HMRC Freeze Rangers Bank Accounts? Martin Bain Story (merged)

Charlie-Brown

Whilst all this turmoil at Ibrox is of course very amusing, I can't help but feel that in the end they will be fine.

I know it's a seperate scenario to the one we seemed to perpetually find ourselves in recently, what with HMRC being involved, but as there is so much hype and speculation surrounding the affair, aided and abetted by "experts" courtesy of the World Wide Web I can't help but think they'll end up fine. Poorer for it yes, but the pessimist in me can't see any of these doomsday scenarios coming to fruition. We were alright.

I could of course be horribly wrong and indeed the whole rotten edifice that is Rangers FC comes tumbling down.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the tax case not due to kick off in earnest next month??

It is mate, although not sure exact date, was mentioned on TV last night

Whilst all this turmoil at Ibrox is of course very amusing, I can't help but feel that in the end they will be fine.

I know it's a seperate scenario to the one we seemed to perpetually find ourselves in recently, what with HMRC being involved, but as there is so much hype and speculation surrounding the affair, aided and abetted by "experts" courtesy of the World Wide Web I can't help but think they'll end up fine. Poorer for it yes, but the pessimist in me can't see any of these doomsday scenarios coming to fruition. We were alright.

I could of course be horribly wrong and indeed the whole rotten edifice that is Rangers FC comes tumbling down.

Much how I feel about this whole scenario - the unfortunate thing is that evil always has a way of reinventing it's self. Got a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen here.

Hope it's not so - I'd love to see them stuffed along with their manky cousins.

jamboinglasgow

And now Rangers take a pre-emptive strike on the BBC.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111018/club-statement-on-bbc_2254024_2485938

Rangers Football Club is withdrawing all co-operation with the BBC as of today. The decision has been taken due to the repeated difficulties the Club has encountered with the BBC this season.

The Club was forced earlier in the season to suspend co-operation with the BBC over its serious misrepresentation of the Club manager's position on violence and sectarianism. There have also been other instances where the BBC's reporting on the club's affairs has been neither accurate or fair.

Furthermore, over the last few weeks the BBC has been involved in making a documentary about the Club which appears to be little more than a prejudiced muckraking exercise. Efforts to ensure that reporting of the Club's affairs should be balanced and fair appear to have been in vain.

The Club believes that the BBC has on a number of occasions now demonstrated a pre-determined negative attitude towards Rangers and its fans and its journalism has fallen well short of acceptable standards.

The decision to end co-operation with the BBC has been taken very reluctantly but the Club feels it has been left with no other option.

And now Rangers take a pre-emptive strike on the BBC.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111018/club-statement-on-bbc_2254024_2485938

Rangers Football Club is withdrawing all co-operation with the BBC as of today. The decision has been taken due to the repeated difficulties the Club has encountered with the BBC this season.

The Club was forced earlier in the season to suspend co-operation with the BBC over its serious misrepresentation of the Club manager's position on violence and sectarianism. There have also been other instances where the BBC's reporting on the club's affairs has been neither accurate or fair.

Furthermore, over the last few weeks the BBC has been involved in making a documentary about the Club which appears to be little more than a prejudiced muckraking exercise. Efforts to ensure that reporting of the Club's affairs should be balanced and fair appear to have been in vain.

The Club believes that the BBC has on a number of occasions now demonstrated a pre-determined negative attitude towards Rangers and its fans and its journalism has fallen well short of acceptable standards.

The decision to end co-operation with the BBC has been taken very reluctantly but the Club feels it has been left with no other option.

:rofl:

The phone-in tonight will be worth a listen. See what cheeky wee Chick and Doddsy have got to say.

.......except it's not a phone in though!

Skivingatwork

If that had been Vald it would be labelled a mindless rant etc etc.

Since it's rangers and chick might not get his free tickets for ibrox every other week, cue the heartfelt apology and immediate step back into line.

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers must have had an advanced showing, to go radio rentals at this, so it must be worth watching

they have probally just edited out Vlads name and inserted CW or SDM instead.

