HMRC Freeze Rangers Bank Accounts? Martin Bain Story (merged)

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

ALLEGEDLY this story breaking as we speak .............. more to follow .... Huns allegedly not paid their tax bill

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince Buaben

ALLEGEDLY this story breaking as we speak .............. more to follow .... Huns allegedly not paid their tax bill

Rangers have put out, at least on twitter that there bank accounts have not been frozen.

If this is true, find it hard to believe they could knock back the Jelavic (sp) money.

or maybe they thought there was no point in selling Jelavic as they wouldnt see the cash.

or maybe they thought there was no point in selling Jelavic as they wouldnt see the cash.

If they are so much in debt, I'm not so sure that it would have been their decision?

Anyway, I'm on speculating - we will have to wait and see if there is anything to this story.

They would need a court order for that sort of thing and if they had even applied for one it would be breaking. I've no doubt HMRC are after rangers for their money but they have nothing to benefit from forcing rangers down an insolvency route or similar as the bank have security over their debt and would get their money back first with peanuts left over if anything for anyone else.

You would think of all the clubs we would be the last set of fans to act upon rumours.

Some here seem to forget that the esteemed 'Celtic' organisation consists of keyboard financial experts and would be journalists whose every wish is to get stories out into the media anti everyone else and pro Celtic (some even pretend to run Scottish football sites to mask their leanings).

The very same people who encourage QC's to speak out with the implicit backing of the board regarding a legally obtained verdict from a jury of one's peers.

And there is no real difference regarding the other side of the old firm.

With regards the Jelavic ?9m story, maybe it would have been in Whyte's "interest" to have 1 or 2 pet journo's to "fabricate" a story of him turning down said offer. Makes him look the big, rich guy being able to turn down that kind of cash. As of yet, not one single substanuated story of who the club were.

With regards the Jelavic ?9m story, maybe it would have been in Whyte's "interest" to have 1 or 2 pet journo's to "fabricate" a story of him turning down said offer. Makes him look the big, rich guy being able to turn down that kind of cash. As of yet, not one single substanuated story of who the club were.

Also make him look like an idiot when the bills come in and he can't pay them.

Gregory House M.D.

Sorry but as sad as it is, Rangers going bust would kill the Scottish game.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Just been on SSN.

Another visit today by HMRC delivering papers. HMRC have threatened to freeze their assets or serve winding up order if they don't resolve their dispute.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

...a bit disco

Just been on SSN.

Another visit today by HMRC delivering papers. HMRC have threatened to freeze their assets or serve winding up order if they don't resolve their dispute.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

0902screst.jpg

J Cheever Loophole

Sad but true.ohmy.gif

Francis Albert

Rangers would be revived and within four years would be in the top two of the SPL. (Having In the meantime given a huge financial boost to the lower divisions).

I think it would be the thing to save the game actually.

Footballfirst

I believe that HMRC are pressing Rangers for payment of the "small" bill and this is just another step in this process.

There are a number of other odd reports on the go at the moement.. Mark Guidi (Sunday Mail Journo) is reporting that the ?6.5M offer for Jelavic was never actually tabled, but was just an enquiry.

There is a suggestion that had the ?6.5M been a real offer and accepted then Rangers wouldn't have seen any of it, as HMRC would have had their pay day, Jelavic would have got a substantial cut (as he didn't ask for a transfer) and that Rapid Vienna would also have profited because of a sell on clause for Jelavic. Even Craig Whyte couldn't handle the flak that would be coming his way had they lost their best player and had nothing to show for it.

On the other side of the divide, apparently a "UK Body" has managed to put pressure on the US based web hosting service for "Celtic Minded" blogger Phil McGillivan's (phil mac giolla bhain) website. The service is currently suspended. Now I wonder which UK Body would want to shut down an Irish Nationalist blogger with an unhealthy interest in the affairs of RFC.:whistling:

All is not well at Ibrox.The Huns are doubting big style the finance available from the new saviour.

Time will tell but looks like it's going to be a rocky road for the Rankers this season.

I believe that HMRC are pressing Rangers for payment of the "small" bill and this is just another step in this process.

There are a number of other odd reports on the go at the moement.. Mark Guidi (Sunday Mail Journo) is reporting that the ?6.5M offer for Jelavic was never actually tabled, but was just an enquiry.

There is a suggestion that had the ?6.5M been a real offer and accepted then Rangers wouldn't have seen any of it, as HMRC would have had their pay day, Jelavic would have got a substantial cut (as he didn't ask for a transfer) and that Rapid Vienna would also have profited because of a sell on clause for Jelavic. Even Craig Whyte couldn't handle the flak that would be coming his way had they lost their best player and had nothing to show for it.

