Golf Game

jamborich

The Old Tolbooth

Just look for someone that looks like his avatar

He found me thanks to your description :lol:

I now know what you and your good lady look like thanks to Facebook as we have a mutual friend. :thumbsup:

You're getting stalked tomorrow mate!

I've always wanted my very own stalker :D

I feel turned on :unsure:

Obviously not green and bouncing on a ball though. The latter might depend on how much is consumed :lol:

Am absolutely nugggets, mate, and I've been bouncing ma ball (Linda) all the way home :lol:

Well he's got 3 hours to get as much down his neck as possible so bouncing on balls will be a possibility. :lol:

I've worked it out as follows-

2 hours pre-match drinking sensibly and discussing the upcoming match and Cruiky's heroics in a Hearts strip then after a 3 -0 win really going for it and having to get carted home!!

That was accurately close :lol:

I met Graygo in the Gorgie Suite and the rest is history, we ended up getitng prettty pushed togther, and then after he left I gotpished with Sharon Stone (another kber) and a few others :wacko:

Night night, am buckled :boak:

portobellojambo1

Well, I'll away and have another bash at the game Armiya has set up. I was playing it last night and was -5 after the 10th hole, I then got an eagle at the 11th, which put me to -7. I thought I'd view the replay and also started thinking I had a chance to throw in a really good score. However, there was a problem with the replay facility on the WGT site, and as I was sitting patiently waiting for it to load, so I could then get back into the game, I got an invite from Armiya, to join a game with himself and Boof.

The game started around 12:04 and we finished off at hole 18 around 02:08 this morning, and by joining I also cancelled the round I already had in progress at the time (its unfortunate they don't give you the option to save games and go back to them later). So off again now to see if I can replicate the early score I had then build on it.

However, there was a problem with the replay facility on the WGT site

I've had that before0

I just close the WGT window and when I re-open it the game is saved at wherever I left it. You just then need to choose the 'Continue game' option and you're laughing.

Some round from AR last night - unbelieveable some of the shots he was pulling off.

portobellojambo1

I've had that before0

I just close the WGT window and when I re-open it the game is saved at wherever I left it. You just then need to choose the 'Continue game' option and you're laughing.

Some round from AR last night - unbelieveable some of the shots he was pulling off.

Indeed, he was on fire last night. On the other hand I was playing internet golf hours after I'm normally in bed, and was struggling towards the end (which when you're having a not good round anyway doesn't help).

Got a week off work now, so I'll play about on the various courses and see if I can get any better. And maybe once Mr Mitchell has sobered up following his venture into corporate hospitality yesterday he'll then give some thought to arranging the league format competition, since he appears to have been elected for/delegated to that duty. :teehee:

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Old Tolbooth

I'll not be working on it today that's for sure Iain, I'm a tad tender in the heid! :wacko:

I actually have no recollection whatsoever of posting on JKB last night, and when I read the post above just now it was like I was reading it for the first time :peepwall:

I've always wanted my very own stalker :D

I feel turned on :unsure:

Am absolutely nugggets, mate, and I've been bouncing ma ball (Linda) all the way home :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you had a good day/night John :thumbsup:

Take it you had one or two Bacardi Breezers :whistling:

Silly question Graygo..... Is your name Graham? :lol: I had something in my friend request bit (not the friend suggestion bit) so clicked "add as friend", and I seem to of sent someone a friend request :huh:

Slightly confused :huh:

Edited by Dave Spacey

The Old Tolbooth

:lol: Glad you had a good day/night John :thumbsup:

Take it you had one or two Bacardi Breezers :whistling:

Mate, I was thinking about what drinks I had yesterday, and I'm ashamed!

