The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

4 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Went to see that last week with my son and we both enjoyed it. 

Yes it was good . Only marred by the ludicrous casting of a black actor as Max Mallowan , Agatha Christie’s husband ! Here’s a pic of Mr Mallowan 

1F916425-F9B0-404F-9C75-4647C1FF035F.webp

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it was good . Only marred by the ludicrous casting of a black actor as Max Mallowan , Agatha Christie’s husband ! Here’s a pic of Mr Mallowan 

1F916425-F9B0-404F-9C75-4647C1FF035F.webp

😀

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

😀

I couldn’t believe it . Im

a big Christie fan so obviously noticed it . I know there needs to be more visability for black actors on screen but in this way ? 😂😂

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I couldn’t believe it . Im

a big Christie fan so obviously noticed it . I know there needs to be more visability for black actors on screen but in this way ? 😂😂

My ignorance of this is pretty evident. It didnt spoil the film for us. Can I imagine it would for AC fans though

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My ignorance of this is pretty evident. It didnt spoil the film for us. Can I imagine it would for AC fans though

Actually it’s an interesting point . It didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the film really , I just perplexed by the casting , that’s all . I thought Soarise Ronan was outstanding and Sam Rockwell . Great chemistry between them 

Vendetta, 2013,  Danny Dyer stars, A special ops officer, his mum and dad are killed by a gang and he goes after them, 8/10, good film but gory at times.

On 02/09/2022 at 21:48, Shanks said no said:

Loving Adults (Netflix)

9/10

High score but a very good twisty turny murder drama. Rare example of a film that makes you really think. My only slight criticism was the dubbing into English as its a Danish film but you get over it.

I started watching it and couldn't get over it. I don't know why they can't just subtitle it. The dubbing just ruins it. 

On 19/09/2022 at 14:47, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Watched “I came by” on Netflix last night, thought it was gripping stuff. 9/10

His performance is really good. I liked the mum too however I wish I hadn't rooted for her as much. 😬

14 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I started watching it and couldn't get over it. I don't know why they can't just subtitle it. The dubbing just ruins it. 

They did subtitle it, thats how I watched it. Just go in to the audio settings on Netflix.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They did subtitle it, thats how I watched it. Just go in to the audio settings on Netflix.

Glad I moaned about it now 👍

On 25/09/2022 at 17:50, the posh bit said:

His performance is really good. I liked the mum too however I wish I hadn't rooted for her as much. 😬

Really liked Kelly McDonald. Not so keen on this film though, didn’t seem like there was much depth to it at all

The Duke.

In 1961, a 60-year-old taxi driver steals Goya's portrait of the Duke of Wellington from the National Gallery in London. He sends ransom notes saying that he will return the painting if the government invests more in care for the elderly.

The usual British movie starring Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren.

Well done and great performances from the above two.

7/10.

I just went to start watching Blonde on Netflix, the biopic of Marilyn Monroe. 
Sod that, it’s 2h 45m long! I’ll save it for a night when I remember to start watching it at an earlier hour. 

Disser Pointon

Ticket to Paradise - thought this would please the missus and I quite like Clooney but what an absolute pile of cack, hardly a laugh in it. 1/10

Edited by Disser Pointon

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Ticket to Paradise - thought this would please the missus and I quite like Clooney but what an absolute pile of cack, hardly a laugh in it. 1/10

The trailer looks awful. I have an Odeon Limitless and will watch almost anything but I won't watch that.

Blonde.

I really enjoyed it.

Baffles me that people are in uproar about this movie but ok not being pi**ed off at that Jeffrey Dahmer Netflix show and will happily be proud and happy at watching that.

The actress that plays Monroe has a few excellent movies out highly recommend watching them.

If there wasn't so much use of her saying "daddy" to every male in the film it would be a 9/10.

8/10

On 12/09/2022 at 06:50, milky_26 said:

They really need to introduce kang to get them back on track

Take it you've not seen the new Avengers teaser for 2024...?

Harry Potter

King Of Thieves, 2018, Netflix, based on the Hatton Garden safe deposit burglary, starring

Michael Caine, Jim Broadbent, Ray Winstone and Paul Whitehouse,  very good, 8/10.

The Batman. Don’t get the hype for this at all. One paced all the way through with no variety of mood in it either. The Bruce Wayne parts are awful as well with him portrayed as some sort of depressed goth. And as is often the case now it’s way too long. 

Disser Pointon
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

The Batman. Don’t get the hype for this at all. One paced all the way through with no variety of mood in it either. The Bruce Wayne parts are awful as well with him portrayed as some sort of depressed goth. And as is often the case now it’s way too long. 

I turned it off, turgid style over substance.

On 02/10/2022 at 03:11, Tazio said:

Probably why they are not going ahead with the 2 planned sequels.

On 01/10/2022 at 23:34, Lovecraft said:

Bullet Train

Absolute movie trash.

8.5/10

Sandra Bullock's face.

giphy.gif

I enjoyed it, tho I missed the end.

Watched Bullet Train at the weekend with pretty low expectations. Was pleasantly surprised. Some comedy gold and Joey King is eye candy of the highest order. 8/10

Also watched The Greatest Beer Run Ever with Zac Efron , pretty entertaining non fiction about a guy going to Vietnam to bring his friends a beer in a warzone. Watchable 6.5/10

Help. 

Netflix

Jodie Comer and Steven Graham. 

About a care home in the Liverpool area struggling to cope at the start of the covid pandemic.

Both excellent performances.
Jodie as the new carer and Steven playing a guy with early on-set dementia in a retirement home where she works. 
The overall message about the shocking way the government treated care homes during the pandemic. 

A lot better than it sounds.
Excellent.
8.5/10. 

58 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Hellraiser remake,6/10

expected more from this reboot of the original, not as mental as the first one either

Where did you see this?

23 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

It’s on Hulu but I caught it on a site and chromecasted it

I seen it was on Hulu but not in the UK.

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Don’t worry ur not missing that much

😅 Hellraiser is one of my favourite films, it's getting to me that's Hellraiser 2022 is available and I cant see it.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅 Hellraiser is one of my favourite films, it's getting to me that's Hellraiser 2022 is available and I cant see it.

There’s a film called barbarian I’m desperate to see, just since you and I have been commenting on classic horror films such as hellraiser

57 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Into the Wild.

Life is a better place after watching it.

Great film with a decent soundtrack by Eddie Vedder.