Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

Anyone know whats happening in edinburgh?

My dad just seen about a dozen police transits with lights flashing driving towards princes st

A guy I'm friends with on Facebook posted about an hour ago about a gathering of 'young teams' near Princes Street but that they were mainly just bumming about as there's a decent police presence already with it being the festival.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how much of a donkey's arse is boris johnson? he should never be let loose to go walkabout and talk to groups of people. every time you see him being confronted by an animated person, he just stands there open mouthed, bumbling around and failing to transfer any words between his brain and mouth.

portobellojambo1

Found some more info, this time on the investigation into the killing of Mark Duggan by the Independent Police Complaints Commission,(IPCC), a police firearms officer APPARENTLY FIRED FIRST;These investigation's are continuing into December this year but what has so far been made available is in its self revealing;ML; QUOTE;'The probe was launched into the death of Mark Duggan, 26, who sustained injuries in a shooting spree by armed officers in Ferry Lane in Tottenham last Thursday, after police stopped the minicab he was in to carry out an arrest as part of a pre-planned operation. Ballistic tests indicated that Duggan did not fire at officers before he was killed. There is "no evidence" that a handgun found at the scene where Mark Duggan was killed by armed officers was used, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) stated.???????

Investigations confirmed that Duggan's death came after two shots were fired by a Scotland Yard CO19 firearms officer.'

lotfi_morteza20110809181439730.jpg

Pretty shocking isn't it ML, police shot a known gangster in possession of a loaded weapon. I'm guessing your train of thought is that they should have waited until he pulled the trigger before retaliating. My thought, it is a crime to carry a loaded weapon on the streets of the UK, and if anyone is caught with such a weapon the police have every right to shoot such persons, that is what we employ them to do, to maintain law and order.

He wasn't carrying a loaded gun because he was thirsty or because he had BO, he was carrying it for a reason, he won't do it again which means other people are now safer.

Tommy Wiseau

This is the kind of polemic pish that I have been arguing against all fecking week:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jennifer-lipman/just-give-me-a-reason-to-_b_921963.html

Comparisons with Kristallnacht, accusing anyone of saying that it is important to try and understand the causes of this in order that we can prevent it reoccurring as showing that their "sympathies lie with the rioters".

What a lot of utter shite.

Still waiting on one single person outside of the looters themselves claiming it was "OK" as Lipman suggests is happening on a widespread level. Embarrassing.

Nicholas Brody

Are you for real? i thought the guy showed a great deal of dignity and called for calm! There is no way in the world i would have being that calm if my son had just died for feck all!

I meant the other guys that started chanting. The father did extremely well.

Guy on C4 was 100% spot on! Children trying to raise children! What chance does society have

Guy on C4 was 100% spot on! Children trying to raise children! What chance does society have

he stole that line from jeremy kyle.

This is the kind of polemic pish that I have been arguing against all fecking week:

http://www.huffingto...-_b_921963.html

Comparisons with Kristallnacht, accusing anyone of saying that it is important to try and understand the causes of this in order that we can prevent it reoccurring as showing that their "sympathies lie with the rioters".

Still waiting on one single person outside of the looters themselves claiming it was "OK" as Lipman suggests is happening on a widespread level. Embarrassing.

It's not so much polemic as offensive shite.

Commander Harris

http://www.huffingto...-_b_921963.html

yup. Trying to understand the sociological reasons for such an event is something we should definitely be doing, that's not the same as excusing what's happened. I can't really understand why so many people can't see the difference.

Tommy Wiseau

It's not so much polemic as offensive shite.

Polemic pish, utter shite / offensive shite.

Tomayto/Tomahto

I'll hashtag it #LipmanIsACock

:)

Pretty shocking isn't it ML, police shot a known gangster in possession of a loaded weapon. I'm guessing your train of thought is that they should have waited until he pulled the trigger before retaliating. My thought, it is a crime to carry a loaded weapon on the streets of the UK, and if anyone is caught with such a weapon the police have every right to shoot such persons, that is what we employ them to do, to maintain law and order.

He wasn't carrying a loaded gun because he was thirsty or because he had BO, he was carrying it for a reason, he won't do it again which means other people are now safer.