At some point during the day I had champagne, wine, lager, Caffreys, Guinness, Bacardi, and summat else, and I've got a audacity to wonder why I was rough! :wacko:

Silly question Graygo..... Is your name Graham? :lol: I had something in my friend request bit (not the friend suggestion bit) so clicked "add as friend", and I seem to of sent someone a friend request :huh:

Slightly confused :huh:

Aye that's him mate, watch yersel, he's obviously stalking you too :ninja:

At some point during the day I had champagne, wine, lager, Caffreys, Guinness, Bacardi, and summat else, and I've got a audacity to wonder why I was rough! :wacko:

Christ that's quite a few different drinks :lol: no wonder you were pissed. Can't stand Bacardi, never touching it again after the one and only time I've tasted it :lol:

Been a while since someone's been stalking me :lol:

It's no quite the same when it's a bloke tho :unsure:

Very true, but you obviously didn't see what it was before :woot: To coin the phrase "I wouldn't with yours" may be an understatement :lol:

Quite frightening to think what I poured down my neck yesterday. I can remember champagne, Sol, a bottle of red wine, umpteen Jack Daniels, Whisky, several pints of lager, and some vodka at the end of the night. :o I certainly didn't have to wonder why I felt rough today. :geek:

Dave, nothing to do with me mate (had no idea what your surname was) but there is a friend request from you!!! Who's doing the stalking here. :P

Quite frightening to think what I poured down my neck yesterday. I can remember champagne, Sol, a bottle of red wine, umpteen Jack Daniels, Whisky, several pints of lager, and some vodka at the end of the night. :o I certainly didn't have to wonder why I felt rough today. :geek:

Dave, nothing to do with me mate (had no idea what your surname was) but there is a friend request from you!!! Who's doing the stalking here. :P

It was just strange, it was in my friends requests bit (suggested by someones Mrs) :lol:

Thinking about organising a "blitz"* tournament - basically more players on at once, but for a reasonably short time. Quite difficult to organise in terms of logistics, but if there's enough takers, I'll take on the tournament admin. Intention is it's just for folk on this thread.

Before I create a sign-up sheet though, what does everyone think?

* "blitz" not to be confused with "blitzed" as in what happened in hospitality at the weekend laugh.gif

Can I get my 50 credits back from the latest game............what was I thinking after a few beers. Entering a competiton when I can't play the bl**dy game!!! That was my best ever round and still last by some way.

ArmiyaRomanova

Thinking about organising a "blitz"* tournament - basically more players on at once, but for a reasonably short time. Quite difficult to organise in terms of logistics, but if there's enough takers, I'll take on the tournament admin. Intention is it's just for folk on this thread.

Before I create a sign-up sheet though, what does everyone think?

Go for it!

ArmiyaRomanova

I'm planning a major four-round tournament for around Xmas, and thought it'd be a good idea to offer actual, real, physical prizes for the winners.

Nothing major - preferrably things that are golf-associated, and that are small and can be posted relatively cheaply (i.e forget that ratty old set of clubs you thought you might get to offload on the unwary).

If anyone has anything that they might consider donating as a prize, please PM me to discuss....

portobellojambo1

I'm planning a major four-round tournament for around Xmas, and thought it'd be a good idea to offer actual, real, physical prizes for the winners.

Nothing major - preferrably things that are golf-associated, and that are small and can be posted relatively cheaply (i.e forget that ratty old set of clubs you thought you might get to offload on the unwary).

If anyone has anything that they might consider donating as a prize, please PM me to discuss....

Its unfortunate we didn't discover the WGT site around 14 months earlier than we did Armiya. When I left Portobello in June 2009 I decided at that point that as I hadn't played golf for around a year I would dispense with bringing everything with me when moving to Gorgie.

So out went around 200 balls, many still in their packages, unopened since I brought them home from the States, around 5 towels, 3 of which had never been opened (bought at courses in the States), a new (ish) pair of Reebok golf shoes (which I was delighted to pick up for ?150 in a half price sale), two unused gloves, two sets of left handed clubs and various little gadgets that make their way into your bag.

I now limit my golfing activity to this game, and will enter the competition. If I'm lucky enough to finish in a position which merits a prize it would therefore make more sense for you to give it to someone who can make use of it.

