HMRC Freeze Rangers Bank Accounts? Martin Bain Story (merged)

Charlie-Brown

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's a bloody good job they have a "financial whizzkid" at the helm now though... Imagine the mess they would be in if they didn't have the man who "silently traded his way to one of the most powerfull offices in Scottish football" steering the ship? That doesn't bear thinking about to be honest! :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank the heavens! another thread on the subject... taking the number to four.

three wouldn't have been enough and could very easily have been missed on the first page of threads.

three wouldn't have been enough and could very easily have been missed on the first page of threads.

Moan moan moan moan. Jeez it gets boring. :lol:

Interesting stuff indeed, OP.

Cracking start to the day. That mixed with the Gary Oc news. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Lighten up Jim. It's only a football forum. What else do you suggest we converse over?

:interesting:

So what date is the tax court case?

Believe its in November sometime, however even if they lose it will be dragged out with appeals im sure.

One thing that seems to go unnoticed in the press is, even if they found a legal loophole, it's hugely immoral for a club like Rangers, who happily let all and sundry know how proud they of are of their British-ness and operate entirely in Britain, to be avoiding putting money into the national purse. ABSOLUTE ROASTERS.

Grow up.

The longer the case drags out, the better. They continue to rack up huge legal bills and their team will get progressively worse as they sell off the best and replace with dross. Also, I wouldnt want their hideous fans to get off with a quick death. I want to see them suffer a few seasons of mid table misery before their club disappears forever.

If Rangers went down the tubes, I could see Celtic's demise not far behind - they are dependent on each other for their raison d'etre.

I'm actually picturing them cracking the SPL badge just to avoid defacing the Rangers crest.

Also could see them pitching it as a Scottish footballing disaster and saying we'll soon be at the league of Wales' standard. TBH, if it meant getting rid of 50% of Scottish footballs cancer, I'd rejoice at being the worlds worst league.

It really wouldn't surprise me if it's soon painted as the whole SPL's demise.

If Rangers went down the tubes, I could see Celtic's demise not far behind - they are dependent on each other for their raison d'etre.

I've said it before on here, I firmly believe Celtic would bail Rangers out if it came down to life or death with them. They would have to.

The timing of any administration could be very important for whatever team finishes 3rd in the SPL this season. If RFC are in administration on 31st March, but still likely to finish 1st or 2nd, then they won't be granted a licence to play in Europe next season. Given that there are 2 x CL qualifying places next season, then 3rd place could get one of those places.

The timing of any administration could be very important for whatever team finishes 3rd in the SPL this season. If RFC are in administration on 31st March, but still likely to finish 1st or 2nd, then they won't be granted a licence to play in Europe next season. Given that there are 2 x CL qualifying places next season, then 3rd place could get one of those places.

What I don't get about this 'tax case' is how come an organisation the size of Rangers don't know (or dispute) how much tax the need to pay? They clearly have people who deal with this type of thing for them, and have considerable years experience of multi million pounds transfer deals behind them.

One things for sure if the taxman says its a certain figure, then that will be well backed up, wont change much, and will be paid in full ( no cut price deals with tax) :thumbsup:

One thing that seems to go unnoticed in the press is, even if they found a legal loophole, it's hugely immoral for a club like Rangers, who happily let all and sundry know how proud they of are of their British-ness and operate entirely in Britain, to be avoiding putting money into the national purse. ABSOLUTE ROASTERS.

I don't think even Chick Young would have the brass neck to have "morals" and "Rangers" in the same sentence.

One or two other journalists might, but only if the phrase "lack of" was added to the sentence.

What I don't get about this 'tax case' is how come an organisation the size of Rangers don't know (or dispute) how much tax the need to pay? They clearly have people who deal with this type of thing for them, and have considerable years experience of multi million pounds transfer deals behind them.

One things for sure if the taxman says its a certain figure, then that will be well backed up, wont change much, and will be paid in full ( no cut price deals with tax) :thumbsup:

Rangers and HMRC are disputing how RFC operated EBTs. RFC set them up to pay players a significant portion of their contract free of or at a reduced rate of tax. I'm sure that when they were launched in 2001 RFC thought they had a tax loophole. HMRC say otherwise, so the dispute isn't so much how much is due it is whether or not tax is due at all.

apparently whyte has been quoted as saying "there have been some shocking things uncovered" in the financial state of the club.

so... shocking mistakes during the due diligence then.

up ye.

Found this on facebook, Whittaker on 28k per week??? Surely not!

http://truthinfootball.blogspot.com/2011/09/money-being-wasted-at-ibrox.html?spref=fb

biggest shock for me was when I discovered how much Steven Whittaker earns a week. Until this summer the former Hibs man was taking home ?7k a week. After he signed his new deal his wages were bumped up to ?28k a week, ?1.5 million a year. He is the highest paid player in the Rangers team earning ?4k a week more than Davis, ?3k a week more than McGregor and the figure that also shocked me was he earns ?11k a week more than star striker Nikica Jelavic

:facepalm:

Deary me.

