Golf Game

jamborich

I'm beginning to like this now I realise that there are worse players than myself :D

Moz, I know what you mean about taking over your life mate, I'm trying to play it when Linda's out to save grief :whistling:

Just do what I do John and tell her she looks tired and she should a early night. teehee.gif

Just played and hit a 79 although I missed some amount of putts. Also call me paranoid but has anyone else noticed when you land one right at the pin it roles on for miles but land it on the green miles away from the hole and it stops dead ? angry.gif

The guy that is winning must have spend about ?30 on his clubs, not really in the spirit of things.

The Old Tolbooth

Just do what I do John and tell her she looks tired and she should a early night. teehee.gif

Just played and hit a 79 although I missed some amount of putts. Also call me paranoid but has anyone else noticed when you land one right at the pin it roles on for miles but land it on the green miles away from the hole and it stops dead ? angry.gif

The guy that is winning must have spend about ?30 on his clubs, not really in the spirit of things.

Can we boot the intruders from the club? Amateurs only :lol:

ArmiyaRomanova

Is the next Tournament goin to be at Kiawah Island, just so I know so I can master that course now!

Ah, now that would be telling..... :P

Went to play and it says I am no longer a member of Kickbackers :verymad:

Have I been booted out already?! Anyway, asked for another invite :thumbsup:

depends, did you spend 30 quid on clubs?

Absolute horror show in the all important first tournament. 86 I think, green were too slow is the excuse I'm going with :lol:

depends, did you spend 30 quid on clubs?

We clearly don't know each other - I wouldn't spend money on real clubs, never mind virtual ones :teehee:

ArmiyaRomanova

Sent another.

I've absolutely no idea what happened there....

In the middle of playing with a guy from the US and another from Uruguay, alot more pressure when your playin with other people!

In the middle of playing with a guy from the US and another from Uruguay, alot more pressure when your playin with other people!

Well that was a waste, the guy from the US couldnt put his ball on the 2nd hole so took out his driver on the green, smacked the ball away and quit. :lol:

ArmiyaRomanova

Announcing, as the St Andrews Tournament draws to a close tomorrow, a new Challenge

Kickback Whackabout....

A closest-to-the-hole challenge on Bali Hai (thought we could all do with seeing the sun, even if only on a computer screen).

Unlimited attempts over 48 hours to get the lowest score you can....

But be careful, winds are heavy and the greens very fast. Could be a nightmare in paradise.

Good luck!

I am down as Bred85 as The Brow was already taken. Some folk want to be me....

Gonna spend tonight having a swedge. MIght even watch the videos on how to play, although thats borderline cheating!

Its bloody addictive though. Great game.

jambopompey

just done my round 84 which is a lot better than my 113 practice round.

13th and 18 hole cost me a few extra shots

jambopompey

Announcing, as the St Andrews Tournament draws to a close tomorrow, a new Challenge

Kickback Whackabout....

A closest-to-the-hole challenge on Bali Hai (thought we could all do with seeing the sun, even if only on a computer screen).

But be careful, winds are heavy and the greens very fast. Could be a nightmare in paradise.

Good luck!

don't forget some water hazzards.

Kickback Whackabout....

Good luck!

Didn't seem that hard to me.. I've taken the early lead!

Only missed 2 greens,

ArmiyaRomanova

First news from the Whackabout challenge, where Bigsmak's already put up a potentially unbeatable score....

1 Bigsmak 253.90

2 ayeball 343.08

3 jambopompey 579.68

4 graygo 682.47

5 sosweb 733.84

Didn't seem that hard to me.. I've taken the early lead!

Only missed 2 greens,

WTF!!! 2 holes where even nailing the damn thing doesn't get me within 100 yds of the green. :down:

Might have to have a sneaky peak at the tutorials. :whistling:

WTF!!! 2 holes where even nailing the damn thing doesn't get me within 100 yds of the green. :down:

Might have to have a sneaky peak at the tutorials. :whistling:

I might have a little advantage as I play a lot of golf and understand the wind and hight above / below the ball measurements. i also tend never to use the club that it starts out on.

advice or plying 18 holes... don't use your driver that often... think about where you want to play your next from..eg its easier to hit a full 130yrd shot than an in-between 80 yrds

Mark_Mywords

First news from the Whackabout challenge, where Bigsmak's already put up a potentially unbeatable score....

1 Bigsmak 253.90

2 ayeball 343.08

3 jambopompey 579.68

4 graygo 682.47

5 sosweb 733.84

:lol: I only hit 2 greens.

Say What Again

1 Bigsmak 253.90

Potentially unbeatable for a whole hour. Someone's just knocked 30 off it with a 223.

At the end it shows "potential best score" is this taking the best score at every hole from all your rounds?

If so I'm the "potential" leader. :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

Only a day to go in the The Inaugural Kickback Links Cup Ballsup, and 7 players still to register rounds.

Here's the current standing.

1 Deviskan 70

2 hiz999 72

2 Chris1874 75

4 Bigsmak 75

4 AndyMcI77 75

A heads-up for school nights next week....

WGT only allows single round games - but we have Kickback to tally things up on.

So, next week I plan to run a full four-round tourney, with a cut etc.... only one round will be active at any one time, with 24 hours for you to register a score. Sound decent?

Say What Again
So, next week I plan to run a full four-round tourney, with a cut etc.... only one round will be active at any one time, with 24 hours for you to register a score. Sound decent?

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

I prefer it when you have just one go at it too - not as many rounds as you like until you get a good score.

ArmiyaRomanova

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

I prefer it when you have just one go at it too - not as many rounds as you like until you get a good score.

That'll be the case next week. :thumbsup:

jambopompey

WGT only allows single round games - but we have Kickback to tally things up on.

will it be the same course or a different course each round

Rick Grimes

81 on St Andrews tho could have taken at least 6 off that if putts hadn't skimmed just past or stopped just short. i bloody hate putting. :verymad:

club distance seems a bit off too - I can hit into the wind two clubs down from the listed distance and still end up 10 yards past :verymad: :verymad:

ArmiyaRomanova

will it be the same course or a different course each round

that would be telling.....

But I can say with total certainty that at least two of the rounds will be on the same course..... :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

Right guys, wee bit of advice please. 3rd hole, I can't get within 140ft of the hole, what am I doing wrong?

yodaforcelift1.jpg

That is tough.

278 after a few :whistling: (a lot) of attempts.

I can never hit the greens on the 3 long holes in the same game.

Potential best 109. Potential which will never ever be reached! :(

portobellojambo1

Only a day to go in the The Inaugural Kickback Links Cup Ballsup, and 7 players still to register rounds.

Here's the current standing.

1 Deviskan 70

2 hiz999 72

2 Chris1874 75

4 Bigsmak 75

4 AndyMcI77 75

Will this be during the week (I.e you're not planning on starting it over the weekend are you, I'l be down in London Friday night, back Sunday, and imagine there may be a few other in a similar position).

ArmiyaRomanova

Will this be during the week (I.e you're not planning on starting it over the weekend are you, I'l be down in London Friday night, back Sunday, and imagine there may be a few other in a similar position).

Start on Sunday evening probably....