The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Hummingbird

A stylish thriller starring Jason Statham. It's not a classic but it is watchable and is a pretty nice looking film in parts

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Gravity 6/10

Beautifully shot, but let down by a shaky plot and an almost complete lack of character development.

Elysium - I really enjoyed District 9 but the director goes over similar ground here and this was really disappointing. Contrived and a bit cheesy with a big, clunky 'message'. Could've been good if it didn't take itself so seriously. 4/10

rudi must stay

Calvary

I went it expecting another film like The Guard, an excellent film that's well worth watching. It's nothing at all like that, and does make you think

9/10

Shanks said no

The Missing Picture

4/10

Oscar nominated documentary from Cambodia. Felt a bit like the Killing Fields meets Tony Hart, I unfortunately kept thinking Morph was about to appear. Have watched better films on the subject.

Shanks said no

My Brother The Devil

6/10

Set in London about two very different Egyptian brothers. One is a very naughty boy and the other isn't. Liked it but just couldn't pick up the slang used and looked for a subtitled option at one stage.

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Screenplay gets a tad convoluted but what a good looking movie with the proper portrayal of Spidey as the wise-cracking web-head. Like Captain America: the Winter Soldier, it approaches the action with a unique style, none of this choppy/editing style that lets you see none of what is happening.

8/10

The Master

6.5/10

Strong performances from Pheonix and Hoffman, but the story doesn't go anywhere particularly interesting.

rudi must stay

Killing Them Softly

It is quite slow, I will say that. But a bit like a Sopranos episode, its all about the dialogue

8/10

The Comedian

Do the right thing - 5/10

I remember this being brilliant before, after watching again years later it's meh. Some great scenes or dialogue. Rosie Perez always brilliant. The handicapped character was awful though.

Shanks said no

Fill the Void

7/10

Israeli subtitled film about life, death and marriage for a number of orthodox Hassidic jews. I knew very little about their culture and found it quite fascinating, although the story was a bit weak.

Metro Manila

7.5/10

Enjoyed this Philippines-set film about an impoverished farmer who moves his family to Manila in search of a better life, only to find city life bleaker than he could have imagined.

Edited by Ray Gin

Shanks said no

Diana

1/10

This had to be bad and it did not disappoint. Watched it in the hope that it would be so bad it was good, say in a funny way. It was just rubbish. Only funny moment was the end (no, not in that way). There's a scene when the news starts to break that she is dead and lights go on all over the city as phones ring. Son asked if that happened to us. Answer was no as i was still up partying, we had beaten Hibs the day before and I hadn't gone to bed!

The Future's Maroon

It's not a new one, but I watched Vantage Point on the gogglebox last night and thought it was good.

Also watched Now You See Me last week and really enjoyed it even though I was expecting it to be pants!

Inside Llewyn Davis

6/10

Disappointing Coen brothers film. Story is a bit dull and the lead character was a bit of an arse.

A Bronx Tale.

For some reason I've never seen this film before, a very good film about the New York small time mafia and a lot more.

Locke - interesting character study of a Welsh builder whose life is falling apart over the course of a night. Filmed entirely in a car, with Tom Hardy the only actor on screen. A very good performance from him holds the film together. 7/10

50/50 8/10

A story about a young guy ( Joseph Gordon Levitt ) who gets cancer and how he his family and friend ( Seth Rogan ) deal with his illness. Sounds bleak but its a really good story and Levitt was imo at his best in this.

DougieHMFC

42 - movie about the first black player in Major League Baseball, Jackie Robinson. Really enjoyed it

8/10

The World's End. Big disappointment as I love all their other work. Incoherent story, unlikable characters and not many laughs. 4/10

Guest GhostHunter

The World's End. Big disappointment as I love all their other work. Incoherent story, unlikable characters and not many laughs. 4/10

I watched this yesterday morning also, and think you're being too generous.

Absolute horse puke of a film.

1/10

Then last night - The Monuments Men - I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies and always score them way too high.

7/10

All is Lost

6/10

A bit dull. Survival story featuring Robert Redford, on his own, battling the elements on a boat.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Railway Man

8/10

Wasn't my cup of tea so I give it a 6 but the Mrs agrees with you and scored it an 8 as well :unsure:

Sexton Hardcastle

Stargate. 7/10

Watched it for the first time in about 15 years. Worth it alone for Kurt Russells barnet.

man of steel 3/10 - weak plot, lack of character development, the effects were not that good. really disappointing film

Bad Neighbour's 7/10 frat house moves next door to young couple with baby.

Funny if predictable ,Seth Rogen is in danger of turning into a stoner Adam Sandler as he reprises his character from several of his other films.

Since being introduced to Cartoon HD app I've caught up on a couple of more films.

Desolation of Smaug 8/10. Surprisingly good.

Pompeii 6/10 Quite entertaining.

I'm not sure I would score them so highly had I paid to watch them. ;)

Edited by Nobreath

The second hunger games film. I've read the books and enjoyed them. I'd say 8/10. If they've not filmed all of them in advance I wonder who they'll recast in Philip Seymour Hoffman's role.

Cloud Atlas

Loved it - 9/10

Had to keep pausing it to try and explain to Mrs Dunks what was happening!

ArcticJambo

Elysium ... ohh, 5.5 ... gave up on it pretty much.

However, I did glean that in 2154, Adidas will still be top brand.

,,,also spotted Bulova and GMC logos - any others ?

Noah. 7/10. Not too bad , had help from the Watchers made of stone to build the Ark.... All what they went through yet Mrs Noah's bra was still pure white. Don't think it was supposed to be in the shot tho....

50/50 - 8/10 levit playing a man who has found out he has cancer and how he deals with it plays a great part, seth rogen as his best friend is very good as well. would reccommend