The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Houston, we have a problem - 4/10 documentary that now feels pretty out of date, given the unconventional oil and gas boom that had happened in last few years

Shanks said no

Johnny dies at the end

2/10

I just didn't get it. Son says it was a comedy but it was just too odd for me. A freezer full of meat reforms into some sort of sausage handed monster.

rudi must stay

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Didn't enjoy it as much as Moonrise Kingdom. But it's a very quirky film with some good performances, I thought Ralph Fiennes was brilliant. Certainly an interesting film from a director that has hit some form

8/10

Chad Sexington

Drive. 8/10

Finally got around to watching this. Loved it. Great to look at, a very cool soundtrack and some shocking bursts of the old ultra-violence. :)

Gosling is one magnificent sexy basterd anaw.

:sob:

Shanks said no

One of my fave Swedish films, and Moodysson is a great director, have you seen Tillsammans (together)? Another Swedish gem is Mitt liv som Hund (my life as a dog).

Cheers to jim 747 for recommending it

Together (Tillsammans)

8/10

Excellent Swedish film (subtitles) about a commune set in 1975, made in 2000. Stars Michael Nyqvist who later came to prominence in the Dragon tattoo trilogy (the proper one). Different sort of film about a different sort of life, enjoyed it.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Shanks said no

The Way Way Back

8/10

Not what I expected at all. A deep US comedy drama. Steve Carell plays it straight with an underlying nasty streak, he can act!, Sam Rockwell was excellent too and the young guy playing the teenage lead character was superb, Liam James. He has heterochromia you know.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Fast and Furious 6

Finally up to date with these. A bit disappointing after the surprisingly decent guilty pleasure that was part 5. Actually quite boring except for the tank chase. Nice link to pt 3 after the credits, and hopefully pt 7 will be a bit better. There might even be a change in direction with it being directed by James "Saw/Insidious" Wan.

6/10

The Conjuror.

6/10

Meant to be based on a true story but to me it was a poor version of The Exorcist.

The fact that the film claims to be a true story is an insult to anyone with more than 2 brain cells. A load of utter guff made up by a pair of charlatans.

The fact that the film claims to be a true story is an insult to anyone with more than 2 brain cells. A load of utter guff made up by a pair of charlatans.

My thoughts exactly.

rudi must stay

Non Stop

Really liked the trailer when I saw it, so I went in with high hopes. They weren't dashed, as its an entertaining film. But I thought it could have done with a few more twists

6/10

Guest GhostHunter

Moreso given they are supposedly making part 2 based on the Enfield Poltergeist, when in fact, they were not involved..

Oh, and the makers of the sequel have been landed with a lawsuit by the makers of a 2013 movie called the Enfield Poltergeist..

Guest GhostHunter

Wolf Creek 2 - Tongue in cheek sequel - 6/10

Afflicted - 9/10 (dont miss this when it comes out)

Mindscape - decent thriller with Mark Strong - 7/10

The Sacrament - 7/10

Bordeaux 03

Filth - haven't read the book so can't compare but really enjoyed the film and loved the twist at the end. - 8/10

Thor 2 - pure cheese - 5/10

rudi must stay

The Life Aquatic of Steve Zizou

Artistic rubbish really, but I liked the animation and I though some of the performances were quite funny

5/10

Shanks said no

Jackass Presents : Bad Grandpa

7/10

Fell asleep at first viewing attempt but gave it another go whilst tipsy last night and really enjoyed it. OK it was the same joke dragged out and it couldn't decide if it was Jackass or a road movie/comedy. Have to say the scenes with the young girls beauty pagent were superb.

Greedy_Jambo

Parker

7/10 typical jason stathan film.

Infact 7/10 is being generous.

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

Shanks said no

Captain Phillips

7.5/10

Thought Tom Hanks was superb. Maybe I had waited too long for it to come out on Bluray but I felt a bit let down and thought it was overly long, I was probably hoping for too much.

Grave Of The Fireflies - Studio Ghibli make brilliant animated films and this is another, but not one for the kids. A pretty harrowing story of a couple of Japanese kids trying to survive after US firebombing near the end of the war. Superb film. 9/10

Dallas Buyers Club - 9/10

Brilliant film. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Wonderful performances from McConaughey and Leto. I've not seen much of the other contenders, for their respected Oscars, but from what I saw today, they were well worth the wins. Exceptional.

Delighted McConaughey has binned the romcom pish and is doing 'proper' roles. He's a super actor.

PsychocAndy

Blood and Bone 6.10

A streetfighter film about a guy who says he will look after his dying cellmate's wife and kid when he gets out of jail.

The bad guy was Alf Garnett's home help and I got it at after the end of the film where I recognised him.

Chad Sexington

The World's End. 3/10.

I like Simon Pegg and most of the other people in this movie but I thought this was fecking awful. :glare:

Shanks said no

Hell and back again

7/10

Documentary about the US Marine Corps during and after a hard tour of Afganistan. Knowing a few boys, family and friends, who have toured I was expecting the usual Grant Mitchell (can't think of his name!) type documentary of how well the good old boys did. What you get is a fly on the wall film that shows what its really like. Shambles springs to mind. More startling is the coverage of one injured soldiers return home. You do ask yourself is this real? but it shows the physical and psychological damage inflicted by war.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (remake)

8.5/10

Just finished the book so decided to have a second watch of the film. Think I enjoyed it even more than the first time. Great film, let down only a touch by a slightly rushed ending.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

John Dies At The End

Completely bonkers, but I'm not sure what someone who hadn't read the book would make of it. You could easily believe it is a cult film from the 80's, like They Live or something. Not for everyone but right up my street.

7/10

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Pacific Rim - Incredibly ******* stupid; incredibly ******* enjoyable. 8/10

Grand Budapest Hotel - Mildly amusing and enjoyable. Flows well. 7/10

Under The Skin

Strange film, looks in bits like one of the artist video 'installations' they have at the degree show, partly 60s sci fi, partly a BBC TV report on football crowds in Glasgow and partly Hollywood glamour in Scarlett Johansson. It's so slow but she's wonderful.

Shanks said no

Broken Circle Breakdown

7/10

Belgian / Dutch film, subtitles again but the music that plays such a key part to the film is bluegrass in English. Think it was nominated for the Best Foreign Language film in the 2014 Oscars. Its the story of a family of three and how the daughter, 7 years old, getting cancer affects their life. Lot of flashback and jumping about but I thought it was an excellent film, my wife did not. The bluegrass was superb and had me pricing banjos and lessons by the end of the film. Message to self - stop watching such emotional films on a Saturday night though!

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Shanks said no

Man of Steel

4/10

OK Superman film. Thought it started really well and was promising but it went on and on and descended into a good v bad supermen battle, with mucho smash it up effects. Not my cup of tea.

The book thief. 6/10. I've read the book and felt they missed out some key storylines and characters. It was good that everyone spoke with German accents though. I hate films based in nazi Germany where everyone has English and American accents.

Starred Up. 9/10 - Brutal violence and extreme language, top acting and an engrossing storyline. I've not enjoyed a film so much for an age. Superb.