The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

PsychocAndy

Need for Speed 7/10

I liked it but I've not played or even seen the video game it comes from.

Starred Up. 9/10 - Brutal violence and extreme language, top acting and an engrossing storyline. I've not enjoyed a film so much for an age. Superb.

Saw a trailer for that last week. Looked pretty decent.

The World's End. 3/10.

I like Simon Pegg and most of the other people in this movie but I thought this was fecking awful. :glare:

Watched that a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty shit myself. Even after a promising start. :down:

The World's End. 3/10.

I like Simon Pegg and most of the other people in this movie but I thought this was fecking awful. :glare:

Watched that a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty shit myself. Even after a promising start. :down:

rudi must stay

Goal 2

I think there is a good idea in there. But it would have been better if he'd stayed at Newcastle. It epitomises whats bad about football and not good. Shame for the money they poured into all the films

5/10

GrimUpNorth

Bullhead 7/10, maybe even an 8. Very good I thought. One very disturbing scene, and the lead actor is superb.

Muscle Shoals 8/10 this wax excellent, as you can imagine the soundtrack throughout is worth it alone. Currently on the bbc iplayer.

Just watched Rush the Ron Howard film about F1 rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda. Thought it was pretty good and a must see for any F1 fan. 8/10.

Shanks said no

Hunger Games : Catching Fire

5/10

Disappointing and too long. One of the last chances to PSH, book was far beeter and I almost read it in less time!

The Man Who Wasn't There - one of the few Coen films I hadn't seen and yet another classy film. One of their genre numbers (40s noir in this case) but they do them so well. 8/10

Shanks said no

Hunger Games : Catching Fire

5/10

Disappointing and too long. One of the last chances to PSH, book was far beeter and I almost read it in less time!

I was sober when I wrote this! .....Its one of your last chances to see P.S.H. , book was better....

Shanks said no

Frances Ha

2/10

Meant to be a comedy about a 20 something who realises her life is going nowhere. Shot in black and white, didn't laugh in first 30 minutes so I fell asleep and will not be watching the rest. If I missed the funny bits then so be it.

Rudolf's Mate

47 Ronin - 7/10 Quite enjoyed it though they probably could have got someone a bit more suited for the role than Reeve's.

Dallas Buyers Club. 8/10

Terrific performances from McConaughy and Leto

Thought about watching this last night went for drive instead, wasn't disappointed... I'll be back on with a score soon. Everyone going for 8s in this so looking forward to it.

Shanks said no

Pacific Rim

4/10

Not my cup of tea but better than I expected as long as you don't take it seriously.

Shanks said no

Blue is the warmest colour

8/10

Very French (subtitles) and very long (3 hours) and quite explicit. A teenage girl attempting to come to terms with her sexuality. Not one to watch with the family (the lesbian sex scene lasted 7 minutes according to the BBC review) but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Rush - was looking forward to this but thought it was pretty dull, full of cliches and poorly directed. Disappointing. 5/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Brilliant film, up there with Avengers in scale. Fight choreography is amazing.

Shanks said no

Enders Game

3/10

One for the sub 20's I suppose, one of those computer game/simulation films suited to a younger audience

Under The Skin - weird but wonderful. Hollywood superstar drives around Scotland in a transit van encountering weegie bams! Think it's probably an acquired taste but I thought it was really good with stunning visuals and great sound. 8/10

rossthejambo

Moneyball - 8/10 - not a fan of baseball but really enjoyed it.

Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill with really good performances as well.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Primer

Some guys accidentally make a sort of time machine in their garage. Moral quandaries ensue. Really good film that will probably justify repeat watching, as what little explanation there is opens up more intriguing questions. Incredibly the budget was only $7k; apart from the amateurish opening scenes it really doesn't look or sound it. Recommended.

8/10

Lone Survivor

8/10

Pretty sure there must have been a fair bit of "creative liberty" taken with the true story, but a very enjoyable watch.

World War Z 8/10

Really enjoyed it.I went into it with fairly low expectations as had been told it was pretty shite and I had never read the books so could not be let down that way either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

13 Sins (2014)

Interesting gory play-the-game horror/chiller with Ron Perlman.

6/10

Guest GhostHunter

Pursuit of a Legend - found footage bigfoot movie. Pretty decent.

If you like bigfoots and found footage that is ..

7/10

Trade of innocents. It's about child sex slaves and trafficking and could have been really emotive but it was quite disappointing. 5/10.

Pursuit of a Legend - found footage bigfoot movie. Pretty decent.

If you like bigfoots and found footage that is ..

7/10

Did you happen to see Storyville, on the subject of Bigfoot, last week?

When I've time, I'll put up a review.

Guest GhostHunter

Did you happen to see Storyville, on the subject of Bigfoot, last week?

When I've time, I'll put up a review.

I did - and had done a lot of research into it before seeing it over the weekend.

Rick Dyer has come out (only on Saturday) and admitted the body in the trailer tour is a hoax, and has since disappeared...Morgan Matthews was either complicit in the "mockumentary" to hoax people, or, is currently doing damage control to distance himself from Rick Dyer...personally - I go with the former - he needed an ending for the documentary, so what better way.

Whatever - it was a brilliant watch, thoroughly recommended, just go in with an open mind

:D

8/10