club reneged upon.

Alexander, who now plays for Hearts, was due to receive an increase in wages and bonuses if his competitor for the number one jersey, Allan McGregor, left the club.

McGregor quit Rangers for Besiktas in 2012 after successfully terminating his contract when it was moved between two companies under TUPE regulation.

It is understood Rangers argued that McGregor did not technically "transfer" away from the club given the circumstances.

But the tribunal ruled he did, meaning Alexander's contract clause was valid.

A date is yet to be set for the appeal to be heard by a Scottish FA judicial panel.

Alexander started his fight for the money in December last year, with reports at the time suggesting he may use the civil court to argue his case.

Edited by Footballfirst

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I Remember we were going to sign him ........for a ridiculous fee.......can't remember him scoring that many though, in fact his nickname "Jig" was from his Motherwell team mates ...........as in Jigsaw...........because he fell to pieces in the box!!!!

He had a pretty decent partnership with Spencer, I think. One of the pair always seemed to score. He was definitely a handful though, and there's no denying to hit the deck a bit easily, even then.

The news just gets better by the day. :2thumbsup:

To be honest, though, the thread should have been closed months ago.

:1132:

sevco fans now firmly believe MA will take full control based on the fact that Romanov owned Hearts and kaunas

sevco fans now firmly believe MA will take full control based on the fact that Romanov owned Hearts and kaunas

Brilliant. Does anyone have the heart to tell them he didn't actually own Kaunas?

Phil D. Corners

It's a good point. But technically I don't think Vald 'directly' owned Hearts.

It's a good point. But technically I don't think Vald 'directly' owned Hearts.

Correct but it didnt stop the GFA from making up a new rule to fine him ?100,000

Brilliant. Does anyone have the heart to tell them he didn't actually own Kaunas?

He didn't actually own Hearts either.

Yeah - and although he didn't directly own either Club, it all ended just so well..! :rolleyes:

He didn't actually own Hearts either.

No, but he was the majority shareholder in the company that did. I don't think that was the case at Kaunas. I'm pretty sure he was just their sponsor.

All the Sevco bullshit is tying them up in knots now.

Is BDO going down the route of same name; same badge; same stadium; same customers; retained history and retained honours

Must be a phoenix....

King Of The Cat Cafe

Is BDO going down the route of same name; same badge; same stadium; same customers; retained history and retained honours

Must be a phoenix....

Or a duck.....walks like, talks like and so on.....

Ashley is involved because he is a player. In this particular instance , he is a player beyond the worst nightmares of the SFA/SPFL & Sevco. He can demand what he wants and get it because it might just be that the alternative for Sevco & the SFA is so unpalatable that it will scare them to death. Sevco have made fools of the SFA and now MA is going to make fools of everyone - and make piles of cash into the bargain. I am ordering industrial amounts of popcorn for the festive period and beyond.

I should have bought shares in Butterkist a couple of years ago, I'd surely be minted by now!

Wonder how long it's going to take for Ashley to get peed off with all of this and decide to pull the plug on them.

i wish jj was my dad

Wonder how long it's going to take for Ashley to get peed off with all of this and decide to pull the plug on them.

But, but Craig Whyte, Dave King Mike Ashley will saved them etc.

brunoatemyhamster

He won't. He'll keep sweating them. all this is good for Ashley.

He's the only show in town, and when they need money next, he'll be able to ask for what he want, on his terms. And he'll get it.

He propably won't give them enough dosh in one go to see them through. If they are desperate, they are much easier to deal with.

The fact that Ashley is there seems to have frightened all interested parties away as they know what he's all about.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

If I was him I would be seeking counsel with BDO on how far they are prepared to go on behalf of OldCo creditors.

He won't. He'll keep sweating them. all this is good for Ashley.

He's the only show in town, and when they need money next, he'll be able to ask for what he want, on his terms. And he'll get it.

He propably won't give them enough dosh in one go to see them through. If they are desperate, they are much easier to deal with.

The fact that Ashley is there seems to have frightened all interested parties away as they know what he's all about.

"He'll keep them sweating" - yep things starting to hot up

h8wO9JF.gif?1

"He'll keep them sweating" - yep things starting to hot up

h8wO9JF.gif?1

Rangers Board: 'Mike, Mike, we're totally in the shit and need someone to pony up ?8m to see us right until the end of the season.'

