Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Guest GhostHunter

Jeezo.

My body was hurting just watching that. I think I could manage maybe a handful of those before something snapped.

Governor Tarkin

After last weekends Newcastle stag, this weeks been a shambles in the gym.

What a difference the old bit bevy makes. :lol:

It wasn't until I had to give up the grog for a month or so that I realised what a huge difference it makes. Especially now that I'm no longer a pup.

Might seem a stupid question but what is the best time to go to the gym?

I've been going in the morning before work but it got me think if it would better to go at night and burn of everything that I've eaten during the day.

Creepy Lurker

Might seem a stupid question but what is the best time to go to the gym?

I've been going in the morning before work but it got me think if it would better to go at night and burn of everything that I've eaten during the day.

Yes, go directly before bed as during your workout you will burn off absolutely every item of food you ate during the day which will stop your body storing it all as fat when it stops and resets at midnight precisely.

Recovery shake is still okay if consumed within 27 seconds of the end of your workout.

:(

Just drank 3 Vitality yoghurt drinks, absolutely off my tits on good bacteria.

Had creatine earlier, does anyone know the results of this combination, scared to sleep.

Had creatine earlier, does anyone know the results of this combination, scared to sleep.

You'll most likely wake up with muscles bigger than your skin can stretch to.

15-bane-fanart-batman-rises.jpg

Guest GhostHunter

Yes, go directly before bed as during your workout you will burn off absolutely every item of food you ate during the day which will stop your body storing it all as fat when it stops and resets at midnight precisely.

Recovery shake is still okay if consumed within 27 seconds of the end of your workout.

:(

:D

What if it's BST ?

Not done any training for the past two months due to a mixture of laziness, being busy at work and laziness.

Have signed up to do a half marathon at end of April to get me motivated so going to start training again tomorrow.

Tonight will be spent making up a kickass 90 minute playlist for training to. :thumbsup:

I spend whole evenings making up playlists too, that's the most important thing.

Great minds and all that ;)

Was babysitting my neice so couldn't get out to train.

Tonight it's game on though. :thumbsup:

Edited by Budgie.

I remember one time I got an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas, and let me tell you that I was miserable for every second of that trip. It seriously messed with my routine of kipping bosu ball burpee chin-ups, and what's more I didn't even get to eat clean.

Arf :)

Creepy Lurker

Decided not to bother with the gym today as I don't even have any playlists and feel that my time would be better making some instead.

Decided not to bother with the gym today as I don't even have any playlists and feel that my time would be better making some instead.

:biggrin:

I have approximately 12 weeks until I go on holiday with the bird and I want to look as juicy as fuark for going away.

Body is in OK condition at the moment but would maybe like to be a bit bigger and a bit leaner.

Opinions on doing a 6-8 week bulk followed by a 4-6 week cut right before going away. Too short a time? Need dem abs showing.

Great minds and all that ;)

Was babysitting my neice so couldn't get out to train.

Tonight it's game on though. :thumbsup:

Why did you not just bench and bicep curl her?

Excuses don't get you big.

I have approximately 12 weeks until I go on holiday with the bird and I want to look as juicy as fuark for going away.

Body is in OK condition at the moment but would maybe like to be a bit bigger and a bit leaner.

Opinions on doing a 6-8 week bulk followed by a 4-6 week cut right before going away. Too short a time? Need dem abs showing.

You are unlikely to really put on any noticable muscle in say 7 weeks. And even if you do you are probably leaving too little time to cut afterwards. If abs are the priority I would just spend the 12 weeks slowly leaning out.

Creepy Lurker

Do I need to take a protein shake after making a playlist? If so how soon after? Is it okay to have it in milk? I don't wanna get too big.

You are unlikely to really put on any noticable muscle in say 7 weeks. And even if you do you are probably leaving too little time to cut afterwards. If abs are the priority I would just spend the 12 weeks slowly leaning out.

False.

needle-and-syringe.jpg

Generic Username

I've given up the ghost this week, big time.

Going to get my arse back along tomorrow and start hitting it hard again. My model figure doesn't just happen naturally

:smuggy:

Bench press then!

:biggrin:

First run for over two months completed last night.