I just cant get enough

ToadKiller Dog

Poor Chick will be on the phone asking if any jobs are going at Rangers TV .

Amazed Rangers are not trying to get an injunction on the show maybe they cant afford a lawyer ?

Starting to feel the heat

Shitting themselves that this starts a real panic amongst their other creditors. Might be an interesting week or two coming up!!

marshallschunkychicken

Rangers must have had an advanced showing, to go radio rentals at this, so it must be worth watching

they have probally just edited out Vlads name and inserted CW or SDM instead.

I just cant get enough

I can't wait to see the expose on how one of his companies *might* have stolen a bunch of folks pensions.

That's how these things work, right?

Amazed Rangers are not trying to get an injunction on the show maybe they cant afford a lawyer ?

Unless their Lawyer has said the programme is balenced and accurate, so there are no grounds for an injunction? :whistling:

Hagar the Horrible

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-cen...ozen-by-judge/

Quote:

A judge has frozen ?300,000 of assets at Rangers FC following a court action by the club?s former finance director.

Donald McIntyre followed the club's former chief executive Martin Bain to the Court of Session in Edinburgh. He in seeking an arrestment against Rangers Football Club plc to ring fence assets ahead of a damages claim.

HM Revenue and Customs had also frozen ?2.3m in a bank account of Rangers, the court heard then.

Mr Bain last month secured an order arresting ?480,000 at his former employer. After a brief hearing on Tuesday, where Rangers were not represented, Lord Hodge granted the move brought by Mr McIntyre's lawyers.

Following the outcome of the hearing Mr McIntyre, 52, said: "I think Lord Hodge's decision speaks volumes as does the fact that Rangers did not turn up to defend the case. I am sad at the current circumstances at the club and I am concerned for the club."

The judge was told that Mr McIntyre had been "kept on the hook" following his five-month suspension at Rangers after the club was taken over by venture capitalist Craig Whyte from Sir David Murray.

Lord Hodge had already ruled in the arrestment proceedings brought by Mr Bain that there was "a real and substantial risk" of insolvency at Rangers if a major tax case were decided against it.

Mr Bain has raised a ?1.3m claim for damages against Rangers alleging that the football club repudiated his contract of employment.

The club also faces a claim from her Majesty?s Revenue and Customs for about ?4m plus a substantial potential tax liability of ?49m which is under appeal. Furthermore, Mr McIntyre is also alleging breach of contract against Rangers and seeking ?300,000.

Lord Hodge pointed out that the circumstances are broadly the same as in Mr Bain's case. Mr McIntyre resigned as a director earlier this month after treating his contract as having been repudiated. His counsel, Stuart Buchanan, told the court that his contract provided for a ?120,000 a year salary plus bonuses and other provisions.

Mr Buchanan said it was Mr McIntyre's position that there was not and never has been a basis for suspending him. Lord Hodge said: "Your position is that they have not in fact carried out the disciplinary procedures." Mr Buchanan responded: "At all."

The counsel said Mr McIntyre had offered Rangers his cooperation throughout. He said: "This a professional man, a chartered accountant, who has been suspended as finance director who has made every effort to cooperate with Mr Whyte and every effort has been rebuffed."

He said he had been kept hanging for five months for some sort of progress to be made to clear his name but that had not happened. "We have no knowledge of anything happening at all. We offered assistance but nothing has been forthcoming," said Mr Buchanan.

He said that Mr Whyte spoke personally to Mr McIntyre in May to say that the matter over his employment would be resolved quickly.

The counsel said that the "the only communication, if you can call it that" had been through press reports that Mr McIntyre had picked up while he was suspended. He said it had been reported that there was no way back for Mr McIntyre and that he was "finished at Gers".

Mr Buchanan said: "What is important to Mr McIntyre is the question of his reputation and his maintaining his professional status."

kingantti1874

What I'm wondering is : assuming we areole of their creditors for the Wallace fee... Why aren't we pushing to have some of their funds frozen - up the ante a little... Not like vlad to miss out on the opportunity to screw one of the uglies into the dirt...

