The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Starred Up - 8/10. Really enjoyed it apart from how it ended. Seemed to be a bit of a sub plot building then it just vanished.

Class Of '92 - good documentary which should appeal to anyone who likes football. Loses a point for having Tony Blair in it. 7/10

Gravity - Sandra Bullock 'finds herself' while Dode Clooney does his best Rat Pack impression while dressed as Buzz Lightyear. Visually stunning and wonderfully shot but let down by a dull story and characters. 6/10

Stewart MacD

"Noah" was absolute shoite, made bearable by the cinema club senior members' free morning tea beforehand. I usually want more dialogue than special effects in these overblown Hollywood thingys, but the dialogue was leaden, especially Crowe's and the effects seemed at tikmes amateurish.

Last week I was surprisingly pleased with Non-Stop - thought it would be just another ?ber-violent Liam neeson 'B' grader, butn it was a class above that. Tight scripting and good effects ) (implausible plot regardless - it's a story FFS!)

Last month - the film I'd been waiting for all year - The Wind Rises. Just brilliant. We had both the dubbed and subtitled versions available and I chose subtitled. Not keen on dubbing, although British names in the cast made it more attractive than the usual.

"Noah" was absolute shoite, made bearable by the cinema club senior members' free morning tea beforehand. I usually want more dialogue than special effects in these overblown Hollywood thingys, but the dialogue was leaden, especially Crowe's and the effects seemed at tikmes amateurish.

Last week I was surprisingly pleased with Non-Stop - thought it would be just another ?ber-violent Liam neeson 'B' grader, butn it was a class above that. Tight scripting and good effects ) (implausible plot regardless - it's a story FFS!)

Last month - the film I'd been waiting for all year - The Wind Rises. Just brilliant. We had both the dubbed and subtitled versions available and I chose subtitled. Not keen on dubbing, although British names in the cast made it more attractive than the usual.

Harsh, after all its based on a true story....:lol:

Captain America 2 - 9/10.

Fantastic addition to the marvel universe. Fight scenes are well done, and it points to Avengers 3.

We need to talk about Kevin, 7/10. Rather chilling and disturbing film. Not an advert for happy families anyway

robocop the new one - 3/10 dragged on badly lack of action and there was no need for samuel l jacksons character

Mysterious Skin. Pretty dark film about two eight year old boys who were abused by their baseball coach and the paths their lives followed. Disturbing subject but really well acted. 8/10. I wouldn't want to watch it again though.

invernessjt
Mysterious Skin. Pretty dark film about two eight year old boys who were abused by their baseball coach and the paths their lives followed. Disturbing subject but really well acted. 8/10. I wouldn't want to watch it again though.
Just watched this after reading your review and it's possibly the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching a film. Brilliantly acted and definately worth watching, but, sheeeeeitt......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gregory House M.D.

Anchorman 2: 4/10

Terrible. Just terrible. Steve Carrell a diamond in a river of shite. 3 points for him and 1 for the ridiculous amount of cameos in the scrap.

Just watched this after reading your review and it's possibly the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching a film. Brilliantly acted and definately worth watching, but, sheeeeeitt......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very difficult viewing but so well acted. I though Joseph Gordon Levitt was brilliant.

Shanks said no

Promised Land

7/10

Matt Damon film about fracking. Quite an interesting and intelligent film, I enjoyed this one.

Shanks said no

One Chance

5/10

OK story of the bloke who won the first Britains got talent, Paul Potts. Would describe it as a wet sunday afternoon sofa movie.

Shanks said no

Saving Mr Banks

3/10

Disappointed because I really wanted to like it, with Emma Thomson and Tom Hanks it should have been better. But I felt I did't really care and knew what the end result was going to be anyway.

Shanks said no

The Butler

8/10

Loved Forest Whitaker since the Crying Game, he was superb as the poor kid who finds his way into being a White House butler in the 50's. He then takes us on an emotional journey through to the Reagan years. Only thing that spoilt it for me was Oprah, felt her role should have been more subdued, it wasn't the Butlers Wife.

Gregory House M.D.

