Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Creepy Lurker

Imagine Dexter and the bird doing S&M.

'That's an infraction for you, you naughty girl. You cannot receive cunnilingus again until you acknowledge it.'

'Hit me with your banhammer, you big moderating beast.'

Guest GhostHunter

Imagine Dexter and the bird doing S&M.

'That's an infraction for you, you naughty girl. You cannot receive cunnilingus again until you acknowledge it.'

'Hit me with your banhammer, you big moderating beast.'

:D

Your mum's told you, hasn't she...

Konrad von Carstein

I hate you :lol:

I've hurt my lower bicep/forearm area, I think when I "went for it" on thursday to get below 9 mns....fekking sor BTW

I know it's bad form to quote yourself but this injury has got progressively worse over the weekend, don't think I'll be rowing again for quite while :(

Snake Plissken

stock-footage-golden-dumbbels-with-adjustable-weights-cg-animation.jpg

Big C's gym might not have heavy weights but who cares about getting results when they look this fabulous.

You weightlifters must spend a lot of time in cheap internet cafes? Surely none of you can afford your own computers and monthly internet charges?

50k dumbbells?

******* hell, I lift about 16kg. Clearly in bumder territory.

I'm assuming the 50kg will be for chest presses and suchlike.

If he's bicep or hammer curling 50kgs, he'd have to be one seriously huge guy :lol:

I'm assuming the 50kg will be for chest presses and suchlike.

If he's bicep or hammer curling 50kgs, he'd have to be one seriously huge guy :lol:

Your assumptions are correct! Bigger lifts etc...don't think i've ever seen anyone lift such loads for bicep curls etc, they'd have to be a ridiculous size! As for me i'm fortunate i've got pretty good strength without actually being that big.

Snake Plissken

Your assumptions are correct! Bigger lifts etc...don't think i've ever seen anyone lift such loads for bicep curls etc, they'd have to be a ridiculous size! As for me i'm fortunate i've got pretty good strength without actually being that big.

"Pretty good" :lol:

You put most of us to shame on here, but I find it motivating to read about them and push myself harder to get closer to those kinds of numbers. How much do you weigh out of interest?

The People's Chimp

You put most of us to shame on here, but I find it motivating to read about them and push myself harder to get closer to those kinds of numbers. How much do you weigh out of interest?

True, I upped my weights when I hit the gym after reading ellsbells post. :lol:

I weigh 92kg at the moment mate and pretty lean, but at 6ft i dont feel i look that big. Have weighed just under 100 in recent years but personally feel more comfortable at current weight although i'm aiming to get to a lean 95kg.

It's genuinely all about pushing yourself that little extra at a time. Adding 2.5kg to a big lift every month is great progress and i think too many people expect to be increasing at a greater rate. Add small consistent increments each month and over the course of a year it all adds up. Add 2.5kg to your squat a month and that's 30kg over the year - most people should be pleased with a 30kg increase especially if they're lifting to their maximum potential.

Creepy Lurker

First lifting session after my deload week went well. Probably too early to put it down to the deload, but I feel stronger and my overall energy levels have definitely been better. Going really light for a while definitely helped my motivation to go heavy too.

Now up to 3700 calories per day, feelsgoodman.jpg. Gained 14lbs since I started my bulk in February/March and still looking pretty lean, about 10-12% bodyfat I'd say. Pleased with that.

Guest GhostHunter

First lifting session after my deload week went well. Probably too early to put it down to the deload, but I feel stronger and my overall energy levels have definitely been better. Going really light for a while definitely helped my motivation to go heavy too.

Now up to 3700 calories per day, feelsgoodman.jpg. Gained 14lbs since I started my bulk in February/March and still looking pretty lean, about 10-12% bodyfat I'd say. Pleased with that.

What's a normal day's food consumption to get to 3700 cals ?

Creepy Lurker

What's a normal day's food consumption to get to 3700 cals ?

It honestly changes every day. I've been eyeballing quite a lot of calories / macros lately due to eating out a fair bit, but I tend to cook quite a lot of things in bulk and switch between them on different days. I'm on my phone just now, but can post Myfitnesspal screenshots when I get home if you're interested.

Guest GhostHunter

It honestly changes every day. I've been eyeballing quite a lot of calories / macros lately due to eating out a fair bit, but I tend to cook quite a lot of things in bulk and switch between them on different days. I'm on my phone just now, but can post Myfitnesspal screenshots when I get home if you're interested.

Please - I'm trying to up my intake, but struggling with choices etc...

Creepy Lurker

This is today. Needed two screenshots as there's too much food on there:

Diary1_zpsf28800b2.jpg

diary2_zpsd04a8ee0.jpg

Having four meals today, so the stuff under 'snacks' is actually just the fourth meal. Bought the pizza I had for lunch from the La Favorita stand on the Royal Mile, so it's a quarter of a chicken pizza and a quarter of a haggis pizza. Guessed the macros for those based on the ones I've used and other similar stuff on MFP. Also, the breakfast is protein pancakes and not just a radge mix of ingredients. I'm not really anywhere near the MFP recommendations on macros, but that's because I have my own figures that I aim for and only use MFP to track. I've ended up a bit higher on protein than I'd usually aim for, but that's fine.

Was going to post a screenshot from Thursday, but MFP's taken an odd turn and is convinced my lunch contained about 54 million calories (seriously). I'll post it when MFP stops acting up. On work days I usually eat six meals rather than four, and always have a shake plus a peanut butter and something (banana, honey, jam or chocolate spread) sandwich after training. SUPERBRO.

Snake Plissken

3700 calories? :arry:

You must have some metabolism, Creeps. I'm starting on a bulk and I'll be going for 2700 calories with an aim of adding 2-3kg of lean mass by the year's end. I've cut the bodyfat right down to about 10%, I managed to retain the muscle I gained last winter so I'm pretty happy with how things are going.

The problem I have with MFP is trying to find some of the more obscure Korean dishes I eat, many of them are there but I also have to list the individual ingredients a lot of the time. It's a useful tool but it can be a pain when you have to search for things like duruchigi or samgyeopsal on there.

Creepy Lurker

3700 calories? :arry:

You must have some metabolism, Creeps. I'm starting on a bulk and I'll be going for 2700 calories with an aim of adding 2-3kg of lean mass by the year's end. I've cut the bodyfat right down to about 10%, I managed to retain the muscle I gained last winter so I'm pretty happy with how things are going.

The problem I have with MFP is trying to find some of the more obscure Korean dishes I eat, many of them are there but I also have to list the individual ingredients a lot of the time. It's a useful tool but it can be a pain when you have to search for things like duruchigi or samgyeopsal on there.

Ireckon I have a pretty fast metabolism, but I'm also training MT 3 days a week and walk quite a lot through the day so that plays a part.

Agree about MFP and even had the same problem to an extent with French food. It's a good tool but definitely has its limitations.

Stuart McNeill

Any you guys have a period of not being able to get yourself to the gym?

Since I've been back from my holiday I was seem to have a reason to not go.

Having to work or just generally laziness.

Any advice on what you guys have done.

This is me for the last 3/4 weeks.

So pee'd off with myself too as I end up sitting about all night doing FA!

General laziness is not really a reason, you've answered your own question.

Two things:

If you go a couple of times you'll enjoy the benefits and get back in the habit.

If you don't have a goal to aim for then you'll be less motivated.

Presumably getting in shape for your holiday was your target. You need to set yourself a new target... Lose X pounds of fat or gain X pounds of muscle by Christmas for example.