Mike Ashley: 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind!'

No, but he was the majority shareholder in the company that did. I don't think that was the case at Kaunas. I'm pretty sure he was just their sponsor.

I don't even believe he was that. Vlad may have had the most shares in UBIG but he was not the majority shareholder i.e. >50%. However most of the other shares were split among his family and other companies that he also controlled. He certainly was the controlling shareholder. Murky waters.

The point was that he acted like he owned Hearts, which in essence he did.

I don't even believe he was that. Vlad may have had the most shares in UBIG but he was not the majority shareholder i.e. >50%. However most of the other shares were split among his family and other companies that he also controlled. He certainly was the controlling shareholder. Murky waters.

Fortunately, he has feck all to do with our beloved club anymore. 

Footballfirst

I have a couple of snapshots of UBIG shareholdings

From 2009

Vladimir Romanov    26.18%
Newfield Investors    25.00%
Impexnet    20.24%
Baltmet Holding    13.97%
Kauno Tiekimas    5.90%
Others    8.71%

From Dec 2012

26,8% Baltmet Holding
17,3% - ?kio Bankas
16,9% - P. Romanov
10% - Capital Property Holding
8,3% - Optimum Property Holding
6,9% - Associated Property Holding
5,1% - Olga Gon?aruk

Can't stand this guff about Europe being a platform for Ashley to brand Sports Direct. If he was that interested he's have out money in Celtic for Sponsorship or would be investing more in Newcastle.

He is there for nothing other than to make money, and that is his onerous contract.

If a self confessed 'cockney geordie' isn't interested in his own team, why would he be interested in TRFC

Again a decent journalist would ask the question since all advertising is through official champ league channels and not per team why would he think buying a 2nd tier basketcase like Rangers would increase his brand awareness.

Utter madness that this still gets trotted out..

WorldChampions1902

Jeez.......this saga has more twists and turns than "The Singing Ringing Tree". And IIRC, that was full of Bears as well.

Time to top up my popcorn.

Again a decent journalist would ask the question since all advertising is through official champ league channels and not per team why would he think buying a 2nd tier basketcase like Rangers would increase his brand awareness.

Utter madness that this still gets trotted out..

Graham Speirs and Stephen McGowan (Scottish Daily Mail) on Scotland Tonight to discuss if Rangers can turn it round off field this season.

Wonder if McGowan will be the bad cop to challenge Spiers assertion that Ashley will invest tens of millions for CL success and Europe wide advertising.

Even if the presenter would ask these questions of Spiers.

Can't stand this guff about Europe being a platform for Ashley to brand Sports Direct. If he was that interested he's have out money in Celtic for Sponsorship or would be investing more in Newcastle.

He is there for nothing other than to make money, and that is his onerous contract.

If a self confessed 'cockney geordie' isn't interested in his own team, why would he be interested in TRFC

Agreed. He already has a platform for a GLOBAL exposure for his brand as he has Newcastle United in the Premiership. People watch that all over the world by the millions.

A lot more viewers than a random midweek european game of The Rangers versus FC Random Nobody would attract anyway.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I can't decide if these journos can't work it out or if they simply can't bring themselves to say it - Ashley is only interested in the value of the brand. Rangers are just another Slazenger, Dunlop or Karrimor to him. He doesn't care about pumping money into a football team as a vanity project and he doesn't need Sports Direct to possibly get no exposure in an away tie in Luxembourg in the Champions League preliminary rounds in six years time.

@McNallyMirror: Sevco bid to be both a newco & the same club as Rangers 1872 unraveling. Truth outs as BDO go after Telfer cash & Alexander wins his claim.

Agreed. He already has a platform for a GLOBAL exposure for his brand as he has Newcastle United in the Premiership. People watch that all over the world by the millions.

A lot more viewers than a random midweek european game of The Rangers versus FC Random Nobody would attract anyway.

His best bet would be to rename them Sports Direct Rangers so that every time the club is mentioned in the media he gets exposure.

Apart from on Euro nights.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

@McNallyMirror: Sevco bid to be both a newco & the same club as Rangers 1872 unraveling. Truth outs as BDO go after Telfer cash & Alexander wins his claim.

Ignoring sycophantic 'pundits', is it just me or are actual football reporters starting to take a lot more shots than they used to? It's beginning to feel like Rangers at last are fair game.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic