The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Just remembered seeing a trailer for what looks like an absolute abomination of a movie at the cinema last night.

MRS. BROWN'S BOYS THE MOVIE

:cornette: x 1,000,000

Why...just why

Prince Buaben

Just remembered seeing a trailer for what looks like an absolute abomination of a movie at the cinema last night.

MRS. BROWN'S BOYS THE MOVIE

:cornette: x 1,000,000

Why...just why

Burd wants to see this on Wednesday.

the heat - no score as i turned it off after 20 mins it was awful, i could feel myself getting stupider

You didnt miss much. I watched it yesterday. :sob:

We're the Millers 6/10

Heat 2/10

Sterling Archer

Watched quite a bit over the weekend:

Bad Neighbours 6/10 - Exactly what I expected, enough laughs even if most of them were spoiled in the trailer.

Pitch Perfect 7 / 10 - I enjoyed it, not sure what that makes me...

This is the End 5/10 - Not half as funny as they obviously thought it was.

Hard Candy - 7 / 10 - That castration scene :sob:

Prince Buaben

Were you singing along?

i was :sob:

Prince Buaben

Dull yin. Looks like it might somehow be even worse than the TV series.

:sob:

Sterling Archer

Were you singing along?

i was :sob:

No but I really want to learn that cup thing.

You'll be pleased to hear they're doing a Pitch Perfect 2.

ArcticJambo

Full Metal Jacket - 8.5/10

Has to be 20 years since I last saw this, and it's still a great film. Littered with great moments, including this scene. :D

2LiveCrew - you know the one.

A couple from the film festival...

A Dangerous Game - follow up to You've Been Trumped. Good doc but more of a global view on the damage golf course developments cause. Very interesting but let down a little by credits that seemed out of place and more of a mawkish tone than it's predecessor. 7/10

Snowpiercer - very good dystopian thriller based on a French graphic novel, directed by a good Korean director with an international cast (Chris Evans, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton etc). Well worth watching if it gets a full release (did very well in Korea when released last year). 8/10

Edited by Zico

Sunshine in Leith (I hang my head in shame). It was pretty bad but Edinburgh looked just lovely. 4/10.

What Maisie knew. 7/10. As someone in their 30's who's parents are still together I have no idea what it would be like to be a little kid and in the middle of their parents separation, their parents new relationships etc. Really well acted and now I'm feeling all melancholy.

Chester™

Mrs Chester and I did a Hannibal double last night:

Red Dragon - 8/10.

I really do like this film. Big fan of Edward Norton, who I think sometimes, does not get the credit for how good an actor he is. Obviously Hopkins is excellent as is Fiennes and Watson. Keitel's bit more than a cameo is superb as well.

In many ways I prefer it to Silence of the Lambs, though its hard to describe why.

Silence of the Lambs 8/10:

Though I think I prefer Red Dragon, it really is a superb film. Brilliant acting, tension and storyline. The dark builds from the beginning until the end and as someone fascinated with Serial Killers, its interesting how Lecter and Buffalo Bill resemble certain 'famous' ones.

The only problem I have with it, is that Jay and Silent Bob have ruined a bit of it for me. :lol:

Shanks said no

Don John

2/10

Rubbish, I'm not PC at all but who would make a film about a guy who is obsessed with winking(sp). Only got an extra point for Scarlett in the red dress at the nightcub

Shanks said no

Jobs

7/10

Steve Jobs biopic that I caught by chance on the plane. Silly wee screen and rubbish sound but felt it was an interesting portrayal of the man. It didn't make him out to be mr perfect which was refreshing.

Rudolf's Mate

Bad Neighbors 8/10 Really enjoyed it.

The Internship 7/10 Good, worth the watch.

The Heat - 1/10 Mrs parents told us to watch it. 10 mins in we realised we'd already attempted to watch it and turned it off again. It only got 1 because I've got a thing for Sandra :)

Don Draper

Pompeii. 5/10.

This has had terrible reviews, and it is indeed formulaic, cheesy and camp, but once I put my brain in my pocket I didn't actually think it was as awful as billed.

rudi must stay

Under The Skin

The slowest, and dullest film ever made. Scarlett Johanssen was good in it though

5/10

Edited by rudi must stay

ArcticJambo

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (IMAX 3D) - 7.5/10

Can't really go wrong with this experience.

Watched the hunger games last night. A 5/10.. Biggest problem was that there was no perl for the lead characters. She was never an underdog and you always knew she would win.

Other biggest problem is that I've seen battle royal and think that is a great movie.

I will say that Jennifer Lawrence can act though.

3 days to kill - 4/10 the 4 is just for the bird. Actual film is p1sh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Buaben

So actually went to see Mrs Browns Boys film last night...

It was better than i thought.

Shanks said no

The World's End

2/10

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost disappoint again in the last of the Cornetto trilogy. 5 middle aged blokes go on a pub crawl and encounter the new residents of Lechtworth, New Haven. After the brilliant Shane of the dead, good Hot Fuzz, this was rubbish.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story

8/10

Part of the Storyville series of documentaries on BBC. While it goes over some of the same ground the excellent 'The Armstrong Lie' did, this was more of a kick in the balls to Lance. Brilliantly covered with no narration, it let those closest involved (minus the big cheating b******) tell their story a bit better than in Gibney's version, for example, there was more of Walsh and Kimmage.

A very enjoyable watch and worth a deek on I-Player if you missed it.:)

Shanks said no

Senna

10/10

Even though I've got the DVD I watched it again on ITV3/4 last night. The only film that I cry on cue every single time! when the plane lands back in Brazil and the motorcade drives through the crowds, every single bloody time I greet. Best sports documentary I have ever viewed.

Watched the latest Resident Evil film in 3D - personally loved it 8/10 you cant beat a bit of Zombie killing action.

...a bit disco

Need For Speed

Not very good but It is what it is I suppose.

4/10

Rust and bone. 8/10.

A very watchable drama that wanders off-track a wee bit towards the end.

Enough Said. 9/10.

Like - I'd assume - a lot of folk on here, I don't tend to actively seek out rom-coms. I'm forced to watch the odd one by the wife, and they are generally pretty abysmal.

This, though, was very different. It's funny and charming, the dialogue is natural and believable, and James Gandolfini (his last role, I think) and Julia Louis Dreyfus are both excellent in it.

Sterling Archer

Dirty Wars 8 / 10

A pretty shocking documentary looking at covert Ops carried out by the US.

Definitely worth a watch

Need For Speed

Not very good but It is what it is I suppose.

4/10

Thanks for that was going to download it, but think I'll no bother now.

Non Stop with Liam Neeson. 5/10

Just watched this and it's one of those films that the script is so flimsy that you are convinced you have seen it before.

The Raid 2 10/10

Outstanding roll on the next one Gareth Evans is the king of action movies now.

Tommy Wiseau

Side Effects

9/10

Excellent film. Catherine Zeta Jones can't half play a bitch :lol:

I watched Donnie Brasco the other night - not seen it in years. Absolute classic - 9/10