On the other side of the divide, apparently a "UK Body" has managed to put pressure on the US based web hosting service for "Celtic Minded" blogger Phil McGillivan's (phil mac giolla bhain) website. The service is currently suspended. Now I wonder which UK Body would want to shut down an Irish Nationalist blogger with an unhealthy interest in the affairs of RFC.:whistling:

I thought Rangers were only allowed monies if the Bank said so Im sure that was why Walter kept moaning about not being able to really buy anyone. Therefore surely the bank would decide if the bid was accepted if it was genuinely tabled and not an enquiry!!! Or maybe rangers arent as finiancially as crippled as we are led to believe if they can turn down ?6.5m or allegedly ?9m

Francis Albert

It must be of great comfort to worried Rangers fans that they have Gordon Smith on board as Chief Executive to steer them through any troubled waters ahead.

Honestly how sad is it to see a regular poster caught up in the Celtic media spin -- really you should know better -- you honestly think that the problem with the site is due to some 'outside body' putting pressure on a company in the USA ?

Perhaps you could ask your Parkhead friends to come up with a better story next time.

Footballfirst

I thought Rangers were only allowed monies if the Bank said so Im sure that was why Walter kept moaning about not being able to really buy anyone. Therefore surely the bank would decide if the bid was accepted if it was genuinely tabled and not an enquiry!!! Or maybe rangers arent as finiancially as crippled as we are led to believe if they can turn down ?6.5m or allegedly ?9m

Lloyds are out the equation on decision making at the club. They gave up their position on the board when the takeover went through and Lloyds got the bulk of their money from CW and his backers.

I understand that Lloyds still act as Rangers bankers for day to day financing at least until the end of the year when the position will be reveiewed. Lloyds would be powerless to stop the action if HMRC had obtained an order to freeze funds for an unpaid bill.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Was it just me reading this article with the desire to see this happen, but the article does not state that this action is not going to happen but says it hasn't happened yet

Me thinks another 48 hours until reality strikes that Rangers new owner has spent his only quid buying the club :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lloyds are out the equation on decision making at the club. They gave up their position on the board when the takeover went through and Lloyds got the bulk of their money from CW and his backers.

I understand that Lloyds still act as Rangers bankers for day to day financing at least until the end of the year when the position will be reveiewed. Lloyds would be powerless to stop the action if HMRC had obtained an order to freeze funds for an unpaid bill

that bit i know.

the first bit i wasnt aware of but that answers my question so thank you

Footballfirst

Honestly how sad is it to see a regular poster caught up in the Celtic media spin -- really you should know better -- you honestly think that the problem with the site is due to some 'outside body' putting pressure on a company in the USA ?

Perhaps you could ask your Parkhead friends to come up with a better story next time.

The fact is that the account has been suspended. Subsequent reports are that P.Mc has been advised of the reason for the suspension. I have no reason to disbelieve that. It has been done before e.g. Wikileaks.

With regard to "Parkhead friends" I have been following the "big" Rangers tax case since it was first raised more than a year ago, following a discussion between P.Mc. and Martin Bain (yes they do talk). I have seen nothing to suggest that the information provided by P.Mc. and more recently by the "Rangerstaxcase" blogger has, to date, been anything but true.

I have little time for P.Mc's views on a whole host of subjects, but on this one, I happen to agree with him.

I have an open mind and I willing to listen or read a number of conflicting views on any subject, then come to my own decision on what I believe or otherwise. A bit like the jury did earlier this week with JW.

People who refuse to acknowledge alternative arguments could reasonably be be decribed as bigots (not that I am suggesting that you are CJGJ)

The fact is that the account has been suspended. Subsequent reports are that P.Mc has been advised of the reason for the suspension. I have no reason to disbelieve that. It has been done before e.g. Wikileaks.

With regard to "Parkhead friends" I have been following the "big" Rangers tax case since it was first raised more than a year ago, following a discussion between P.Mc. and Martin Bain (yes they do talk). I have seen nothing to suggest that the information provided by P.Mc. and more recently by the "Rangerstaxcase" blogger has, to date, been anything but true.

I have little time for P.Mc's views on a whole host of subjects, but on this one, I happen to agree with him.

I have an open mind and I willing to listen or read a number of conflicting views on any subject, then come to my own decision on what I believe or otherwise. A bit like the jury did earlier this week with JW.

People who refuse to acknowledge alternative arguments could reasonably be be decribed as bigots (not that I am suggesting that you are CJGJ)

And we see with the last line of your post the usual 'Celtic minded guff' -- add in a little dig and mud sticks -- it is sad to see you act like this and perhaps a complaint to the Mods may be an option.

My thoughts may be more accurate than I thought -- if you had read the post you would see the point raised was about the 'blocking' of a blogger not about the story itself -- do you believe that some mighty organisation or conspiracy group has leant on a web site re this matter ?

Sad if you do -- perhaps you can tell us when the next UFO sighting will occur around Falkirk.

Footballfirst

And we see with the last line of your post the usual 'Celtic minded guff' -- add in a little dig and mud sticks -- it is sad to see you act like this and perhaps a complaint to the Mods may be an option.

My thoughts may be more accurate than I thought -- if you had read the post you would see the point raised was about the 'blocking' of a blogger not about the story itself -- do you believe that some mighty organisation or conspiracy group has leant on a web site re this matter ?

Sad if you do -- perhaps you can tell us when the next UFO sighting will occur around Falkirk.

