The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Anyone have any theories as to why this has happened now, so long after the event?

Ate they throwing the book at Rangers because they're not playing ball re Ashley?

Ashley is an SFA specific thing.

The prize money SPL/SPFL although the all the football authorities were part of the 5 way agreement where NewCo liable for any OldCo football debt to allow Sevco to play Brechin and TRFC to play further games when SevCo to TRFC transfer complete.

Edited by DETTY29

Cash in: Telfer - ?204,000

Cash out (potentially): SFA fine - ?10,000, SPFL withholding payment - ?250,000, Alexander compensation - ?84,000, BDO claim - ?120,000.

If they all go against Sevco then they are ?260k in the red on the above. Add to that the fact they can't pay December's wage bill and of course still face the Imran Ahmad case too. They are an utter mess. ?8m needed? I suspect it is significantly more than that!

While Alexander has created a wall on the pitch, be might be wise to think about a ring fence off it!

(I notice the SPFL are taking their cash from prize money not yet paid!) 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone have any theories as to why this has happened now, so long after the event?

Ate they throwing the book at Rangers because they're not playing ball re Ashley?

The naive optimist in me would want to believe the SFA have grown a backbone.

The cynical realist in me suspects they are covering their own arse, after discussions with Rangers people confirmed it won't sink them.

Who knows though.

The Mighty Thor

"former Rangers captain and BBC pundit Craig Paterson says the implications of the latest bout of negativity could impact on the entire Scottish game, indicating that, once again, the Scottish FA have been caught between a rock and a hard place and he warns that the rest of the country?s top clubs need to prepare for the fall-out." Hootsmon)

No sorry Craig if and when The Rangers die again Scottish football will benefit no end.

So the The The Raingurs 3.0 will lead to Armageddon 2.0?

:lol:

They're taking right up the gary at the minute. :pleasing: 

Ashley is an SFA specific thing.

The prize money SPL/SPFL although the all the football authorities were part of the 5 way agreement where NewCo liable for any OldCo football debt to allow Sevco to play Brechin and TRFC to play further games when SevCo to TRFC transfer complete.

of course, duh.

The question's still worth asking though- why now? At such a sensitive time, what's prompted this?

There's that many parties involved in this it's starting to look like the "battle of the 5 armies"

This could be the next 100 Year War then.

Airdrieonians was a fairly simple liquidation and it took 10 years to complete and sign off.

Until the RFC plc liquidation process is finally signed off it looks like there will be many twists and turns.

Any criminal charges and exhausted HMRC appeals will have to complete too before we get to end game. Although they should be ahead of liquidation sign off.

"former Rangers captain and BBC pundit Craig Paterson says the implications of the latest bout of negativity could impact on the entire Scottish game, indicating that, once again, the Scottish FA have been caught between a rock and a hard place and he warns that the rest of the country?s top clubs need to prepare for the fall-out." Hootsmon)

No sorry Craig if and when The Rangers die again Scottish football will benefit no end.

He still believes that crap, despite it already being proven that this is not the case.

Skivingatwork

Why does this rubbish continually get spouted by those in the media? If there was going to be a 'nuclear winter' in Scottish football following rangers demise it would have already happened. As it stands, with the exception of celtic, every other top flight team has taken steps to get their house in order financially and are now considerably better off than when they were spending out with their means.

IMO they actually realise this and don't want to admit that all they are interested in is helicopter Sunday's returning.

The Old Tolbooth

If this happens, I can guarantee the embargo will start as of 31st Jan :lol:

Good point, it would mirror their last transfer embargo which started as soon as the window shut! You couldn't make it up with this lot :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

of course, duh.

The question's still worth asking though- why now? At such a sensitive time, what's prompted this?

No idea.

Football authorities watching BDO actions and using precedent?

Ho ho ho Merry Xmas they really are getting a dry length and not a bit of lube in the big hoose.

They have to fall over shortly.....surely.

Edited by Jamboelite

League appear confident club signed up to liability as part of 5 way agreement. #Rangers

BBC understands #Rangers approached SPFL board directors in past few months to discuss 250k EBT payment terms.

---------------------

And just when you think things couldn't get any murkier, extracts of Brian McLaughlin tweets, notably latter one.

Edited by DETTY29

And still no news on Imran and his out of court settlement,which in my opinion will bring down the house of cards!

Is that not all done and dusted, thought the settlement had been made ??? - am I wrong - hope so :)

Cash in: Telfer - ?204,000

Cash out (potentially): SFA fine - ?10,000, SPFL withholding payment - ?250,000, Alexander compensation - ?84,000, BDO claim - ?120,000.

If they all go against Sevco then they are ?260k in the red on the above. Add to that the fact they can't pay December's wage bill and of course still face the Imran Ahmad case too. They are an utter mess. ?8m needed? I suspect it is significantly more than that!

The 204,000 figure includes VAT of 34,000 so it really only is 170,000.

Perhaps it's to do with settling all football debt within two years.... The SFA class this as football debt and Sevco are late in paying it.

Is that not all done and dusted, thought the settlement had been made ??? - am I wrong - hope so :)

A settlement was agreed. Not sure, if how ever much it is, if it has been paid yet. I'd imagine it has been, personally.

No idea.

Football authorities watching BDO actions and using precedent?

Or BDO stating the "oldco" is not liable for it and SPFL being told by BDO to get it from the Newco.

Jambof3tornado

The settlement was for an amount less than he was asking to be ringfenced but as to if its been paid yet.....I dont think so.

The settlement was for an amount less than he was asking to be ringfenced but as to if its been paid yet.....I dont think so.

Ah OK, I thought it had been settled.