Not 100% sure of my fact here whether they owe us any money at all or whether we can't as a result of the terms of payment but surely if that option is open to us we Should go for it

Templeton Peck

Do they still sing God Save The Queen at Ibrox? I like it as its her establishment finalising the nails in the coffin.

Francis Albert

What I'm wondering is : assuming we areole of their creditors for the Wallace fee... Why aren't we pushing to have some of their funds frozen - up the ante a little... Not like vlad to miss out on the opportunity to screw one of the uglies into the dirt...

Not 100% sure of my fact here whether they owe us any money at all or whether we can't as a result of the terms of payment but surely if that option is open to us we Should go for it

Not sure what the position is about payments which are contingent on future events (number of appearances or whatever). It sounds a bit like Rix claiming his Cup Winners bonus.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hope you ******* die slowly Rangers... Nae tears from this hoos you minking wee carbuncle of an institution! I realise there are some who "don't really mind Rangers" on this forum though so hopefully they will not be too gutted. :D

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Hope you ******* die slowly Rangers... Nae tears from this hoos you minking wee carbuncle of an institution! I realise there are some who "don't really mind Rangers" on this forum though so hopefully they will not be too gutted. :D

I'd be surprised if that's true.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to see any club die, but if the Huns can be brought down to the same financial level as the rest of us, making for a more competitive league, then brilliant. I can't wait to see how their smug, gloryhunting, obnoxious supporters cope with it!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Alloa,

Be surprised mate... :(

That was a quote from a VERY prolific poster. I'll maybe look the thread out later if need be but... That was his sentiment when discussing teams that posters like or dislike. :(

Personaly I despise the wretched vermin nest of a club and want them to die painfully. :)

(I face a rollicking for speaking out against this poster now... Expect a small number of similar minded posters to round on me now!)

R.I.P Mothbaws. :(

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Even Celtic ? C'mon that can't be true

It is true. My hatred of Celtic is the reason I enjoy games against them so much! :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If RFC and CFC were to die right now, I would never be able to wipe the smile off my face. Two utterly disgusting clubs with a rap-sheet of parasitism longer than the Clyde! :o

Any other club in Scotland dieing would make me pause for thought. :(

rangers have withdrawn all cooperation with the BBC over this "muck raking" programme to air on thursday.

chick young has suddenly remembered that he was once a celtic supporter when he was a youngster.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

rangers have withdrawn all cooperation with the BBC over this "muck raking" programme to air on thursday.

chick young has suddenly remembered that he was once a celtic supporter when he was a youngster.

Is that Chick Young, St Mirren's most famous supporter you're talking about there?

So the second of the two spoilt brats/playground bullies of Scottish Football have joined their horrible partner in squealing when things don't go their own way!

Obviously, Mr Whyte doesn't have the same "influence" as Sir David!!!

Is that Chick Young, St Mirren's most famous supporter you're talking about there?

indeed. the very same guy who steadfastly flew in the face of the ongoing campaign of negativity shown towards rangers by the BBC which has been happening all this while.

wee chick will surely be in trouble with his bosses if this is true.

rangers pomposity is truly frightening given the real truth of their media coverage.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to see any club die, but if the Huns can be brought down to the same financial level as the rest of us, making for a more competitive league, then brilliant. I can't wait to see how their smug, gloryhunting, obnoxious

supporters cope with it!

You should check out the first few pages of this thread, where myself and others were accused of being fantasists and liars for daring to suggest that all may not be well over at Castle Greyskull.

I'm not enjoying being right about this one bit though......... :whistling: honest!

FWIW, I wouldn't want to see any club die, but if the Huns can be brought down to the same financial level as the rest of us, making for a more competitive league, then brilliant. I can't wait to see how their smug, gloryhunting, obnoxious supporters cope with it!

Given the contempt they have treated Scottish football, along with their green and White twins, I would love to see them suffer. Maybe not die but suffer long and hard. Their twin also. But then again.....