CJGJ - If I have misread / misunderstood yor original post then apologies for that, but references to "your Parkhead friends" and "Celtic minded guff" are wide of the mark.

I will leave you with an extract from a statement by P. Mc. (to a "Celtic supporting website) - It is your choice to believe it or otherwise.

It?s been an interesting day.

I awoke to find out that my site was suspended by my web hosting company.

They had received after an email from a dignified chap claiming to be part of ?a stakeholders group? that was, apparently, concerned about the Rangers FC related content of my site (www.philmacgiollabhain.com).

Their concern centred on the possibility that my journalism would scare away potential investors because I was giving the impression that all was not well, financially, at Rangers.

It is rather unfortunate timing, to say the least, that on the day that my site was accused of spreading malicious rumours about the health of Rangers as a business that the moderator of the Follow Follow website started a thread about HMRC freezing the club?s bank account.

I have had no formal communication from Rangers FC or from anyone representing that football club about the content of my site.

Needless to say I am sourcing another hosting company and I hope to be online again soon.

So what would be your thoughts on the account suspension? Looks pretty cut n' dried to me.

So what would be your thoughts on the account suspension? Looks pretty cut n' dried to me.

So if we follow your reasoning this blogger has been stopped from blogging by his web hosting company -- then get another one -- you can set it up in a few hours -- but no he chooses to tell us about some conspiracy and yep how do we know -- because he told us it was true -- honestly people!!!

Has this strange group put a stop on all communications -- funny enough no because said blogger was somehow able to tell the world he had been banned -- how !!!!!!!!!

Well let me tell you I just saw a UFO -- it must be true because I said so.

Here's the best bit -- IF true then said blogger has just been 'made for life', under US law he can sue and make a fortune -- but will it happen -- hmmmmmmmmmm. :yucky:

And no doubt we will have the media from all over the world looking for this 'group' -- will they find them or will they disappear into the night -- another black ops victory for the 'Orange Lodge' no doubt.

How funny. Both sides of the Bigot Brothers have been killing Scottish football for years. It is their long term strategy to ruin the SPL, so that they can move to England! Only when the Bigot Brothers realise that no country will take them, because of their fans behaviour, and they start talking up the SPL, will Scottish football recover.

The conspiracy theory takes a fatal blow - from the blogger himself

'If I say the air turned blue you will fully understand my thinking when you discover the people demanding the site be closed were Rangers ?stakeholders.?

According to the system administrator at the hosting company one Archie Ferguson MCMI, MIET, MBA who claimed to be the representative of a stakeholders group.

We can forgive the member of staff in the hosting company in Australia, perhaps, believed that he represented Rangers FC threatened legal action against me and the company.'

So it appears an individual called the hosting company , complained and threatened legal action so site was suspended -- now on the global conspiracy scale it does seem a bit low. :whistling:

The conspiracy theory takes a fatal blow - from the blogger himself

'If I say the air turned blue you will fully understand my thinking when you discover the people demanding the site be closed were Rangers ?stakeholders.?

According to the system administrator at the hosting company one Archie Ferguson MCMI, MIET, MBA who claimed to be the representative of a stakeholders group.

We can forgive the member of staff in the hosting company in Australia, perhaps, believed that he represented Rangers FC threatened legal action against me and the company.'

So it appears an individual called the hosting company , complained and threatened legal action so site was suspended -- now on the global conspiracy scale it does seem a bit low. :whistling:

So it appears that the info FF reported was indeed correct as he knew it and indeed the blogger knew it at the time. Still, I'm sure you enjoyed your rant :rolleyes:

Well said Footballfirst.

Agree with every single word you have written here.

So it appears that the info FF reported was indeed correct as he knew it and indeed the blogger knew it at the time. Still, I'm sure you enjoyed your rant :rolleyes:

It was not however proved correct was it -- this was how he reported it (see below) -- the truth was somewhat different -- what UK body was it or by the bloggers own admission was it just an individual playing silly b.... ? -- both sides of the old firm are equally as guilty of improvising and embellishing tales -- no need to add to the conspiracy theories was there.

It was not however proved correct was it -- this was how he reported it (see below) -- the truth was somewhat different -- what UK body was it or by the bloggers own admission was it just an individual playing silly b.... ? -- both sides of the old firm are equally as guilty of improvising and embellishing tales -- no need to add to the conspiracy theories was there.

An Irish Nationalist? The person in question is a failed social worker from Glasgow and not even a proper journalist.

The bank owns no part in Rangers anymore or has any say over anything they do. Lloyds and the other creditors got all their money back when Whyte took over and Rangers are debt free excluding any present tax and future tax liabilities of course. This is why Whyte does not have any money for transfers.

The bank owns no part in Rangers anymore or has any say over anything they do. Lloyds and the other creditors got all their money back when Whyte took over and Rangers are debt free excluding any present tax and future tax liabilities of course. This is why Whyte does not have any money for transfers.

I thought Whyte said he still is paying off the debt, under the guise of his own company, much like Romanov has done with us?

Archived