Golf Game

jamborich

The Old Tolbooth

John, i was meaning the going through with it anyway :lol: despite knowing I shouldn't

You're making me feel bad now :(

NOT! :lol:

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 8 and both hit tee shots to the edge of the green, this time Dave remembers to change his meter from 150ft to 30 ft :lol:

both hole out for par and the score remains the same, it's tight now that Dave has composed himself :thumbsup:

Hole 8 and both hit tee shots to the edge of the green, this time Dave remembers to change his meter from 150ft to 30 ft :lol:

both hole out for par and the score remains the same, it's tight now that Dave has composed himself :thumbsup:

Always tight for me John :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

2 decent approach shots to the 9th and two birdie putts coming up on the most impossible green in world golf!

I make a right james hunt of my putt and end up miles away for a par, Dave hits his to within 15ft and is as bad as my effort :D

Dave slides his just past for his par, and leaves me a chance to win the hole, which I don't take and miss the putt, 2 bogeys sees a halved hole.

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 10 and both hit the green in two leaving birdie putts, I go first and miss by inches, Dave goes next and also misses by inches, the chances are there but no one wants to take them!

2 pars and John remains 3 up

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 11 and I play up short to leave an easier approach, and then slam it in the bunker :doh:

Dave plays a nice tee shot and his approach is a beauty to within a few feet of the pin.

I play my bunker shot to within 7 feet and then miss my putt, leaving Dave with 2 putts to win the hole, which he easily does.

Back to 2 up now with 7 to play, and the nerves are jangling now!

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 12 (the mammoth par 5 that should be a par 12!)

Two drives down the middle so far, Dave plays a good 2nd down the middle again, and I mishit mine and send it into the rough, the tides turning I feel!

Dave hits his approach 7 yards past the pin, and mine goes through the back of the green after misjudging it completely, oops! :unsure:

I mess my pitch right up and let Dave in big time, a putt for the hole................which is missed, however I miss my putt too and Dave holes to win it.

1 up and squeaky arse time! :sweat:

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 13 and Dave its the green with his tee shot but leaves a tricky putt, which he plays very well to get to within 5 feet, a cracker mate!

My putt is too high and misses too, down to the par putts for the honours............which Dave misses, and I steal in and pinch the hole

John 2 up with 5 to play

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 14 and I hit a good drive right down the middle, while Dave finds the rough (he likes a bit of rough he says)

Dave hits a truly majestic shot to within 3 feet of the pin from the rough, while my approach rolled on a lot further than I wanted and leaves me with a big putt to save the hole.......................which I miss, but secure a par, Dave then putts for the hole.....................................which he nails!

1 up with 4 to play and back to sweaty bollox time again! :sweat:

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 15 and 2 more good drives, but the approach shot from me hits a bump and scoots for miles past the pin, sods law! Dave's approach ends up in the rough, he pitches out and hits the flagstick but the ball spins away and leaves a tricky putt.

My putt sails past the hole from an impossible angle and distance of 84ft,I then miss my par putt and Dave has a putt to tie the match....................which he misses, we both hole out for bogeys and half the hole

John 1 up

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 16 and two tee shots both hit the green leaving long putts,Dave pushed his past the hole by 10 fett, and I push mine past the hole by 6 ft, Dave first up for his par.................................and misses, I have a 6ft putt for the hole........................and also miss it!!

The tension is unreal now as the crowd gasp!

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 17 and Dave hits a great drive, whilst I stick mine in the rough after trying to play safe

I then hit my approach shot to within 6 feet of the pin and breath a sigh of relief, whilst Dave also hits his shot to 6 feet, 2 birdie putts coming up, me first................ which had a wicked swing on it and misses the hole, arrghhh!

Dave steps up and holes his putt to level the match going down the last, great putt Dave :thumbsup:

I've landed other side of the green in the rough

John on the green but 11 yards short

Nerves

Dave chips to 2 yards

John putts to 2.2 foot

Dave misses :o

John doesn't

cracker of a game John

Edited by Dave Spacey

The Old Tolbooth

Hole 18 and the crowd swells even further

We both hit good drives down the middle...............

The approach shots next, and Daves up first..........and he's just off the back of the green, whilst I leave mine short and a 30 foot putt awaits

Dave pitches to 6 feet and leaves a tester, whilst I putt to 2 feet

Dave up next and..............oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, leaves it looking in the hole agonisingly short, it's literally millimetres from dropping!

I step up and.....................HOLE IT!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!!! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

The Old Tolbooth

I've landed other side of the green in the rough

John on the green but 11 yards short

Nerves

Dave chips to 2 yards

John putts to 2.2 foot

Dave misses :o

John doesn't

cracker of a game John

That was some match mate, I thought I had you at the turn but it was a great fight back and I thought I'd blown it.

I can't believe that putt on the last didn't drop, I was waiting to hear the "clunk" as it hit the bottom, and when it didn't come I couldn't believe it!

Some final mate, a cracker!

The Old Tolbooth

That putt really was agonisingly short. 6 inches in it.

