**The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup Thread**

Ray Winstone

If only...lol. You hate this England team

Je ne deteste pas l'equipe Anglais mais J'Adore Le Ruby Francais.

Allez les bleus!

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Pity about the missed conversions and penalties or this would be all over already.. As it is get a score an they re back in it

Harry Palmer

Only just up and tuned in.

Wilko or flood missed any pens?

No idea but there was a shite drop goal attempt by one of them.

chester copperpot

Only just up and tuned in.

Wilko or flood missed any pens?

na they've hardly been in frances half.

No idea but there was a shite drop goal attempt by one of them.

think that was Flood. and Jonny put a kick off straight into touch. For a while England looked rattled. France got off the hook a bit at the end of the half though :D

Gavsy Van Gaverson

As usual England = all talk

To be fair they have reached the last 2 WC finals. They have been shite today though :biggrin:

shaun.lawson

This is going well, isn't it? :vrface:

Not sure whether to :lol: or :sob:

Think I'll :lol:

kingantti1874

To be fair they have reached the last 2 WC finals. They have been shite today though :biggrin:

That's true in 03 they deserved it no doubt, in 07 they were very lucky - did they even score a try? Did they not lose 40-0 to SA? Since 03 they have been utterly mediocre in general... The way they spoke about Scotland last week as if it were a forgone conclusion when in the last 2 years they were lucky to draw at murrayfield and narrowly won at twickenham got right on my goat...

My only fear here is the French are still a bit shaky... If England can get some early momentum they will be back in it

Tiberius Stinkfinger

On my 2nd bottle of Chablis with some nice Brie and Grapes to nibble on.

Very entertaining at the moment..:lol:

Allez les bleus

shaun.lawson

That's true in 03 they deserved it no doubt, in 07 they were very lucky - did they even score a try? Did they not lose 40-0 to SA? Since 03 they have been utterly mediocre in general... The way they spoke about Scotland last week as if it were a forgone conclusion when in the last 2 years they were lucky to draw at murrayfield and narrowly won at twickenham got right on my goat...

My only fear here is the French are still a bit shaky... If England can get some early momentum they will be back in it

That wasn't "luck". It was the most staggering grit and determination in adversity I've ever seen from an England sporting team anywhere. Part of me loves that side more than the '03 one, daft though I know that sounds.

Were South Africa "lucky" when they scored no tries in the final, yet won? Were France "unlucky" when they scored no tries in the semi-final to England's one, and lost?

I've sensed an anti-climax looming at this tournament all year, though; we've been long overdue a bad RWC, and now it's happening. Oh, and by the way: last week, John Inverdale described today's game as a "bye to the semi-final for England". Honestly: he did. Arrogant ******* blowhard. :angry:

Harry Palmer

I've sensed an anti-climax looming at this tournament all year, though; we've been long overdue a bad RWC, and now it's happening. Oh, and by the way: last week, John Inverdale described today's game as a "bye to the semi-final for England". Honestly: he did. Arrogant ******* blowhard. :angry:

I feckin' hate John Inverdale. No-necked ****! Stick to Wimbledon bawbag.

Martin Johnson convinced that there weren't enough 2nd row forwards on the pitch

How are you managing to post from the English front row?

Sergio Garcia

England have been god awful today, mistake after mistake. The French have raised the game enough to almost be out of sight, if France score next. Game Over.

Martin Johnson convinced that there weren't enough 2nd row forwards on the pitch

The new boy wonder Courtney Laws seems to be getting the hang of cheap shots very quickly.

His coach will be proud.

How are you managing to post from the English front row?

With difficulty

hence

England scrum is woeful.

Sergio Garcia

As much as he is getting on my wick Vickery's passion comes through when commentating.

England will win from here

This is exciting now.

But garbage too.

Simple unforced errors on both sides. Number of knock ons is woeful play.

The French are playing it clever and giving away penalties in safe areas where England can't hurt them.

And surprise, surprise Banahan comes on so back to crash bang tactics.

Harry Palmer

Just because you keep on saying doesn't make it a fact.

I'm being pessimistic. ;)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

No sorry don't hate England - said before in this thread I supported them in 03... I hate the baseless arrogance. I also hate that **** Ashton

Like I said, you hate this England team. As I do, to be fair

shaun.lawson

Like I said, you hate this England team. As I do, to be fair

They're not exactly top of my Xmas card list either, tbf. And will Dan Cole - surely the ugliest man in world sport - ever have a shave FFS? :down:

Sergio Garcia

As much as he is getting on my wick Vickery's passion comes through when commentating.

England will win from here

I know nothing.

Archived