We_are_the_Hearts

Craig Paterson - A Hun with a soft spot for Hibs, couldn't think of anything worse to be honest. His opinion is up there with his technical football skills...............PISH

Don't forget Ally walking away today with a settlement - although not guaranteed.

Every other club in Scotland has adjusted to the deficit left by Rangers Liquidation, bar Celtic. Celtic is the only club that misses anything from Rangers financially.

Every other club in Scotland has adjusted to the deficit left by Rangers Liquidation, bar Celtic. Celtic is the only club that misses anything from Rangers financially.

yes and I remember Celtic saying they didn't need rangers because of the size of the  Celtic support

Good point, it would mirror their last transfer embargo which started as soon as the window shut! You couldn't make it up with this lot :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, it's a bit academic this time, as they've not got a snotter in the bank to sign anyone with....

My friend was at uni and was totally skint constantly. I met him in Asda once and he was buying an enormous amount of beans, I said "u don't like beans". He said "I know but I have a good imagination, I will pretend they are something else". This is the MSM attitude towards Rangers. If we keep pretending they are the pre admin Rangers everyone will believe us and we can continue to get paid for doing the square root of nothing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can anyone give a brief overview of this 'five way agreement' as I'm totally confused/lost...

If it wasn't a secret I would!

Can anyone give a brief overview of this 'five way agreement' as I'm totally confused/lost...

what I can remember is Sevco had to pay the spfl or whatever they were called at the time,?900,000 (roughly) and to date I don't know if a bean of that has been paid back think it was fines and legal costs that the new co had to honor

Edited by hearts007

International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Scottish Professional Football League Limited ("SPFL") Claim.

The board of the SPFL has determined that Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club") is liable to pay the EBT Commission fine of £250,000 levied on RFC 2012 PLC (previously The Rangers Football Club plc) (in liquidation) The SPFL has also decided that this sum will be recovered from the Club by the SPFL withholding broadcasting money and other sums due to the Club but which are paid in the first instance to the SPFL. An appeal has been lodged with the Judicial Panel of the Scottish FA which has confirmed that the decision of the SPFL is suspended pending the outcome of the appeal subject to the SPFL's right to object. The Board is advised that the sum is not due to SPFL and the appeal will be pursued vigorously.

:sweeet:

Chaka Demus & pliers

Anything about Hearts in news today being under investigation for making illegal payments to players and agents? Got a text (from a hun) going on about it??

The Pallardo story?

I know it may not be the popular thought, but while I hope rangers do suffer I don't like the thought that people, particularly those in back office, retail type jobs may loose their's due to the greed of those above them

Footballfirst

The bit that deals with liability for the ?250K fine

2.2 The SFA, Sevco and RFC hereby agree that on Completion Sevco shall, other than with respect to the CW Exempt Acts, become liable and responsible for the purpose of imposition of sanctions by the SFA for any and all acts and/or omissions of RFC and/or Rangers FC, including the matters detailed in clause 2.4 and clause 2.5 and the CW Enduring Acts, which predated Completion and which caused, resulted in, contributed or led to a breach of or failure to fulfil any provision or provisions of the SFA Legislation by RFC and/or Rangers FC as if, for that purpose, such acts and/or omissions had occurred at a time when Sevco was a full member of the SFA and Rangers FC had been owned and operated by Sevco and Sevco had been a full member of the SFA.

Edited by Footballfirst

It's was reported at the time that Dundee Utd had already paid newco ?60,000 before the tribunal, so newco might in fact get very little or even nothing else if BDO win.

SPFL statement: "Rangers Football Club Limited (?Rangers Newco?) signed agreement under which they would be liable for sums such as this.

"David Somers and Graham Wallace engaged in individual discussions with SPFL Board...acknowledging the liability."  "...and suggesting ways of paying the sums due."

"It was only when no sums actually arrived from Rangers that SPFL Board decided to offset iability against future sums payable to the Club."

Rangers then have a written agreement with the SPFL to pay the EBT fine. And now Rangers are trying to get out of it.

Andy Coyle ?@STV_Andy  4m4 minutes ago

Interesting SPFL statement. Rangers agreed to pay and signed agreement then didn't. Withholding funds the obvious next step for league.

Edited by Harry Palmer

I think they'll make it. There'll be some deal made where Ashley has to sever ties with Newcastle within 3 years or give up Rangers. He'll milk the Bears for that time before buggering back off to Newcastle, not before leaving behind some nasty onerous contracts.

Interesting in the Record today. Llambias the frontrunner to be chief exec, "sticking two fingers up" at the SFA. Ashley has also told them he plans to take on 29.9% of the club.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-dont-give-sfa-mike-4825182

The SFA should counter by 'sticking one (middle) finger' up at Sevco/Ashley and hitting them as hard as their rules allow. This circus has gone on long enough.

Edited by Musemic

I was thinking that myself, all of a sudden there are more articles actually having a go at Rangers rather than sucking up to them.  Still a lot of sycophants, but they appear to be falling into the minority.

It's called "Sticking the boot in"

It's what happens when a club/company is in severe distress, everybody wants a pop at you.

The whole oldco/newco farce and myth is being unravelled before our eyes.

"The Rangers" have to be very careful how they handle BDO over the Telfer case.  

If they pay up then they are admitting they are only 2 years old, if they don't pay up, BDO will nail them as a Phoenix Club, then watch HMRC wade in as well.

He might get some things wrong, but Grant Russell of STV basis his analysis on facts as he sees them, not through sycophantical leanings. (Please note BBC Scotland employees)

While no accredited name to article, this is in line with his tweets.

How SPFL money is paid to Championship teams.

http://m.stv.tv/news/west-central/303827-a-guide-to-how-much-spfl-clubs-are-paid-and-when-prize-money-is-received/

• Maple Leaf locked this topic