The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Sexton Hardcastle

Bridesmaids 2/10

For some reason I was expecting a female version of the hangover. How wrong could I be.

Utter guff.

Pain & Gain - 8.5/10

the rock, mark wahlberg and the guy who played tupac in notorious. Some funny as **** scenes (I've got quite an immature sense of humour though) story's ok. Body builders turned con men. Worth a watch.

Don Draper

Closed Circuit 6/10

Not a huge fan of Eric Bana but thought he was OK in this. The film's a fairly enjoyable yarn, but nothing to really write home about.

I just watched a film called any day now, with Alan Cumming. It's about a young Down's syndrome chap who's neglected by his mother, who ends up in jail, and is taken in by a gay couple. The struggle to get custody........ I wasn't expecting the ending. I have puffy eyes. It was slow at points but generally enjoyable 8/10.

Godzilla - 9/10

I personally loved it!! Saw it in IMAX, what a sound and picture!! Special effects are brilliant, and the holding back of the main character worked well. A few surprises thrown in also. Human characters could have been better, but it's a monster movie at the end of the day.

PsychocAndy

Robocop 3/10

Toallies. I hated to original but Gary Oldman and Sam Jackson, what could go wrong.

A point for each and another point for the Clash on the soundtrack.

Dagger Is Back

Godzilla - 9/10

I personally loved it!! Saw it in IMAX, what a sound and picture!! Special effects are brilliant, and the holding back of the main character worked well. A few surprises thrown in also. Human characters could have been better, but it's a monster movie at the end of the day.

Amazing how folks differ. I thought it was absolute rubbish.

3/10

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Under the Skin.

Forget the story, cinematography, acting etc.

Scarlett Johannson :sweeet:

Gozilla......or as it could be known OhGodisitnotdoneyet or even GodAwful. Pile of pants, soooooo long and not interesting at all. Worst film I've watched in years. 2 out of 10.

vegas-voss

Gozilla......or as it could be known OhGodisitnotdoneyet or even GodAwful. Pile of pants, soooooo long and not interesting at all. Worst film I've watched in years. 2 out of 10.

Take it you haven't seen Pacific Rim

Take it you haven't seen Pacific Rim

Yeah, I have seen it. It was Oscar winning material in comparison.

Chester™

I watched this a few weeks ago:

Salvo - 7.5/10

Starts with the 'main' character being the henchman for a local Mafia boss. He gets to the particular person he needs to finish off, but has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome in reverse.

Wonderful movie, It has little dialogue but acted beautifully. For those that have watched the wonderful 'Band's Visit', they may recognise the main actor.

Don Draper

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 7/10

Better than the first one, but was left with a feeling that it could and should have been much more impressive than it actually was.

Ocean of maroon

Under The Skin 7.5/10

Odd movie starring Scarlett Johansson and...random Weegie folk using hidden cameras.

Gets kudos for the scene where alien Johansson lures a Hibby to her house where his organs are harvested.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind:

8/10. Really enjoyed it.Totally destroyed me emotionally though.

Anchorman 2 - absolute hibernian 1/10

Robocop - the remake is not bad, didn't stray too far away from the original film 7/10

Robocop 3/10

Toallies. I hated to original but Gary Oldman and Sam Jackson, what could go wrong.

A point for each and another point for the Clash on the soundtrack.

If only all news reporters did the big stories the way Samuel L did in this film.

ArcticJambo

Realism ?

That would work. I was hoping for a different slant on Stockholm Syndrome but it was really just another America saves the day with big guns. Closest we got to trying to understand the other side was when Tom questions Skinny about occupational options in Somalia ... 'Surely there must be more than fishing and piracy'. 'Maybe in America'.

Chris Benoit

The Troll Hunter 9/10

Norwegian film (subtitled) about a modern day troll hunter. Much better than your typical 'found footage' film in that there's a level of (if you suspend belief) plausibility about how the story progresses and is filmed. It's not one dramatic set piece after another. Not sure on the budget but was but was impressed with the special effects.

You'll have probably guessed I loved this film and highly recommend it.

olympus has fallen 6/10 slightly better than white house down

kickass 2 - 4/10 ridiculous film, hope they dont make a 3rd one

Guest GhostHunter

The Troll Hunter 9/10

Norwegian film (subtitled) about a modern day troll hunter. Much better than your typical 'found footage' film in that there's a level of (if you suspend belief) plausibility about how the story progresses and is filmed. It's not one dramatic set piece after another. Not sure on the budget but was but was impressed with the special effects.

You'll have probably guessed I loved this film and highly recommend it.

Watched this about 5 times - brilliant film

Chris Benoit

Watched this about 5 times - brilliant film

Got it on DVD for ?2.50 absolute bargain. Have you seen the dubbed English version? Got both versions but I decided to stick to the Norwegian with subtitles.

Guest GhostHunter

Got it on DVD for ?2.50 absolute bargain. Have you seen the dubbed English version? Got both versions but I decided to stick to the Norwegian with subtitles.

Tend not to watch anything if it's dubbed English....kinda spoils the film for me

Chris Benoit

To Kill a Mockingbird 8/10

Leon : The Professional 8/10

The Dark Knight 7/10

You're not easily impressed are you? :lol:

RepublicOfMidlothian

Filth. 7.5/10. Nae bad at all. McEvoy was excellent, in fact.

Shanks said no

The Wall

2/10

Austrian / German film about, mmmmmmmm, a woman who wakes up and finds an invisible bubble has surrounded her cottage / land and she needs to learn to live in the space available to her. She befriends a cow, 2 cats and a dog. I didn't really understand what was going on.