10k in 56 mins, second half of it was into a driving blizzard. Face went totally numb at one point.

Knee is killing me this morning :sob:

But feeling great for getting back into training.

:jjyay:

Lancashire_Lou

2 hours of roller derby completed. LOADS of hits which was brilliant; gonna be sore tomorrow!

Snake Plissken

2 hours of roller derby completed. LOADS of hits which was brilliant; gonna be sore tomorrow!

Is that the thing with lesbians trundling about on skates?

An ex of mine from years back does it and see pics of it on my Facebook every once in a while, how does it actually work?

Lancashire_Lou

Is that the thing with lesbians trundling about on skates?

An ex of mine from years back does it and see pics of it on my Facebook every once in a while, how does it actually work?

Yeah! Pretty much the perfect sport for me. Loads of skills & tactics to learn, fast moving, team centred and full contact so you really get the chance to let off any steam you've built up during the week! A good article here;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4858367/Fast-brutal-roller-derby-is-a-smash-with-British-women.html

Edited by Lancashire_Lou

Snake Plissken

Yeah! Pretty much the perfect sport for me. Loads of skills & tactics to learn, fast moving, team centred and full contact so you really get the chance to let off any steam you've built up during the week! A good article here;

http://www.thesun.co...tish-women.html

Ah right, as I said I see pics of it pop up on my feed all the time and it reminds me of the hippos in Fantasia.

Seems to have quite a following though so good on them.

In other news, I broke 100kg on the bench press this evening :yas:

Now for an immediate protein shake so I don't lose my pump.

Ah right, as I said I see pics of it pop up on my feed all the time and it reminds me of the hippos in Fantasia.

Seems to have quite a following though so good on them.

In other news, I broke 100kg on the bench press this evening yas!.gif

Now for an immediate protein shake so I don't lose my pump.

Welcome to the club.

Snake Plissken

The first time you hit 3 figures on the bench press is like losing you're virginity.

:wub:

Today I am a man.

A broken man but a man nonetheless.

Im dying just now.

Broke my 1 rep max on the Overhead Squat (62.5kg), Bench Press (85kg) and Clean (80kg).

Feel like I've been hit by a ******* truck.

Im dying just now.

Broke my 1 rep max on the Overhead Squat (62.5kg), Bench Press (85kg) and Clean (80kg).

Feel like I've been hit by a ******* truck.

Decent lifts - for the clean and o/head squat especially, very technical but those weights are impressive. Not surprised its hurting though!

Wanted to try some overhead squats for a while.

But as its such an unforgiving lift, there really isn't anywhere I could do it at pure gym.

One day I'll have a home gym garage. That's the dream. :lol:

Decent lifts - for the clean and o/head squat especially, very technical but those weights are impressive. Not surprised its hurting though!

O/H are my favourites. Only time I can get anywhere near all the massive rugby boys as they tend to just '****' weights up without any proper technique. I do an olympic lifting class every wed since xmas and its really helping.

O/H are my favourites. Only time I can get anywhere near all the massive rugby boys as they tend to just '****' weights up without any proper technique. I do an olympic lifting class every wed since xmas and its really helping.

Have never tried O/H. Was doing normal squats and front squats last night... then played fives straight away.

Captain Hop Along today!

The People's Chimp

Was on a decent run of getting to the gym and on monday night I went a bit mad. Form out the window, absolutely caning it and trying to totally beast myself. I've managed to do something to a muscle in my neck. It's sheer agony in the morning when it's seized up, but not that bad (i.e. bearable) during the day/evening with a load of ibuprofen down me, after the muscles have warmed up.

Shan.

:lol:

Tried to do an overhead squat with just the oly bar.

Was training back today and noticed the bar was free. Remembered the recent post and thought, right, trying this.

Just the bar and I nearly fell over. :facepalm:

Guessing you get used to it quickly, but my god that's tricky.

I can squat 130kg for 8 too. Not exactly weak at squats.

Sounds like you guys didn't warm up properly by preparing a suitable playlist.

I really must stop listening to Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory in the gym

Is it normal to find deads extremely addictive ?

I know, I weird.

Nope. I absolutely love them.

Up to 180kg 1rm at 79kg body weight.