Given the contempt they have treated Scottish football, along with their green and White twins, I would love to see them suffer. Maybe not die but suffer long and hard. Their twin also. But then again.....

Hope it draaags on for decades. :)

So Rangers are potentially facing massive finacial turmoil, maybe even death.

Celtic are struggling vs teams like St Johnstone and Killie, while revolting on Lennon.

Hibs are a point from bottom, losing money, fans deserting and with a clueless manager who doesn't care.

We're 4 from 2nd, 100% home record with PS and with probably the catchiest chant in the league.

:verysmug::pleasingao::glorious:

Apparently Spew Keevins said last night that he wants no part of what is about to happen down Govan way in the next month or so.

:jjyay:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Tuned in to the Real imbecile football phone-in tonight... No listened to that station in AAAAAAAAGES! Have to say... I have never heard so much panic from inbred simpleton yokels since War of The Worlds was played across the airwaves of hill-billy USA! :D

Die you disgusting and stinking institution of hate and scum! :)

So there I was sitting wondering to myself what sort of evidence Rangers could possibly have to suggest that the Beeb had it in for them and had a vague recollection of them staging a protest and starting a thread about it a few years back, so I went and found it:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/34969-rangers-fans-to-protest-at-bbc-hq

The original link in the OP doesn't work but I'm trying to find out where the article is now, more for amusement than anything else. I remember it being a right hoot.

They were pretty livid about being painted as thuggish vandals when they smashed up Manchester too iirc. They've had a tough time of it from the press. They deserve better. :oldsad:

Then spotted this, copied and pasted from a post made by hate_hibs

Joke Cartoon of Neil Lennon on hangman appears on Popular Rangers fan site Follow Follow. BBC Report it as a ?death threat? on Radio and on the BBC Website. The hosts of Follow Follow (footymad) close down the message board.

* Complete Ignorance of Pearson & Hartson ?videogate? scandal.

* Tam Cowan & Stuart Cosgrove continually using the H Word to describe the Rangers support, until it was officially declared sectarian by NbM.

* Upon the signing of Kevin Thomson, the report of the signing on the BBC Website carries a picture, which has been renamed by someone at the BBC to include the word ?*****?

* Richard Gordon, during his show covering the Transfer Window in 2005, used a racist comment to describe former Rangers player Filip Sebo, joking that he had been ?sold to Edinburgh Zoo?

* Weathergirl Kirsty McCabe calls Ibrox ?Castle Greyskull.?

* BBC Scotland ignore number of emails concerned at the lack of reporting of sectarian behaviour by the Celtic Support

* BBC Scotland schedule specific programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the Famine Song

* BBC Scotland Sportscene Programme?s ignorance of Rangers tributes to Scottish Soldiers previous to Poppy Day, while ignoring Celtic Supporters minutes applause, and walk out the following week.

* When leading on any ?sectarianism? news item, using images of Rangers supporters.

* Photo of Nell McAndrew in Rangers kit entitled ?Hun*****1.?

* Spreading the Lie that Artur Boruc was cautioned for blessing himself, across the BBC Network

* Allowing Cardinal PAP to demonise the Protestant Community by claiming there are those who go out to ?Punch a Pape?, and put his own spin on sectarian crime figures, which were wholly inaccurate

* Biased Commentary by David Begg commenting on ?Derry?s Walls? being sectarian, but no comment on songs from the Celtic Support.

* The disappointment in Kheredine Idessane?s voice when he announced that Rangers had been found ?not guilty? by UEFA.

* The victimisation of Alex Rae following his 50-50 tackle in a Rangers European tie against CSKA Moscow, and submitting footage of the tackle to UEFA.

* The failure to report on sectarianism within the Scottish Labour Party, and various land deals involving 2014, and associates of the Labour Party

* Use of the headline ?Rangers in Union Flag row? regarding the Blue Order organised flag display at Ibrox, with a one sided piece on it on Reporting Scotland

* On the last news report before a cup final involving Rangers and Motherwell, leading on a story about Celtic loan player Craig Bellamy possibly staying at the club.