?11K MORE than their top striker? :lol:

biggest shock for me was when I discovered how much Steven Whittaker earns a week. Until this summer the former Hibs man was taking home ?7k a week. After he signed his new deal his wages were bumped up to ?28k a week, ?1.5 million a year. He is the highest paid player in the Rangers team earning ?4k a week more than Davis, ?3k a week more than McGregor and the figure that also shocked me was he earns ?11k a week more than star striker Nikica Jelavic

Deary me.

I dont know where the story is from or who actually wrote it but if true its unbelievable especially as Rangers are in such a bad way yet Davis,McGregor and Whittaker were all handed these contracts by Craig Whyte!!

Deary me.

They thought a bidding war would break out when Bursa came in for him. Nobody did so the wages he's in to bump up the fee which won't come are a total disaster.

:pleasing:

I dont know where the story is from or who actually wrote it but if true its unbelievable especially as Rangers are in such a bad way yet Davis,McGregor and Whittaker were all handed these contracts by Craig Whyte!!

Unbelievable. I doubt they will be able to get rid of Whittaker in the next 5 years. Looking on the bright side for Rangers, if they go bust all the contracts will be terminated!

For Davis and McGregor it is does to increase their sell on value although if they go into admin they become free agents and if they have a firesale other clubs are not going to pay the going rate...

Gregory House M.D.

Steven Whittaker ?28,000 p/w on a six year contract on top of his remaining year.

?10,192,000 Contract. :arry::vrface:

Deary me.

?28k a week for Steven Whittaker?! That eclipses any of the dodgy contracts we've given out over the past few years by a long way.

No wonder their going down the shitter.

There's a quote from Whyte saying he had to write a cheque for ?1 million to James Beattie, pretty sure he referred to it as pissing money away :lol:

Every passing day just reveals more and more delightful insights into the abyss that is Rangers financial woes.

:pleasingao:

?28k a week for Steven Whittaker?! That eclipses any of the dodgy contracts we've given out over the past few years by a long way.

No wonder their going down the shitter.

There's a quote from Whyte saying he had to write a cheque for ?1 million to James Beattie, pretty sure he referred to it as pissing money away :lol:

Every passing day just reveals more and more delightful insights into the abyss that is Rangers financial woes.

:pleasingao:

Giving Beattie ?1m - :rofl:

jamboinglasgow

I've said it before on here, I firmly believe Celtic would bail Rangers out if it came down to life or death with them. They would have to.

Celtic would need to. Remove Rangers and Celtic are left with only 1 vote and against a 11-1 voting system they lose out. I for one would love to see them squirm. It would be a like a scene in a film where a cruel and tyrannical boss is finally confronted by his abused workers and tear him limb from limb.

Celtic would need to. Remove Rangers and Celtic are left with only 1 vote and against a 11-1 voting system they lose out. I for one would love to see them squirm. It would be a like a scene in a film where a cruel and tyrannical boss is finally confronted by his abused workers and tear him limb from limb.

JiG! I didn't think your mind was capable of such darkness. :laugh:

True though. I can't see them ever actually acting (or admitting to acting) in order to bail them out but nonetheless, there must be a few squeaky bums at Parkhead right now. While the Celtic fans have a right old giggle over this, the management must be getting more than a little worried.

I was determined not to pay too much attention to this saga - finance in football is very boring at the best of times - but I have to admit it's kind of growing in appeal at the moment.

Whittaker's not on 28k a week.

Take 10 off it and your closer.

Still a fair wedge for a club with apparent financial issues, the million pound pay off to Beattie's where the real humour's at anyway.

A million pound FFS :rofl: :rofl:

Found this on facebook, Whittaker on 28k per week??? Surely not!

http://truthinfootba...x.html?spref=fb

Hang on. Either I've lost the ability to navigate a simple webpage or that's the only entry on this grandly titled "Truth in Football" blog... rolleyes.gif

I didn't think it sounded like it had been written by a pro journalist. I'm even less convinced of its authenticity now.

Gregory House M.D.

This.

No, not that. Whittakers new contract is ?28k a week with bonuses.

The Mighty Thor

Bumper contracts, million pound pay-offs and unpaid bills mounting?????????????..........BWAHHHHHAAAHAHAHAAHHA

The tame press are manfully understating the absolute carnage that must be going on at Greyskull......In wonder who will cave in first and publish something off message and close to the truth?

:keegan:

He's brilliant that Whyte he said he wants the wage bill down to ?14m but since he has taken over the wage bill has went from ?16m up to ?21m so already his management of the club has cost them ?5m a year in wages and he can't blame that on Murray.

Jam Tarts 1874

Setting aside my deep hatred of Rangers FC, I think it is a total disgrace that the HMRC has allowed Rangers to end up owing ?49m. Cleary a few funny handshakes must have been in evidence for a long time.

Archived