**The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup Thread**

Ray Winstone

They're not exactly top of my Xmas list either, tbf. And will Dan Cole - surely the ugliest man in world sport - ever have a shave FFS? :down:

Cheeky git

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Beat team by a mile are going to win this. England have been nothing more than mediocre all tournament

shaun.lawson

You expect one great performance from France at the world cup

We've seen half of one so far

Exactly. Their second half performance - which started going wrong when they inexplicably took Yachvili off - left me feeling Wales have every chance next week. On the other hand though, France didn't even have to play well for 80 minutes to beat a poor England side.

What is with all these replacements, by the way? They kill the momentum of the game; and coach after coach seem obsessed with taking all their best players off. Ben Youngs off? Why? Wilkinson off, at a time we needed 10 points to win, meaning a penalty or drop goal might well have come into the equation late on? Why?

Is there any strategy involved in any of it? Doesn't seem like it from where I'm sitting. Good luck to France though - in the northern hemisphere, only they and Wales ever seem to have the innate wit to play proper running rugby, so it's fitting one of them will end up in the final.

kingantti1874

Here comes the inquest - why are you so surprised Steve you have been absolute shite the whole tournament - lucky against Argentina, luck against Scotland and now pumped by the French...

Wsit: Yes stve finally your right you were just wrong, you aren't good enough

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And rider - 'we assumed there was another gear'. 'England are better than this.'

Total delusion

shaun.lawson

Rider: "England as a squad of players are better than this, aren't they?" :vrface:

Pienaar: "Not on this performance, they're not".

Spot on, Franko. :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Rider: "England as a squad of players are better than this, aren't they?" :vrface:

Him and Fitzpatrick have told it like it is all the way through - and they're right about no leadership. Moody's no captain

Harry Palmer

Was wondering what he was called... :)

Rider is a buffoon!

shaun.lawson

Him and Fitzpatrick have told it like it is all the way through - and they're right about no leadership. Moody's no captain

:Agree:

All the off-field incidents have suggested a culture of no leadership or respect. I also have to think Haskell was benched because of those incidents: otherwise, it makes no sense at all.

kingantti1874

On another note, did engalnd have a single penalty kick ? That must be a first surely at this level... Got to credit the French there

Dusk_Till_Dawn

On another note, did engalnd have a single penalty kick ? That must be a first surely at this level... Got to credit the French there

If the game had been tighter they'd probably have kicked a couple of their pens

kingantti1874

If the game had been tighter they'd probably have kicked a couple of their pens

True true towards the end at least

Their discipline was good where it mattered

Penalties Conceded England 6, France 12

Penalty Goals: France 2 from 4, England 0 from 0

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And here goes jonno - we reached the quarters and won our pool 4-0.

Jesus wept. He needs hard questions asked of him. Their time out there's been a disgrace

Harry Palmer

And here goes jonno - we reached the quarters and won our pool 4-0.

Jesus wept. He needs hard questions asked of him. Their time out there's been a disgrace

It's all very Football-team like...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's all very Football-team like...

Apart from scotland and the argies, I can't even remember who the feck was in England's pool

Harry Palmer

Apart from scotland and the argies, I can't even remember who the feck was in England's pool

Georgia and Romania.

shaun.lawson

World rugby superpowers, Georgia and Romania. Glory glory, eh? :vrface:

Johnson's the first England coach I've ever known to try to claim some solace in us winning our pool games.

:keys:

Here's how it works for England at the RWC, Martin:

Champions = fantastic tournament

Runners-up = successful tournament

3rd place = decent tournament

4th place = disappointing tournament

Quarter-final exit = complete failure

Amazing how such a no nonsense, no excuses warrior as a player seems to have turned into such an apologist as a coach. And disappointing that the interviewer didn't ask him about his future - because he'll be lucky to survive this shambles of a campaign.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Ach well, they have honed in their Bungie jumping skills and won the Dwarf throwing contest, not all bad :lol:

shaun.lawson

Nae knighthood this year...unless Wales win the Cup. :thumbsup:

They've got my support for the rest of the tournament. Wales are the only country in the northern hemisphere to whom rugby really, really matters. The same is true of part of France, but nowhere near all of it.

Wales winning the World Cup would be sensational. I'd love to see them do it too.

Archived