You talk a lot of sense my friend. Amazing how many folk slag off the police and blame them for everything, until they need them that is.

So because she was a girl she cant be dealt with the same way as a 16 year old laddie throwing rocks at police :blink:

In this age of equality she is quite entitled to be treated just the same. Indeed it's her right. Don't know what all the squawking is about.

The Real Maroonblood

In this age of equality she is quite entitled to be treated just the same. Indeed it's her right. Don't know what all the squawking is about.

:lol::lol:

maroonlegions

Yes your guessing of my line of thought is were it endsthumbsup.gif,i am in no way condoning him carrying a gun or any other person who does but have the rules of engagement suddenly change where no pre warning was given and a shoot on sight method was introduced;???Where the police lucky in their guessing that he was carrying a gun, how did they determine he had a gun or was it a case of he is a gangster so he must have a gun so lets just shoot him dead and ask questions latter; Did the police know he was carrying a gun due to their surveillance before they shot first or do we now have a police force that has been given powers to shoot anyone they might GUESS or suspect of carrying a firearms ,is this the kind of policing we want in the UK acting as missionaries;down.gif

;Do the police need to be held more accountable in cases like this or do they do as they please and adopt the American way of shoot first just in case a gun is in possession; BO or no BO there is nothing wrong with having the opinion that everything we are told is never just black and white and IF the police did act hastily then you bet your bottom dollar it will be white washed, every person including the police are held accountable for their actions;What needs addressed here is was their sufficient justifications for this man to be shot dead IF there was no sign on his part of provocation or danger to the police beyond him having a gun in his possession, if not why was there no pre warning to given to him,that was my point in my OP;ML;cool.gif

ML, police don't just carry guns around in the hope some ned is armed and dngerous. I would like to think a bit of planning went into this episode.

The Real Maroonblood

ML, police don't just carry guns around in the hope some ned is armed and dngerous. I would like to think a bit of planning went into this episode.

Spot on.

Yes your guessing of my line of thought is were it endsthumbsup.gif,i am in no way condoning him carrying a gun or any other person who does but have the rules of engagement suddenly change where no pre warning was given and a shoot on sight method was introduced;???Where the police lucky in their guessing that he was carrying a gun, how did they determine he had a gun or was it a case of he is a gangster so he must have a gun so lets just shoot him dead and ask questions latter; Did the police know he was carrying a gun due to their surveillance before they shot first or do we now have a police force that has been given powers to shoot anyone they might GUESS or suspect of carrying a firearms ,is this the kind of policing we want in the UK acting as missionaries;down.gif

;Do the police need to be held more accountable in cases like this or do they do as they please and adopt the American way of shoot first just in case a gun is in possession; BO or no BO there is nothing wrong with having the opinion that everything we are told is never just black and white and IF the police did act hastily then you bet your bottom dollar it will be white washed, every person including the police are held accountable for their actions;What needs addressed here is was their sufficient justifications for this man to be shot dead IF there was no sign on his part of provocation or danger to the police beyond him having a gun in his possession, if not why was there no pre warning to given to him,that was my point in my OP;ML;cool.gif

Bottom line surely is that if you go out carrying a gun and you end up in a body bag - you've got what you deserve.

Too much fluff in the navel contemplating going on here. Maybe that's the real message that should go out to the "boy gangstas" have a gun in your possession and your not looking at a prison sentence - your looking up at the zip fastener on the inside of a body bag.

ring-of-fire

Bottom line surely is that if you go out carrying a gun and you end up in a body bag - you've got what you deserve.

Too much fluff in the navel contemplating going on here. Maybe that's the real message that should go out to the "boy gangstas" have a gun in your possession and your not looking at a prison sentence - your looking up at the zip fastener on the inside of a body bag.

They were following/targeting him because of phone chatter about how he was planning on carrying out a shooting. He never shot first, which in my opinion means the police have done their job, if he had shot then been shot the police would have been reactive not proactive; I'd rather (and I'm sure all law abiding citizens would agree) never be victim of a crime then to be a victim but the culprit is apprehended soon after.

