The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

What was the change?

In the comic....

Hit Girl gets caught by the cops and it's much more climactic ending than in the film. Also in the original Big Daddy isn't really a cop just a fantasist comic book geek who funds it all by selling rare comics. Hit Girl does live with the cop though as he's married to her mum who isn't dead so the story is the same

The Conjuring 4/10

Horror about a spooky house, claiming to be "Based on a true story".

:cornette:

Is it ****. Demonologists. :vrface:

Probably worth a watch if you're a horror fan and believe in ghosts, I guess.

Dagger Is Back

White House Down 6/10

Not one for the intellectuals, hence why I was watching it, but an entertaining enough tale of the all American hero who saves us all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

In the comic....

Hit Girl gets caught by the cops and it's much more climactic ending than in the film. Also in the original Big Daddy isn't really a cop just a fantasist comic book geek who funds it all by selling rare comics. Hit Girl does live with the cop though as he's married to her mum who isn't dead so the story is the same

That would have worked better. Quite a lot changed.

That would have worked better. Quite a lot changed.

I think the changes to the first comics worked better but the changes in 2 not so much. The big fight at the end was on the streets of New York which would've looked far more epic coupled with the cops pursuit of Hit Girl would've made it an 8 or a 9 out of 10 for me.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Watched: 'Machette' for the umpteenth time the night before last.

10/10

Love this movie. Has absolutely everything in it. Ridiculous, and entertaining in equal measures. :lol:

The Hobbit 2 5/10

Compared to the other Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings films the last half of this film is good, but not worth wading through all the shite to get there.

Shanks said no

Pain and Gain 8/10 Way better than I thought, 3 of the stupidest criminal bodybuilders the world has ever known get into things that they can't handle and the more they dig the deeper they go. Extra point for Rebel Wilson as the penis doctors assistant.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Shanks said no

The Reluctant Fundamentalist 8/10 Intelligent US film about a smart Pakistani executive and how his life changes after 911. You aren't quite sure where the film is going to take you and it kept us interested throughout.

Rush 8/10.

Really enjoyed it, I was seven when the F1 76' season was fought out and remember reports vaguely in the news.

Must have been a nightmare racing in shite conditions at that time.

The Reluctant Fundamentalist 8/10 Intelligent US film about a smart Pakistani executive and how his life changes after 911. You aren't quite sure where the film is going to take you and it kept us interested throughout.

I read this book and enjoyed it. I didn't even know they'd made a film, I'll check it out for sure.

Victor Mancini

American Hustle 4/10

hugely disappointing film, Bale is great in it as is Jeremy Renner but the story is boring and drags on for over 2 hours

rudi must stay

Moonrise Kingdom

I'm not a fan at all of Wes Anderson's films, way too eccentric for me. But this one works, mainly due to the comedy actually being funny. His best movie by a long way for me

8/10

rudi must stay

American Hustle

Takes a while to get going, but when it does its a good watch. I was expecting something special, which it isn't, but there's some great scenes and a truelly brilliant soundtrack

7/10

Rudolf's Mate

I read this book and enjoyed it. I didn't even know they'd made a film, I'll check it out for sure.

I also give it about an 8. Really well done and has you guessing all the way through.

Rush - 8/10 Really enjoyed it and as I was 3 in 76 I had no idea this had occurred. Some of the things Lauda goes through :wow:

Slumdog Millionaire 7/10

Not sure why it took me so long to get around to watching this. Good story.

V for Vendetta 7/10, as above.

Edited by Ray Gin

Tommy Wiseau

The rum diary 5/10. I much preferred the book.

The book is a bit of a mess, but you're right, the film is all over the shop in comparison. Turning Aaron Eckhart into a composite character and trying to make the main narrative the love story are both huge mistakes.

Watched a few over the holidays.

Day of the Jackal - 9/10 Great film.

French Connection - first time I've seen it 8/10

The Medusa Touch - Brilliant, if somewhat "hammy". 8/10

Prometheus - Really enjoyed it. 8/10

Rush 7.5/10

not about Ian but about the 1976 F1 season.

I was 11/12 then and knew the result but I had forgotten about the early season going ons and it is a highly enjoyable film.

Olympus Has Fallen.

6/10.

Decent flick, but stunning they passed off a North Korean terrorist cell being more well equipped and organised than the US secret service.

Shanks said no

Everyday 4/10 A slow burner, Brit flick about a family coping with life as the dad serves a 4 year stretch. Stars John Simm and Shirley Henderson (wedding belles). Felt like a 70s play for today. Hated the end.

Victor Mancini

12 years a slave - 8/10 great story and solid performances from the entire cast

12 years a slave - 7/10. Very good watch, and no doubt an important film. Some hard to watch scenes and Fassbender is superb, has to be at the very least nominated for an Oscar as best supporting actor.

The Berlin File 7.5/10

South Korean file about a North Korean spy being betrayed by family in with Kim Jong Un. Set in Berlin funnily enough.

Shanks said no

Paradise : Love 9/10 A rare film that completely threw me. Its the first film in a trilogy by Austrian Director Ulrich Seidl and yes I'm back watching foreign films. This is a film about overweight Austrian women who go to Kenya for sex with the locals. It does not hold back is an honest portrayal from both sides. I was backing the local busters to take these bitches for every penny they had. Got a bonus point for the jambo songs.

Shanks said no

Grown ups 2 3/10 Waste of a lot of US talent, kept with it till the end but summed with the burp + fart joke which 10-14 year olds might appreciate.