Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

there are loads of sites that will give you programmes dependant on your experience and goals bodybuilding.com, muscle fitness.com and myprotein.com google is your friend 

Toning up is generally staying about the same  weight but dropping fat and increasing muscles,  As ri points out technically that lower weight with high volume. I don’t really believe in that theory all that much as it essentially about forcing the muscle to tear to grow. Though each to their own.

Time under tension is key and you should focus on the push phase when pulling and vice versa. So if bench or envying don’t just push the weight up and drop it back to position. Lower under tension and you will be rewarded albeit progress will be slower 

Circuits probably not a part starting place and will give you cardio. Though I personally look to get my cardio through HIIT session. 

Any body transformation diet is key. You can’t out train a bad diet. Eat for the weight you want to be not you are. Make sure you get enough protien. A safe measure would be 2grams per pounds of body weight. I recommend recording as you’ll be surprised bout where calories are,. Concentrate on good quality food and stay away from processed crap. 

I would recommend things like photos each month and perhaps body measurements to monitor progress each month. You notice progress in photos much more than scales imo.

Good luck and enjoy, 

Cheers (+ ri Alban too)

I've dropped 2 stone this year. I'm now a fit but flabby 14stone.

No diet as such just cleaned up. The weights are only really to supplement the running.

I've been doing half marathons, can cover 20km+ fairly frequently now.

Ive picked up a wee niggle though which is where weights come in. Want to strengthen the core and glutes etc. And allows me to do some exercise while my leg hopefully recovers. Ive cycled and hiked too, so cardio well covered.

So I've been stricking to squats with the bar bell etc.

Roughly I've been doing 3 sets of ten reps for each exercise. A variety of a dozen exercises I found on Google. 

No real method in that but it just seemed a mid amount of reps to start somewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Creepy Lurker

• Sten Guns

• RS86

• Snake Plissken

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to start taking protein again. Got out of the habit but it helps to add bulk and speeds up muscle recovery.   The downside is that you have to drop anchor in Poo bay a lot more than normal!

Posted Images

On 03/11/2020 at 07:43, Lord BJ said:

there are loads of sites that will give you programmes dependant on your experience and goals bodybuilding.com, muscle fitness.com and myprotein.com google is your friend 

Toning up is generally staying about the same  weight but dropping fat and increasing muscles,  As ri points out technically that lower weight with high volume. I don’t really believe in that theory all that much as it essentially about forcing the muscle to tear to grow. Though each to their own.

Time under tension is key and you should focus on the push phase when pulling and vice versa. So if bench or envying don’t just push the weight up and drop it back to position. Lower under tension and you will be rewarded albeit progress will be slower 

Circuits probably not a part starting place and will give you cardio. Though I personally look to get my cardio through HIIT session. 

Any body transformation diet is key. You can’t out train a bad diet. Eat for the weight you want to be not you are. Make sure you get enough protien. A safe measure would be 2grams per pounds of body weight. I recommend recording as you’ll be surprised bout where calories are,. Concentrate on good quality food and stay away from processed crap. 

I would recommend things like photos each month and perhaps body measurements to monitor progress each month. You notice progress in photos much more than scales imo.

Good luck and enjoy, 

Find that helps a lot tbh, bought a set of smart scales and the app that they connect to is great for recording measurements too so even if weight hasn't changed 

Was about to hit the gyn next week, as I have a week off. 

Aa well... 

Harry Potter
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aa well... 

This one.

download (6).jpg

8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

This one.

download (6).jpg

🤣

I meant Gym, bud. 👍

On 18/11/2020 at 14:56, ri Alban said:

Aa well... 

Im so glad mines in my house , but its horrific between the uncertainty of work , keeping up with regs for having anyone in to train and he mental thought of sharing equipment when I train etc. Iv found it really tough the last few weeks. Hardly trained at all. back to it today tho

Got a freebie session at Bodystreet in Morningside tomorrow, full body EMS training session, anyone tried it? (basically same idea as those electronic muscle stimulators/ab machines but full body while doing a workout)

Should add i'm not looking at doing this all the time, if it feels like it works i'll maybe go once a month as a boost to my normal gym routine