You carry a gun and the police are in belief that you are going to use this on someone else, then you run the risk of being shot. Have no sympathy for anyone that runs that risk.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play to the dad of one of the victims. That's the kind of sensible community leadership that is lacking.

maroonlegions

A couple of points here below after it was revealed that he never shot first;

1;Police officers said the man who was inside the cab was shot to death in a gun fight with police officers after the man OPENED FIRE but the IPCC investigation reveals that the police lied and that the man in fact NEVER opened fire;

2;So why the need to lie, unless you are attempting to cover up something;This in not the first time that the police have been found wanting but once again i am not condoning anyone carrying firearms ,what i do condone is cowardly avoidance of accountability based on lies for actions that are determined unjust or breach the rules of engagement and i am sure any other honourable gents and ladies would agree;ML;cool.gif

Nicholas Brody

1;Police officers said the man who was inside the cab was shot to death in a gun fight with police officers after the man OPENED FIRE but the IPCC investigation reveals that the police lied and that the man in fact NEVER opened fire;

2;So why the need to lie, unless you are attempting to cover up something;This in not the first time that the police have been found wanting but once again i am not condoning anyone carrying firearms ,what i do condone is cowardly avoidance of accountability based on lies for actions that are determined unjust or breach the rules of engagement and i am sure any other honourable gents and ladies would agree;ML;cool.gif

One of the police officers had a bullet lodged in his radio did he not? Probably put one and two together and stated that he was in a fire fight seeing as he had a bullet shot at him. He wouldn't be able to know who it was fired from.

Italian Lambretta

I think this is Millwall and possibly EDL out on the streets looking for neds.

Police are trying stop them from attacking poor little black kids.

iep9.jpg

and here we go!

- check out the last few seconds.

:pleasing: That's seriously cheered me up. Kick him when he's down :thumbsup:

This has to be a cover up a conspiracy.

There was a officer on BBC news earlier in the evening that basically said ' Being drunk and singing football songs does nothing to help your community'

Good on the EDL at least they've got something right.

i'm sure they will find another bus to attack with darkies on it?...

ToadKiller Dog

No the boozed up EDL scum could not find anybody to attack so started chucking bottles at the police , they are not the answer to any question .

Craig Gordons Gloves

what an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Well said.

From the very start, what this situation has needed is a mob of violent, neanderthal racists to wade in.

Felix Lighter

Well said.

From the very start, what this situation has needed is a mob of violent, neanderthal racists to wade in.

Agreed, it's just a shame the Met weren't up to the task. :ninja:

The father of that lad that was killed showed outstanding class. As did many others in that group. If everyone in a similar situation as that showed sense and restraint of that kind then there would be much more respect between people within the community. And there would be a much healthier relationship between racial groups and the police. It would have been eeasy for that man to rage at the police for some reason or another, but he didn't. Huge respect to the guy and his friends and family.

Yeah because not enough of the dregs of society have been involved over the past few nights.

Chad Sexington

The father of that lad that was killed showed outstanding class. As did many others in that group. If everyone in a similar situation as that showed sense and restraint of that kind then there would be much more respect between people within the community. And there would be a much healthier relationship between racial groups and the police. It would have been eeasy for that man to rage at the police for some reason or another, but he didn't. Huge respect to the guy and his friends and family.

Correct.

Very moving to see.

Correct.

Very moving to see.

Indeed. And something to restore some faith in one that there are decent people out there. I think that guy could do a lot of good in a wider sense from his own tragedy. It seems to me that he would know others of a similar calibre as well.

The Mighty Thor

Yasmin Alibhai Brown playing the race card in record time on Sky News.

I'm genuinely surprised.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yasmin Alibhai Brown playing the race card in record time on Sky News.

I'm genuinely surprised.

Is that bitch still polluting the airwaves?

Ribery's Face

- check out the last few seconds.

this is one of the many things that would make david obua lol

The Mighty Thor
<br /><br />

Is that bitch still polluting the airwaves?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Possibly one of the most odious 'political commentators' ever to grace the airwaves.

She's a fecking horrible cow.

Archived