* Using James Grady to comment on an incident against himself by Lorenzo Amuruso in a Scottish Cup Final with no right of reply for Amoruso.

* Roddy Forsyth stating to Gordon Brewer on Newsnight Scotland, that Hearts had a worse problem with sectarianism than Celtic.

* The Acceptance of Sanjeev Kholi as a football pundit, based upon his only claim to fame in being a ?football fan? was to accuse the Rangers support of racism against Mark Walters, when Walters had faced the worst display of Racism ever witnessed in Scottish Football by the Celtic Support at Celtic Park.

* Sending 88 Staff from the BBC to Seville at licence payers expense, with only a handful present in Manchester.

* The despatch of a film crew to Benidorm to report on a Celtic Fans convention that ended in fiasco ? and reported it as a success. They have never been present at any Rangers fan convention.

* BBC Scotland Commentary of Celtic in Seville from Rob McLean ?only the most blinkered Scots won?t be hoping for a Celtic victory?. This, in a stadium littered with Irish Flags and no Saltires.

* Nov 2006 ? Just prior to live coverage of an Old Firm game, broadcasting a programme on BBC Radio Scotland about the football song ?You?ll Never Walk Alone?. The last 15 minutes was a tribute to how it is sung at Celtic by two ?Celtic fans?, who both happened to be BBC Producers.

* Making the Producers of Blue Peter apologise for using the RHOU in a piece, owing to complaints from a Strathclyde University lecturer who is a member of ?Friends of Ireland?

* Ignorance of Neil Lennon?s DOB rant at the Rangers support & Dugout

* The refusal to publish or broadcast any facts on the ?bannergate? scandal, where a convicted i*a terrorist painted a banner for the ?Jungle Bhoys? supporters group partly funded by Celtic Football Club.

* Following Rangers being the first club in Scotland to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, the following morning?s Scottish BBC news neglected to mention the result at all.

* BBC Reporting of Irish Government intervention from information provided by Phil McGillivan on ?the famine song?

:rofl::rofl:

What a bunch of greeting faced fuds..

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/34969-rangers-fans-to-protest-at-bbc-hq/page__view__findpost__p__670829

Drylaw Hearts

As much as I'd love it to happen...........

Rangers won't die.

They may well go into administration but it won't make a hell of a lot of difference imo. They were unable to sign a player for nearly 2 years not that long ago and coped and even with a 10 point penalty they'll still finish at worst 2nd.

It's still funny to watch them squirm though.

As much as I'd love it to happen...........

Rangers won't die.

They may well go into administration but it won't make a hell of a lot of difference imo. They were unable to sign a player for nearly 2 years not that long ago and coped and even with a 10 point penalty they'll still finish at worst 2nd.

It's still funny to watch them squirm though.

But surely administration would force them to sell players aswell and not signing any... could make a big difference

Drylaw Hearts

But surely administration would force them to sell players aswell and not signing any... could make a big difference

They'll still finish 1st or 2nd.

This has got me thinking. Footballfirst can maybe confirm, but I've heard that Rankgers have banned away supporters from attending U19 games at Murray Park. Opposition club officials only.

Tryin to hide what will become their first team come January!

GIRFUY orks!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just out of interest Drylaw, in the days running up to 3rd May 1986, did you go round saying "We'll blow it" constantly?

Maybe its because I'm quite an optimistic person but if this happened I don't think they will for sure finish top 2, they'll have 10 points off, have to sell all their best players, probably release a bunch of others as their wage bill is probably quite high.

If that happened this week then we would be 4 points behind 1st place, and 1 point behind rangers and celtic. That would give us massive incentive and down the line every other team confidence that they would be able to beat such a weakened team. I think teams already feel this way with celtic. If admistration happened I don't think for a second they will definately still finish 1st or 2nd. I wouldn't even say it they would mostly likely finish 1st or 2nd

Archived