OAKMONT KNOCKOUT MATCHPLAY COMPETITION

Of course, it's not over yet for those stuck at the back of the Oakmont throat. 3rd/4th place playoff is between......

Boof

vs.

graygo

Good luck to all four players, and congratulations for getting thus far..... :thumbsup:

Final and playoff to be played by - whenever. Hopefully Saturday. :whistling:

Boof, do you still want to play this game?

Lost weekend meant that I forgot all about it. :whistling:

Boof, do you still want to play this game?

Lost weekend meant that I forgot all about it. :whistling:

Sorry graygo - been sick as a dug these last coupla days.

I'm happy to either play or forgeddit.

Sorry graygo - been sick as a dug these last coupla days.

I'm happy to either play or forgeddit.

I'm happy to play it if you're forfeiting the game mate. :lol:

Give me a shout tomorrow when I've sobered up. :ninja:

The Old Tolbooth

Right, apologies for the delay but I'm feeling a bit under the weather due to getting both the flu jab, and the pneumonia jab yesterday afternoon, 2 sore arms and flu like symptoms is no fun!

Lets get the names in for the league competition and see how many we get before deciding on the format, I'd really like to do 2 or 3 leagues with promotion and relegation, and was thinking of 6 players to a league, but as I said last week, it's open to suggestions.

Copy and paste the list below with your name in it so I can keep track of who's wanting to play

1. johnmitchell/persil32

More can be added if need be at the end and 18 was just the number I thought I would start with

:thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

Not played for 3 weeks + ... Might have lost the touch

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

3. Jack D and Coke (DavieHMFC)

4. Bigsmak

ArmiyaRomanova

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

If anybody here isn't on my WGT friend list send an invite and I'll stick you on.

Just makes setting up a wee bit quicker for my carrier pigeons.

Walter Bishop

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

12. Mark_Mywords/sosweb

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

12. Mark_Mywords/sosweb

13. robbo214/BBSHARK1874

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

12. Mark_Mywords/sosweb

13. robbo214/BBSHARK1874

14. Juanimator

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

12. Mark_Mywords/sosweb

13. robbo214/BBSHARK1874

14. Juanimator

15. AndyMcI77

1. johnmitchell/persil32

2. portobellojambo1

4. Bigsmak

5. Armiya//ayeball

6.(jambo)Dunks

7. Dave Spacey/Dave243

8. Graygo

9. jambosean75

10. (Jambo)Boof

11. Jamiej29

12. Mark_Mywords/sosweb

13. robbo214/BBSHARK1874

14. Juanimator

15. AndyMcI77

16. hmfc21

portobellojambo1

Bring this back up top. Another two names needed so John can get formatting his spreadsheet(s). Surely there must be two out there somewhere, the CC has 79 members (although admittedly some don't appear to have played the game for a long while).

:wacko:

HELP!!

These may help.

http://exceltemplate...ures-and-table/

http://www.fixtureli...reatealist1.php

Once the format i.e number of teams per league has been decided you can use the "createlist" to make the fixtures. (You can change the number of teams on the excel sheet i have linked but for some reason it changes the league table but not the fixture list)

Then manually enter the fixtures into the excel sheet and alter the team names. May take a short time to enter the fixtures but once they are in the league updates automatically.

I have had a quick bash at it by entering some fixtures and changing the names and everything everything seems to work fine.

Edited by AndyMcI

It might make it easier to administrate if the finalised spreadsheet was put up in Google docs and shared with the 16 players so that we can update after every match rather than one person having to do it all. :thumbsup:

I use Google doc spreadsheets for work a lot and it's very easy to set up. :thumbsup:

It might make it easier to administrate if the finalised spreadsheet was put up in Google docs and shared with the 16 players so that we can update after every match rather than one person having to do it all. :thumbsup:

I use Google doc spreadsheets for work a lot and it's very easy to set up. :thumbsup:

Agree with this