Zodiac: 8/10

Really liked this. Very well acted by Gyllenhaal. Anyone into True Crime movies should watch this if they haven't already.

Bad Johnson. 1/10

Well what can I say.....The story is about a womaniser that can't be faithful....then one night he wakes up and has no dick.

It has turned into a human and phones him to be picked up as its naked in town after wandering off on its own.

A buddy buddy psycho movie of a man and his welt.

The 1 point is for the first 15mins before the manhood bolted.

Just :cornette:

Locke 7/10 - About this bloke who's world falls apart (no seriously), the entire film shot on one mans journey on a motorway. Unusual and enjoyable.

rudi must stay

Chopper

Really interesting, quirky little movie. Well worth watching for Eric Bana's performance

8/10

Shanks said no

Dom Hemingway

8/10

Knew very little about this before switching on, other than it starred Jude Law and Richard E Grant. What i got was a cracking wee British crime drama. Law is great as the mental safecracker who is one of those men who should never drink whisky. His performance reminded me a bit of Pierce Brosnan in the Matador. Sound track well chosen too.

ThisHeartsStillBeating

God Bless America - 7/10

Quite enjoyed this. A really good social commentary on the celebrity obsessed culture of today, mainly reality TV. One guy finally snaps and goes on a bit of a killing spree. Some really outstanding rants throughout it that will appeal to folk.

rudi must stay

Oldboy

The new version with Josh Brolin. Really liked it, a very entertaining watch, with a decent performance from Brolin, I don't think he's at his absolute best but still he's convincing. Couldn't recommend it enough, plenty of great actors appearing and strolling it. There are some issues with the plot that I had, but I think you have to give the director credit for creating a very disturbing world

10/10

Shanks said no

About Time

6/10

A Richard Curtis film so you know what to expect. Bill Nighy superb as ever and I enjoyed the time travel, a bit Butterfly Effect but with a few good twists. It is however a girls film, too lovey dovey, but the mrs like it.

Shanks said no

The Family

5/10

RDN has an easy life these days, he just plays a characterture(sp) of his former roles. Strolls through the film playing out Goodfellas and adds a Sopranos turn. Disappointing stuff.

Kick Ass 2.

A bit shit.

Has gore for the sake of gore where it isn't really needed. Just feels out of place when done too much.

Shanks said no

Skinning

7/10

Serbian film with exceptionally bad dubbing into English, film cost ?500k to make. Based in Belgrade about the supporters of FK Rad although they spraypaint FK Radnik who some searching shows up as a Bosnian team. Anyway good boy turns bad and joins the local skinhead firm. Violent and right wing politics follow.

The underlying message of firms being used for political purposes hit me tonight, 24 hours later, when almost identical scenes were screened of masked youths attacking property in the Ukraine.

The Raid 2

8/10

I never thought I'd see a film out-do "I Saw the Devil" in the brutal violence stakes, but this managed it. An exhilarating martial arts fight-fest, not one for the feint-hearted.

Edited by Ray Gin

Guest GhostHunter

Devil's Due...now, I'm a fan of found footage/POV and I've pretty much seen them all, and given this was a big budget production had high hopes for it.

That was my first mistake - the second was watching it.

Abysmal - 80 mins of build up story and then 7 mins of action.

3/10

Afflicted - 10/10

Calvary - good comedy drama from the director of The Guard. Brendan Gleeson is great in the main role as a priest who has one of his flock tell him in confession that he's going to kill him. Good turns from Dylan Moran and Chris O'Dowd but I felt some of the drama aspects, especially with his daughter, didn't really work. 7/10

The Raid 7/10

A great film with plenty of action. Just a shame I cant multi-task. Reading subtitles & watching proved difficult

Shanks said no

Kick Ass 2

4/10

I wasn't expecting too much having read others reviews so I wasn't too disappointed.

Always thought Super (especially Boltie) was better than Kick Ass and kick ass is better than KA 2.

Desolation of Smaug 8/10 I liked it but I loved the books and Lotr films. the end wanted me wanting more.

rudi must stay

Locke

You expect things from a film with Tom Hardy, and he certainly delivers here. An unbeliable performance, and a very slick movie

8/10