Election night

Boomstick

Agreed Knox, Labour's policy is going to bite them on the arse. I think it'll be a good thing for the party, they need a total clearout and seriously rethink their approach. People are sick of the Lib Dem/Labour party politics and it shows tonight.

Another huge gain for SNP, could be a crushing defeat for Labour.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down south, 12 of the 13 LibDem Councilors in Nick Clegg's own constituency have lost their seats. I think he's killed his party stone dead, so how long can he last, and how long can the ConDem coalition last now? :blink:

It'll last, it just won't happen again.

People are saying it might just be local, no chance imo.

The last two Labour folk they've had on the BBC look close to tears. :lol:

Harry Palmer

According to someone called Severin Carrell Guardian Scottish correspondent on Twit:

Libs predict losing Edinburgh South to Lab,

Edinburgh Central to Lab or SNP and could lose Edinburgh West to SNP.....

ToYouToMe

Iain Gray will be hoping he does not get in, what an embarrassment. Best he fades away.

What a masterstroke getting Red Ed up to help, eh?

That probably killed it. LOL

The Comedian

another snp gain. labour and lib dems to be obliterated. Could be an astonishing night for snp. Love it.

Lord Foulkes near to tears. All the fault of the Lib Dems and the SNP had more money than us. :lol:

Looks like Labour's ability to mobilise large numbers of party activists might not be enough. They, like the Lib Dems, have just been hitting SNP policy on the rebound and not done enough positive work themselves by the look of things.

Gray is a dick. Hope he loses.

I hope Gray loses his seat by one vote, I'll be able to use the smug smiley knowing that I helped kick him out. :thumbsup:

Mr Sifter

This is car crash telly folks. Worth stayin up for.

labour are gonna end up bein bitchslapped aboot Holyrood for the next five years.

Iain Gray is a Hibby. Alec Salmond is a Jambo. Nuff said.

Annabel Goldie has got a bit Rod Stewart about her....

:lol:

My mum calls her Mrs. Doubtfire. She's a good politician though.

hearts151

haha, 6k lib dem votes in East Lothian .. He's a goner!!

ToYouToMe

This is car crash telly folks. Worth stayin up for.

labour are gonna end up bein bitchslapped aboot Holyrood for the next five years.

Iain Gray is a Hibby. Alec Salmond is a Jambo. Nuff said.

Exactly. Second best as always!

Radioactive Mince

Looks like Labour's ability to mobilise large numbers of party activists might not be enough. They, like the Lib Dems, have just been hitting SNP policy on the rebound and not done enough positive work themselves by the look of things.

That's it in a nutshell my man.

My wife, Labour 'til she dies type of voter, will not see this when I try to debate it. I'd rather a party outlined what they've done, what they haven't been able to do and why, and what they intend to do in the future than listen to the others poo-poo the SNP at every opportunity (Westminster politics tartanised).

Running scared. Sickening.

:scenes:

:lol:

My mum calls her Mrs. Doubtfire. She's a good politician though.

If she's married, I bet he has a flat cap and big moustache ;)

Boomstick

ian gray is papping himself.

The most uncomfortable I've seen him. And that takes some doing...

Sten Guns

No choice but to stay up. I'm currently counting the votes at the Royal Highland Centre.

Getting sleepy, been up since 6am, worked, gym, now counting votes, 9pm til ptob 5am.

No doubt end up being awake 24 hours solid. LONG DAY.

ToYouToMe

Cringeworthy watching him try to defend that horror show of a campaign.

Almost feel sorry for the guy.

Harry Palmer

Gray in Haddington...that's enough for me.

Arsehole.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gray losing his seat would be :pleasing:

The only way the other main parties could have stopped the Nats momentum in the previous parliament was to have the referendum on independence, win it and make the SNP question their raison d'etre. When you bottle out...

That's it in a nutshell my man.

My wife, Labour 'til she dies type of voter, will not see this when I try to debate it. I'd rather a party outlined what they've done, what they haven't been able to do and why, and what they intend to do in the future than listen to the others poo-poo the SNP at every opportunity.

Running scared. Sickening.

Yeah, the last Westminster election has worked so much in the SNPs favour. Labour have relied for too long on their partisan support and if that has started to slide, and if the results so far are indicative of the country that is the case, then they could take a hammering tonight.

Gray looks like a defeated man, I would love it if he loses his seat.

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

gray is now on bbc 2. :pleasing:

Dimbleby is roasting him. Brilliant.

Goldstone Wonder

Gray is an absolute disaster. Sounds like a flat-earther now. Saying there is a higher Labour vote & the Lib Dems & Tories are collapsing. Dear oh dear.

Galloway spot on re Labour. Scottish Labour doing too much to maintain their Westminster strength and spending all their time attacking the Tories and Lib Dems over UK policy, when the real threat were SNP. Instead of matching them on Scottish policy they just tried to shoot down as many things that flew their way.

Lib Dems looking like Audley Harrison in the English elections.

hearts151

lmao, Labour are like the Old firm! - We have had a disaster tonight because of the lib dems - haha

Harry Palmer

Lib Dems looking like Audley Harrison in the English elections.

Shite in other words.

The People's Chimp

Shite in other words.

It's not funny when you spell it out.

Mr Sifter

THIS IS BIG.

If this uprising continues across the country I expect we could be independant within months, if not weeks.

In Eck we Trust.

If someone could be arsed sky plussing this whole show and editin it down, it'd make a decent hour or so of PURE CRINGE fi Iain the Hibby Gray and his lochend docksider colleagues. All like Rabbits in the headlights on LIVE tv, Sally askin each and every one of them "So............what the **** just happened?"

Mr Sifter

Ian Gray - "my seat it tight I think".

I'll bet it is ;)

Haha thought similar.

it's almost stopped being funny. almost.

ha. 'The real Ian Gray'. well done missus.

ToYouToMe

Ya dancer, 8.9% swing in Clydesdale. Labourites :seething:

Any idea when Edinburgh West is likely to be declared? Would be amazing if SNP won the seat here. :thumbsup:

ha. just switched over to bbc2, the libdems were getting beat by the bnp in wales.

Boomstick

Any idea when Edinburgh West is likely to be declared? Would be amazing if SNP won the seat here. :thumbsup:

Expected 4am.

Christ, yet another strong Labour member lost due to their asinine policy of not sticking people on the list. :facepalm:

hearts151

Aye the labour bird on the panel said its against labours policy to be on both ... and as another guy pointed out, List is usually made up of newcomers .. not experienced .. Labour are going to be F* CKED

Goldstone Wonder

Don't think Edin West is going to be announced till 3 at the earliest. Bed for me.

Boomstick

Ya dancer, 8.9% swing in Clydesdale. Labourites :seething:

Not at all.

Seeing the country radically change its voting pattern is exciting.

A total trouncing will help the Labour party clear out the dross, of which there's a lot in Scotland, regroup and refocus and come back strong in the future. It'll be a bitter pill to swallow but sometimes you have to take your medicine.

Archived