Deserved champion though John. Well done

Well played John - and the commentary was as good as ever :laugh:thumbsup.gif

Sounded like a great game Chaps - well played to both and congrats JM thumbsup.gif

Cheers lads, now where's Ayeball with my 2000 credits for winning? :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

Cheers lads, now where's Ayeball with my 2000 credits for winning? :whistling:

OAKMONT KNOCKOUT MATCHPLAY COMPETITION

The deserved winner - after what sounds like a stiff test, with both players holding their own throughout.....

johnmitchell//persil32

John walks away with a nice picture of a fried egg for all his efforts.... congratulations!

fried_egg_breaking.jpg

:thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

He'll be licking the screen right now laugh.gif

I'm bloody starving now :D

Sounded like a cracking final. Nice win John. :thumbsup:

Cheers Mark, it was a cracker of a game!

A fried egg for winning? You know how to turn me on ayeball :lol:

Looking forward to this :D

I'd better ssshhhhh though - don't want to put either player off their shot.

Graygo - gie's a shout when you're about. I'm out for about an hour from now but should be back later.

Sorry mate, forgot all about this, tomorrow night?

Well played John (and Dave) sounded like a good game, even though I'm about 7 hours after the event.

Top class commentary as well John, Peter Alliss should be looking over his shoulder in fear of his job after that :lol:

portobellojambo1

Congratulations John.

Armiya,

Have you had under further thoughts about setting up some sort of league competition, as was briefly discussed a few pages back. If it does go ahead would it all be match play, or would/could it be split as a mixture of match play/stroke play (for example play half the matches match play and half stroke play, meaning each person would play everyone else twice within the league format, but in two different game formats, or something along those lines (this assumes it is possible to set up a stroke play game for two, never tried it so don't know).

ArmiyaRomanova

Congratulations John.

Armiya,

Have you had under further thoughts about setting up some sort of league competition, as was briefly discussed a few pages back. If it does go ahead would it all be match play, or would/could it be split as a mixture of match play/stroke play (for example play half the matches match play and half stroke play, meaning each person would play everyone else twice within the league format, but in two different game formats, or something along those lines (this assumes it is possible to set up a stroke play game for two, never tried it so don't know).

I like the idea and will take part - but I'm butting out and leaving the organisation to someone else - hopefully John ?

The Old Tolbooth

I like the idea and will take part - but I'm butting out and leaving the organisation to someone else - hopefully John ?

No pressure then :lol:

I'd need a hand with a fixture generator as I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll try my best to get this off the ground, don't shoot me if I get it slightly wrong though cos I'm pish at pooter stuff and a bit of a technophobe :peepwall:

Gimme until Sunday and I'll think of summat, but I'd like a bit more group discussion around it as to what people want, because sure as damn it, I'll take the wrath of many for setting summat up that no fecker agrees with :D

(The reason I ask for time until Sunday is because we're in hospitality tomorrow (?50 each for match tickets, 2 course meal, half time pie, and 3 hours of booze was too good to turn down) and I may be a tad pished tomorrow))

Give me your thoughts on a league system and I'll take the best of them and try to knit something together, but don't expect any spreadheets or feck all cos I don't do them :wacko:

No pressure then :lol:

I'd need a hand with a fixture generator as I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll try my best to get this off the ground, don't shoot me if I get it slightly wrong though cos I'm pish at pooter stuff and a bit of a technophobe :peepwall:

Gimme until Sunday and I'll think of summat, but I'd like a bit more group discussion around it as to what people want, because sure as damn it, I'll take the wrath of many for setting summat up that no fecker agrees with :D

(The reason I ask for time until Sunday is because we're in hospitality tomorrow (?50 each for match tickets, 2 course meal, half time pie, and 3 hours of booze was too good to turn down) and I may be a tad pished tomorrow))

Give me your thoughts on a league system and I'll take the best of them and try to knit something together, but don't expect any spreadheets or feck all cos I don't do them :wacko:

John. me and my wee (????) boy are in hospitality tomorrow. Christ we could be sitting next to each other and not know it!!! :woot:

If I hear some dude bragging about winning a golf tournament though....... :lol:

For the avoidance of doubt I didn't mean that I wouldn't know my son. :teehee:

Edited by graygo

John. me and my wee (????) boy are in hospitality tomorrow. Christ we could be sitting next to each other and not know it!!! :woot:

If I hear some dude bragging about winning a golf tournament though....... :lol:

For the avoidance of doubt I didn't mean that I wouldn't know my son. :teehee:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just look for someone that looks like his avatar :whistling:

Edited by Dave Spacey

Obviously not green and bouncing on a ball though. The latter might depend on how much is consumed :lol:

Well he's got 3 hours to get as much down his neck as possible so bouncing on balls will be a possibility. :lol:

I've worked it out as follows-

2 hours pre-match drinking sensibly and discussing the upcoming match and Cruiky's heroics in a Hearts strip then after a 3 -0 win really going for it and having to get carted home!! :thumbsup: