The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Didn't people (who have gone quite quiet) want this thread closed a few weeks ago?

Never mind the popcorn, time to get the Prosecco chilling.

It's all imploding and exploding both at the same time. Neither the SPFL SFA or Rangers will look good after this is finished no matter how they dress it up.

I look forward to Dung screaming points deduction :rolleyes:

Don't pay fine - SPFL points deduction.

Ashley increases his stake - SFA licence suspension.

Ouch.

Stick to rules at outset, a Rangers team would be playing somewhere just now, probably working way through league structure. Once liquidation completes, claim old history with approval of BDO.

However,

Asset sale overturned

Phoenix company

HMRC win BTC appeal

could all still come to pass.

(I think)

Edited by DETTY29

the spfl should'nt have had to withhold the funds,they should have  told sevco pay the money or you've broken the agreement and if you don't your licence is revoked and your out

Didn't people (who have gone quite quiet) want this thread closed a few weeks ago?

Never mind the popcorn, time to get the Prosecco chilling.

Can't believe the the 'Bit gay mate' smilie has gone :(  [i'd be using it here]

Can't believe the the 'Bit gay mate' smilie has gone :(  [i'd be using it here]

Why?

Its Italian Champagne and very nice it is too.

My son's a Jambo

Interesting in the Record today. Llambias the frontrunner to be chief exec, "sticking two fingers up" at the SFA. Ashley has also told them he plans to take on 29.9% of the club.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-dont-give-sfa-mike-4825182

From Record article "And sources close to the Rangers regime have confirmed Llambias is the clear frontrunner to land the highly lucrative role." WTF?

The interesting thing about this is that the SFA or whatever they are called arent doing this is a "sop" to be seen to try and do something

I'd be guessing that nearly every punter in Scotland had forgotten about this debt or thought it had gone away or been paid or whatever.

So in theory it could have been swept under the carpet but hasnt been.

From Record article "And sources close to the Rangers regime have confirmed Llambias is the clear frontrunner to land the highly lucrative role." WTF?

wouldn't be surprised if there are no interviews taking place or other candidates.just a smoke screen to make it look as though Derek Llambias was the best choice when in fact he was given the job directly...could be wrong though

I look forward to Dung screaming points deduction :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one Geoff, the clown Prince will be steering well clear of this train wreck methinks...

It's all imploding and exploding both at the same time. Neither the SPFL SFA or Rangers will look good after this is finished no matter how they dress it up.

This

No matter how it plays out someone is coming unstuck Rankers or the SFA. Its high noon at the Hokey Cokey Corral.

It's called "Sticking the boot in"

It's what happens when a club/company is in severe distress, everybody wants a pop at you.

The whole oldco/newco farce and myth is being unravelled before our eyes.

"The Rangers" have to be very careful how they handle BDO over the Telfer case.  

If they pay up then they are admitting they are only 2 years old, if they don't pay up, BDO will nail them as a Phoenix Club, then watch HMRC wade in as well.

There's also people becoming a bit tetchy that money they are owed or might be owed could be repaid pennies on the pound if it's not repaid quickly.

A flurry of high profile, seemingly hard-line activity prior to agreeing to let Ashley do what he likes (would be my assessment of the past week or so).

A flurry of high profile, seemingly hard-line activity prior to agreeing to let Ashley do what he likes (would be my assessment of the past week or so).

The cynic in me agrees.

Hagar the Horrible

This is building up to be bigger than the Eastenders Christmas story line,  If Llambias gets the top job, then the SFA/SPFL have no choice but to impose severe sanctions for the protection of the Game, we cant have rogue owners running our game anymore.  Its hard to keep up with all these individual threads

• SFA withhold ?250k fine for their EBT scandal, which they agreed in the secret 5-way agreement was dodgy, but in public to save face it was legal, nothing to see here?
  • The telfer deal has BDO wanting 66% of the money, and ?60k has already been paid by Utd
  • Neil want his appearance money
  • Ally want a pay-off that they have no money left to even pay this months wages with?

Its all gone pete tong.

The sfa will have to deal with and punish them over Ashley owning 2 clubs rule, clear breach  (whats the point in a fine there is no money left)

Failure to repay the fine, they agreed to....money retained

unpaid wages potentially?????  this will invoke an embargo

And the share are down to 17p, it looks like they have fallen into a cesspit ant it is up to their nostrils now,  who will throw them a life line when they are screaming abuse at the people holding the rope?

Seymour M Hersh

Good point, it would mirror their last transfer embargo which started as soon as the window shut! You couldn't make it up with this lot :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course you can John. After all it's what the SPFL/SFA have been doing since the get go. And the more "out there and left field" you make it the closer it will be to what they eventually do.

It's like watching one of those tv dramas that go slowly for weeks then the final episode rattles through trying to tie up the loose ends.

Are we now starting the final episode, is there a sequel planned? :smile:

It's called "Sticking the boot in"

It's what happens when a club/company is in severe distress, everybody wants a pop at you.

The whole oldco/newco farce and myth is being unravelled before our eyes.

"The Rangers" have to be very careful how they handle BDO over the Telfer case.  

If they pay up then they are admitting they are only 2 years old, if they don't pay up, BDO will nail them as a Phoenix Club, then watch HMRC wade in as well.

Garlic bread? It's the future, I've tasted it.

Garlic bread? It's the future, I've tasted it.

Now you're mixing your Peter Kay personas.  Brian Potter wouldn't be eating garlic bread.  Striclty chicken in a basket.

Edited by AndrewB

The Rangers International Football Club plc yesterday appointed Matthew Wood as their secretary. (Allegedly).

Who he?

The Rangers International Football Club plc yesterday appointed Matthew Wood as their secretary. (Allegedly).

With an alleged circa of at least 100K PA probably!!

King of the North

It is a tangled web we weave...

At the time, I was gutted that the authorities didn't simply apply the rules without fear or favour.

The new club should never have been allowed to call itself Rangers, and should have had to submit three years accounts before being allowed a place in div 3.

However, the five way agreement and subsequent clusterfecks have got us to this point, and 'death by a thousand cuts' has been an exceptionally entertaining journey.

It's the fans I feel sorry for - haven't they been punished enough?

He he he. Up them. Right fecking up them.

The 204,000 figure includes VAT of 34,000 so it really only is 170,000.

They still get the full ?204,000. It's just up to Rangers to pay their VAT bill on time...

They still get the full ?204,000. It's just up to Rangers to pay their VAT bill on time...

Minus the ?60,000 Utd have already paid by all accounts.

Now you're mixing your Peter Kay personas.  Brian Potter wouldn't be eating garlic bread.  Striclty chicken in a basket.

No I'm not! That's where it came from. Phoenix Nights Series 2, episode 1. Brian goes to Blackpool and sees "sunshine indoors" so gathers the old gang together to explain his vision to rebuild the club! Haha pretty sad I remember that. ;-)

Maroonblood22

Some superb responses on facebook... they still don't get it!

"Thats why we need some one as strong ashley to take over because they **** him about u will fund that out after the verdic today"

"they should be ****ing fineing themselfs they let a ****ing crook take over our club with out checking his ****ing history there trying to ****** kill us off wankers"

"Well its time Ashley sent his big gun lawyers to destroy these arse holes."

My favourite...

"Move to English conference league and Kill scottish football stone dead no one likes us WE DONT CARE"

Minus the ?60,000 Utd have already paid by all accounts.

Correct. And minus any amount that BDO are able to lay their hands on.

Edited by Strachsuit

It is a tangled web we weave...

At the time, I was gutted that the authorities didn't simply apply the rules without fear or favour.

The new club should never have been allowed to call itself Rangers, and should have had to submit three years accounts before being allowed a place in div 3.

However, the five way agreement and subsequent clusterfecks have got us to this point, and 'death by a thousand cuts' has been an exceptionally entertaining journey.

It's the fans I feel sorry for - haven't they been punished enough?

He he he. Up them. Right fecking up them.

This whole mess comes down to the authorities not appling their own rules at the time and allowing sevco to do what it wanted as long as it called itself Rangers, and played in blue shirts at Ibrox.

The difference this time around could be that UEFA are watching events at Ibrox, so the SFA might just have to apply the rules without fear or favour.

Some superb responses on facebook... they still don't get it!

"Thats why we need some one as strong ashley to take over because they **** him about u will fund that out after the verdic today"

"they should be ****ing fineing themselfs they let a ****ing crook take over our club with out checking his ****ing history there trying to ****** kill us off wankers"

"Well its time Ashley sent his big gun lawyers to destroy these arse holes."

My favourite...

"Move to English conference league and Kill scottish football stone dead no one likes us WE DONT CARE"

I'd be happy if they buggered off.

Someone needs to tell them, though, that the Conference is not the lowest tier.

Edited by Claudia

Fort Vallance

It's like watching one of those tv dramas that go slowly for weeks then the final episode rattles through trying to tie up the loose ends.

Are we now starting the final episode, is there a sequel planned? :smile:

Why do I have this feeling that this month will come and go. Like the last few. Lots of headlines but nothing major actually happening. We'll still be saying all the same things in March. Although hopefully 18 points clear by that time.

Correct. And minus any amount that BDO are able to lay their hands on.

I said earlier that Rangers might well have had all the money they will get if BDO get their cut out of this.

No I'm not! That's where it came from. Phoenix Nights Series 2, episode 1. Brian goes to Blackpool and sees "sunshine indoors" so gathers the old gang together to explain his vision to rebuild the club! Haha pretty sad I remember that. ;-)

I take my hat off to you!

I'd be happy if they buggered off.

Someone needs to tell them, though, that the Conference is not the lowest tier.

Fantastic if they did move, biggest problem is the English don't want them which is another thing they don't seem to get.

Has anyone tried to start up an FC United of Manchester type club?  I would think that would be the best way for anyone with any sense or hope to go.  Walk away from the impending collapse and start again properly.

scott herbertson

Has anyone tried to start up an FC United of Manchester type club?  I would think that would be the best way for anyone with any sense or hope to go.  Walk away from the impending collapse and start again properly.

Unfortunately requires brains and diplomacy skills

Fxxx the SPFL

Yes there is already one in existance.  :2thumbsup:

Rankeillor_hearts

Reporting scotland at half 1 will have footage of one of the easedales being heckled outside ?1brox ahead of his meeting with super ally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Maple Leaf locked this topic