The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

The Man Who Fell to Earth - It seemed ok for the first 3/4 of the film then it got weird and I stopped trying to understand it. Never really got the whole moral of the story either..if there was one. 5/10

ATM - a load of crap 3/10

rudi must stay

To the guy who thought the Hangover series were great and underrated

:rofl:

They were shite

A very biased post

Edited by rudi must stay

A very biased post

First one good on first viewing.2nd one was same as the first except different location and the jokes were old.Third one was pish except for the scene at the end which was just trying to draw you in to watch the same old shite again.

The first hangover was great at the time. Very fresh first time watching.

The second one was just a rehash but still pretty funny.

Not seen 3 yet.

I watched the first half of cloud atlas last night. Not sure if I'll watch the 2nd half.

That Awkward Moment - 3/10

I need to stop agreeing with the missus on what film we are going to see :vrface: another garbage entry into the jock romcom genre.

Edited by kirkwood69

Bullhead 7/10

Crikey that scene with the stones was a bit unpleasant.

There is quite a lot of scenes that are 'a bit unpleasant'. Its one of the most intense films I've ever watched.

RustyRightPeg

Watched 'Rush' last night, decent film, not the greatest F1 related movie I've watched, preferred 'Senna'. Never the less it was a half decent watch and made my sunday night bareable. 7/10.

Victor Mancini

The Counsellor - 6/10 a Cormac McCarthy screenplay, directed by Ridley Scott revolving around the consequences of a cocaine deal with a mexican cartel involving a lawyer, nightclub owner and his middleman, great performances from Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt, Cameron DIaz, Penelope Cruz flatters to deceive but makes up for it by looking great :pinilla: 2 hours 20 mins long, there were parts that could have been cut(a lot of the dialogue between Bardem and Fassbender) and parts that could have been elaborated on(won't give much away) but was enjoyable all the same, great cameo from Dean Norris(Hank from Breaking Bad).

also a blink and you will miss cameo from Donna Air(byker grove)

Her - Spike Jonze film about Joaquim Phoenix who falls in love with an operating system (its based ever so slightly in the future) voiced by Scarlett Johansson. It sounds terrible but I really liked it. You can see how and why it could happen and the ending is lovely. Olivia Wilde shows up in it but it completely underused and seems to be wearing clothes. Terrible waste. 7/10.

Edited by The Brow

The Lego Movie - It was actually pretty good (last 20 mins or so saw it go a bit off track, if you see it you'll figure out why), very watchable & quite funny too. Son (11) reckoned that it was better than Despicable Me 2 (I disagree). I'd say 6.5/10.

12 Years A Slave

I didn't think it was anything special. It was a difficult watch, as it looks from the trailer, but that was only due to how slow and uninteresting it was. Django's a far better movie about the same subject in my opinion

5/10

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Incredible

rudi must stay

The Armstrong Lie

An interesting watch. Armstrong's credibility takes a big knock here, not as much as some people might like. But there are positives to the story, and it was a good documentary due to being in the middle IMO

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Shanks said no

Filth

7/10

Thought it was reasonably entertaining with a few good moments. Certainly better than Sunshine on Leith!

Shanks said no

Cutie and the Boxer

2/10

Up for an Oscar in best documentary category. Maybe it was too late at night, maybe it wasn't the right film to watch straight after Filth but I didn't fight my drowsiness when I started to nod off. Another reviewer will probably tell me it really was "a powerful and poignant documentary about creativity, sacrifice, and a love that is its own unique work of art." but an old bloke, hands wrapped in paint soaked towels, punching a canvas to make a picture wasn't for me last night.

The Departed 9/10

Another film I've just got round to watching. Hated Damons character so much though that only proves he done a good job. Jack Nicholson Di Caprio and Wahlberg brilliant in this IMO. Boston accents are annoying as ****.

Shanks said no

The Selfish Giant

7.5/10

Bleak British drama about a couple of young lads who have fallen out of school, come from very poor homes and get into the scrap metal trade. Reminded me very much of Kes, you know this is going to end badly and its heartbreaking at times. I would recommend this one.

The Departed 9/10

Another film I've just got round to watching. Hated Damons character so much though that only proves he done a good job. Jack Nicholson Di Caprio and Wahlberg brilliant in this IMO. Boston accents are annoying as ****.

Need to rewatch this soon. Quality film.

Dallas Buyers Club - 8/10

Very good, with some great acting.

Shoot. I had the chance to see that the other night ... went and got drunk instead. Ahh well.

Robocop.

Do not expect the same as the eighties. Sure there are some similarities, but this version has kids in mind as they had to recoup money as the cost went up.

More of his family in this one, he does shoot humans, but its not graphic, and in its own right it deserves an 7/10.

Big thumbs up to Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton for delivering good performances, Samuel Jackson as solid as ever.

The original wins it, nothing like a baddy melting after an acid bath :jj:

Shanks said no

The Man Inside (2012)

2/10

British thriller, based around black gang culture supposedly with a boxing slant. We found the dialogue very difficult to follow, watched to the end but a waste of 90 odd minutes.

rudi must stay

Insomnia

First time i've watched it and really concentrated. It maybe doesn't have as much as Nolan's other films, but watching it it's easy to see why Pacino is considered a legend. Well worth downloading or buying

8/10

Dallas Buyers Club - very good drama with McConaughey and Leto superb. 8/10

You've Been Trumped - doc about Trump's golf course up in Oberdeen. What a **** he is. 7/10

Dirty Wars - doc that's up for an Oscar this year about US covert ops. Good but depressing with some awful footage of the US murdering women and children. 7/10

Good Vibrations - film about Terri Hooley who was involved in the Belfast punk scene and released Teenage Kicks. Very enjoyable. 7/10

Rudolf's Mate

Lego - The Movie 7/10 very amusing with lots of good jokes.

Be prepared for a crazy manic film which most kids will love but may leave you feeling exhausted.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Shanks said no

The Gatekeepers

8/10

Another one up for an Oscar in best documentary category. Real thought provoking film about Shin Bet (Israeli secret service) in which 6 former heads of the service discuss the last 40 or so years for the 1st time. Fascinating insight into a subject I only had a sprinkling of knowledge about. Bus 300 and the Temple of the Mount planned bombing were highlights for me. In Hebrew with subtitles.

Shanks said no

Eden

7/10

Story of a Korean / American girl abducted into a life of do human (sexual) slavery and drug trafficking. Probably a few years ago I would have thought it far fetched but in the wake of Fritzel and others like him it had a certain realism to it. Actually turned out to be a half decent film about an unusual subject.

Eden

7/10

Probably a few years ago I would have thought it far fetched but in the wake of Fritzel and others like him it had a certain realism to it.

It had a certain realism to it as it was based on a true story of a girl called Chong Kim.

Watched filth at the weekend, thought it was a great, haven't read the book but the film is dark and funny, would recommend it, even though he's made the main character a scumbag

Shanks said no

It had a certain realism to it as it was based on a true story of a girl called Chong Kim.

Cheers Ray Gin, I hadn't realised that!, the story was told really well and led you into a pretty horrific world without over dramatising it.

Cheers Ray Gin, I hadn't realised that!, the story was told really well and led you into a pretty horrific world without over dramatising it.

Yeah it was pretty bleak. Check "Lilya 4-ever" for a similar story.